My Dearest/ Lovers 연인 [2023]

abs-oluteM

@abs-oluteM Thanks for the info. Yeah, the historical characters are not fictional and so far the “main” history is not as well. I suppose they can't stray too much too, knowing how previously Knetizens made a huge fuss about using real-life characters in dramas (*cough* Joseon Exorcist *cough*). I do wonder if Gak Hwa really exist—can't find a similar name, so I think she's fictional. Has it been mentioned in the drama she is number # amongst his daughters?

There is a possibility that the storyline may not go with King Injo killing Crown Prince Sohyeon in 1645. Wikipedia English mentioned Sohyeon died in the King's room as you have shared. Wikipedia Chinese tells a different tale.

Spoiler

Google translation:

The crown prince fell ill on April 23 of the lunar calendar and was diagnosed with malaria. Medical officer Li Xinyi treated him with acupuncture. Three days later (May 21 of the Gregorian calendar), the crown prince died suddenly in the Huanqing Hall of Changqing Palace. "[19]. Li Xinyi came under suspicion. Injo did not order a clarification of the cause of death. Instead, he restricted the number of people present and ordered the crown prince to be placed in the coffin quickly. Injo's favored concubine Zhao Zhaoyong (the deposed noble Zhao family) had a rift with Crown Prince Sohyun and his wife, and often framed them. Li Xinyi was a relative of the Zhao family, and was specially appointed as a medical officer on the eve of Crown Prince Sohyeon's return to the country. [20] Li Zhi, a scholar from Dati, wrote the epitaph of Prince Zhaoxian: "The prince stayed in a foreign land for a long time and served in the army several times. He hunted Shuohuang in the east, crossed Yansai in the west, and traveled through mountains and rivers. He was prepared for danger. Although he was calm and composed, he suffered from internal injuries. After returning to the palace, he even felt cold and hot, and the medical prescription was wrong, which led to his death." [21] Korean scholar Kim Jong-deok believed that the crown prince had chest tuberculosis, yin deficiency, aversion to heat, and alternation of cold and heat, but he was misdiagnosed as malaria, leading to death.

The drama version might use this version so that no one will get pissed from potentially defaming their King.

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I laughed here …I think my hair will grow white first at this rate 🤣🤣

:lmao2: This reminds me of a Chinese song, which literally translate to “I waited till the flower wilted”.

• Insightful 1

No episode this Friday due to baseball. Eps 17 will air on Saturday. 

I don't know if I am all excited about MBC considering the idea of adding episodes because of the drama's popularity. Just give me a good ending instead of dragging things out unnecessarily. 

Filmmaking for ep 15-16

Spoiler

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Pre-released for eps 17 

Translation credit to https://x.com/cineviee/status/1720602259526922607?s=20

G: When i meet you again, do you now the first thing i want to do? I wanted to cook meals with my own hands for you.
J: Seeing you like this makes me feel like a groom. Now I can live for million years.

(He called her by name....)

J: Yoo Gil Chae....Now there's nothing between you & me and no one can stop me.

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Summary recap for eps 17....

On this day, Yu Gil-chae said to Gu Won-mu (Ji Seung-hyeon), "It's not my fault that I was defiled by  barbarians. If you had asked for a divorce because of that, I wouldn't have backed down until the end. But I'm sorry for giving my heart to Nauri Lee Jang-hyeon in Shenyang. That's why I'm getting a divorce."

Yoo Gil-chae left home with Jong-yi (Park Jeong-yeon). Yu Gil-chae said with a relieved expression, “How will I live now?” However, Yu Gil-chae faced the miserable reality of the Joseon people after the Manchu War.

Lee Jang-hyeon still spent time with Gak-hwa (Lee Cheong-ah). However, Lee Jang-hyeon aimed his bow at Gak-hwa and said, "I am a merchant. I am a person who pays back. I lived by paying back more money to those who gave to make money and paying more damages to those who caused damage. So, the person who shot me with the arrow, I have to pay it back,” he said. However, Lee Jang-hyeon soon bowed out, saying, "You evil, selfish, foolish girl. Because of you. But it's strange. Maybe I was so angry that I started thinking too much."

