My Dearest/ Lovers 연인 [2023]

abs-oluteM

Sadly haven’t had the opportunity to watch this week’s episodes given that I am traveling. But the drama is doing really well ! 

Spoiler

Agreed with this one . The ending of eps 6 from spoilers

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I watched first episode. It started in 1659 and then 1636. That's 20 years apart. Why do I think the "crazy" person who is waiting for someone to come and fetch him/her is Gil Chae? I don't wish it to be her because her hair is all grey but from 1636 to 1659 is 20 years later and going through some challenging rough times might cause it. That person does look like a woman too from the back, and shaking in fear...

Then we see Jang Hyun in blood but his hair is all black. Is that still the same timeline though...? Looks like we'll have a sad ending. Yikes. I wish I am wrong.

I really like the bit where all the girls got together singing and dancing. The cinematography is beautiful with them in different coloured hanbok! The character set-up really reminds me of Gone with the Wind. Scarlett always has a way with the men and all the women hated her, except Melanie, and that's how Gil Chae is. Jang Hyun is just like Rhett Butler, mysterious and speaks his mind and likes hanging out with women.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle the first 2 episodes are fun and breezy but the real story will hit hard in eps 3. But the ratings just doubled once the war and angsty love line began ...so what does that tell you about local viewers? :laugh:

My most awaited OST

Yay!

Spoiler

Drama is also the top drama for that same period. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episodes 5 and 6 were melodrama perfection for me. The war & the separation raised the stakes and I found myself worried for the ladies as they did their best to escape and for JH as he infiltrated the enemy's camp. The scenes here were done quite brutally - this is no fluffy type fusion saguek. I am not sure how historically accurate the scenes are but this is a period in Joseon's history that I rarely see in historical dramas. Makes things more interesting.

GC continues to display the sort of character growth that endears her to me more & more. She hasn't  become a completely different person - there's still that princess syndrome that appears from time to time. But GC has grown and matured very quickly driven by the circumstances.  And it's through these tough moments that she has demonstrated the sort of leadership, decisiveness and wit that has saved the ladies over and over. She listened to JH who told her get to Ganghwa Island, and seized the opportunity to save the baby prince & used that as a "ticket" to get on the boat out of that place when the intruders came. She saved her maid Jong-jong by denying another child to board. This was probably the hardest thing to do and you could see how shaken she was. But any weaker person would not have been able to do it. 

I am also glad to see more layers to JH's already perfect anti establishment anti hero character. It has never been his intention to fight for the country unlike those naive scholars who are so loyal to their coward king. I don't blame JH for not being bothered. The king here hid himself while his people suffered. His entitled crown prince is no better. I loved it when JH made some sarcastic remarks to the CP and I was so angry when he threw something on JH's head. But still at the end of the day, it was clever JH that won their first battle and he ended up becoming a spy and went into the enemies camp. He has not suddenly become pro-monarchy of course,   but he did it because he knew the fates of his countrymen and that of Gil Chae somehow lied in his hands. 

The highlight of last weekend's episodes  were when GC and JH had scenes together; it was clear she is drawn to him. She may deny it but the man is foremost on her mind. :lenny:. I love that even in the middle of the war there were still moments they were able to banter. I chuckled at the scene where he carried every other lady across the river so that it won't seem awkward when he carried her. Yet he made it known to her that unlike the other ladies, carrying her was different because of his feelings for her. Swoon! Then he swore by the moonlight that he would find her wherever she is demonstrating his sincere feelings for her. Swoon!  Swoon!  JH was visibly affected in episode 6 when he thought she had been killed only to be so relived when he saw she was still alive. Despite fighting the infection in his body and exposing his cover, JH took up his sword to buy time for them to run. Swoon x 3! So you cannot imagine how happy and emotional I was when GC realising it was JH , turned back and ran to find him instead of escaping. The build up to that whole ending scene was just so good. 

Can't wait for eps 7 ! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM How come only you in here? I still haven't picked it back up, sorry to leave you alone here for now. Did he really contracted small pox? How can the other two be close to him like that if he really has small pox?

