It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

15 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Looks like it. Anyhow we have a gorgeous wedding

FYazxF5acAACmBP?format=png&name=900x900

But I have to say that the preview about HJ not being able to attend YJ's marriage just because his GF's family is mourning is rather strange. I agree that Hae Jun shouldn't but Hyun Jae is not married to MR yet....

Those pics looks lovely 🥰 The Dolts look so happy! 

I don’t understand what is the reason why HyunJae shouldn’t go or why HaeJun shouldn’t attend the funeral? 

can someone share some insight?

Edited by Min86
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, Min86 said:

why HaeJun shouldn’t attend the funeral? 

I understand this as usually in many East Asian cultures there's cultural (superstitious) beliefs that wedding and funerals clash.   Am of Chinese descent , so I know my family wouldn't want me to attend a funeral so close to my own wedding. In fact there's also belief that if I am in mourning that I shouldn't attend another person's wedding. But in Hyun Jae's case - he's not married to MR yet. So there are no family ties as yet. Hence I am wondering why he can't attend the brother's wedding. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I haven't enjoyed the last episodes as much as I did today. Still have to wait for subs, but there were imo a lot of important things which happened today. Especially between HaeJun- Mom Lee- Mirae- HyunJae. And ofc, the first Lee wedding.

Here's the preview clip for next ep. 

Is it me, or is it hinting at YooNa being pregnant?

• Like 2

I can tell that I am gonna love tonight's episode 

Starts off where the 3 bros are meeting at HaeJun's . Soo Jae thinks future sis in law is super cool. Hyun Jae snorts ahahaha ( love HJ vs HJ bickering). Mid-way, Hyun Jae gets call from MR and finds out that her grandma has passed away.

Spoiler

YJ had a one to one session with dad just before the wedding. I love dad - fantastic father and role model for his sons. 

Spoiler

Hyun Jae scoring maximum points here. He was there all the way for the grandma's funeral. Her parents were touched ...

Spoiler

Have to see how in awe Yoon Jae was when he saw Hae Jun in a wedding dress. It was HaeJun's sis-in-law who felt that MR and Hyun Jae shouldn't go for the wedding since they had attended her grandma's funeral

Spoiler

Woot ! Hyun Jae definitely gets mum's approval. MR's mum can tell that Hyun Jae really likes MR.  

Spoiler

Happy that Hae Jun was able to touch Yoon Jae's mum with her sincerity

Spoiler

Despite all the objections about MR & HJ attending , they did. So glad. The wedding was beautiful

And the preview is shocking to me with regards to who is preggers

2 minutes ago, Min86 said:

Is it me, or is it hinting at YooNa being pregnant?

Yes ....she's the one. So she should be quite a few months along. It should be Soo Jae's since his mum was the one that had the pregnancy dream. I was half-hoping it was MR's brother ahahahah I like him more. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

YJ had a one to one session with dad just before the wedding. I love dad - fantastic father and role model for his sons. 

I loved that moment...they usually have so little one on one moments.

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Happy that Hae Jun was able to touch Yoon Jae's mum with her sincerity

It does seem like Mom Lee finally saw HaeJun. I'm glad.

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes ....she's the one. So she should be quite a few months along. It should be Soo Jae's since his mum was the one that had the pregnancy dream. I was half-hoping it was MR's brother ahahahah I like him more

I think that could be the way for her to get acceptance back into the family...still, it baffles me bc I don't remember any hints about intimacy between them... and usually, we get those between the main couples in a family drama...right?

The other thing that kind of bothers me is...why go to the trouble of presenting an 'almost' love triangle if she's going to be pregnant before anything could really happen with Mirae's brother...

But, I will let the writers surprise us. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Min86 said:

The other thing that kind of bothers me is...why go to the trouble of presenting an 'almost' love triangle if she's going to be pregnant before anything could really happen with Mirae's brother...

You have a point here. I really like MR's brother especially in the recent episodes when he stood up to the aunt. Plus for whatever scenes we have seen him in , he's been presented as a thoughtful and grounded young man. However Soo Jae is the lead here. So I am guessing that he & Yuna will end up together unless  viewers strongly think otherwise and they could change the plot. 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

You have a point here. I really like MR's brother especially in the recent episodes when he stood up to the aunt. Plus for whatever scenes we have seen him in , he's been presented as a thoughtful and grounded young man. However Soo Jae is the lead here. So I am guessing that he & Yuna will end up together unless  viewers strongly think otherwise and they could change the plot. 

I do like Mirae's brother for YooNa, but it does seem like she really has not given him a chance at all...so, why have him as a "third" party if she will find out she's pregnant before actually deciding to date him? That's what I find kind of absurd...

But then, as you wrote, it seems like YooNa will end up with SooJae and while I admit, he seems to have starting to take things more seriously, I don't think he's anywhere ready to marry YooNa yet.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 minutes ago, Min86 said:

I think that could be the way for her to get acceptance back into the family...still, it baffles me bc I don't remember any hints about intimacy between them... and usually, we get those between the main couples in a family drama...right?