Gakhwa nodded and said, “I am who I am. I am evil, foolish, and selfish.” Lee Jang-hyeon replied, "That's your highness. It's foolish and selfish, but that's why," and Gak-hwa asked, "So?" At the same time, Gakhwa deeply kissed Lee Janghyun. Lee Jang-hyeon pushed her away. In response, Gakhwa said, "You pushed me away in the past, and today you hesitated, but someday you will embrace me. From what I heard, they will soon send the crown prince to Joseon. Are you going to stay? No, you must stay."

Then, Crown Prince Sohyeon (Kim Mu-jun) and Kang Bin (Jeon Hye-won) returned to Joseon. However, the prisoners were unable to return to Joseon. This was due to Injo (Kim Jong-tae). King Injo was not pleased with the prisoners that Crown Prince Sohyeon had taken from Shenyang to be brought into Joseon. The prisoners began to worry about the fact that they could not return to Joseon. Accordingly, Yang Cheon (Choi Mu-sung) voluntarily remained in Shenyang with the Joseon prisoners of war.

Yu Gil-chae went to visit the concubine, Madam Jo (So Yu-jin), to sell the long sword. Madam Jo said, "Who will buy a long sword made by a woman who was defiled by a barbarian? Okay, I will buy it for you at a high price," but added, "But I have something for you to do. The crown prince will come to Joseon soon. So..." .

After hearing the news about Crown Prince Sohyeon's return , Yu Gil-chae went out to Jeojat Street to see Lee Jang-hyeon. Yoo Gil-chae secretly peeked at Lee Jang-hyeon and was excited. Gujam (Park Kang-seop) also returned and reunited with Jong-jong.

Lee Jang-hyun was pressed for time and visited Yoo Gil-chae. Lee Jang-hyeon said to Gujam, “I have to go back soon .” Ryang-eum (Kim Yun-woo) set out to find Yoo Gil-chae on behalf of Lee Jang-hyeon. Ryang Eum asked Yu Gil-chae, “Would you like to meet Nari?” However, Yoo Gil-chae rejected the offer. In response, Ryang Eum said, "You probably don't want to be seen living in a place like this. It's only a matter of time before he finds out about your situation. So, meet him first. You have to show her that you are living a good life so he will completely give up."

Accordingly, Yoo Gil-chae dressed up in flowers and pretended to be a full-term pregnant woman and went to meet Lee Jang-hyeon. Lee Jang-hyeon said, "I'm going back to the Qing Dynasty soon. This time, I came back because I wanted to stop by my hometown for a while. I didn't know, but I also have a hometown."

Lee Jang-hyeon ran over and bought snacks for Yu Gil-chae, who wanted to eat kongsiru rice cake. Lee Jang-hyeon looked lovingly at Yoo Gil-chae eating rice cake with a happy expression. Just before parting ways, Lee Jang-hyeon emphasized to Yoo Gil-chae, "Let me ask you a favor. Soon, I will invite my acquaintances to watch RE sing a song to commemorate the his return to Joseon. Can you come then? Please. It is my last request."

Yu Gil-chae returned home and took care of  orphans. However, Lee Jang-hyeon knew that Yoo Gil-chae was divorced. Lee Jang-hyeon was alone with tears in his eyes as he saw Yoo Gil-chae living in a shabby house taking care of the children.

Yu Gil-chae dressed up as a pregnant woman again and went to listen to Ryang-eum's song. The two people had tears in their eyes as they recalled the memories of listening to songs together in the past. Yoo Gil-chae, who was shedding tears, eventually turned around, and Lee Jang-hyun chased after her.

Yu Gil-chae, who made an excuse for morning sickness, turned around and said, "I told you that I would not cause trouble to you for the rest of my life. How fortunate I am that I was able to keep that promise. So, I hope you will be at peace."

However, Lee Jang-hyun asked, "How long are you going to fool me? How long do you think you can fool me?" Yu Gil-chae cried, saying, "I can live well like this. Don't feel sorry or pity me. That's what I want. In Shenyang, I left when you wanted me to. Now it's your turn. Please pretend you didn't see me."

In response, Lee Jang-hyun hugged Yoo Gil-chae. Nevertheless, Yu Gil-chae eventually pushed him away and turned around. Next, Yoo Gil-chae visited Ryang-eum and returned the bundle she used to act as a fake pregnant woman.

