Can We Be Strangers? 남이 될 수 있을까? (2023)

abs-oluteM

They look gorgeous @Rina

Hmmm the subber is K-Plus for Asia. They are a cable channel and normally have to wait for them to air the next day before subs are available

Spoiler

FmltgX7aMAUSpI4?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I am quite concerned about the promotion & subs for this show @Rina

Even the channel itself is doing the bare minimum. Now only do they upload the highlight trailer on their YT account

Film Making for the posters

Spoiler

FmvQpuKaEAAYU3H?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Rina Fortunately the subs came out quickly , so perhaps there are other subbers besides KPlus

First eps was so fun. I had such a good laugh seeing Jang Seung Jo play a loser ex spouse who had cheated on KSR's character. I wasn't expecting the adultery to be the reason for their divorce but now he has to pay her alimony till she remarries. He ends up in the firm she is working with as he managed to convince her CEO to take him in. I believe he must have been here before he left to start his own. Running his own firm didn't work out and so he had to come back.

But Hara wasn't pleased of course . However he managed to help her solve the big case & the agreement was that if he was able to help her win , she'd have to accept that he'll be joining the firm. Clearly he is an out of the box thinker and with his advice,  she won the case & he is now her colleague. :laugh:

Of course Goo is a smart guy but a super broke one thanks to hefty alimony payments he has to make to her. So he gets this idea of setting her up on a blind date in hopes of marrying her off. I swear this is going to backfire on him as these two ain't over each other yet. As to the cheating bit, I have a feeling there's more to that story. 

(Bonus for eps 1 was JungYumi and Park Yong Woo cameo as two top stars in the middle of a divorce due to adultery. )

Can't wait to see them work together and let's see how the romance reignites.

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

He seems quite useless lols 

He is like the loser character here. But she definitely has to thank him for giving her the idea to win that case

Actually divorce cases can be very juicy. :laugh:

Some pre-release for eps 2...looks eventful ahahaha

• Like 3

@Rina For now I think there is more to this whole cheating thing. Regardless there are plenty of unresolved feelings between the two. It was interesting to see his facial expression when she said she hit it off with his friend. He should have been very glad but there was this spilt second moment when he was surprised it would work,  and I don't think he realises deep down he was hoping it wouldn't.

Spoiler

Fm5K6klaYAEsFhP?format=jpg&name=large

The case of the day surprised me in how it all turned out. Although the wife cheated I would say that the husband should have communicated his issue to the wife. She has her needs too , and not letting her in on the issue made her lonely and became the catalyst for her trying to find love elsewhere. While I am not saying she did the right thing, I can see why it lead to a breakdown in this marriage. 

I think that Hara should have her cake and eat it too. The friend that Goo introduced seems to be quite a nice person , and respects her . So she should date the guy for a bit & make Goo regret it a little for trying to marry her off. :GrowDerp:. It's also quite nice to have a second loveline in the form of their bickering colleagues. At least their workplace is very spicy. Hahah.

• Like 1
  • Tasty 1

Seems like there are a lot of subtle hints in episode 2 about Goo Eun Beom. If it isn't because he's sexually dysfunctional too then my other guess is possibly he maybe infertile and she expresses her wish to have baby before, and he didn't want to never be able to give her that.

So I agree that he's actually never cheated on her and likely went through noble idiocy thinking it's better he lets her go rather than holding her back. He doesn't look sick, or has cancer, does he? Although I do have to question it's so early in the series and @abs-oluteM your Oppa's eyebags already are so big. He looks so tired all the time.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Although I do have to question it's so early in the series and @abs-oluteM your Oppa's eyebags already are so big. He looks so tired all the time.

He always looks like this ....I think it's even more pronounced when he loses weight. 

Press Con

Film making

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1