Love You Seven Times 七时吉祥 [2023]

Tofu

I'm caught up with all the episodes, even the ones from today (haha!). I'm actually a little bit surprised that Changkong's story is as long as it is. To me, I remember it being just a short portion at the beginning of the novel where Xiang Zi realized that she could love Chu Kong. I don't mind the new development though. 

In regards to YCY's acting, there were some scenes where I wished her expressions were a bit more relaxed, but other than that, I think she's doing fine. I'm not blown away but I'm also not put off by her acting, if that makes sense. Ding Yuxi is great as usual. 

I've been reading comments here and there about this drama and I think people should stop comparing it to Love Between Fairy and Devil. They are two different dramas and one is not a continuation of the other even though DFQC's right hand man is the new villain in this drama. 

Spoiler

Haha!

Going back to Changkong's story, I wished the development of what's happening with the Lu Family was a bit tighter in execution. I found myself wanting more out of this story. There were some parts that were quickly glossed over that I wished they took the time to explain. 

Anyway-------Lusi and Esther made posts promoting the drama (they both were Ding Yuxi's previous costars)

Spoiler

With Esther's, she's also friends/bandmate with YCY. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm caught up with all the episodes, even the ones from today (haha!). I'm actually a little bit surprised that Changkong's story is as long as it is. To me, I remember it being just a short portion at the beginning of the novel where Xiang Zi realized that she could love Chu Kong. I don't mind the new development though. 

In regards to YCY's acting, there were some scenes where I wished her expressions were a bit more relaxed, but other than that, I think she's doing fine. I'm not blown away but I'm also not put off by her acting, if that makes sense. Ding Yuxi is great as usual. 

I've been reading comments here and there about this drama and I think people should stop comparing it to Love Between Fairy and Devil. They are two different dramas and one is not a continuation of the other even though DFQC's right hand man is the new villain in this drama. 

Reveal hidden contents

Haha!

Going back to Changkong's story, I wished the development of what's happening with the Lu Family was a bit tighter in execution. I found myself wanting more out of this story. There were some parts that were quickly glossed over that I wished they took the time to explain. 

Anyway-------Lusi and Esther made posts promoting the drama (they both were Ding Yuxi's previous costars)

Hide contents

With Esther's, she's also friends/bandmate with YCY. 

Oh you read the novel too?! I loved the novel and was excited for Ding Yuxi in his first Xianxia. But I do feel there's something missing. I've seen the 1st 6 episodes but it feels incomplete. And I love their first lifetime. I'm not super convinced at his attachment towards Xiangyun like in the 1st one but I'm trying my best to keep an open mind. 

Don't kill me but I never got around to watching LBFAD so I don't get the hype or crossover references (which are minimal) but I do agree. I hope the comparisons die down. They literally have nothing to do with each other except existing in the same universe. 

• Clapping Hands 1

YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@dramabler 

IG/FB: dramabler 

On 8/11/2023 at 7:28 PM, dramabler said:

I've seen the 1st 6 episodes but it feels incomplete.

Yes! It feels like something is missing. The new story is not bad at all, but I find the one in the novel more captivating. The feeling I had reading this lifetime in the novel, I didn't have watching it in the drama. It's like they missed the heart of this lifetime, if that makes any sense? 

Was anyone else annoyed with the 2ML like I was? Granted, it seemed like he was possessed by an evil spirit, but I was like, "can you just go away?!" Haha! 

At the end of episode 12, they are back in the heaven realm. I'm curious to see how they will settle their emotions for each other now that they are in their true forms. 

By the way, the scenes with Ding Yuxi in his armor! Once again, I am reminded of how good of an actor he is. He had so much emotions in his expressions. 👏👏

The airing schedule changed.  

008rkga-Mly1hgtyrb080kj30u04buu0x.jpg

• Like 1

Chu Kong loves her too. Ahh! It's too bad she was asleep and didn't hear what he said. 

I'm drawing a blank on the next lifetime -- this will be the one where Chu Kong doesn't drink the water to forget his memory, right? 

• Heart Eyes 1

@OsmanthusTea I was telling Tea that I went from watching Cheng Yi in pain (Lotus) to watching Ryan in pain. Why are all of these geges always in pain? LOL!