Ryang-eum, who saw this, said, "That's amazing (sarcastically) . Your pride is the most important to you today. That's why you didn't even care about Lee Jang-hyeon's pain." He continued, “I don’t want Lee Jang-hyun to be sad because of a woman like you. It pains me so much to see Lee Jang-hyun get hurt because of a woman like you.” He continued, “If I were you, if I had even a piece of Lee Jang-hyun’s heart like you, I would have done that. You have no qualifications. No. You don't deserve to be loved by Lee Jang-hyun, nor do you deserve to be shunned. You don't deserve anything from Lee Jang-hyun," he snapped.

Lee Jang-hyeon was scheduled to return to Gak-hwa. However, after learning of Yoo Gil-chae's divorce, Lee Jang-hyun decided to go straight to GC once again. Ryang Eum caught Lee Jang-hyeon. Lee Jang-hyeon said coldly, "RE, I could die for you. But now I want to live for that woman. I will never see anyone who affects me like this again." RE clung to him, saying, "Then I will go with you. You live for that woman. I will follow her you wherever you go."

At the same time, Yoo Gil-chae was waiting for Lee Jang-hyun. Lee Jang-hyun then went to see her as if he knew about this. Yoo Gil-chae personally prepared a meal for Lee Jang-hyeon. Lee Jang-hyun smiled and said, “When I see you like this, I feel like I’m the groom. Now, I can live like this for a thousand years.”

Lee Jang-hyeon then said, "Yoo Gil-chae. Now there is nothing between you and me. So there is no one to stop me." Yu Gil-chae replied, "You have granted my wish. This is enough for me. I don't want anything more from you. So..."

Janghyun  asked, “Why did you get divorced?” When Yoo Gil-chae hesitated and said, "You didn't ask, and I never told you, but I was in Shenyang..." Lee Jang-hyeon nodded, "If you want to talk, do it. I don't care."

When Yoo Gil-chae hesitated, Lee Jang-hyeon said, "Do you still not know me? Do you not even know my heart? I am satisfied with just being with you. Poor Gil-chae, rich Gil-chae, cheeky Gil-chae, docile Gil-chae, Gil-chae who does not love me, and Gil-chae who loves me. I can just take up anything,” he confessed.

To this, Yu Gil-chae asked, “Okay. So, what about Gil-chae who was insulted by the barbarians?” Lee Jang-hyeon said, "I need to hug her. She must have been in pain," and hugged her in her arms.

Lee Jang-hyun continued, “Even if you push me away, I will stay here, even if you get tired of me, I will stay here. I knew the moment I first saw you. I have never liked anyone other than you,” he said, “You. “Can I hug you?” he kissed her.

Summary recaps for eps 18

Lee Jang-hyeon and Yoo Gil-chae confirmed their feelings for each other all night long. :smile:

At the same time, Yoo Gil-chae asked her true feelings, “Have you ever hated me?” Lee Jang-hyun replied that he did not hate her, saying, “It was the day you left me forever.” The next morning, the two people expressed their affection by quietly looking at each other's faces. 

Lee Jang-hyeon then confessed that he would go to the office, saying, "I have work to finish. It will take about a month, but I will definitely come back." Gilchae Yu handed him double rings, saying he had made it before. Yoo Gil-chae continued with a smile, saying, "So don't worry. I can wait for a month."

However, King Injo (played by Kim Jong-tae) opposed the return of the prisoners, fearing that Crown Prince Sohyeon (played by Kim Mu-jun) would plot a treason. Crown Prince Sohyeon ultimately remained silent about rescuing the captive, and Lee Jang-hyeon crossed the river alone with the captive in Shenyang, shedding tears. This was because he had previously promised Gak-hwa (played by Lee Cheong-ah), “If you let me cross the river, I will come back.”

When the prisoners safely crossed the river, waiting for Lee Jang-hyeon were armed slaves of Naesusa. The slaves suddenly started cutting the prisoners with swords, saying, "Go back," and Gu Yang-cheon (played by Choi Moo-sung) was hit by an arrow in his stomach and returned to the Qing led by Gu Jam (played by Park Kang-seop) and several surviving prisoners.

After Lee Jang-hyeon lost consciousness, he was taken to the palace and interrogated. When Lee Jang-hyeon was asked, "Why did you use private soldiers? Who ordered you to do it?", Lee Jang-hyeon said, "They are not private soldiers, they are prisoners of war. No one ordered them to do that." He stood firm and was shocked when he lost consciousness, covered in blood.

