It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

18 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I honestly think it's because HJun is the anti-YA. It already said something that she was so taken with YA that she was willing to allow her immature youngest son who has no job or prospects to get married and ignore all the warning signs that were there that something was off. The mom knew that SJ was probably getting married to get the apartment, but she was willing to go along with it.

Then HJun comes along who is a smart, successful woman with her own lawfirm at which her second son works, and she doesn't know how to deal with HJun because HJun isn't a shy, deferential little girl that the mother can "mother" and feel superior to. Rather, the mother knows that HJun has accomplished a lot of things already that she, the mother herself, never even thought of doing. So, the mother is intimidated. And, she's also probably worrying that HJun will have the upper hand in the marriage as the older, more successful of the couple.

Which is what makes the mother so ridiculous. Rather than being happy that such an accomplished woman wants to share the rest of her life with YJ, and also that such a woman is being all deferential to her, she would rather that YJ go find another YA-type. Ugh

This!! This is exactly her problem. Ugh! Still, ridiculous!

• Like 3

I’ve been enjoying this drama every weekend.  Haven’t commented because felt it’s very mellow so far.  However todays episode with granma and sister in law reaction to SY birth is very frustrating.  Broke my heart.  
Kinda disappointed the middle couple’s screen time cut to deal with this as well. 

I actually look forward when SY is reunited with her biological dad.  

ummm the oldest couple needs to figure out how to feed themselves than depend on others.  That is so embarrassing what they are currently doing.  Plus easy predictable of future relationship problems 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mizv said:

I actually look forward when SY is reunited with her biological dad.  

Agreed. I expect it will be very emotional when they finally unite. It's just that there is a lot of angst to get to before they get there. Also, I'm still bugged by the faux-cest line that they are setting up between HJ and MR. I hope that they drop that part. I wouldn't complain about that.

8 minutes ago, Mizv said:

ummm the oldest couple needs to figure out how to feed themselves than depend on others.  That is so embarrassing what they are currently doing.  Plus easy predictable of future relationship problems 

I'm not sure what you're referring to? I haven't watched today's episode, so not entirely sure. However, if you mean YJ ad HJun, I don't think they have a problem feeding themselves?

• Like 1

I am all caught up. And eps 31 turned out better than I expected. For one, I am glad that SJ ( MiRae's mum) being an adoptee is made known to the mother-in-law and the children. While I think that there's nothing wrong with being adopted, it was a deception nevertheless. MR's dad and SJ's adopted mum had coaxed the SJ into not revealing the truth. But this of course has been eating SJ up slowly but surely -  which explained her erratic behaviour. Anyhow, SJ feels free finally, and I was pretty moved at the scene where SJ was talking to MR and the brother about it. Those two are good kids. Actually all the children here are pretty great. (though Soo Jae still needs some growing up to do) 

Now Kyung Ae - hmmm she is pretty accepting of Mi Rae. So I don't see any issues there. Even MR's mum is quite accepting of Hyun Jae ( so in I don't see any issues with family when it comes to their time for marriage ) . But Kyung Ae is still very much on the fence about Hae Jun. But I can tell that Yoon Jae's financial status is gonna be a problem with Hae Jun's family. It shouldn't be of course but I understand the East Asian mentality - Hae Jun is very independent and successful but YJ isn't financially stable when he's already 40. And Kyung Ae who's already very edgy about this may not want YoonJae to be looked down on. 

--------------------

Omg @Min86 Kyung Ae is in hanbook!  A wedding? And who is preggers????? @stroppyse

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Wahhh HJ meets MR's dad...and can see her parents approve of him. 

Just now, Min86 said:

I would be surprised if someone other than HaeJun is pregnant. There has been no hint of intimacy between the other couples, or have I missed something?

hahaahah it has to be them....he's always staying over after all. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Okay this scene is the one in the preview - HaeJun can sense Kyung Ae's displeasure. 

YJ and his mum argue about it. 

Spoiler

So looks like Kyung Ae called Hae Jun out all of a sudden. Hae Jun scolded YJ for not warning her in advance but doesn't seem like YJ knows

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am really curious about this cut - so they don't think she should marry YJ?

I guess HJun is going to pay for the wedding with neither YJ or his family contributing anything to the expenses of the wedding. HJun's family were not happy about that, plus saying that YJ should at least to pay for half and be able to bring as much assets to the couple as HJun does.

Also, there arel presents that are made to members of the in-laws' families which HJun said that she was going to do. Apparently, the sister-in-law had given HJun a dresser and some money when she married her brother. So, they were also upset that HJun and YJ weren't going to follow the Korean wedding traditions.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So looks like Kyung Ae called Hae Jun out all of a sudden. Hae Jun scolded YJ for not warning her in advance but doesn't seem like YJ knows

KA tells HJun that she had heard that HJun had heard the phone call in the car. HJun asked if the mother heard it from YJ, and the mother confirmed it.

KA then tells HJun that just because the couple want to do the wedding themselves, it's still hard for the parents not to contribute anything so that HJun should let her know if there is anything that she needs. HJun responds that she will think it over and let her know.

