Our Blooming Youth 청춘월담 [2023]

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

It's worrisome that the more Hwan pushes Section Chief Han away, the more damages he's going to do later on.

I actually feel really bad for him... He is losing a friend, and a fiancee too. He's not the purest in heart, but at this point, he is not a baddie too. Yes, he chose his family first, by checking with his father about that wooden turtle, instead of reporting it immediately to the CP, even telling a lie too. This is seen as not being loyal to the CP he is serving, esp. in those days. But I really can understand how one can hesitate in that moment for fear of one's father/family being the party in the wrong. I feel bad for him, and I think we will see him turn to the dark side, sadly... I also won't be surprised if he dies later on, to prove his loyalty to CP.

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

As for Myeong Ahn's Uncle (is he the Left or Right State Councelor ... confused?), I've a feeling that it can't be just him who orchestrated this whole thing. He's the "villain" in the light but I think there's another one hiding in the dark.

He is the Right State Councillor. I too think there's another person. My guess is... Sec.Chief Han's father.

It's refreshing to see a non-conventional FL in saguek. She didn't cater to CP's position when he was in disguise, but just let him be the person he wanted to disguise as. Take the spade and start digging, Scholar Park. :laugh: I had good laughs watching those scenes while CP was being Scholar Park. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@mademoiselle @ktcjdramaI was just thinking to myself that this is an unusual “ love triangle” . The jealousy is not over Jae Yi but over Hwan :laugh:. Chief Han feels insecure as his long time friend whom he’s been so loyal to doesn’t seem to trust him . But instead a eunuch     suddenly becomes the CP’s most trusted confidante . All hell will break loose when Chief Han finds out who JY is & realises that Hwan has fallen for JY . He’s gonna feel all sorts of betrayal. 

Having said that , I like the way the romance is being developed. I hope we get to see Hwan coming out in disguise again to work with JY and the mad couple. Their scenes were very funny 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ack, what's with the ending scene? What kind of twist is in that letter that made Hwan question Jae Yi again?!! How unnerving and we have to wait for one week to get the answer!

I should have question this from the beginning but I just find it getting odder and odder than someone like Jae Yi is actually looking forward to be married and be someone's wife - meaning she is 99.99999% losing the freedom she have now when she becomes someone's wife and daughter-in-law. The more I get to know her personality, the more I don't see her committing/obeying to tradition.

Can't believe they dragged on with Shaman's part. It never cross my mind that the couple selling gukbap is somehow related to all of this! But it seems like they may be threatened against their will.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

PHS is doing a wonderful job in this role.  I feel like I have been watching a baby grow and grow since his younger days.

feeling conflicted with the love triangle.  I kinda wish both CP and Investigator both win JY.  They both have my sympathy. I don’t think neither of them will end up with JY. I guess in the end maybe it would be best for JY go her own independent way.  She is already a strong determined woman.

Very intrigued by the plot.  Will be interesting end.

• Like 3

Eps 6 was good . A couple of things I really liked that I was hoping the show would address . I know  the ending seemed  like two steps back after what felt like great progress for the leads, but given Hwan’s suspicious state of mind , it’s not surprising that he can’t trust her 100% yet . 

Anyway the 1st thing I like in eps 6 was them giving Jae Yi a moment to mourn the loss of her family especially her father. He was a progressive man for his times & they were close - so I can see why she had the confidence to go out and investigate even if it was under disguise. I’m glad they spent sometime talking about the father since it felt like an unofficial memorial for him . Poor girl hasn’t really had time to process the grief given the things she had gone through. 

Secondly I like that JY had a moment of getting to know the man she had almost married. I don’t have SLS but like @ktcjdrama  I do feel somewhat sorry for him . At least I don’t think he’s inherently a bad person though he could turn against Hwan later on. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Zoaze Awesome! You're watching this too. 

@mademoiselle I particularly like that they released the new group poster. I am assuming it means there will be more focus on them working together as a team to solve crimes. 

This looks intense. Can't wait for the episode

Spoiler

• Like 2

The whole part of Hwan distrusting Jae Yi again feels so off for me! He's such an intelligent person and all of a sudden just basing it on a suicide note and a bracelet which could totally be staged by someone he thinks Jae Yi lied to him. I don't know, that whole part felt forced and out of place for his character and their relationship. I would rather be something else he "witness" than a note that can't even be proven to be written by Yeong.