Rang Eum (played by Kim Yun-woo), who escaped alone, informed Crown Prince Sohyeon of this fact. Crown Prince Sohyeon risked his life to visit King Injo and appealed with tears, saying, "They are Your Majesty's people," but King Injo scoffed and said, "Are you finally showing your true colors?" and kicked him out. As soon as Crown Prince Sohyeon left the room, he collapsed and sobbed.

Jang Cheol (played by Moon Seong-geun) gathered the Confucian scholars and headed to the palace. Jang Cheol said, “I will no longer sit in my room and just talk bitterly,” and cried out, “Please join me.” Nam Yeon-jun (played by Lee Hak-joo) and his Confucian students further enraged King Injo by posting a group appeal saying, "Hand over the criminals in your office to Geumbu."

Yu Gil-chae, who heard this through rumors, hid in the palace to find Lee Jang-hyeon. Yu Gil-chae was horrified to see Lee Jang-hyeon, covered in blood, dumped in a pile of corpses, and she showed her wit by putting blood on her clothes to disguise himself as a corpse. Yu Gil-chae later waited for the opportunity to attack the guard  and attempt to save JH

Summary of the episode on YT

Spoiler

Preview ...GC is just awesome the way she saved JH and nursed him

• Clapping Hands 1

Summary recaps for Eps 19

Yoo Gil-chae (played by Ahn Eun-jin) dragged Jang-hyeon Lee, who was covered in blood, home. The physician who sensed Lee Jang-hyun's pulse judged that there was no hope.

Crown Prince Sohyeon's (Kim Mu-jun) illness worsened day by day. A physician sent by Injo (played by Kim Jong-tae) put acupuncture needles on Crown Prince Sohyeon. Kang Bin suspected that the acupuncture was not suitable for his condition, but since the doctor was sent by Injo, she could not say anything.

Spoiler

Ryang Eum appeared at Yu Gil-chae's house and took Lee Jang-hyeon away at GC's request.  Men from the palace searched Yu Gil-chae's house. In the meantime, R Eum hid Lee Jang-hyeon in the house of the gisaeng Yeong-rang (played by Kim Seo-an) that JH had saved before. Yang Eum heard from Yeongrang about the many things Lee Jang-hyeon had done for him.

Spoiler

However, Janghyun Lee did not regain his consciousness. Ryang Eum then told Yoo Gil-chae, "I thought about who Lee Jang-hyeon would most like to see before he dies. You should go to Lee Jang-hyeon." Yu Gil-chae carefully nursed Lee Jang-hyeon.

Spoiler

Janghyun had a dream as a child. Lee Jang-hyeon's father was Jang Cheol (Moon Seong-geun). In Lee Jang-hyeon's house, there was a slave named Samdo, and to that slave Lee Jang-hyeon gave him the nickname Liangeum. Lee Jang-hyeon's sister fell in love with Sam-do, and Jang Cheol opposed it and beat up Sam-do.

Spoiler

Lee Jang-hyeon woke up from his dream and stood up. Lee Jang-hyun, who was looking at Yu Gil-chae, who was happy with tears in her eyes, seemed to have lost her memory, saying, “Who are you?” Lee Jang-hyeon asked Yoo Gil-chae, who took care of his meals and nursed him, “Why are you so nice to me?” Yu Gil-chae replied, “Compared to what Na-ri did for me, this is nothing.” Lee Jang-hyeon pointed to Liang-eum and said, "That man's name is Liang-eum, but the slave I had was named Sam-do. He was good at whistling, so I gave him the nickname Liang-eum. It's strange. He has the same name as that guy."

Spoiler

Crown Prince Sohyeon woke up briefly after receiving a needle. While Kang Bin (played by Jeon Hye-won) went to make Tarak Porridge, Crown Prince Sohyeon asked about Lee Jang-hyeon's well-being and left a letter for Lee Jang-hyeon. And he said he wanted to rest and lay down. The moment Kang Bin came to make Tarak Porridge, Crown Prince Sohyeon died.

Spoiler

King Injo said he would throw away the Crown Princess who tried to curse him burying an ugly body. In fact, the hideous body was buried by the concubine, Lady Jo. 

