Doona! 이두나! [2023]

Has anyone started this? What do you think?

I started ep.1... I kinda like the vibes, and applaud Suzy for taking on this role which is not the usual good-goody roles she's taken in the past. Very hard to get used to seeing her smoking though... 

YSJ looking great as college student. I have missed him. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I started ep.1... I kinda like the vibes, and applaud Suzy for taking on this role which is not the usual good-goody roles she's taken in the past. Very hard to get used to seeing her smoking though... 

I'm watching, slowly. Have you seen Suzy in Anna? She's branched out of playing goody roles since Anna.

I'm trying to get used to YSJ calling Suzy Noona in there. I think it stemmed from Suzy has debuted very young and knowing how old Sejong is (and he's more mature looking too).

I'm not sure I like the drama yet. At the moment, there is nothing too special about it thus far. The acting is all ok and nothing too woah yet.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Me !!!! I like it . I wasn’t sure if I had time but my mum was watching in the living room & so I watched as well . 

Won Jun is such a sweetheart & it really feels like Donna might eat him alive.  🤣🤣. My mum is very bothered that she chain smokes so much but I told her don’t be surprised most of these idols do. I think I was more bothered that Won Jun did  not tell her off initially, but I think he’s just such a good guy . Can see why she’d be drawn to him 

@mademoiselle nice to see Suzy take on characters with more layers . 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: Love Next Door  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The First Shot

@abs-oluteM Are you all done with the episodes? Yep, it's good to see her exploring other roles and not remain a good-looking eye-candy. I love it when actors/actresses seek to improve. But it disturbs me how skinny she is in the drama and right now (per the press con)!

Agree, Won Jun is a nice person. Too good temper, to be honest. Often I think if I were him, I'd have lost it at Doona already. I find Won Jun more interesting when he had more reactions to his childhood friend. Hahaha!

I don't actually remember which episode I am on. I just let Netflix run last night. Maybe episode 4 or 5. It's up to the episode where his crazy friend begs him to let her stay with him because she got kicked out.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle I finished two episodes. Aiya , that Jinju girl that he likes, I thought it was a one way crush but she gave him abit of hope. . I hope she’s not playing with his heart . 

wahhh so many cameos. . Go Ah Sung as fellow band member. Lee Jin Wook as her manager. Was he the one who left the birthday present ? 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  The Judge From Hell  Sat-Sun: Love Next Door  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The First Shot

@abs-oluteM Jin Ju likes Won Jun back too, but she has a horrible father, so I think that's why back then things didn't work out between them when they actually liked each other. Won Jun didn't know about her family issue.

It seems to be a norm that we would get surprise cameos (unpublished) in Netflix. Much like I was unaware Rowoon did a cameo in A Time Called You until it was quite close to premiere and get a surprise at the role he played! 😆

Yup, Lee Jin Wook plays her manager (and also her saviour, something like that) and her crush. Yes, he was the one who left her the birthday present. If you got to this part, is it still episode 2?

• Insightful 2

Park SeWan cameo is a riot ! It’s hilarious that they are all in the same shared house . And who knew Won Jun would have so many love lines ! 😂😂

But wahh did not expect Jin Ju & Doona to “fight “ for WJ , and now Brazil girl also is swayed by his body ! 👏🏻👏🏻

But I do have some sympathy for Doona. There’s this loneliness in her that a non-celebrity won’t understand. I feel bad that she’s been cold storaged by her manager & agency.  I also feel for Jin Ju - what a nut of a father she has . TBH , I actually somewhat shipped her a bit more with WJ. But the ship has sailed , sadly 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

But wahh did not expect Jin Ju & Doona to “fight “ for WJ , and now Brazil girl also is swayed by his body !

No, no... it's not WJ's body.... haha... 

I'm at ep.7 already. Yes, quite an easy watch, but same as your mom, I'm quite bothered by her heavy smoking... 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But it disturbs me how skinny she is in the drama and right now (per the press con)!

Yeah!! I also think she's way too skinny... I like her face when it's chubbier a bit.

I haven't watched Anna, coz there's no oppa, hahaaa.... tbh, I started watching Doona more for YSJ, not Suzy :MewGiggle:

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm trying to get used to YSJ calling Suzy Noona in there.

I'm okay with this because he looks so young here! You can only tell when his hands are shown...

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

find Won Jun more interesting when he had more reactions to his childhood friend. Hahaha!