HJun calls YJ after she gets back to her office and asks YJ what he had said to his mother about her. YJ says that he didn't say much of anything, but HJun scolds him that since he had told his mother that she HJun had overheard the phone call, that he should have called her and let her know so that she could have prepared herself for it.

Also, one of the lines from the last preview where KA talks about HJun not having parents, KA is actually talking to MH about it, saying that you can tell what a woman is like by seeing her mother, but since HJun doesn't have a mother, that she's even harder to figure out.

• Thanks 2
  • Awesome 1
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

KA tells HJun that she had heard that HJun had heard the phone call in the car. HJun asked if the mother heard it from YJ, and the mother confirmed it.

KA then tells HJun that just because the couple want to do the wedding themselves, it's still hard for the parents not to contribute anything so that HJun should let her know if there is anything that she needs. HJun responds that she will think it over and let her know.

HJun calls YJ after she gets back to her office and asks YJ what he had said to his mother about her. YJ says that he didn't say much of anything, but HJun scolds him that since he had told his mother that she HJun had overheard the phone call, that he should have called her and let her know so that she could have prepared herself for it.

Well, if HaeJun is paying for everything, I can see how that could cause some problems. I am hoping YJs investment will make him some money bc otherwise 😩

• Like 2
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That would help short cut all these objections from both of their families.

And wouldn’t that be great! Lol! 

though some ppl are really complaining about HaeJun being too pushy… 

tnh, she was always like that and that’s also the only reason she has a relationship with Yoon Jae. 

Edited by Min86
  • Like 2
On 7/16/2022 at 6:16 PM, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to? I haven't watched today's episode, so not entirely sure. However, if you mean YJ ad HJun, I don't think they have a problem feeding themselves?

:lmao2:  Yes I think they do. he is always taking food from his brother and mom to feed her. Or eat out.  I think they went grocery shopping one time, not sure what they “cooked” :)

Caught the preview of possible one the couples pregnant?  I think The cousins being pregnant would be the most drama since they are already struggling with 3 kids.  I thought the preview was bad editing.  I doubt any of bros went to 3rd base.

Maybe YJ though.  That would be interesting.  There is still room for more drama got plenty of episodes left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

9 hours ago, Mizv said:

:lmao2:  Yes I think they do. he is always taking food from his brother and mom to feed her. Or eat out.  I think they went grocery shopping one time, not sure what they “cooked” :)

Caught the preview of possible one the couples pregnant?  I think The cousins being pregnant would be the most drama since they are already struggling with 3 kids.  I thought the preview was bad editing.  I doubt any of bros went to 3rd base.

Maybe YJ though.  That would be interesting.  There is still room for more drama got plenty of episodes left.

I also thought, the cousins could be pregnant. 

but, YJ and HaeJun have definitely gone to 3rd base… he keeps staying overnight lol. 

It’d be funny if she’s pregnant, especially bc the most common argument the families have had is… she’s too old, what about kids? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Here's the written preview for next ep:

미영은 결국 숨을 거두고. 수정은 미영을 붙잡고 절규한다. 한편, 해준의 초대로 즐거운 시간을 보내던 현재는 미래의 전화를 받고 다급히 나가는데...

The translation I got:

Miyoung finally dies. Soo-jeong grabs Mi-young and screams. Meanwhile, Hyun, who was having a good time at Haejun's invitation, gets a call from Mirae and leaves in a hurry...

• Thanks 1

@Min86 I have been going through the cuts on YT. Plot wise so far , it doesn't seem much has happened until the end. The only thing is that Hae Jun got a call that the venue for their wedding is available. She called YJ who happened to be at Hyun Jae's place

Continuation here

Spoiler

After watching last Sunday's episode, I have a new found appreciation for Mi Rae and her brother. While it's true that mum had deceived the MR's grandma but she isn't a bad person. And I love the kids standing up & defending their mum.

But this aunt is very annoying

Spoiler

And MR trying to bridge things between mum and the grandma

Spoiler

Hyun Jae is the BF of the year ....he's just really sweet & quite cued into how MR feels 

I think in this cut they talk about HJ's dad's adoption & the good relationship between grandad & dad.

Fundamentally , I feel their relationship is quite strong since they tend to talk things out quite calmly 

Spoiler

HyunMi dating scene

Spoiler

Ooo MR's brother showing much interest in Yuna. I like the idea of their pairing compared to her & Soo Jae. 

Spoiler

Oh dear ...this is the scene of MR's maternal grandma passing

• Awesome 1

Here's the preview.

It seems like Saturdays are kind of light episodes where things don't move along so much and Sundays are packed.

@abs-oluteM I also liked how Mirae and her brother are standing up for her mom. And please, someone send the Aunt back to Australia!!!

In the preview, i got the feeling that HaeJun and KyungAe might have come to an understanding...hope so...

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 hours ago, Min86 said:

In the preview, i got the feeling that HaeJun and KyungAe might have come to an understanding...hope so...

Looks like it. Anyhow we have a gorgeous wedding

FYazxF5acAACmBP?format=png&name=900x900

But I have to say that the preview about HJ not being able to attend YJ's marriage just because his GF's family is mourning is rather strange. I agree that Hae Jun shouldn't but Hyun Jae is not married to MR yet....

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1