When Kang Bin complained that it was unfair, Injo said that there was someone behind the crown prince, and he became angry at the prisoners that the crown prince had repatriated.

The movement to find Lee Jang-hyun has intensified. Yu Gil-chae quickly hid Lee Jang-hyeon, who had gone out of the house for a moment. Yoo Gil-chae hugged Lee Jang-hyeon from behind.

Spoiler

When Lee Jang-hyun was startled and asked, “Why are you doing this?” Yoo Gil-chae hugged her tighter, saying, “It’s okay for us to be like this.” Lee Jang-hyun said, "You've been touching me since a while ago, but you said you and I were together for 7 years," and Yoo Gil-chae replied, "I told you that it's okay for us to be like this."

While hanging out the laundry, Yoo Gil-chae kissed Lee Jang-hyun on the cheek. Lee Jang-hyun shouted at Yoo Gil-chae, asking if she was crazy. Yoo Gil-chae slyly walked away, saying, “We were always like this.” Yoo Gil-chae said, "I wanted to spend a boring day with Nari. This is probably the happiest time that Nari and I are spending," and promised, "Even if I die, I will not leave Nari's side."

Spoiler

Meanwhile, Gak-hwa (played by Lee Cheong-ah) learned that all of the crown prince's people were being purged in Joseon. Gakhwa came to Joseon to find Lee Janghyeon.

King Injo held a meeting with his subjects and ordered the eradication of people related to Kang Bin. (Crown Princess)  Kangbin collapsed in pain while receiving the poison from the place she was kicked out. The person who greeted Kang Bin in her dreams as she was dying was Crown Prince Sohyeon, who had been aloof during his lifetime. Kangbin's face was drenched with tears, and she was held in Crown Prince Sohyeon's arms, and she died. :nervous:

Spoiler

Lee Jang-hyun was fiddling with the ring that Yoo Gil-chae gave him and dropped it, and at that moment, all his memories came back. Lee Jang-hyun hugged Yoo Gil-chae, saying, "You waited a long time. I'm sorry."

Preview

• Like 1

Summary recaps for eps 20

Lee Jang-hyeon and Yoo Gil-chae, whose memories returned, spent time together. Yoo Gil-chae was happy and said, “Nari regains her memories every time she sees my face, so I have to stick with her wherever she goes.”

Pyo Yeon-gyeom (played by Yang Hyeon-min) was abandoned, and Lee Jang-hyun went to see Pyo Yeon-gyeom. Pyo Yeon-gyeom told Lee Jang-hyeon, "Black water flowed from every pore of your body. Please relieve me of the injustice. There is a letter that my Majesty left for you," and then he died.

Gak-hwa (Lee Cheong-ah), who came to Joseon, came to Yu Gil-chae's house. When Yoo Gil-chae went outside to see her, Gak-hwa was standing there. When Yoo Gil-chae was surprised, Gak-hwa said, "Why did you come? I came to pick up Lee Jang-hyun." Gakhwa asked, "I know that the crown prince's people are being purged. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find any trace of Lee Jang-hyeon. Is there anything wrong? Is he alive?" Yu Gil-chae answered that he was alive.

When Gak-hwa asked, "I'm taking Lee Jang-hyeon with me. Where is he?" Yoo Gil-chae said, "Then can you help Lee Yeok-gwan, Na-ri? Please help him." Gakhwa was told to tell the king of Joseon that a royal envoy from the Qing Dynasty would come, and she ordered that the interpreter must be Lee Jang-hyeon. As a result, Janghyun Lee was able to save his life.

Injo (played by Kim Jong-tae) called Lee Jang-hyun and asked, “What is your identity?” Lee Jang-hyeon replied, "It's an interpreter. It's not just an interpreter, it's an interpreter that the crown prince loved very much." The Qing side put pressure on King Injo by asking about the whereabouts of the crown prince's children.

Gyeong-eun-ae was surprised by Nam Yeon-jun's thoughts and asked, "Do you think you are defiled just by being grabbed by the wrist by a barbarian?" Nam Yeonjun replied, “It is the same that fidelity is damaged.” In response, Gyeong-eun-ae asked, "Do you think that Gil-chae's return means that the clear water has become tainted?" Nam Yeon-jun replied, "Thank you for living courageously. However, I also understand Officer Gu Jong-gwan's choice. In times like these, women must maintain chastity. Only then can discipline be established and the people feel comfortable."

