Whale Couple 🐳❤️🐋 TaeBin (Kang Tae Oh x Park Eun Bin ) & WooHo (Woo Young Woo x Lee Jun Ho)

JenL

Hello! I came across this page when searching for news about these two actors on Google. Allow me to spend some time here gushing about KTO and his chemistry with PEB. The best Korean drama I've seen so far, in my opinion, was EAW. The plot, performance, and supporting cast, but the most crucial element was the satisfying ending. Most of K-drama had the lousiest ending where the mid part of the drama/ acting getting out of line. Thank God it did not happen in EAW.

What l like the most with EAW is it discover Kang Tae Oh (KTO) in K-dramaland. He always been great in carry out his characters; watch him from Tale of Nokdu, Run-On and Doom, unfortunately not really help him to be the lead. His solid acting in EAW has captured many hearts, including mine. I watched PEB in a few of her dramas, Stove League, Hello My Twenties, and TKA. From these dramas, I conclude she doesn’t need the male lead to excel, especially TKA; she has better chemistry with another supporting actress than ML.

EAW, on the other hand, has introduced PEB to her "male lead," who can balance her acting and create such massive chemistry that I want them to act in another drama. KTO and PEB are also physically comparable! What I like best about them is that they didn't even pretend to be in love behind the scenes, with less interaction, skin ship, and no post-drama photoshoot. What a fantastic actor!

Even though I'm not a big shipper, I like how this situation makes everyone crave their content. I can see a lot of edits and videos made by their fans. I'll keep lurking here and reading everyone's thoughts on these two. It's interesting to see how everyone interprets one act for which I had never given much thought before.

Edited by innrukia
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
5 hours ago, innrukia said:

Hello! I came across this page when searching for news about these two actors on Google. Allow me to spend some time here gushing about KTO and his chemistry with PEB. The best Korean drama I've seen so far, in my opinion, was EAW. The plot, performance, and supporting cast, but the most crucial element was the satisfying ending. Most of K-drama had the lousiest ending where the mid part of the drama/ acting getting out of line. Thank God it did not happen in EAW.

Hello @innrukia Welcome to the thread! So lovely of you to join us! :Party01: :BulbaOWO:

Yes please spend all the time you'd like gushing about PEB and KTO and I totally agree that EAW has been one of the best dramas I've seen. Definitely my favourite drama for this year. I'm also glad they didn't tank the ending...I think episode 13 was not great, but the pacing picked up again after that and the last episode was really good - You're totally right about Kdrama endings - When I first started watching Kdramas years ago I use to be sooo frustrated at drama endings because so many ended so badly with unneeded time jumps, main characters disappearing, makjang events like car crashes or memory loss in the last episode etc etc. It still happens from time to time, but the good dramas know how to fix things before the end - I'm sooo glad EAW is a good drama that gave us a happy ending! :yayaya:

What l like the most with EAW is it discover Kang Tae Oh (KTO) in K-dramaland. He always been great in carry out his characters; watch him from Tale of Nokdu, Run-On and Doom, unfortunately not really help him to be the lead. His solid acting in EAW has captured many hearts, including mine. I watched PEB in a few of her dramas, Stove League, Hello My Twenties, and TKA. From these dramas, I conclude she doesn’t need the male lead to excel, especially TKA; she has better chemistry with another supporting actress than ML.

So true! It's been such a long time coming for Kang Tae Oh :hearties:  - I've been watching him since My First First Love and he's played so many different roles and done well in them, but never made it to first lead before (for a long-ish drama). I'm so glad they picked him for this role as it gave him the chance to shine and show how nuanced his acting was. Some people say his role wasn't hard, but I think it's actually pretty difficult to give life to a character that is meant to be 'well-liked', especially when they don't have a big back story but are meant to support the main character. :heart: As for PEB, she has always talented for sure! She's been one of my favourites since the first time I saw her in a drama many years ago. I think she's so talented at understanding all her characters and the struggles they face and she chooses great projects with very different characters! 