I was screaming internally when Hwan tells Section Chief Han he will return Jae Yi to him. Noooooooo! I did another quick yelp when the enunchs said they are preparing the residence the Crown Princess will stay before marriage. WHO WILL THAT BE? Please don't marry off uri Hwan yet!

This aside, I was totally swooning at Hwan in hanbok (not in Seja's attire) when he visited Jae Yi.

TThis part where she cursed him out was funny. xD

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle In today's world, would someone like Hwan will probably be diagnosed as having some sort of PTSD?  He's trust levels are pretty low and I don't blame him since everything in that letter seems to be coming true. And what I find worse is that the father is not that concerned about him - the King was just worried about having the perfect successor so which means Hwan is disposable. This probably feeds further into his insecurities.

What episode 7 felt like for me was a filler type episode. Thankfully things picked up fast in the 2nd half and that Scholar Hwan pays Mad Scientist a visit and bumps into Jae Yi. Deep down, in spite of himself, Hwan wants to and does trust JaeYi. And yes, he misses her.

Can you imagine the day that Mad Scientist finds out who Hwan really is ? :laugh:

Spoiler

FqDXtSdaMAABeXe?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM I think all Crown Princes in Joseon would suffer some sort of paranoia i.e., if it is true that they are constantly being replaced or die from death due to politics. His trust level being low and insecurities was understandable and explored by the show already. If someone wants to test his trust on Jae Yi after he said he trusts her now, I'd much rather be something more plausible—framed and caught in the act kind which led to doubt/misunderstanding. The suicide note is just illogical for him to break his trust on her so quick. It might make more sense if it is explained as "blinded by jealousy", hahaha!

Yeah, immediately after kicking her out he's already regretting and missing her. Pfffft. Talks about being impulsive. Meanwhile I miss Scholar Park so it was nice to see him again in the end of the episode. I think he's already regret not trusting her that night, LMAO. He's still a little doubtful but definitely something just doesn't add up as he ponder more on it throughout the night.

Mad Scientist would freak when he finds out but in some weird ways, I also think he will continue to be cheeky. I like to think in the end they all become trustworthy buddies/comrades of Hwan.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Just done ep 7. There is something wrong with the flow of the story. I felt like ep 6 is quite twisting compared to the other episodes but then after I got to see ep 7, the writer did that to make the story background for ep 7.

I think some transition also came up weird. How they cut and connect to next scenes are also not smooth. I can catch some blank space before the next scenes take over. Lols. 

But I like the ending of ep 7, hahaha. The crown prince is just so handsome, I mean PHS is so handsome. Hahahaha.. 

JY's family murder will take long time to uncover some new clue that lead to the culprit. I am still upset that they still couldnt realize that there is a spy among them. The palace lady that secretly giving messages must have got some help from the palace insider. They just show us the guard wardrobe like the CP's guard. Is it really him?? I wish it's not him. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Not even sure the polo sport scene was really needed.

Just needed for us to oggle at PHS :laugh:

As I was watching this late last night, it seems to be that the love triangle has actually begun. In Hwan's case, it is clear that he has become quite fond of her. In Chief Han's case, he is subconsciously drawn to her even though he doesn't know she's female and that she is JaeYi. If not how else would he be able to notice she was very focused on Hwan despite saying she supported his team. :D

Though I think the plot does need to tighten abit as they seem to be going in circles with regards to the cursed letter , at least I think Hwan was enlightened with regards to how whatever that befell JaeYi and her family is completely linked to him . The viper that killed the shaman was also the same source of poison that injured Hwan's arm/ shoulder a year ago , as well killed the messenger that had sent gifts to JY's family. Along with the peony petal incense that was found in JY's family home, it clear that the person(s) behind the letter and JY's family tragedy are one and the same. The only thing I cannot figure out is why did they have to kill JY's family and blame it on JY. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just needed for us to oggle at PHS :laugh:

As I was watching this late last night, it seems to be that the love triangle has actually begun. In Hwan's case, it is clear that he has become quite fond of her. In Chief Han's case, he is subconsciously drawn to her even though he doesn't know she's female and that she is JaeYi. If not how else would he be able to notice she was very focused on Hwan despite saying she supported his team. :D

Though I think the plot does need to tighten abit as they seem to be going in circles with regards to the cursed letter , at least I think Hwan was enlightened with regards to how whatever that befell JaeYi and her family is completely linked to him . The viper that killed the shaman was also the same source of poison that injured Hwan's arm/ shoulder a year ago , as well killed the messenger that had sent gifts to JY's family. Along with the peony petal incense that was found in JY's family home, it clear that the person(s) behind the letter and JY's family tragedy are one and the same. The only thing I cannot figure out is why did they have to kill JY's family and blame it on JY. 

I forgot I meant to ask... who is from Song family?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 8 - some progress finally? LOL

Not even sure the polo sport scene was really needed.

@Alice Wonderland The black/blank scene is just bad video editing from the encoder. The blank = commercial breaks.

Ahahaha... I see. 

That polo sport, that was needed for Han investigator and MJY to realize that she cares a lot for the CP. And the other ministers to direct the palce attention for manipulating the shaman. But here during the game scene it feels like the investigator also falls for the eunuch seon dol?? Eeehh, seems weird that he tried to get his side. I'm rooting for handsome crown prince all the way if they really goes with the cheap romance plot. 😄

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/28/2023 at 4:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

The whole part of Hwan distrusting Jae Yi again feels so off for me! He's such an intelligent person and all of a sudden just basing it on a suicide note and a bracelet which could totally be staged by someone he thinks Jae Yi lied to him.

And it took so much time from the episode. I thought the first half of ep.7 was hard to watch. I kept furrowing my brow.

Love the second half of ep.8. I just love seeing a FL, especially in Joseon era, who is smart and feisty. She is not just brain smart but also physically agile and trained to chase the masked man. I enjoyed watching the chase at the end by both Jae Yi and Ga Ram, with some funny scenes of Myung Jin.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Do you guys have any idea who the real villain may be? The pacing of the drama is not great but this mysterious villain is still very well concealed. I still can't wrap my head around who is behind all of this plotting.

Take today's episode for example. The King was furious and directed his anger at Right State Councillor & et al. because they were the ones who handled the bandit 10 years ago. That made the Left State Councillor & et al. look suspicious since why would Left State Councillor plotted this and made himself potentially the suspect of not getting his job done.

I can hardly tell if Left State Councillor is indeed free from suspicion. It honestly is too coincidental that he possessed three of the key ingredients to the burning plum tree. Hwan said they used beeswax and sulphur to prepare for the wedding, but isn't that ages ago now? 

Don't tell me at the end of the day, it's actually both sides of these Ministers plotting against each other and the Royal family is just their puppets, and that the main purpose wasn't to dethrone the Yi but to instill fear and control them as to weakening the opposing faction's power via manipulating the King/Crown Prince. Ha.

Anyway, I need more Scholar Park's scenes. Every time Park Hyung Sik is in Joseon hanbok, I swoon. Hehehe. I like how Hwan stood up for Section Chief Han. He was so touched that he had tears in his eyes. Maybe we don't need to worry he'll betray Hwan and they'll work together to solve this case later on, like the poster.

The other reason I love Scholar Park's scenes is also because when he is Scholar Park, Jae Yi gets to speak her mind and indirectly be honest to his face and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Heh. So cute.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys have any idea who the real villain may be? The pacing of the drama is not great but this mysterious villain is still very well concealed. I still can't wrap my head around who is behind all of this plotting.

Pacing is way too slow...the romance is no where to be seen. What's keeping me here is the scenes where they go out on disguise. Poor Mad Scientist will be traumatised when he finds out no one is who they claim they are -   his dearest student, Eunuch Go and Scholar Hwan :laugh:

I still think Chief Han's father is the most suspicious. The preparation for the wedding thing is still a cover. However I think Chief Han is unaware of his father's plans. I really like the final scene of CP and Han trusting each other again. CP already has too many enemies, and his father is not quite on his side. He needs more people he can trust. Someone with a bit more clout like Han. 

• Haha 2