When Gyeong-eun Ae confessed, "Gil-chae helped me when I was almost abused by barbarians on the way to escape," Nam Yeon-jun asked, "Did you meet a barbarian?" and her eyes wavered. Nam Yeon-jun could not accept that Gyeong Eun-ae was almost insulted.

Lee Jang-hyeon received and read the letter delivered by the crown prince.  Lee Jang-hyeon risked himself and returned the prisoners safely using the dirt road, not the river road, as he had promised to Gak-hwa.

Gakhwa asked him to come with her, but Lee Janghyeon refused, saying he had to go to his hometown too ( return to GC) . Gakhwa threatened, saying, “If you go to Joseon, you will die.” When Gakhwa asked, “Is it because of that woman?” Lee Jang-hyeon responded, “She is the hometown to me. Now I wants to go to my hometown and rest in peace.”

Gakhwa held back tears as he said, “You either go with me, or you die here. If you go to Joseon, you die anyway.” Lee Jang-hyeon said, “I have no choice but to die here,” and he refused to join Gak-hwa. Gak-hwa pointed his sword at Lee Jang-hyeon. Janghyun Lee closed his eyes and said, “Forgive me.” Gak-hwa lowered his sword and said, “Go. Go before I change my mind,” and sent Lee Jang-hyeon away. Lee Jang-hyeon said, “Your Majesty, rest in peace,” and then left.

While Lee Jang-hyeon was heading to Yoo Gil-chae, he saw a rumor going around about the death of Crown Prince So-hyeon (played by Kim Moo-jun) and sent Gujam (played by Park Kang-seop) to Yoo Gil-chae first to take care of the matter. Yu Gil-chae collected the prisoners and cared for them according to Lee Jang-hyeon's letter.

Nam Yeon-jun refused Gyeong Eun-ae's hand, saying, "You deceived me. This is the miserable dust that the barbarians left behind in Joseon."

Yoo Gil-chae waited for Lee Jang-hyeon every day. When Lee Jang-hyeon appeared, Yoo Gil-chae ran and hugged Lee Jang-hyeon and shouted, “Husband! ” Lee Jang-hyeon was surprised and asked, “Did you just call me Seo-bang-nim (husband) ?” Lee Jang-hyeon was happy .

Gujam and Jongjong-i (played by Park Jeong-yeon) got married. On the evening of their wedding day, while all the villagers were gathering and having a party, Lee Jang-hyeon said, "It's really nice to see. We too should...," and hinted that he wanted to get married. Yoo Gil-chae said, "Well, I've already been married before," and "...so why bother." She spoke arrogantly but was teasing him. 

Yoo Gil-chae said, "I will do it. I propose," and said, "Please marry me. I will make you the happiest man in the world." Lee Jang-hyeon accepted the marriage proposal, saying, "Let's go to Neunggun-ri. Now, let's live there like a lump of stone or a piece of grass. Let's live a simple life, just the two of us."

( Honestly, Iet's just have this happy ending here...:BulbaOWO:)

Preview:

• Like 1

Finale recap !!!

On this day, Jang Hyun personally visited his father, Lee Jang-cheol (Moon Sang-geun), who had pledged to stay away. Jang Cheol said, “What is your identity? You became a nobleman through Gongmyeongcheop? “If that’s the case, then your name is probably a lie,” he snapped. In response, Jang Hyeon revealed his identity by saying, “My real name is Hyeon, and my last name is Jang.” “My father, this is Hyeon.” Jang Cheol, who thought his son was dead, shed tears as he hugged Jang Hyeon, but asked, “Why are you among the traitors?” Jang Hyeon said, “I am not a traitor. He begged, “Please save the prisoners,” but Jang Cheol did not listen to Jang Hyeon’s request.

Next, Nam Yeon-jun (Lee Hak-ju) asked Jang Cheol about Jang Hyeon's identity. However, Jang Che said, “A long time ago, I lost both my daughter and my son. My daughter, committed suicide due to rumors that she had an affair with a servant. I knew of her decision in advance, but I did not stop her. It was a pain that ripped me out, but my daughter and I worked together to protect our family and maintain our beautiful loyalty ( to the King) True sacrifice is cutting out something as precious as one’s own life for a greater cause. That is sacrifice,” he said. Then he ordered Jang Hyeon to be killed. However, Jang Cheol committed suicide out of guilt.