It could be Yoo Na who is pregnant, because when she and SJ were dating, they had scenes where they would go back to her apartment for some more kissing. The implication was that they were doing more than just kissing. It's just that they never explicitly showed it. However, they were young, in love, and had the privacy of an apartment... 

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I really like MR's brother especially in the recent episodes when he stood up to the aunt. Plus for whatever scenes we have seen him in , he's been presented as a thoughtful and grounded young man.

I really like JH, too, and thought he was far too good for YN. However, this relationship was never going to work. YN is SJ's ex, and SJ is HJ's brother. So, when HJ and MR get married, if JH and YN are dating, that would put YN and SJ basically in the same extended family. This is the kind of stuff that really only happens in makjang dramas. In reality, YN and SJ's attempts to scam his family could come to light and make YN particularly unacceptable to JH's family, especially as SJ's ex. It also has implications for family relations, since SJ's family and YN would probably remain awkward and would probably not attend any extended family gatherings. For sure, SJ's mother would never forgive YN if she became an in-law by marriage to her. Rather, YN would become a thorn in SJ's mother's side, and the mother isn't the type to not make her displeasure unknown.

If SJ and YN are an end game, making her pregnant is probably the only way to bring her back into the family fold.

The love triangle also doesn't make a lot of sense because YN started accepting JH's tokens and attention once she had broken up with SJ. I assume it was to show that YN was trying to completely get over SJ? It's hard to tell since the actress is too inexperienced to give us more than read her lines. Anyway, I have to admit that I stopped caring about SJ and YN a long time ago. They are both too young to be in any relationships with each other or elsewhere. It just sucks that JH who is such a lovely guy, respectful, proper, and responsible is going to get his heart kicked again.

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But in Hyun Jae's case - he's not married to MR yet. So there are no family ties as yet. Hence I am wondering why he can't attend the brother's wedding. 

The sentiment is really about attending a funeral then a wedding as much as it is about formal family relations. A funeral is an occasion of sadness and mourning, so how could you go from that to a wedding which is supposed to be about celebration of a new journey? Also, while HJ and MR are not engaged or married as yet, they are in a serious relationship to the point that HJ wasn't going to not attend the funeral, especially for the sake of a superstition. Btw, I'm with HJun in saying that it's just a superstition that I don't buy into.

It is nice to see YJ's mother finally getting some true appreciation for HJun's sincere and honest nature, not to mention her true love for her son, and her respect for his mother (and father) as well.

Definitely do not like HJun's sister-in-law. She doesn't seem spiteful or mean, but she does seem very petty and self-righteous.

The drink between YJ and his father was so sweet! I had to laugh as YJ got married, though. Apparently, Oh Min Seok is still single, mostly because he's such a mama's boy and is comfortable that way. :lmao2:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Translation of the preview

Mother: I had a dream, and I think it was a fetal dream.
Father: That was a pointless dream. Is there anyone in our family who is likely to get pregnant? Sung Soo’s maybe?

SS Mother: Are you going to have another baby then?
SR: Mother!

Father: Yoon Jae? Do you think that they’ll have a child so easily?

HJun: I’m so hungry.

MR: Eat a lot.
HJ: Thank you for the food.
Grandmother: When are you getting married?
MR: Grandmother!
Grandmother: You’re not going to just end it at dating, are you?
Grandmother: Now that I think about it, you said your father was adopted, didn’t you?

SJ: Do you miss her?
Grandfather: Of course I miss her. You miss Yoo Na, too, don’t you?

JH: Hello

SJ: I have to meet someone who is a better person than I am. (think this is a continuation of his conversation with his grandfather)

JH: You’re having a hard time, aren’t you? Why are you putting up such a front?
YN: To protect him, and not be swayed.

The implication seems to be that YN still loves SJ, and JH who seems to be a remarkably sensitive person is aware of it. JH is still acting as a Daddy Long Legs type for YN, acting as her friend, her benefactor, her confidante, etc. Given at how sincere he is in his dealings with people, he definitely did not need to be the third wheel to 2 immature kids. SJ has started to mature some, but he's still not ready to get married or become a father, even if that may be the only way to get YN and SJ the end game. I really wish they would just open end this relationship. I'm fine with YN finding her dream of being a patissiere, SJ figuring out his place in life, and JH continuing to learn about Bong Foods, the food empire that he will some day inherit. The three of them don't need to be entangled any further.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The implication seems to be that YN still loves SJ, and JH who seems to be a remarkably sensitive person is aware of it. JH is still acting as a Daddy Long Legs type for YN, acting as her friend, her benefactor, her confidante, etc. Given at how sincere he is in his dealings with people, he definitely did not need to be the third wheel to 2 immature kids. SJ has started to mature some, but he's still not ready to get married or become a father, even if that may be the only way to get YN and SJ the end game. I really wish they would just open end this relationship. I'm fine with YN finding her dream of being a patissiere, SJ figuring out his place in life, and JH continuing to learn about Bong Foods, the food empire that he will some day inherit. The three of them don't need to be entangled any further.

Tbh, I think JH deserves better than to be the third wheel here. And I was actually thinking that SJ and YN ending up as mature ppl who decide to give themselves another chance at love would be ok. 

