My Dearest/ Lovers 연인 [2023]

abs-oluteM

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle the original synopsis says that she was almost married twice. I don’t know if that is changed. I assumed the 1st one before the war when she got engaged to that guy who died.  Then this one towards the end of Part 1 will be the 2nd. Her hair looks set in a way as if she is married though. Funny story- AEJ said in a recently aired variety that even her parents in their family group chat wants to know if GC will get married 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

But it didn't take long for our leads to be breathing the same air :D...She got abducted and sent to Shenyang where he is. Apparently it is because she was helping some prisoner.

Why is GC's life so hard? Preview:

JH: It's my responsibility to hold out and protect her till the end

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

My biggest take away as I watched eps 11 was that all the so called grey characters like our 9 tailed fox GC , or supposedly man about town Jang Hyun or even the JH's friend the brothel owner had way more guts and humanity. Seeing them risk their own lives to help others while the King is kind of useless as he just depends on the CP to keep relations with the Qin people as rosy as possible. Some Joseon folks didn't bat an eye lid tipping off the officials when they saw the POWs who were originally their own people just for a bit of money.  I have such a bad feeling that these dangerous things that JH is doing help the prisoners of war is what will lead to him getting caught & maybe dying. ( At times I feel a little pessimistic about a happy end for this show).

I read a lot of interesting comments ( local viewers)  about GC being  adulterous just because she and JH were kissing , and then she decided to marry Won Moo. I mean like why not start part 2 with more GC hate just like Part 1 eh? I mean what do they expect a woman of her time to do. Marriage isn't always about love in those times - she had to survive. Plus part of her felt guilty and grateful to Won Moo. But then after today's episode , seeing all that GC had to go through, they are back to being Team GC. LOL...

I had gone through the cuts for eps 12...what was painful to watch was Won Moo not trusting GC enough. Thinking that she had run away. Even when Ryang Eum came with the little boy to tell him that GC was indeed abducted, he didn't quite believe. It was only towards the end when he saw her blood written note that he realised he had wrongly doubted her. If this was JangHyun he would have gone off to find GC the second he knew she was missing. 

Anyway another really stressful episode of seeing GC being tortured and almost losing her life. This woman cannot catch a break. From the war till now, she's never had a peaceful period and never could follow her heart where JH was concerned. But what I love about her is her resilience , her wit , her will to survive. She let herself be "frisked" so that she can have Jong Jong ride the cart - tell me which master does that for their servant? She quickly tried to learn the new language hoping to find favour with the WangYa  for survival sake. Then when she realised she was going to have to be his concubine and sleep with him , she broke the vase on her head to "soil" herself. 

Of course like all My Dearest iconic endings, we just have to have JH saving GC in a life and death situation as she gets chased by slave hunters. 

Eps 12 highlight scenes

Preview eps 13

• Like 1

Ugh, @abs-oluteM, I was so happy the war ended! Episode 11 was hard to watch—of the bit where the women were tortured. Jang Hyun didn't know, but it's not exactly a great idea sending them back to Joseon either, since we know from history, life was just as they weren't welcome. I also feel sick seeing the Concubine torturing those women. Chinese invented some very cruel punishments throughout the dynasties, and Qin made it famous in using them most frequently. 😣

Doesn't it seem impossible that Jang Hyun kept all the prisoners of war in his backyard, and that Manchurian guy didn't know about it for this long? How will Jang Hyun recuperate his wealth? Has he recuperated his wealth through other channels? Hasn't it been 2 years since he separated from Gil Chae?

What's all that criticism about Gil Chae? Is that on social media?

As Won Moo, I can't say I am surprised. It's quite typical. Driven by insecurity and “knowing” that that person loved someone else. Even when that person didn't do something, but everything she does, he suspect and doubt. Sometimes it's best not to know.

I haven't watched episode 12 yet.

• Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How will Jang Hyun recuperate his wealth? Has he recuperated his wealth through other channels? Hasn't it been 2 years since he separated from Gil Chae?

He’s a resourceful man , so I don’t think this would be a problem. He was still helping the Qin folks source for things - from tiger skin , to writing paper etc. You can be sure he’ll make a nice cut from it all. Actually here is where he & GC are also similar- both are very entrepreneurial & good at making money .