This part is so funny. His childhood friend is a riot... always demanding him to call her noona just because of the 1 day difference in birth year :laugh:

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I’m also at eps 7 …second pairing so cute . Brazilian girl has new target now but they make a good pair. 

I am not 100% behind this relationship between Doona & WJ even though it should be expected given that they are the leads. Doona’s got a lot baggage that needs sorting & I don’t want her to mess up WJ’s future. Is it love ? Not how I see it. He fills a void within her and as much as she wants the ordinary life , I don’t think she can. I can also understand his attraction to her but it’s gonna be tough dating someone like her who just does what she wants . 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am not 100% behind this relationship between Doona & WJ even though it should be expected given that they are the leads. Doona’s got a lot baggage that needs sorting & I don’t want her to mess up WJ’s future. Is it love ? Not how I see it. He fills a void within her and as much as she wants the ordinary life , I don’t think she can. I can also understand his attraction to her but it’s gonna be tough dating someone like her who just does what she wants . 

I looked at the short episode intro for 8 and 9... I think she does get back into the limelight again, and it seems that they will manage the relationship somehow? I feel that her character has shown growth being with WJ.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I kind of expected the ending . Tell you guys what was funny , my mom was so against the pairing ( she felt Doona was bad influence on WJ) that she was very happy it ended the way it did 🤣🤣. I had a bit more sympathy for them cause I felt sorry for Doona , and WJ was that one person who cared for her at her lowest. 

I thought Suzy did a pretty good job playing Doona. She projected this sense of loneliness & inner turmoil every time she tried to play it cool , pretending she was ok. But I wish she didn’t lose so much weight. This is the skinniest I have seen her . 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

my mom was so against the pairing ( she felt Doona was bad influence on WJ) that she was very happy it ended the way it did 🤣🤣

Yeah, we don't have to tell her that they're still dating secretly...

Enjoyed the drama, but not something I would rewatch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh dear, that's not really good. I feel that Netflix hasn't produced engaging dramas this year, at least not yet. I'm waiting for Sweet Home 2.

I agree with you.  In fact there were more quality dramas produced by Disney Plus that I enjoyed ( comparing streaming sites that produce their own content) 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

I agree with you.  In fact there were more quality dramas produced by Disney Plus that I enjoyed ( comparing streaming sites that produce their own content) 

Hahaha, that reminded me how Disney+ wanted to pull out from investing into K-content because it didn't do well. Then all of a sudden, Moving was doing soooo well! Bet they change their mind now. I am now looking forward to Vigilante (more so than The Worst of Evil). Bahaha!

• Haha 2

I finished episode 6.

Got to the kissing scene @Chocolate shared previously. Yup, still no feel. In fact, I wanted to direct them, and tell them what I want to see them do to make it more smexy and appealing (or scream-worthy) for the viewers. It is a Netflix series, after all.

Spoiler

I approve when Sejong kisses her shoulder, but I thought it was weird to go from kiss→taking off Sejong's clothes→hugging→kiss again. There was too much pausing in between. I couldn't feel passion from the characters' emotions and that urgency you feel when these things happen.

I thought it would have been sexier if Sejong were to kiss Suzy's neck too, especially since she's wearing a singlet. This is so PG-15. Hahaha!

I think the most important part is still the presentation of their feelings and that longing for one another isn't strong or not well convey to the viewers (or just me).

I think episode 5-6 were also quite bland in terms of story-telling. I was getting bored. Were you guys swooning at Lee Jin Wook when he appears at the end, smoking hot (literally)? I'm only asking because this was the scene that made many people on Weibo complain about Sejong's look vs Jin Wook's. They wanted more scenes between Suzy and Jin Wook.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle it’s a nice watch but it’s not a must watch show if you ask me. Fortunately they didn’t drag the plot, nine episodes is just right . 

@mademoiselle Agreeing with @abs-oluteM above. Nice watch, but not a must watch. It's not everyone's cup of tea too. I probably won't go on raving about it. Only will share my opinion when people asked. There are some things I like about the whole drama. Kinda old school feeling and you can feel the manga vibes with some of the scenes.

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Were you guys swooning at Lee Jin Wook when he appears at the end, smoking hot (literally)?

I was (pleasantly) surprised to see him!! Sadly only minor supporting role. I went into this drama totally not knowing much. I only know that ML is YSJ. And well, one really cannot compare a WJ (student, engineering nerd too) with this more mature P guy, LOL.... 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif