Our Blooming Youth 청춘월담 [2023]

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm not even asking all those questions! It's Park Hyung Sik. Watch first, question later (for me) :lmao2:

Yea, I saw his name and his handsome face in that prince/king robe. Will check on this. I like his Jondaemal, he sounds better than his old saeguk long long ago. Also, I'm tired of saeguk fusion like what we've got currently.

• Haha 3

Am excited but I do need to manage my expectations with this writer. From the I Need Romance series & Discovery of Romance, Lovestruck in the City...sometimes she will make you frustrated with the FL . :hug: But she also did write Romance is  Bonus Book which a lot of people like. We'll see.

I do love how confident Jeon So Nee is here ...completely holding her own against PHS considering she hasn't starred in many dramas. 

Character chart credit to this twitter handle

Spoiler

Fn4MrLLaIAASAKT?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

From the I Need Romance series & Discovery of Romance, Lovestruck in the City...sometimes she will make you frustrated with the FL . :hug: But she also did write Romance is  Bonus Book which a lot of people like.

Eeh, that writer?? I dont watch all of them cuz none of them are interesting enough to keep me watching. 

And I never watch this female actress as well so I didn't know how is she going to be in this one. The only motivating factor for me here is PHS. He's solely enough to make me at least give a try for several episodes. Hopefully it will will surprise us with interesting storyline and all. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@abs-oluteM Didn't like I Need Romance (only watched Sung Joon version). Couldn't get into Discovery of Romance. Lovestruck in the City - I only watch JCW and KJW's parts and liked that but skipped all others. But I absolutely loved Romance in A Bonus Book.

@Alice Wonderland Well missy, I hope you can watch till the end with me because I don't think we have watched a drama together to the end! You and Tea always drop dramas. Oh, and @Tofu too. Sigh... either that or you 3 develop SLS instead! Sigh sigh sigh. LOL.

@Tofu I can't believe it's finally around the corner. Can't wait. I wanna see Oppa on screen!

5 Minutes Preview Trailer

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

D-day!!! So looking forward to this @mademoiselle @Alice Wonderland @Tofu @Lynne

NISI20230206_0001190068_web.jpg?rnd=2023

@ktcjdrama @stroppyse  You remember the FL? She was Lee Bo Young's younger counterpart in When My Love Blooms. Will you guys be checking this one out?

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

It's available on Viki for me, but I was hoping it would be on Amazon Prime. It's easier for me to watch on Prime because I have a subscription. It's only available on Prime for Singaporean watchers. :cry:

Has anyone watch the first episode yet? 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Has anyone watch the first episode yet? 

Here, I have. 

First episode started with fast paced with our handsome crown prince having a nightmare. The curse that they talk about is actually his PTSD after the past accident of his right arm injured. I like the female lead. She's on the run because she got framed as being the murder of her whole family. She can fight and able to protect herself very well. We got a strong and brilliant female character here, yay!

Our prince is kinda powerless for now since many calamities happens around him and he was surrounded by too many enemies.

I am glad we finally get a good saeguk now. The best villain minister you ever meet are gathered here, the veteran actors when it comes to be evil and cunning. I love their acting. Strong and clever female lead. Good story line so far. And the crown prince maybe appears powerless at the moment but I'm glad he didnt act stupid and still handled his crisis calmly. I love they way he raises his voices and says his lines here. Hyungsik looks majestic! 😍🥰🤩 I hope that the story will continue to be better and develop steadily.

So guys come watch it soon, I'm waiting for episode 2. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu @Alice Wonderland I caught first episode too and definitely priority watching for me given the story & pace of the premiere. All round great visuals and more than that , I find myself drawn to the characters and the respective tragedies that have befallen them.

I love Jae Yi from the start ...I think the moment she got up and fought for her life, I knew I would be rooting for her. From childhood flashbacks and narration we know she's always been clever and "street smart". And since her father is the CP's master ( I am assuming must me tutor/ mentor) , she's clearly had a well rounded education. I think what impressed me was the survival instincts that she had. I also felt very moved in the scenes between her and her maidservant played by Pyo Ye Jin. There's a great bond between them that transcends their social statuses.

What did take me by surprise was that Jae Yi was betrothed to Lord Han's son Han Sung On. HSO is the CP's childhood buddy , and their engagement was something approved of by the King and the CP. Jae Yi was on the run because she was accused of murdering her entire family on the day of her wedding.  Her father in his dying breath had asked her to protect the CP at all cost ( JY , Crown Prince & HSO all know each other from young) , and so now JY is trying to make her way to meet him disguised as a palace bodyguard. What I am curious about is the letter that the CP had sent to her along with the wedding gifts. Whatever it is , JY sees that as a link to what may have happened to her family and is trying to find the truth plus prove her innocence. 