But, it seems that the writers would force their relationship with a pregnancy, and as you wrote...it could be the only way for YooNa to get acceptance at this point. 

I wonder if this drama would go like "All about my mom" and end up with all the female leads pregnant lol!

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

t is nice to see YJ's mother finally getting some true appreciation for HJun's sincere and honest nature, not to mention her true love for her son, and her respect for his mother (and father) as well.

I really liked the tone and the way that scene went...i have to wait for the subs, but I felt how touched KyungAe was and I liked it. 

It was time she actually "saw" HaeJun. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
40 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

:laugh:

That would be hilarious. Though perhaps, have all 3 daughters-in-law plus SR as well become pregnant???

Well, Mommy Lee wanted to have kids in the house...that way she'd have enough :lmao2:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, Mizv said:

I cried and rejoiced in one go.  The death was so sad.  The marriage so happy.  

interesting theories who is preggie.

It was a wholesome episode imo. So many important and heartfelt moments!!! 

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Film making of the recent episodes

It seems like the actors get along pretty well! 

Is it me, or that first dress she tried was just BEAUTIFUL! She looked like a princess! :D

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Min86 said:

Is it me, or that first dress she tried was just BEAUTIFUL! She looked like a princess! :D

I saw a Naver comment that says that the 1st dress was even more beautiful than what she wore for the actual ceremony. 

I am surprised that KBS released a film making . They usually don't bother much for weekend dramas. 

• Like 2

Oh, I do think it was more beautiful...but ofc the sister in law had to complain!

The dress she wore: 

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am surprised that KBS released a film making . They usually don't bother much for weekend dramas. 

I think they have been releasing those vids in an attempt to get more ppl interested...but idk. 

I don't think they will even reach 30% in ratings tbh. As much as I love this drama, it is a little slow and some ppl don't like that.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't know why but how come I think Hae Jun is not the one pregnant? I have a feeling she may have difficulty conceiving. They are at the gynae 

BF.30790698.1.jpg

I think that’s a huge possibility. They look rather serious. 

there was a post in IG about this but the translation was so bad, I didn’t even bother. I’ll post the link here though… 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgoMTUOJKhR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Thanks 1

@Min86 we don't have to worry ....it's Hae Jun who is preggers!! 

https://www.tvreport.co.kr/2111054

Shim Hae-jun (Shin Dong-mi) and Lee Yoon-jae (Oh Min-seok) got pregnant at the same time as they got married.

After Yoon-jae and Hae-jun's wedding on that day, Han Kyung-ae (Kim Hye-ok) had a dream where there were two coveted peaches. At Kyung-ae's words, "Tae-mong", Lee Min-ho (Park Sang-won) did not believe, saying, "It's a dog's dream. Will Yoon-jae become a dad that easily?"

However, Hae-jun is pregnant with Yoon-jae's child. When the room service food arrived, she felt nauseous, and at Yoon Jae's suggestion, "Let's do a pregnancy test," confirmed the pregnancy in the hotel room during the honeymoon.

When the two lines appeared clearly in,  Hae-jun and Yoon-jae cheered and rejoiced. Yoon-jae asked, "Did it happen all at once? How do you feel? Don't you hate children?", and Hae-jun said, "I was so worried that it wouldn't happen... I wanted a child who looked like the two of us," and they hugged each other tightly.

• Like 2

But for Hyun Mi couple ...things are looking up. You can tell HJ's family like MR and MR's family definitely gave him the seal of approval when he visited them

Spoiler

Spoiler

And our Hyun Jae proposed !!

But I think with MR's mum going to look for her real parents it won't be long before it leads back to haroboji. And then it will definitely create some problems for MR - HJ's marriage

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

43 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh no @Min86  it was a false positive :cry:

Poor them!!  They were so happy! 

but then, who’s going to be pregnant? 

24 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But for Hyun Mi couple ...things are looking up. You can tell HJ's family like MR and MR's family definitely gave him the seal of approval when he visited them

I saw that he proposed!!! But it seems like the secret will come out before the big day 🥺

• Sad 1
Just now, Min86 said:

but then, who’s going to be pregnant? 

Yuna??? But I think the chances are slim....it's been quite awhile since she broke up with Soo Jae isn't it. Maybe by the end of this , Hae Jun will be able to conceive.

2 minutes ago, Min86 said:

I saw that he proposed!!! But it seems like the secret will come out before the big day

IKR...they look so happy especially in the preview :psweatduck:

56 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yuna??? But I think the chances are slim....it's been quite awhile since she broke up with Soo Jae isn't it. Maybe by the end of this , Hae Jun will be able to conceive.

IKR...they look so happy especially in the preview :psweatduck:

I also doubt that is YooNa… how long has it being aince she and SJ broke up? 

But with the mom having that dream, I guess one of them is/will be pregnant. 

and they did look happy!! But is MiRae’s mom thinking about how close grandpa and Minho look even when he’s adopted? 

btw, do you think she’ll be mad bc she thinks her parents abused her and abandoned her? 

• Like 1