BUT you are right , how did he keep these prisoners without getting found out. The only logical explanation is that he’ll tell the Qin folks these are slaves he’s buying to sell . I believe he sends whoever who wishes to go back to Joseon. 

Sadly the horrors of the war didn’t stop in Part 1 . The cruelty of the Qin people are even worse in Eps 12 especially with GC’s scenes . 😭😭.

What's all that criticism about Gil Chae? Is that on social media?

This is the local audience- k netz on Naver chat & some of the social med handles. They say how can she kiss JH one day , marry Woon Mu another day . They see it as adultery 🙄. Some are like they are just watching the show for NGM as he’s carrying the show .I’m like what ? AEJ is superb here - shallow comments that cannot differentiate character & actress . Then after seeing her ordeal & resilience in Eps 12, change of tune . This happened in Part 1 too . They didn’t like the frivolous GC and some said AEJ not suited for historical. Next thing you know after the war episodes, they think she’s amazing. What a finicky audience 😵

International audience on the other hand , love her . 

• Insightful 1

Summary recaps for Ep 13. The sort of trauma that GC goes through, I don't think I would be able to survive it.:

On this day, the Joseon prisoners succeeded in escaping by pretending to be fake mothers. Yoo Gil-chae also took advantage of this and ran away with Jong-yi (Park Jeong-yeon) with all her might.

However, at that moment, captive hunters appeared and Yu Gil-chae faced a crisis. The moment Gak-hwa (Lee Cheong-ah) aimed at Yoo Gil-chae, Lee Jang-hyeon appeared and stopped her.

When Gak-hwa said angrily, “Are you disturbing me?” Jang-hyeon Lee slyly replied, “I’m sorry. I’m still not good at archery.” Gakhwa then asked Lee Janghyun, “What is your identity?” Lee Jang-hyun turned around and said, "Well, there's no need to tell the person whose face is covered with a mask about my identity. See you next time. Somehow, I think I'll be sad if I can't see you anymore."

Yu Gil-chae and Jong-yi were eventually recaptured while running away to the cliff. GC stopped some the girls from killing themselves before that as the ladies were worried about being defiled . GC and JJ were eventually separated by the slave masters.

Lee Jang-hyun reunited with Gak-hwa. Gakhwa's true identity was the princess. Gak-hwa said to Lee Jang-hyeon, “Now that you’ve seen my face, can you tell me your identity?” When Lee Jang-hyeon asked, "So, what did you do while wearing a mask and capturing prisoners?" Gak-hwa asked, "Yes, it's me. Now tell me. What did you do when you captured the prisoners?"

Lee Jang-hyeon responded, “General Yonggoldae entrusted me with the task of catching runaway Korean prisoners, so I just followed the general’s orders,” and whispered in Korean, “You’re annoying.”

At that moment, Gakhwa said in Korean, "Are you bothered? Are you really going to bother me? Why? Are you surprised? I know the Korean language and the Korean people very well. If you lie to me one more time, I will cut out your tongue. So tell me, what did you do when you took the prisoners?” she asked again.

Lee Jang-hyeon replied, “Please ask General Yonggoldae directly where the person who took care of his personal life came from.” Gakhwa smiled and said, “I heard there is a snake-like Joseon interpreter who takes care of the royal family’s interests, and that person is you. They say that through you, I can get the things I need from the imperial palace faster than anyone else.”

When Lee Jang-hyeon asked, “Do you need anything?” Gak-hwa replied, “There is one. Give me your time.”

At the same time, Woon Moo (Ji Seung-hyun) headed to Shenyang to rescue Yu Gil-chae. However, Yu Gil-chae was not even on the list of prisoners. Gu Won-mu was shocked after witnessing the stark reality of Korean prisoners of war in Shenyang.

Gak-hwa told Lee Jang-hyeon his heroic story and chuckled, "Ordinary men stutter in front of me or can't make eye contact." Lee Jang-hyeon smiled while listening to Gak-hwa's words and recalling memories with Yoo Gil-chae. Regarding this, Lee Jang-hyun added, "I don't know how long it has been since I laughed like this."