Looks like me only at the moment as most are waiting for part 2 to be closer before they start . But I cannot wait as my excitement is through the roof - I am sucker for this kind of heavy angsty Sageuks 🤣🤣.

I think he did contract it …will know for sure tonight. 

———

But OMG . Finally a NGM kiss scene . How long has it been 🥹🥹. This feels so bittersweet 

I think ratings will be very high tonight! 

• Haha 2

Quick recaps for eps 8. Eps 7 was such turning point and eps 8, the angst freaking exploded  :nervous:

Gil-chae Yu followed Jang-hyeon Lee as he left Simyang-gil to confirm her feelings for Jang-hyeon Lee once again. Gil-chae Yu was able to meet Jang-hyeon Lee, who was about to leave, thanks to Ku Gu-moo (Ji Seung-hyeon) giving her a ride. Gil-chae Yu was following the procession of those on the road to Shenyang, when he was noticed by barbarians. The barbarians tried to take Yu Gil-chae, and Lee Jang-hyeon saw it and fought the barbarian to save Yu Gil-chae.

To Gil-chae Yoo, Jang-hyeon Lee said, "Why are you always acting as you please? What if you get dragged away?" Gil-chae Yu retorted, "I'm going to say it. You took my lips without permission and left for Shenyang." Lee Jang-hyeon asked, "Is it because of your lips that you are angry or because of Shenyang?" Lee Jang-hyun jokingly replied, "Did you kiss me and fall for me? I knew I had a talent for that, but I thought it would be that much." In response, Gil-chae Yu said, "I'm crazy. A person as light as a feather" turned around. Lee Jang-hyun said, "Tell me what you came for and go."

When Yu Gil-chae explained the story of the dream, "Do you believe in dreams?" Lee Jang-hyeon did not understand. Then Gil-chae Yu asked, "When are you going to give me the flower shoes?" Lee Jang-hyun asked, "If I bring you flower shoes, what will you give me?" When Yoo Gil-chae asked, "What do you want to receive?" Lee Jang-hyun said, "There is only one thing I want. Your heart is only for me." Gil-chae Yu asked, "What do I believe in and give my heart to the young master who is foolish and mischievous in everything?"

Lee Jang-hyeon pointed a dagger at her, saying, "A woman is neither pure nor innocent. A woman who leaves room for a man with possessions can have a clean and white innocence. A worn-out man like me suits her well." Gil-chae Yu was furious and slapped Lee Jang-hyeon on the cheek and turned around. Lee Jang-hyun said to Yoo Gil-chae, "If you tell me that you will never think of Yeon-jun (Lee Hak-joo) again, I will turn my way to Shenyang even now. Just words are good. But if you promise me even words, I will", as if crying at the end of his words. However, Gil-chae Yu replied, "That can't be the case. Master Yeonjun is not someone who can be easily erased." Lee Jang-hyun said, "I really hate it. What the hell does Yeonjun Do-ryeong have and I don't have?" Soon after, Lee Jang-hyun said, "I will believe that you came to see me off with the excuse of flower shoes. I will buy flower shoes" and left.

Meanwhile, Nam Yeon-jun proposed to Kyung Eun-ae (played by Da-in Lee), saying, "Nangja, will you be my wife?" However, Kyung Eun-ae avoided her answer and left her. Recalling the moment when she was almost raped by barbarians, she felt pain. Kyung Eun-ae said, "I didn't show my inner self to an outsider, but I was caught by a barbarian. But, how to you, Yeonjun," Gil-chae Yu stopped Kyung Eun-ae and said, "You deserve to make Yeonjun happy. only," he said. In the end, Nam Yeon-jun and Kyung Eun-ae got married.

Gil-chae Yu said to herself, "The young boy in my dream had to be the young boy Yeonjun. However, I am not so sad when I realize that the young boy Yeonjun yearns for Eun-ae, not me. What has disappeared? What is new in my heart?" I started having doubts about love.