The CP himself has plenty of things going on too. Rumors are rife that he had poisoned the previous CP to have the seat himself. And a year ago, a hunting accident had caused his right arm to be injured and  that's causing some physical problems. He is also psychologically disturbed by a mysterious letter sent to him that seems to curse him, and predicts a series of misfortunes that will befall him.  His opponents in the palace are using his "crippled arm" as a reason to remove him as CP. So the King had asked CP to use the hunting event to prove to the ministers that he was fine. Regardless, I cannot decide if the King is on the CP's side as he seem unperturbed when asked of the possibility of the CP being proven unfit for the job. He just simply answered that there's nothing to worry about since there's another young prince. 

I look forward to eps 2!

• Like 4

Another good episode! The story is so engaging! I really want to know how JY could prove the ghost letter to be someone's else trick to threat the CP. I love how she proves the stupid shaman trick! Her ability is too good to be wasted. He will recruit her under his wing for sure. 

The climax of ep 2 is just fascinating! I love all the remarks she gave him. Ah, I want ep 3 asap! It will be a long waiting since I have less dramas to watch now. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 2/6/2023 at 2:42 AM, abs-oluteM said:

You remember the FL? She was Lee Bo Young's younger counterpart in When My Love Blooms. Will you guys be checking this one out?

I don't remember her as being annoying. :lmao2: I will have to check this one out for PHS. I gave his last drama 'Soundtrack' a miss, despite loving and rewatching 'Happiness' a number of times. I think his chemistry with his FL really matters.

So, how is it so far?

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

gave his last drama 'Soundtrack' a miss, despite loving and rewatching 'Happiness' a number of times. I think his chemistry with his FL really matters.

Haha, same here. I do like him but when it comes to his female lead, it really matters for me too. No hate to HSH tho, but I found him with HHJ better in chemistry and all. 

And good news here the female lead is clever and it seems they're too could be good partner later on. Not sure about their chemistry yet since it's still few moments they're together. But so far their interactions are already interesting.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Good, solid start for the drama. The pace is fast in the narration and introduction to all of our young main casts. Agree @Tofu I definitely don't expect anyone developing SLS in this drama. I mean, how could there be when we have such a beautiful Crown Prince Hwan?!! The second male lead is not good looking or charming in my eyes. If anyone wants to fall for a male character other than Crown Prince, then I'd say Prime Minister's youngest son (the Mad Scientist in the make) or Hwan's bodyguard are the strongest contenders. I think Mad Scientist have some light and fun scenes with Jae Yi's servant (played by Pyo Yo Jin).

Anyway, I'm surprised Jae Yi is bethrothed too. The loveline is bound for hardship from the get-go — her being a prime suspect, bethrothed and being Crown Prince, Hwan would also already be married to a Crown Princess! Even if she manages to prove her innocence in the end, she'd only be qualified as a concubine with no backing since her whole family is dead!

I like that Jae Yi is a strong and smart heroine who plays a vital role that will assist the Crown Prince against his enemies. The enemies, other than Right State Councilor's agenda being the clearest and is clearly a villain, it's hard to tell who else meant harm to the Crown Prince too, including the King.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Mad Scientist have some light and fun scenes with Jae Yi's servant (played by Pyo Yo Jin).

He's already providing the comedy.  :laugh:Despite him professing his love for JY , I too think the love line ( or at least hints of it ) will be with PYJ's character.

I liked that in the  interactions between JY and Hwan at the end ,  JY continued to fight for her survival. Hwan had given her a way out but she knows that the only she's going to live and find out the truth is to be next to him.  It's her tenacity that wins me over. It is no wonder that her father had wanted to send her to help Hwan investigate. I liked that she uses science to explain the dripping blood. With her knowledge and intelligence, Hwan is going to be able to stand up to his doubters. Mad scientist & the maidservant will also be roped in to help. 

Right now , apart from JY there is no one that the Crown Prince can trust. Even his childhood buddy HSO - not sure if it is because of the looks, but I feel like any moment he may just turn on Hwan. But we'll see. Perhaps I am influenced by Hwan's own doubts. Clearly that letter from the ghost has made Hwan suspicious of everyone. 

@stroppyse so far so good as far as premieres are concerned. The plot has been fast & exciting.

• Like 4