EAW, on the other hand, has introduced PEB to her "male lead," who can balance her acting and create such massive chemistry that I want them to act in another drama. KTO and PEB are also physically comparable! What I like best about them is that they didn't even pretend to be in love behind the scenes, with less interaction, skin ship, and no post-drama photoshoot. What a fantastic actor!

Even though I'm not a big shipper, I like how this situation makes everyone crave their content. I can see a lot of edits and videos made by their fans. I'll keep lurking here and reading everyone's thoughts on these two. It's interesting to see how everyone interprets one act for which I had never given much thought before.

Their chemistry was so good between them :heart::heart::heart: 

I really hope they do act in another drama because it would be fantastic to see them take on different roles and perhaps they would be able to act more comfortably promoting a drama if it was a rom-com or something like that. But I agree, there was something very natural about the way the 2 of them acted around each other, not an act for cameras or publicity. :heiboi:

Hahaha, I don't think people consider me a big shipper in the conventional sense either, since for me, it's less important about whether they're actually together or not, as it is to see them play around and have fun and a good genuine friendship. But I guess  'Shipping' can include all types of love for the 2 actors and so this is what the thread is for :heart:, Whether you want to search for clues that PEB & KTO have some stronger feelings for each other, or whether you just like the characters in EAW and appreciate 2 actors who are good at their on-screen chemistry...all are welcome :Party02:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 9/15/2022 at 7:48 PM, Kismet_06200904 said:

BTW: Weibo @taebin (#peb_kto#) fans were comparing their sandals in these photos :)

https://wx2.sinaimg.cn/large/006M47DXgy1h66i1w6dqqj30u00u00w8.jpg

https://wx1.sinaimg.cn/large/006M47DXgy1h66i1y89t3j31jl0v91d7.jpg

https://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/006M47DXgy1h66i3ojomsj30rs13i7bq.jpg

"Darn it doesn't allow me to insert image from URL. . . "

On 9/16/2022 at 3:06 PM, Kismet_06200904 said:

@JenL no idea why Weibo links don't work here. So I just screenshot with the owners I saw in weibo. Not sure if this is okay. Do let me know. Else, I will delete these tweets . . . 

Yep, totally happy for you to share all things PEB, KTO, Woo Young Woo, Jun Ho and EAW here - twitter links are great because it's easy

Also, so sorry - I should have explained that you have to host your images on an image hosting site (I use imgur: https://imgur.com/) and then copy the link to post on a forum and then remove the start and end brackets that say img so the picture shows. It took me awhile to figure it out when I first joinned forums! :yayaya:

But you can also drop weibo links like you have - if anyone wants to see those links, they don't be able to click into it, they'll just have to copy and paste it into the address bar in a new window to see the picture on weibo. That's how I've been seeing your pictures all this time  :MewHi:

On 9/16/2022 at 11:29 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks @JenL for all the hard work. Subbing etc is not easy feat. 

Aw, thanks! Hahaha, I've been subbing, photoshopping and podcasting - working so hard for Taebin :laugh: I will drop my first little project tonight (not a sub but something fun)

On 9/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, taebinfan said:

yes please get help from @abs-oluteM, couldnt see any pics you attached; links are not accessible!

it would be nice to have the filming schedule of the drama, so can keep track of the development of their friendship! 

this is so beautiful!

from the other pics, thought they were not close sitting together,  but they were actually very close! :heart: and PEB followed KTO doing the wyw movement!  

Thanks for sharing all these @taebinfan! I didn't realise that artist had drawn a new picture - it's very pretty!!! :wow:

And I also never noticed PEB copied KTO. That's so cute :hearties:

On 9/16/2022 at 3:06 PM, Kismet_06200904 said:

hahaha darn I even created a twitter account.

Let me see if this works here.

cc @JenL hahaha I can't move on from this ship.. . . so invested. . . 