On the way to Shenyang, Lee Jang-hyeon stopped by Uiju to check the situation. Lee Jang-hyeon, who went to Shenyang, made a new board of supplies and sold them to barbarians. He heard rumors that Emperor Qing's confidant, Keel Dae (played by Choi Yeong-woo), had a competent Qing office in Joseon, and went to find him. The person facing the keel was Lee Jang-hyeon. The two people who had a one-sided ceremony exuded a strange tension. Keeldae said, "I thought you died because of small pox?" and doubted that Lee Jang-hyun was a traitor he had said he was  because he was alive. Lee Jang-hyeon lied, saying, "I became a prisoner of the Joseon Army. I was saved because I spoke of the Qing Dynasty well."  Keel did not believe him.

Nam Yeon-joon spoke the right words to KIng In-jo, who was angry with his servants for different reasons. King Injo tried to send Nam Yeon-joon to the post of Minister of the Qing Dynasty, but Nam Yeon-jun refused. Injo was enraged and imprisoned Nam Yeon-jun for the crime of great disrespect.

Hong Taiji (played by Kim Joon-won) called Lee Jang-hyeon. Taiji Hong looked at Lee Jang-hyeon with an attitude as if he knew everything, saying to Jang-hyeon Lee, "You were taken prisoner and became a prisoner? Are you the one who spread the rumor that Mama is circulating?" In an instant, tension rose.

Yu Gil-chae went to check the belongings of the dead sent from Shenyang and found that Lee Jang-hyeon had her own red ribbon and flower shoes. That night, in her dream, Yu Gil-chae confirmed the face of the man of her destiny. She was Lee Jang-hyun. Yu Gil-chae woke up from the dream and shed tears. The next day, Yu Gil-chae grabbed the clothes he had worn while alive and recalled the superstition that if you shout his name three times, that person would return, and cried out three times for Lee Jang-hyeon.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Some amazing acting here in some of these scenes:

MBC did a highlight of important scenes. Most important is that GC realises who it is that is in her heart

Another epic ending this time with AEJ's excellent acting

Preview. She thinks he is dead. Keep seeing in her dreams. She says we will meet later...:nervous:

• Like 2

I watched episode 2. Was distracted so full attention is not there, but know enough what has happened. The singing scene was really nice and captiviting. The 60th anniversary celebration is so sweet too, except I fear the drama will break my heart by showing me this loving old couple is soon to die in the war. I didn't realise we'll get scenes of the Manchurians, and surprised I'm suddenly seeing some Chinese Qing royal costume. So soon they are already going to war.

@abs-oluteM Was it ever mentioned whether the old couple is Jang Hyun's somebody? I just the old man is grumpy from episode 1 and he isn't nice to anybody but he welcomed Jang Hyun and even fed him.

It was hard agreeing with Gil Chae's crush on Yeon Joon. If the actor is much more charming/handsome, maybe I'll be more convinced. 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle are not related to him . They just serve him / work for him as he sets up home in that village. 

As to YJ , I don’t mind the actor playing him though he isn’t my type 🤣🤣.. But if you watch further, it’s his character/ personality that bothers me .

• Like 2

Very much enjoyed the first two episodes. Namgoong Min and Ahn Eun-jin are a barrel of laughs. They are so funny together and apart.

The Gone with the Wind comparisons are right on the money. Wow... yeah Rhett and Scarlet... absolutely. The other couple are definitely Ashley and Melanie. 

The storyline is really good taking full advantage of the geopolitical situation. Right up my alley.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I'm only up to ep 3 but this scene has some heat. Poor NGM, did he really carry all those women lol?

I really wouldn't mind it hahaha!

On 8/28/2023 at 10:25 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Am excited but also conflicted that she may be GC’s competition for JH’s affections. First world problems 🤣🤣. When all the actors you like are in the same drama ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

'm only up to ep 3 but this scene has some heat. Poor NGM, did he really carry all those women lol?

Yes he did. The film making was hilarious...by the time he had to carry Gil Chae he had a back ache and she was feeling so bad for him. :laugh:

This film making is so funny too.  For eps 7 & 8

This is very cute too. Gen X vs a millennial here but surprisingly has quite similar answers. 