The two people tilted their tea cups together. Gakhwa said, “Your Majesty is becoming more and more reluctant to see women going out. You tell me to crack down on the women of the kingdom, so I’m bored and go on a prisoner hunt.” She added, “I mean, even if my country loses the war, I’m dead. “I can’t become a prisoner. It seems too insignificant to me to be anxious to live as a prisoner,” she said.

Lee Jang-hyun, who heard this, replied bitterly, "It looks like you've never experienced something that didn't go your way in your life. There are things in the world that don't go your way. No matter how much you promise and promise, you can't guarantee. That's the kind of thing."

Gakhwa chuckled, “I thought all Joseon people were one of two things. Either they were afraid of us, calling us barbarians, or they were safe, thinking we were barbarians. But strangely, you weren’t afraid, and it didn’t seem like you were ignoring us either.” Lee Jang-hyeon said, “How could I ignore someone so beautiful and intelligent?”

In response, Gakhwa pulled Lee Janghyeon and kissed him. Lee Jang-hyun pushed Gak-hwa away, but he kissed her again. Lee Jang-hyun comforted Gak-hwa by saying, “It’s outside.” Gakhwa said, "Then let's go inside. You, too, will wait on me for bed. Since the imperial family has Joseon maids serve as bed attendants, I will also have to have a Joseon man serve as bed attendant." In response, Lee Jang-hyeon retreated, saying, "First of all, I am not a prisoner of war, nor am I a servant of the imperial palace. If a worthless Joseon interpreter like me gets involved with the emperor, my head will be cut off. Please spare this guy's life."

Guwonmu returned to Joseon. But he was alone. Earlier, after hearing the barbarian's taunt, "It's already been sold. Please tell me where it was sold? I'm sure he's tired of tasting manly things by now," he got angry and threw a punch, and was eventually kicked out after being beaten. Accordingly, Gyeong Eun-ae (Lee Da-in) showed her determination to find Yoo Gil-chae herself. After seeing this, Liang-eum (Kim Yun-woo) ended up on the Shenyang road.

Gak-hwa called Lee Jang-hyeon again. Gakhwa asked, “I know you’re not afraid of anything, but seeing you come when I tell you to come, doesn’t that mean you don’t like me?” Lee Jang-hyeon responded, “When I see Your Majesty, sometimes I think of someone else.”

Gakhwa again ordered Lee Janghyeon to attend to the bed. In response, Lee Jang-hyun said, “I can give you my body, but I cannot give you my heart.” When Gak-hwa asked, “Do you have a woman?” Lee Jang-hyeon said with a sad smile, “Yes, she abandoned me and married someone else. Didn’t I tell you? No matter how much you promise and promise, there are some things that don’t work out like your heart.”

Yu Gil-chae found out late that Gu Won-mu had visited. However, she was frustrated that after hearing that she had been sold, he so quickly returned. Lee Jang-hyeon appeared in front of Yu Gil-chae, who was losing her vitality. Yu Gil-chae hid himself in case Lee Jang-hyeon saw him. Although Lee Jang-hyeon thought of Yoo Gil-chae, he could not find her.

Yoo Gil-chae, who was imprisoned, recalled Lee Jang-hyun fanning himself and whispered, "I guess he still has a fever." Next, Yoo Gil-chae, who dreamed of Lee Jang-hyeon coming to save her, shed tears alone.

Ryung Eum came to Lee Jang-hyeon. He said, “I came because I have something to say.” RE then said to Lee Jang-hyeon, "I didn't come to see you," but added, "Gilchae Ae-gi, or rather Mr. Yu's wife, is in Shenyang."

Yu Gil-chae was brought back to the captive market. Janghyun Lee was there. Yu Gil-chae shed tears, saying, “I keep seeing things in vain.” However, even when I closed my eyes again, Janghyun Lee was there in front of me. Only then did Yu Gil-chae realize that everything was real.

Lee Jang-hyeon pushed away the barbarians and ran out to stand in front of Yu Gil-chae. Lee Jang-hyun knelt in front of the captive Yoo Gil-chae and shed tears, asking, “Why on earth?”

:cry:

• Like 1

The best part is the last part, LOL

I've to say I find each episode too long. The OTP kept missing out on one another. I'm not particularly interested in the politics, either. Every scene of the Manchurians torturing/bullying Joseon people or Joseon men giving up on their wives is hard to watch and kind of makes your blood boil.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM 👆🏻 her cameo is more than a cameo now. I wasn't expecting her to be a third wheel in the OTP relationship.

But it will be one sided all the way. LCA does have a character write up on IMBC...

autotranslated

Spoiler

F89epxYawAIBVPS?format=jpg&name=large

Pre-released...

JH: Let's go ...

• Like 1

Loved today's episode. Recaps of Ep 14

On this day, as soon as Jang Hyeon heard from Rang Eum (Kim Yun-woo) that “Gilchae Ae-gi, or rather Mrs. Yoo, is in Shenyang. " JH immediately headed to the Poro Market, but was nowhere to be seen. Jang Hyeon wanted to think that Rang Eum had made a mistake, but he ended up discovering Yu Gil Chae there.

Yoo Gil-chae shed tears on seeing Jang Hyeon's face, saying, "I keep seeing things these days," and then she realized that it was not an illusion but reality. Jang Hyun went straight to Yoo Gil-chae and shouted in frustration, “Why on earth?” Even though it was difficult for him to control his body after being hit on the head, Jang Hyeon reached out to Yoo Gil-chae.

Jang Hyeon opened his eyes and heard the story of Yu Gil-chae, who had been through hardships. Gujam (Park Kang-seop) sets out to find Jong-yi (Park Jeong-yeon), who has been sold somewhere else.

Yu Gil-chae left the prison again and entered the room. Jang Hyeon said, “You should have lived a good life, bragging about it,” and added, “More than that, why you didn’t look for me? "  But Yoo Gil-chae said, “Why should I look for you ? We have nothing to do with each other,” she replied.

Yoo Gil-chae said with a feeling of despair, "Did you pay money to that scoundrel to buy me tonight? Even if you show me a favor, you can't do anything for me. It's a burden." Jang Hyun couldn't take his eyes off the scar on Yoo Gil-chae's face and left, saying, "No. I can't do it your way this time. I'll have to do it my way." 

Jang Hyeon drew a knife at a merchant at the Poro Market who refused to sell Yu Gil-chae. The captive merchant released all the prisoners as ordered, and Jang Hyeon headed to Yu Gil-chae. Jang Hyun extended his hand to Yu Gil-chae, saying, “Let’s go.”

Jang Hyeon and Yoo Gil-chae sat with a door in between them. Jang Hyeon said to himself, "I don't know where it went wrong. When you abandoned me..." and then reassured Yu Gil-chae, saying, "Don't worry."

Spoiler

As morning came, Jang Hyeon brought the silk clothes he had brought from Joseon, but Yu Gil-chae was gone. The merchant reported that each member of the royal family had purchased Yu Gil-chae. Jang Hyeon went straight to Gak Hwa. Jang Hyeon offered to rescue her other maid, but Gak Hwa took her time, saying, "It's not like you. Since you are so desperate, I don't want to let her go anymore. How about we raise that woman to Her Majesty?"

Gak-hwa asked GC, “Joseon lovers value fidelity, so why didn’t you die? Didn’t you have courage?” and Yoo Gil-chae said, “What does it matter to you whether I die or not? There is someone who tried to save me. Even if it was only because of that person, I stubbornly try to live for him. I will live. If you kill me, he won’t leave you alone,” she replied. Gak-hwa understood everything Yu Gil-chae said, and after beating her,  made her work.

Yongoldae (Choi Young-woo) put pressure on Crown Prince Sohyeon (Kim Mu-jun). Jang Hyeon asked Crown Prince Sohyeon to help repatriate Yu Gil-chae to Joseon in return for resolving this issue. Also told the CP that it was GC who had saved his son during the war time.

Gu Won-moo (Ji Seung-hyun) refused Nam Yeon-jun (Lee Hak-ju) who wanted to go looking for Yoo Gil-chae, saying, "What would someone think if they heard that another man was going to look for my wife? I will send someone." Kyeong-eun-ae (Lee Da-in) says that her Yoo Gil-chae saved her own life and she sheds tears because she misses her.

Yu Gil-chae, who was presented to Emperor Hee-hae by Gakhwa, said, "I learned the Qing language because I wanted to speak to your Majesty. I am not a runaway prisoner, but I was kidnapped and taken from Joseon, please save the Joseon women who were unjustly taken from Joseon."