LYST-08.gif

Spoiler

LYST-09.gif

LYST-07.gif

------------------------------------

There are some moments where I wished YCY was a bit more relaxed, but otherwise, I think she's ok in here. It's an improvement from the other dramas I've seen her in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/13/2023 at 2:24 PM, Tofu said:

Yes! It feels like something is missing. The new story is not bad at all, but I find the one in the novel more captivating. The feeling I had reading this lifetime in the novel, I didn't have watching it in the drama. It's like they missed the heart of this lifetime, if that makes any sense? 

Was anyone else annoyed with the 2ML like I was? Granted, it seemed like he was possessed by an evil spirit, but I was like, "can you just go away?!" Haha! 

At the end of episode 12, they are back in the heaven realm. I'm curious to see how they will settle their emotions for each other now that they are in their true forms. 

By the way, the scenes with Ding Yuxi in his armor! Once again, I am reminded of how good of an actor he is. He had so much emotions in his expressions. 👏👏

The airing schedule changed.  

008rkga-Mly1hgtyrb080kj30u04buu0x.jpg

Agreed! It was too focused on the political palace things. Lifetime 1 in the novel is my absolute favorite too! But yeah 2ML is annoying AF. I 'm trying to patiently understand his purpose but it's running thing lol.

I don't know how many times I've cried already for DYX in this drama. His eyes are the best part and always speaks volume. I love him for this. In the snow scene my heart was beating like crazy when he took her hand and ran off. 

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Chu Kong loves her too. Ahh! It's too bad she was asleep and didn't hear what he said. 

I'm drawing a blank on the next lifetime -- this will be the one where Chu Kong doesn't drink the water to forget his memory, right? 

The fact that he realized it was all her doing and not the mortal Xiangyun had me tearing up. He was so touched by her actions. 

Yes, next lifetime is disciple and Master. 

@Tofu

In light heaven realms scenes, YCY is mostly fine but emotional scenes are a NO. She can't pull it off. She is so pretty with her unique eyes and features, she stands out among her peers look wise. She has great potential I really hope she can takes more acting lessons.

@dramabler

Give me spoiler from the book please....

• Heavenly Emperor, good or bad?
  • Prince XiuMing, good or bad?
  • Jian Lian, good or bad?

Btw, the styling for this drama is the more the merrier...:PsyWhat: YCY must need a neck massage after the wedding scene with all those wig and gigantic flowers plus massive amount of hair pins. The rest of the casts will go for deep tissue massage due to the massive amount of cloths with 100 layers of robes.....

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Tofu

In light heaven realms scenes, YCY is mostly fine but emotional scenes are a NO. She can't pull it off. She is so pretty with her unique eyes and features, she stands out among her peers look wise. She has great potential I really hope she can takes more acting lessons.

@dramabler

Give me spoiler from the book please....

• Heavenly Emperor, good or bad?
  • Prince XiuMing, good or bad?
  • Jian Lian, good or bad?

Btw, the styling for this drama is the more the merrier...:PsyWhat: YCY must need a neck massage after the wedding scene with all those wig and gigantic flowers plus massive amount of hair pins. The rest of the casts will go for deep tissue massage due to the massive amount of cloths with 100 layers of robes.....

Not to burst your bubble, but Xiuming and Jian Ling don't exist in the novel. I'm still a little irked by this addition but I'm hoping they have a greater purpose for being added in. The 30,000 backstory also doesn't exist so... things have changed a lot. As for the heavenly emperor, he's been changed so I have no idea if he's bad or good. In the novel, he's the one who punishes them and that's about it. He'll pop up here and there in the story but not as much as in the drama. 

Lol. I love the extravagant clothing on them but I can't imagine all the weight. I still wonder how they were running away in those costumes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea The 2ML was not in the novel which is why I'm kind of annoyed that the drama included him. They already go through a lot without the addition of him. :GengarPout:

Is it bad that I want to see Ding Yuxi is all of those even if it's heavy? Haha! He looks so handsome! 

I was quite surprised by all the new additions too. Everything is ok so far but the 2ML. I still can't seem to fully understand his purpose. 

HAHA. Blue is his color! 

• Like 2