Hahahaha, I also created my twitter account just for dramas...but it's kind of nice since Twitter seems to be the fastest source for news, I find!  :popcorn:  I'm glad you're invested too! I definitely am as well so at least we have each other to share news wiith!

On 9/16/2022 at 5:09 PM, taebinfan said:

@Kismet_06200904thanks for the pics! looking at the angle of PEB's head and KTO's shoulder, KTO definitely held PEB tightly in his arms! :wow:

and looking at the atmosphere, i believe that either astory or ena was holding back in releasing any of their pics taken together!

I definitely feel like a lot of photos were held back by Astory and ENA, as well as BTS footage! Give me everything now :lol:

• Heart Eyes 1

So I'm still subbing because that takes me awhile, but I thought I would giive you guys present Number #1...Taebin Photoshoot

We never got a photoshoot and who knows if we ever will :idk: So I made my own :laugh: I'm sure everyone has played the matchy matchy game with PEB & KTO's photos, but I don't think I've seen them compiled all together anywhere, so I thought I'd do it here...I have like 50 photos so sorry it's it's a bit hevy on your computers! I'll try to post them in batches...I even gave themes/ names for photoshoots :laugh: i find the photos match well if 2 or more elements are matching (eg. direction they're looking, backgrounds, same clothes, same colours). 

You're all free to save them and use them. If possible to credit, please credit: These Dramatic Days (which is the name of all the things I do relating to my dramas - Youtube subbing, podcast, blog etc etc)

:hearties: Welcome to my Dream Taebin Photoshoot: Part 1 :hearties:

Pretty in Pastel

hGLYxrB.png

KwppFcm.png

95JYTUI.png

3jraKvp.png

m6DE0Rs.png

deGkhmw.jpg

jV2aV2H.png

4DtBdY0.png

Scent of Spring

n0ZAoJ3.png

WMqS4ps.png

wXQxamS.png

6HVqBIs.png

t3nRHpQ.png

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Tasty 1

I'm glad I'm able to join the party. I don't know how much work you have done to come out with these lovely matching photos. It's truly a treasure, especially to Taebin fans.:laugh:

Yes, I saw a few comments criticizing the role, claiming that Lee Junho was an easy character to play. I wasn't sure if the comments were genuine or the result of inconsiderate fans. It is not an easy role to play. Lee Junho, as you mentioned, had no backstory and very little dialogue, and his role was to support WYW. When an actor overacts, the role becomes annoying or weak. KTO did the character justice and brought him to life. It just makes the character seem nice. If the plot doesn't make sense or some actors just act with their "pretty face," I simply fast forward (TKA) or drop the drama (Doom). But it was not the same for EAW, I even watched it for 2 times already:lenny:

To avoid sensitivity, I put my next comment in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Other comments included KTO milking EAW's popularity compared to PEB. According to these commenters, PEB gave a very brief interview about EAW, avoiding the romance aspect. I read your previous comments, which made sense; EAW and WYW are both very sensitive subjects, which is why PEB avoided discussing romance in her interview. Lee Junho, on the other hand, was not. There was nothing wrong with him conducting the interview and discussing the scene or the WYW romance.

I believe KTO deserved EAW success just as much as PEB. And his ten years of acting experience have prepared him to be a great actor now and in the future. I'm overjoyed to see KTO gain such popularity and hope to see him in a more diverse role with PEB. K-drama, as we all know, always favours idols, and most of them are simply offered lead roles despite their lack of acting ability.

Edited by innrukia
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, innrukia said:

Welcome! I'm relatively new here but already found it a fantastic home base for all things KTO and PEB related ❤️🔥

I'm on the same boat with you about KTO. It's bittersweet that I just now discovered him and he's about to go into hiatus for a long 2 years. I'm absolutely convinced by his portrayal of LJH and for me especially, LJH could have  be that weekest link had it not been for KTO (case in point: Why Her). What's more impressive for me was that KTO knew from beginning how flat LJH could potentially be, and still determined to bring the character to life. The guy has heart, depth and determination, and finally got the chance to earn his popularity on a global scale. Of course, PEB equally played the other important role in making us weak for them. Also, same with you on TKA, i did not find PEB and RW chemistry as naturally flowing.