Yeonjun visited Nobi to capture Janghyun. Jang Hyun, who went to the beach to avoid Yeonjun's soldiers, grabbed a knife covered in blood. Janghyeon looked at the beach and said, “Can you hear this sound? It is the sound of flowers,” he said to himself, “I’m sure there are people waiting for you too. I also have someone waiting. Send me home,” he said. But the soldiers responded  “Stop.” Despite the words, “Are you breaking the order?”, he shot an arrow into the back of Jang Hyeon, who was walking unsteadily.

Relaying the news Yeon-jun (Lee Hak-ju) told the king, “I destroyed the group of traitors, including Lee Jang-hyeon, and threw them into the sea.” Afterwards, he suffered from guilt and attempted suicide, but was discovered and revived by Kyung Eun-ae (Lee Da-in) .

After he woke up, he told Yu Gil-chae the truth. “That man, I didn’t see him dead with my own eyes,” he said, shocking her. “But he was probably dead, he had already lost too much blood.”

Yu Gil-chae doubted his words, saying, "All the bodies were thrown into the sea..." In response, Nam Yeon-jun said so, but he said that he searched for the body in hopes of recovering it, but could not find it.

He went on to say, “Not long ago, I received news that there was an old man in a nearby village who said he last saw Lee Jang-hyeon.”

Afterwards, Gilchae set out to find that old man who told her, “He (Jang Hyeon) is not dead. But he doesn't remember anything. When he looked at the moon, he laughed and cried. He said he was following the sound of a flower and then went away,” he said.

While Gilchae was hopeful that Janghyeon was alive, she remembered saying to Janghyeon, “I want to build a house and live in the small mountain next to Neunggun-ri.” Just as Gil-chae said, Jang-hyeon was really building a house and living there. However, Jang Hyeon did not recognize Gil Chae, and he said, “I came to look for Seobang. Hearing that he is very handsome,” he stayed there for a night and helped Gilchae.

The next day, Gilchae followed Janghyeon to the beach. Here, Gilchae said, “My husband was very handsome. He is a person who always keeps his promises,” he said, taking out a ring that matched Janghyun’s and showing it to him. Janghyeon looked at Gilchae as if his memories had returned, and Gilchae said, “Seobang-nim . Gilchae has arrived,” she said. Janghyeon, who put all the pieces together, said, “Gilchae,” and hugged him, “You've been waiting. You’ve been here for a very long time,” he said, shedding tears.

• Like 1

First of many awards to come for our leads. 

Lovers' received awards in five categories, including the grand prize at the 'Grime Award' selected by the Korea Broadcasting Photographers' Association and the best male and female actor award

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are you watching live @abs-oluteM?

You have to watch the cuts before they announce it. It was hilarious. They were being interviewed, Lee Se Young said last year she won with Lee Jun Ho, but now she has a new namja and is married and she held hands with Bae In Hyuk. Then the end, NGM and AEJ also raised their hands showing they are holding hands too!  Look at her eyes! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

006-LET5-Cgy1hlc3qk4830j31h70tztdm.jpg

006m2-GXbgy1hlc3h0h3m5j31kw0w0tdq.jpg

P.S. they did have online voting. My Dearest fan club joined hands with My Demon fan club to help each other!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1
23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

They were being interviewed, Lee Se Young said last year she won with Lee Jun Ho, but now she has a new namja and is married and she held hands with Bae In Hyuk. Then the end, NGM and AEJ also raised their hands showing they are holding hands too!  Look at her eyes! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hahahah I am not watching live. Just some news from Naver and also videos posted on twitter.

I laughed when Lee SeYoung said what she did :laugh:

Poor King Injo. He won best character .He was so funny. Said he knew as Injo he'd be criticized but not this extent LOLOLO

23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

P.S. they did have online voting. My Dearest fan club joined hands with My Demon fan club to help each other!

Wahhhh....hard core!

My favourite OST sang live 

Rookie awards for Ryang Eum and Crown Prince

Rookie Awards for Jong-Jong

Spoiler

• Like 1