• Haha 1

@40somethingahjumma Errrr but the 2nd half of Gone With The Wind  worries me. Reading how the story panned out for the leads in GWTW, I'd rather the show not follow that too closely. :psweatduck:

--------------------------

I love this show ...my favourite at the moment. Not just for the romance, but I think the politics and personal growth of the main characters are done well. Gil Chae's arc in particular is the one that got me most invested. We saw how she lead the ladies and used her wit to get them out of trouble several times during the war.  Even now post war, we see that she's no longer the same frivolous Gil Chae that we were introduced to. The moment she realised that she wasn't sad seeing YJ proposed to EA , and when she assured EA that she was worthy of YJ, I felt like she has matured further. It was cruel of her to tell JH that YJ is not someone she could forget easily, but I appreciate her being honest. JH and GC's love story is a slow burn but given the circumstances, I can understand why it took so long for GC to realise her feelings for him. Thinking that he's dead, she is of course filled with regret but the greater the pain the sweeter it will be when then reunite.

There will be more growth for GC as she has to support the family by running a blacksmith in the preview. From the written preview , JH will return to Hanyang and they will meet at an unexpected place. 

• Clapping Hands 1

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@40somethingahjumma Errrr but the 2nd half of Gone With The Wind  worries me. Reading how the story panned out for the leads in GWTW, I'd rather the show not follow that too closely. :psweatduck:

Have you ever seen Gone With the Wind? It's a classic for a reason. I don't think the show will follow GWTW's trajectory completely although the parallels are quite compelling at this point. Gil-chae and Scarlett are slightly different partly and also Yeon-jun is different to Ashley. So far. Moreover the geopolitical baggage highlights some of the country's systemic weaknesses. It has all the ingredients for compelling storytelling.

I've finished 5 episodes at this point and I'm so impressed with the script. It's definitely one of the best sageuk's I've ever seen. So far the show hasn't done a single thing wrong and the pacing is excellent. It's a slow burn without feeling like one. It's a fantastic show and the production values are absolutely top tier.

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma I have not seen GWTW . I only read the synopsis & the 2nd half is the part that concerns me. It seems like Scarlett never really quite got over Ashley even after she got married . I think so far after eps 7 & 8 of this show, I feel quite confident that it’s not the case with Gil Chae . But I await your input if you think the same . 

Anyway, I love what you wrote about the show here on your blog . Link here: 

https://open.substack.com/pub/40somethingahjumma/p/my-dearest-2023-first-impressions?r=ot4zf&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

——-

Lee Chung Ah .❤️❤️

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Spoiler recaps for eps 9

While Gil-chae Yu mourned that Jang-hyeon  was dead, he  survived. Emperor Qin (Keeldae) (played by Choi Yeong-woo) ordered Jang-hyeon to catch the escaped Joseon prisoners if he wanted to live.  Jang-hyeon, who survived because he agreed , was worried, but eventually went out with Yang-eum (Kim Yun-woo) and Gu-jam (Park Kang-seop) to catch the escaped prisoners. Jang-hyun feeling guilty said, "I'm a rogue in the first place," and he tried to appease the barbarians, including the Emperor.

Gil-chae  had to find a way to live. She had no food, so she had to sell even the belongings of  Eun-ae (Lee Da-in)'s mother. She could only exchange  that for a few grains, and in the process he met Won Mu (the general soldier whom she thought saved them from the barbarians) . He bought  Gil-chae a meal, and Gil-chae thought of an idea to make money by helping to revive his blacksmith shop.

Gil-chae decided to make prayer bowls. Hearing that bowls and farm tools had been made in the past at  Wonmu's blacksmith, she thought of the noblemen who were worried about ancestral rites because even these bowls were taken away by the war. Knowing that the value of some coins had declined, Gil-chae Yu bought the those coins with a cotton cloth borrowed from WonMu . Then she started to make these bowls at WonMu's blacksmith. She found a way to make a living with to support her family.

Lee Jang-hyun missed Yoo Gil-chae. Lee Jang-hyeon captured the escaped Joseon prisoners and sent them to the Emperor .  Lee Jang-hyeon went to the courtesan house -  drank and suffered. While drunk, he sees  Gil-chae in his imagination. Lee Jang-hyeon said that he couldn't really stay alive, and he relied on alcohol.

Crown Prince Sohyeon (played by Kim Moo-jun) called  Jang-hyeon and scolded him. He referred to the incident with the Qin Emperor and pointed out those who blamed the incompetence of the king and the court.  Jang-hyeon said, “The war did not happen because the king and the court were incompetent and weak,” and he told them how to deal with barbarians. Crown Prince Sohyeon gained enlightenment from Lee Jang-hyeon's words and changed his attitude towards the emperor.

Another trial befell Gil-chae. He asked Park Dae (played by Park Jin-woo) to sell her hard-made bowls, and all the family members were looking forward to the money they will earn. However, while Park Dae was on his way to sell the bowls, he was met by bandits and the bowls were taken away. WonMu saved Gil-chae from being threatened.

Gil-cha  tried to sell even the one remaining bowl, and Eun-ae even added the bowl left for her father's ancestral rites. Gil-chae went to sell the bowls herself and received accessories instead of rice. Yu Gil-chae, who went to the store with her jewelry, asked what the people of Qing Dynasty wanted to buy instead of the price of the accessory.

And when she heard that they were interested to buy dried ginger, she started doing business with barbarians. It was something that came up while remembering a conversation she had with Jang-hyun in the past. Gil-chae  gained trust from customers  with her extraordinary business skills and continued to work with the blacksmiths. She was successful enough to eat rice and wear nice clothes, and she took care of her sick father and her family. And Gil-chae often shed tears as she remembered Lee Jang-hyeon.

Lee Jang-hyeon continued to approach the Qin Emperor. He bribed and curried him. At the same time, Khan said that he would allow Crown Prince Sohyeon to go to Joseon to visit Injo (played by Kim Jong-tae) who is unwell.  Jang-hyeon smiled, thinking that he could go to Joseon and meet Gil-chae.

At the same time, Gil-chae Yu became close to WonMu.  They spent a lot time eating together, and her younger sister  Yoo Young-chae (played by Park Eun-woo) also asked about the relationship between the two. Nevertheless,  Gil-chae was unable to erase Jang-hyeon from her heart. WonMu  proposed to Gil-chae, “Please marry me,” and Gil-chae Yoo laughed, saying, “It’s been a while.”  WonMu knows that Gil-chae has Jang-hyeon in her heart and says painfully, "Isn't that person already dead?"

In the meantime,  Jang-hyeon returned to Joseon with Crown Prince Sohyeon. He had the 'flower shoes' he had promised to Gil-chae. Gil-chae  thinks of what happened with  Jang-hyeon, and shed tears, telling him not to come any more. She said she would enjoy his natural life and go slowly, she said see you next time. 

Jang-hyeon was thrilled at the thought of meeting her, not knowing that Gil-chae thought that he was dead. While he was looking for Gil-chae, he witnessed Ham Jin's father going to Gil-chae's house. And he was shocked to see Gil-chae appearing as a new bride. Gil-chae also saw Lee Jang-hyeon who had returned, and the two met each other's affectionate gaze. 

Preview eps 10

Actually she was engaged to be married to Won Mu. JH will clear the misunderstanding between them and proposes to her and ask them to leave together. GC please make the right choice!!!

Spoiler

• Like 1

I just finished watching episode 3. The Gone with the Wind reference is so strong. I almost thought Gil Chae will marry Soon Yak out of spite, because that's what Scarlett did. But luckily we have cultural differences, so both Eun Ae and Gil Chae's marriage did not happen.

The scene that stood out for me in this episode was after Gil Chae slaps Jang Hyun. There was no expression on him, but yet I felt some emotion, almost like a bit of heartache on his behalf.

So we are now at episode 10 this week and it will stop? Ok, then I can take it slow (I hope) and start watching.

• Clapping Hands 1

Eps 10 spoiler recaps :nervous:

On this day, the narrative of Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) and Goon-mu (Ji Seung-hyeon) was portrayed. Gu Won-moo was in love with Yu Gil-chae, who was tough, but lived energetically and never lost her smile. However, Yoo Gil-chae pushed away Won-moo time and again.