This is a bit KTO bias, but I came across this podcast and was absolutely giggling along the entire 45mins hehe. https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Q3HjNd7GJ0p5PCWwhwMpo?si=59GBMmCLTeWKbI0vzvLXjw&utm_source=copy-link

@JenL those edits are GOLD!! I didn't know there is so much symmetry between them! Uggh my poor heart 😆

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@buguz The host of the podcast speaks for me! Our poor hearts. He’ll be leaving for military service in the next 2 days. And to make it worse, he doesn’t have so much drama that I can enjoy except for EAW and Tale of Nokdu.

To feed this thread, I’m reviewing the behind the scenes and interaction of Uri Taebin. I’ll share it in a few days. Not only that, but I’m also planning to view PEB's past behind the scenes with her past ML as well. Let’s see if we have something to discuss here while we wait for 2024. I've never done this before, but hey, given my job involves interpreting people's behaviour and body language, maybe it may be entertaining.

By the way, I saw someone share that a few people went and asked the fortune teller about KTO and PEB. I'm not into this stuff, but I'm sharing it here for everyone to enjoy!

ps: anyone can help me to past the youtube or Twitter link?:cry:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 9/17/2022 at 12:00 AM, innrukia said:

Welcome @innrukia! cant say i am a big fan of KTO, but do appreciate good actors/actresses with strong work ethics, and KTO is one of them! he never touched his co-workers inappropriately, or have had too much skinship! he even expressed gratitude toward PEB's manager when they were reviewing the meltdown scene. a tweet about a senior actor praising me for being a very respectful actor. he knows and respects boundaries! i remember i didnt appreciate an inappropriate touch by PEB's ml in tka at the sunset kiss scene. well PEB didnt complain about it, why did i get upset about it? it was at this point i was quite turned off by that ml.

if KTO's acting is bad as lee junho, then there wouldnt be a heart-fluttering love story between youngwoo and junho, and wouldnt have those pure and yet passionate kiss scenes that capture attention of viewers in this world! KTO was hardworking and smart, never saw an actor did an internet research at the filming site to deal with a scene. no matter how great PEB's acting is, she cannot do everything by herself! takes two hands to clap!

was quite surprised that KTO didnt land on any ml roles after winning the kbs best supporting actor through nokdu. his acting was so versatile in that drama, but didnt get any attention from good producers! hope some good agencies would reach out to him to advance his career after his return from military service! gongmin has made a good decision to go to saram with the help of LHN! it's not working when four guys with similar age in the same agency are competing for similar roles or projects!

Edited by taebinfan
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
21 hours ago, innrukia said:

I'm glad I'm able to join the party. I don't know how much work you have done to come out with these lovely matching photos. It's truly a treasure, especially to Taebin fans.:laugh:

Hahaha, I'm glad people are liking it and it's getting quite a few retweets so it must be comforting to some fans :heart: I've got to put up today's batch in a minute.

21 hours ago, innrukia said:

Yes, I saw a few comments criticizing the role, claiming that Lee Junho was an easy character to play. I wasn't sure if the comments were genuine or the result of inconsiderate fans. It is not an easy role to play. Lee Junho, as you mentioned, had no backstory and very little dialogue, and his role was to support WYW. When an actor overacts, the role becomes annoying or weak. KTO did the character justice and brought him to life. It just makes the character seem nice. If the plot doesn't make sense or some actors just act with their "pretty face," I simply fast forward (TKA) or drop the drama (Doom). But it was not the same for EAW, I even watched it for 2 times already:lenny:

