Doona! 이두나! [2023]

• 2 months later...

Preview

Suzy and Yang Se Jong’s upcoming romance drama “Doona!” is gearing up for its premiere!

Based on the webtoon “The Girl Downstairs,” “Doona!” is a romance drama about ordinary university student Won Jun (Yang Se Jong) and retired K-pop idol Doona (Suzy) who meet at a share house.

Suzy takes on the role of Doona, who used to be the main vocalist of a popular idol group, but suddenly announces her retirement and stays in a share house near a university. Yang Se Jong is the male lead, Won Jun, a college student who is extremely ordinary but a warm-hearted guy.

On September 21, Netflix dropped new posters and a teaser previewing the romance between Doona and Won Jun. The poster depicts romantic lines said and exchanged between the two characters that tease their relationship. Doona’s poster reads, “But don’t fall for me either,” while Won Jun’s poster reads, “I don’t want to feel butterflies over something meaningless.” Finally, the poster of the two of them together reads, “What will you do if I actually end up falling for you?”

The preview teaser depicts Doona basking in the morning sunlight and Won Jun unable to take his eyes off her, signalling the start of their heart-fluttering romance at a share house. Doona suggests, “Won Jun, let’s be friends,” and Won Jun wonders, “What goes on in that mind of yours? I’m dying to know.”

Won Jun freezes up as Doona remarks, “You’re so adorable.” The teaser then shows Won Jun and Doona heading toward a dimly lit tunnel, where the two lean in close for a kiss. In the background, Doona’s voice says, “I’m telling you this just in case, but don’t fall for me either.”

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Suzy And Yang Se Jong Get Entangled With Each Other In Upcoming Romance Drama “Doona!” ~ NEW stills
F61-Ez-M1bg-AAqp0s.jpg

Spoiler

F61-E4-Cvb-YAAo55-V.jpg
F61-E6e-Obc-AA0-Ppr.jpg
F61-FATTa-QAAv-Hh.jpg
F61-FAUbb-UAA1-Je-K.jpg
F61-FAVNa0-AAk-Bk5.jpg

Suzy and Yang Se Jong’s upcoming romance drama “Doona!” has dropped new stills!

Based on the webtoon “The Girl Downstairs,” “Doona!” is a romance drama about ordinary university student Won Jun (Yang Se Jong) and retired K-pop idol Doona (Suzy) who meet at a share house.

The newly released stills feature Suzy, who perfectly transforms into the charming Lee Doona, who used to be the main vocalist of a popular idol group but suddenly announced her retirement and stays in a share house near a university.

Suzy introduced her character, saying, “Doona is honest and outspoken, but she also has a wounded [heart] and loneliness, so she feels like a cat with sharp claws, but in reality, she is like a ‘dog-like cat’ who likes people.”

More stills below capture Yang Se Jong who plays the male lead Won Jun, a college student who is extremely ordinary but warm-hearted. Won Jun decides to live alone due to the long commute to school and encounters former idol Doona for the first time at the share house entrance. Won Jun, who has no interest in idols, just thinks of Doona as someone he has seen before somewhere.

F61-E2-Gqaw-AAWl-G6.jpg

While Won Jun looks weirdly at Doona, who keeps on speaking informally and expresses her annoyance to him, Won Jun cannot get Doona out of his mind for an unknown reason.

Yang Se Jong remarked, “I felt excited and imagined, ‘What would it be like if this really happens in reality?’ while I was reading the original webtoon,” raising viewers’ anticipation for the drama.

“Doona!” is set to premiere on October 20.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Whenever I see these kiss scenes I'm just going to think about the conversation @mademoiselle and I had about the kiss scenes in KTL. :laugh:

But honestly, @mademoiselle's oppas' kiss scenes are getting spicier. You must be happy. :GengarCool:

I saw the cut, but so far no feels for it (yet). It's also just kissing, and lots, but nothing else. I think my expectation has been raised. DWY raised the bar for all OTPs! 😅

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @Chocolate I think this one better, no?

Hide contents

When I saw this scene, I immediately knew Sejong is no innocent Oppa. Hahaha! The bit I did not like is the insertion of KJW in there while they have their happy time. :duckpout:

He does kiss very well. Looks great on screen.

Only think is, his fringe down makes him look so young! I'd prefer to watch him when he is older.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

He does kiss very well. Looks great on screen.

Only think is, his fringe down makes him look so young! I'd prefer to watch him when he is older.

Watch him in Duel. You get fringe down, fringe up and curtain fringe all in one, and great acting - no romance.

F9Bt7xYaIAAmjLt?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1