The reason why Yoo Gil-chae opened her heart to him later was largely due to her father, Yu Gyo-yeon (Oh Man-seok). Gu Won-mu took care of Yu Gyo-yeon, who was afraid of barbarians and who who was bullied by people on the street. After seeing this, Yoo Gil-chae believed that Lee Jang-hyeon (Nam Goong Min) was dead and eventually accepted Goo Won-moo's marriage proposal.

Before the wedding, Yu Gil-chae happened to run into Liang-eum (Kim Yun-woo). Ryang Eum knew about the marriage of Yu Gil-chae and Gu Won-mu. Yoo Gil-chae cried, saying, “How did Master Jang Hyeon end up like that? He must have committed some serious sin… so it wasn’t very painful when he died, right?” Even though Ryang Eum knew everything, he remained silent. (So RE has been the one to trick her) 

Crown Prince Sohyeon (Kim Mu-jun) has returned to Joseon. However, King Injo (Kim Jong-tae) suspected that Crown Prince Sohyeon was plotting treason. Lee Jang-hyeon noticed the dark intentions of Injo.

However, Lee Jang-hyeon happened to meet Yoo Gil-chae on her wedding day. Lee Jang-hyun, who came back loaded with the flower shoes he had been hoping to give her , was shocked after seeing Yoo Gil-chae about to get married.

Lee Jang-hyun found out that Yoo Gil-chae's wedding partner was Gu Won-mu. Lee Jang-hyun confessed that he was the one who fought 17 to 1 to save Yoo Gil-chae and his group on Ganghwa Island. However, Yoo Gil-chae said, "Foolishly, I trusted you. I believed the words you told me that you would not forget, the words you asked me to remember. But why did you forget me? Because Shenyang women and Joseon women have different interests. Did you completely forget me because you were playing tricks on me?” she cried.

In response, Lee Jang-hyeon said, "I have never forgotten you. Not even once," but Yu Gil-chae said, "Then you should have told me. You should have told me not to wait, miss you because you have forgotten about me for a long time. I don't even know that. I thought you were dead,” she said. Only then did Lee Jang-hyeon realize that Yoo Gil-chae had mistaken his death due to Ryang Eum's lies.

Ryang-eum said to Lee Jang-hyeon, who criticized him, "That woman is sinister. I would rather you meet another woman. You almost died because of that woman. That woman is someone who will hurt you and make you miserable in the end. I can't stand it anymore. The other man…” he said. When Lee Jang-hyeon got angry and said, "Who the hell do you think you are? " Ryang Eum replied, "I don't regret it. I'll do the same thing if I go back."

Yu Gil-chae, who was already about to get married, said coldly, "It's over. It's already over. If Ham comes, it's already a done deal." Lee Jang-hyun said, "It doesn't matter anymore. It doesn't matter what you think, whether you're hiding Nam Yeon-jun (Lee Hak-ju) in your heart or whether you have a partner to marry. "

However, Yoo Gil-chae's eyes turned red, saying, "This is Lee Jang-hyun. He does whatever he wants, whenever he wants." Lee Jang-hyun suggested Yu Gil-chae to leave, saying, “Give me just one chance,” and “I will prepare a ship.”

Yu Gil-chae was troubled. Lee Jang-hyun went to Yoo Gil-chae again and held out his hand, saying, "If you can be happy with someone other than me, I will go back. If you want a man other than me, I will never regret it again. But if not, let's go together." It was. He added, "If I don't hold your hand now, I will leave and never appear in front of you again."

To this, Yoo Gil-chae said, "It's still the same. Did you think that I would be scared if I couldn't see you? You're always like this. With that arrogant tongue, you teased me, made me restless, made me wait, and teased me. I wonder how I felt every time. “Have you thought about it?” he chuckled. Lee Jang-hyun said, "She's a woman who gets bored when she gets her hands on anything. Why did she hold on to Yeonjun for so long? It was because he was a man who couldn't be caught. Isn't that right? I also thought that if I got caught easily, you would get bored right away. So I made up my mind. I will become a man who cannot be caught,” he replied.