I saw people who didn't like EAW or LJH as having 2 main opinions: 1) Those who thought Jun Ho wasn't a deep character/ unrealistic and 2) those who thought the role was too easy to play. And while I kind of can see why people might think that Jun Ho wasn't 'deep' because he didn't have an explicit backstory, I also think those people have it wrong - not every character in a drama needs to have some massive trauma to be considered having a backstory. Maybe I'm somewhat privileged, but most people I know seem to have a number of small happy and sad things happen to them. So I think Jun Ho actually does represent a lot of average people and actually, it's the other way around that male leads who are rich CEOS and had super abusive parents are less relatable for most average people, if you ask me! :idk:

Totally agree with how nuanced the role actually was! I think a lot of actors would agree that the flatter and more loveable a character is the harder it is to play. I remember reading an interview with the actor James McAvoy where he said it's really hard to play a romantic hero because the director keeps telling you to look hot and he said he struggled to think of how best to make expressions people would think were hot  :laugh: And you can really see that Kang Tae Oh sometimes had this as well - like in the office scene where he had to be super charismatic and hi five everyone since he's so popular...in the behind the scenes you could see KTO struggle not to make it awkward especially since he didn't really know the people he as hi-fiving :lmao2: 

Also he had to do so many micro-expressions regarding his complicated feelings for WYW because JH really liked her, but also knew it was going to be a challenging path, he also had to balance feelings like consideration, confusion, empathy, disappointment, hurt, desire, desperation, contentment - often several feelings at once or close together. It's amazing that KTO was able to do this without over acting.:heart:

Also agree with your other comment - KTO has worked very hard for his success. And I think those who said he was milking it don't understand that actually the media are the ones who are wanting him to play his character over and over again because the public love it so much. It's less him than it is the public who are asking for KTO in Korea (and internationally). Oh well, I guess when something is popular, there's always going to be haters who just want to find something to hate for no good reason :idk:

19 hours ago, buguz said:

I'm on the same boat with you about KTO. It's bittersweet that I just now discovered him and he's about to go into hiatus for a long 2 years. I'm absolutely convinced by his portrayal of LJH and for me especially, LJH could have  be that weekest link had it not been for KTO (case in point: Why Her). What's more impressive for me was that KTO knew from beginning how flat LJH could potentially be, and still determined to bring the character to life. The guy has heart, depth and determination, and finally got the chance to earn his popularity on a global scale. Of course, PEB equally played the other important role in making us weak for them. Also, same with you on TKA, i did not find PEB and RW chemistry as naturally flowing.

Ah, better late than never! And even though it's terribly sad he has to go to the military, he will be back and hopefully have a successful post military career like Lee Je Hoon does now. I've been watching KTO for at least 5 years? I always thought he was cute and liked his roles, but nothing has stuck this deeply till now! I agree with you - I think he's worked so hard to make this character what it is - even researching how to make scenes flow better and look more aesthetic and believable like the body press/hug scene. 

I also agree - while I enjoyed TKA and I like RW as an actor in his own right, I didn't feel the RW & PEB chemistry. I actually had second lead syndome the entire time with Nam Yoon Su's character :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oooh if you like podcasts, I also have a podcast on EAW...I'm making a second episode now like a month after EAW has ended and it will talk about Taebin as well as the drama itself. But the first episode is here. A lot of things I said about Jun Ho's character were later confirmed by KTO in his interviews which I'm happy about :heiboi: Haha, I don't think I'm as funny as your other podcast probably is, but I like to talk a lot :yayaya::lol: Also dropping more photoshoot pics tooday!

To feed this thread, I’m reviewing the behind the scenes and interaction of Uri Taebin. I’ll share it in a few days. Not only that, but I’m also planning to view PEB's past behind the scenes with her past ML as well. Let’s see if we have something to discuss here while we wait for 2024. I've never done this before, but hey, given my job involves interpreting people's behaviour and body language, maybe it may be entertaining.

By the way, I saw someone share that a few people went and asked the fortune teller about KTO and PEB. I'm not into this stuff, but I'm sharing it here for everyone to enjoy!

ps: anyone can help me to past the youtube or Twitter link?:cry:

Yay! Please do share your reviews and thoughts especially since yoou sound like you know what you're doing in reading people :MewHi:

Hahaha, can't believe people are seeing fortune teller for PEB and KTO  :laugh:

Oooh, what did you need help on? Was it about dropping a link on this page - you just need to paste the entire link down and it should appear as far as I know for twitter and youtube.

5 hours ago, taebinfan said:

amazing acting skills and chemistry! KTO is the best ml for PEB, so far!

am gonna use google translator to understand the scriptbook!

Thanks for sharing the links to the scriptbook content! I've seen it floating around on Twitter and it's been so nice to read WYW and JH's thoughts and see the scenes through their minds and feelings and intentions :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

:heart: Welcome to my Dream Taebin Photoshoot: Part 2 :heart:

You're all free to save them and use them. If possible to credit, please credit: These Dramatic Days (which is the name of all the things I do relating to my dramas - Youtube subbing, podcast, blog etc etc). Haha, prepare for more matching KTO & PEB photos ...and I even name my photoshoots LOL :heiboi:

You can see the matching pastel photos (Part 1) by scrolling up this thread!

Scent of Spring (Monochrome)

UUEREOE.png

R4NEo6e.png

EIBFaof.png

Monochrome is a mood

RXJhWnN.png

EVU6Oi0.png

9ue7xU3.png

ukoBIAl.png

pGuprc0.png

sGiSeie.png

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 2

4 minutes ago, JenL said:

Oh and for you, @abs-oluteM - I'm not really a melo person, but I'd be ok with this melo, especially since she looks so pretty in her Do You Like Brahms style :lol:

aahaahah thanks @JenL...yes I can take angst. See all the crazy dramas I watch. Hahahaha. The song they used was the main OST from this rom-com (which was also quite angsty towards the end ) called Oh My Baby starring Jang Nara

@innrukia Welcome to JangHaven & to this thread. 

1 hour ago, innrukia said:

Here are 3 fortune tellers' shares about KTO and PEB.

This video was pretty interesting. Not a big believer of stuff like that but I do agree with how they see him. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@JenL

I definitely agree with you that LJH is an average character or "plain joe or nice guy in the neighborhood". The majority of K-drama viewers have preconceived notions about the ML/FL role. The strong or deep character is always defined as someone extraordinary with a wound or suffering from an abusive background, or chaebol with a difficult life, ML/FL is a childhood sweetheart, and so on. Then ML and FL will have to face the entire world in order to live a normal life. While LJH was not, I admired his ordinary character with a non-dramatic backstory. EAW defies k-drama stereotypes. Of course, it wasn't perfect, but it served its purpose.

The micro-expression thingy. He did a lot of them. You can see his moist eyes, lips, jaw, and adam's apple "talking" in all of his scenes!:yayaya: The same with PEB's eyes, expression, and fingers! To be honest, watching him makes me feel fulfilled. And I was a sucker for their scenes. What we had in EAW for these two wasn't enough. I wish there were more of them. Speaking of which, I really like how Swoon combined Run On scene and Oh My Tweenies. Their hair colors match perfectly, and their expressions are adorable!

@taebinfan Another great perspective! Yes, I noticed him thanking the PEB manager after both monitored the scene. As is evident, he interacts with others in a respectful, thoughtful, and sincere manner. I enjoy seeing the BTs where he looks for improvements to the scene and discusses them. His work ethics are another reason for me to like him. I think his current agency, MOC, will hold on till his return. Hopefully, we can get his new drama right after his discharge. And a bonus if the FL is PEB. One can dream, right?

@abs-oluteM. I feel so alive with this discussion. Lucky us, we have this thread to vent our hunger for these two! I’m not into stuff like that either. But what intrigued me was, knet even went to ask the fortune teller for these two, including their relationship stuff. Meaning Korean fans adore their chemistry, and they may have the same crushes on KTO and PEB.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, innrukia said:

Another great perspective! Yes, I noticed him thanking the PEB manager after both monitored the scene. As is evident, he interacts with others in a respectful, thoughtful, and sincere manner. I enjoy seeing the BTs where he looks for improvements to the scene and discusses them. His work ethics are another reason for me to like him. I think his current agency, MOC, will hold on till his return. Hopefully, we can get his new drama right after his discharge. And a bonus if the FL is PEB. One can dream, right?

dont know if it was true... remember reading somewhere that PEB's manager didnt like tka ml, so he cropped him out of PEB's pic even though he was within her perimeter! thought he usually focused on filming PEB, so am surprised to see KTO was included in PEB's pics or clips this time!

another scene of their amazing team work!

Edited by taebinfan
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

:BulbaOWO:Welcome to my Dream Taebin Photoshoot: Part 3 :BulbaOWO:

You're all free to save them and use them. If possible to credit, please credit: These Dramatic Days (which is the name of all the things I do relating to my dramas - Youtube subbing, podcast, blog etc etc). Haha, prepare for more matching KTO & PEB photos ...and I even name my photoshoots LOL  :hug:

You can see the matching pastel & monochrome photos (Part 1 & 2) by scrolling up this thread!

Amusement Park

fcHURQt.png

NPZTYOb.png

H7hhPzt.jpg

19PQvzT.png

FIkJ4Tw.png

Edited by JenL
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

So sad today is KTO's enlistment date  :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: Hope the time passes quickly and he's safe and well and as happy as he can be in that time!

On 9/18/2022 at 4:40 PM, taebinfan said:

! i remember i didnt appreciate an inappropriate touch by PEB's ml in tka at the sunset kiss scene. well PEB didnt complain about it, why did i get upset about it? it was at this point i was quite turned off by that ml.

Oh really? I can't remember, but maybe it's because it's been so long since then. I prefer the Taebin chemistry anyway! :heart:

On 9/18/2022 at 4:40 PM, taebinfan said:

if KTO's acting is bad as lee junho, then there wouldnt be a heart-fluttering love story between youngwoo and junho, and wouldnt have those pure and yet passionate kiss scenes that capture attention of viewers in this world! KTO was hardworking and smart, never saw an actor did an internet research at the filming site to deal with a scene. no matter how great PEB's acting is, she cannot do everything by herself! takes two hands to clap!

was quite surprised that KTO didnt land on any ml roles after winning the kbs best supporting actor through nokdu. his acting was so versatile in that drama, but didnt get any attention from good producers! hope some good agencies would reach out to him to advance his career after his return from military service! 

So true! I think it takes 2 to build a good romance in a drama and KTO brought as much to the table as PEB. Even though her character was the one with more of storyline, KTO also brought out the right amount of romantic tension that captivated the audience and made the love line both wholesome/ endearing and heart-fluttering :hearties:

Yeah, it's been a long climb for KTO - almost a decade of being mostly second lead. Some actors get to first lead quickly (Eg. Lee Jae Wook) and others have a much longer journey, or only get a few small lead roles and have to go back to second lead (I'm thinking of actors like Yoon Park).. I think KTO's star is now big enough for him to be offered lead roles for sure when he's back though! :heart:

On 9/18/2022 at 11:26 PM, abs-oluteM said:

aahaahah thanks @JenL...yes I can take angst. See all the crazy dramas I watch. Hahahaha. The song they used was the main OST from this rom-com (which was also quite angsty towards the end ) called Oh My Baby starring Jang Nara

Hahaha, I can take angst if it's relevant...but melo is often unnecessary angst prolonged for 16 episodes :laugh: But if it's means that Taebin get reunited, I would gladly accept melo :lol:

On 9/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, innrukia said:

@JenL

I definitely agree with you that LJH is an average character or "plain joe or nice guy in the neighborhood". The majority of K-drama viewers have preconceived notions about the ML/FL role. The strong or deep character is always defined as someone extraordinary with a wound or suffering from an abusive background, or chaebol with a difficult life, ML/FL is a childhood sweetheart, and so on. Then ML and FL will have to face the entire world in order to live a normal life. While LJH was not, I admired his ordinary character with a non-dramatic backstory. EAW defies k-drama stereotypes. Of course, it wasn't perfect, but it served its purpose.