Yu Gil-chae sobbed, "I was here. I never left for a moment. I was missing and waiting for you every day." Lee Jang-hyun shed tears, saying, “Did you miss me too? Did you wait for me?” But Yoo Gil-chae said, “Not anymore. I don’t even have to wait anymore. I don't even miss it. I will hate you for the rest of my life. I will hate you until I die. You can cry and wait like me and then wither away,” she poured out.

At that moment, Wonmu headed towards where the two people were. Gyeong Eun-ae (Lee Da-in), who noticed this, caught his footsteps and said, “Commissioner , everyone is looking for you.” However, Goon-mu found Yu Gil-chae's flower shoes that had fallen there. He misunderstood that Yoo Gil-chae was kidnapped.

Lee Jang-hyeon and Yoo Gil-chae ran away together. So the two ended up spending their first night at an inn. When the inn owner suspected the two of running away late at night, Yu Gil-chae said, “This is my husband.” Lee Jang-hyun smiled alone after hearing this. Lee Jang-hyeon confessed, " My body is yours, my mind is yours, and my heart is yours too."

Gu Won-moo misunderstood that Yoo Gil-chae had been kidnapped and set out to find her. A police officer said to Gu Won-mu, “The bride was very surprised to see a man on her wedding day.” Nam Yeon-jun informed Gu Won-moo of Lee Jang-hyun's existence. Guwonmu said, "You know. According to the laws of the country, it is not a crime for a husband to kill a man who has committed adultery with his wife. Since the gifts  has already been sent, Gilchae is the same as my wife. If it is true that Gilchae followed him, that man will be killed. “And the lady…” he said and ran out. Gu Won-mu took Yu Gyo-yeon hostage.

Jang-hyeon Lee and Gil-chae Yoo were visited by Jong-jong and Eun-ae.  Eun-ae relays the news that Gu Won-mu is looking for Yu Gil-chae. She added, “Leave the cleanup to me.”

The two were caught by Wonmu's siege. Accordingly, Lee Jang-hyeon went out alone to rescue the boat. Yu Gil-chae headed back to the village to say goodbye to her father, Yu Gyo-yeon.  Gil-chae met her father and said her last greetings.

Jang-hyeon waited for Yoo Gil-chae at the ferry port. Yu Gil-chae encountered Gu Won-mu there. Leaving him behind, Yoo Gil-chae headed towards Lee Jang-hyeon. Yoo Gil-chae recalled Yoo Gyo-yeon saying, “Our Gil-chae, you’ve had a hard time. Don’t worry about your father anymore.”

The next morning, Gu Won-mu visited Yu Gil-chae’s house. There he found Yu Gil-chae's shoes. Yoo Gil-chae said to Gu Won-mu, "What are you doing so early? Since you're here, eat breakfast and then leave." Yu Gil-chae, who eventually turned her back on the idea of abandoning her  father, ultimately chose Wonmu.

Lee Jang-hyeon, who had been anxiously waiting for Yu Gil-chae, returned to the village. Jang-hyun, who saw Yoo Gil-chae smiling at Gu Won-mu there, eventually turned away with tears in his eyes.

Jang Jong-yi came to Jang-hyeon Lee and handed a box to him from Gil-chae. Locked inside was a letter and the gift from Lee Jang-hyeon, . Yu Gil-chae said, "It is true that I was shaken for a moment, but I do not trust or love you enough to abandon everything and follow you. If you still have a short affection for me, please forget everything about me."

Two years later, in Shenyang, Lee Jang-hyeon was with a mysterious woman (Lee Cheong-ah). A strange current flowed between the woman wearing blue clothes, a bamboo hat, and a mask covering her face, and Lee Jang-hyeon.

• Like 1

JH and GC moments...I understand why GC can't just leave. Who in their right mind would leave their mentally unsound father and defenseless siblings. GC was going to go with JH but how can she abandon her family. Urgghhh... I wish JH could have understood that. 

• Like 1