Yep, Jun Ho was definitely the sweet guy next door type, but I think it worked well in this context. If his story had been super dramatic it would have taken away the focus from Woo Young Woo :MewHi:

I think some people also thought Jun Ho was unrealistic because he was 'too nice' and apparently no guys are like that...but that makes me laugh because I definitely know someone in real life who reminds me of Jun Ho a lot! Our relationship is not one that could be romantic, but he's very important to me all the same because he has the same sort of good natured kindness and patience as Jun Ho and is the always-on-your-side type. You know, the sort of person who believes in you even when you don't believe in yourself! Also, I've had a number of people tell me they've had a crush on him before which reminds me of Jun Ho. :lol:

Haha, but I do agree with people who say it's too hard to find a guy like Jun Ho to date...they are rare on the market :laugh:

On 9/18/2022 at 11:58 PM, innrukia said:

The micro-expression thingy. He did a lot of them. You can see his moist eyes, lips, jaw, and adam's apple "talking" in all of his scenes!:yayaya: The same with PEB's eyes, expression, and fingers! To be honest, watching him makes me feel fulfilled. And I was a sucker for their scenes. What we had in EAW for these two wasn't enough. I wish there were more of them. Speaking of which, I really like how Swoon combined Run On scene and Oh My Tweenies. Their hair colors match perfectly, and their expressions are adorable!

Yessss, Kang Tae Oh's micro expressions were so amazing. The way his eyes would look so hurt or touched or surprised by Woo Young Woo was so subtle yet so noticeable at the same time. They weren't over the top movements, but little things like a slight up-turn at the corner of his mouth or a slight raiise of the eyebrow. I totally understand - I was a sucker for their scenes too because of their abiility to make everything so beautiful but also deep at the same time. I also wish there were more out takes or additional scenes for us to watch :letalQQ:

Ooooh what video of Run On and Hello my Twenties are you talking about @innrukia?

On 9/19/2022 at 2:54 AM, taebinfan said:

dont know if it was true... remember reading somewhere that PEB's manager didnt like tka ml, so he cropped him out of PEB's pic even though he was within her perimeter! thought he usually focused on filming PEB, so am surprised to see KTO was included in PEB's pics or clips this time!

Oooh who didn't PEB's manager like? Hahaha, as long as he likes KTO I am fine :laugh:

22 hours ago, innrukia said:

I'm not sure if you can see this tweet. Both can play rom-com very well.:wow:

https://twitter.com/EunKiss27/status/1571850311060553728?s=20&t=TPJakTofdiFo3UlF1jHLdw

Hahaha, omg, yes plsssss....I would love them to have a heated argument in a rom com! I also loved Hot Stove League PEB...and I haven't seen the Finger Flick drama, but now that KTO is in the army and his content will probably dry up some time soon, I'll be watching it when I miss himmm :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

:wow: Welcome to my Dream Taebin Photoshoot: Part 4 :wow:

You're all free to save them and use them. If possible to credit, please credit: These Dramatic Days (which is the name of all the things I do relating to my dramas - Youtube subbing, podcast, blog etc etc). Haha, prepare for more matching KTO & PEB photos ...and I even name my photoshoots :lol:

You can see the matching pastel & monochrome & amusement park photos (Part 1 & 2 & 3) by scrolling up this thread!

A Warm Pleasant Day

Hja1zAe.png

jVGsPgG.png

0ykek9r.png

z9cOtIs.png

Fj5OeOV.png

XwwAj85.png

BgR7IvA.jpg

• Heart Eyes 2