However, the emperor again entrusted the treatment of Yu Gil-chae to Gak-hwa. Jang Hyeon went to Gak Hwa, got on his knees and asked her to punish him instead, and Gak Hwa suggested that they 'hunt for their lives'. Jang Hyeon smiled at Liang Eum, who stopped him, saying, “If something goes wrong with my wife, I will die.”

Yu Gil-chae was able to leave the palace after hearing the order to leave Shenyang immediately without meeting Jang Hyeon. Gak-hwa called Lee Jang-hyeon and said, “We are going to hunt prisoners,” and pointed to Yu Gil-chae, who was heading to Joseon. Gakhwa started the game by saying, "Whoever catches that prisoner first wins. If you win, I will return the woman. Instead, you will die. If I win, that woman will work as my maid for the rest of her life. Do you think I can't kill you?"\

Jang Hyeon ran out, calling Yu Gil-chae from afar. Jang Hyeon ran to Yoo Gil-chae, who did not want to meet him, shouting, "Gil Chae," but Gak-hwa rode a horse and shot an arrow at Lee Cheong-ah, threatening her life. In the end, Jang Hyeon fell down after being hit by Lee Cheong-ah's bow instead of Yoo Gil-chae, shedding tears and saying, "I won. It's enough now."

Gak-hwa looked at the fallen Jang-hyeon and did not understand, saying, “Are you risking your life just because of that woman?” Gak-hwa released Yu Gil-chae, saying, “Just wait and see. Someday Lee Jang-hyeon will be mine.”

2023102123072349992_l.jpg

What a scene seeing JH try to outrun the horse!

Spoiler

• Like 1

Goo Won Moo told Yeon Joon what others would think if another man is looking for his wife. Then proceeded to tell Yeon Joon, he's already sent someone. Um, isn't that contradictory? Or, the person he sent is a woman? Or, this is a man too, but a servant man? And that made a difference? I don't know. I don't think I comprehend at this point. Of course, the more pressing question is: Did he send someone?

I really wonder how they are going to clean up the entanglement of Goo Won Moo and Gil Chae. The storyline has deterred from Gone with the Wind now, so it's hard to predict. However, for Gil Chae and Jang Hyun to be together—by right, Goo Won Moo has to die or divorce her. I think divorcing her might be better than dying, since a widower at that time will unlikely be able to remarry...?

Lee Da In's acting is not bad. It's a pity so many people hate her because of her family background and marrying Lee Seung Gi.

I thought the scriptwriter was smart to have make that connection between Gil Chae being the saviour of Prince So Hyun's first son. By right, they have to try saving her to repay the debt. Except, in the end, Prince So Hyun didn't manage to help Gil Chae…? Then what is the point of this part? Maybe it'll come up in future episodes. Fingers crossed.

I'm honestly not sure the part where Gil Chae telling Hong Taiji about Joseon people being abused really made any difference in real history. I honestly doubt Qing cared. In all honesty, Gil Chae would have already died a few episodes back, rather than being sent back to the slave house for resale. She'd at least already been tainted or lost some fingers etc, or both. It's only because in this story, she is the heroine, she got away unscathed.

Really didn't like the slow pace. I don't like Lee Chung Ah's involvement too. Without her, it's already challenging for the OTP to be together due to her marriage status. Plus she stands no chance, Jang Hyun loves Gil Chae and that would never change.

• Like 1

Summary recaps for Eps 15:

Lee Jang-hyun (played by Namgoong Min) fell into a critical condition, and Yoo Gil-chae (played by Ahn Eun-jin) nursed him very carefully.

Looking at the unconscious Jang Hyun, Rang Eum (played by Kim Yun-woo) remembered Jang Hyeon, who saved him when he was young. Rang-eum, who was a slave, was in danger after being caught by his lustful master, and Jang Hyeon saved the young Rang-eum by hitting the master's head with a stone.

Together, the two ran away from Uiju gangster Yang Cheon (played by Choi Moo-sung). Rang Eum sobbed when Jang Hyeon, who had always been as big and precious to him, fell.

Gil-chae looked at Jang-hyeon lying on the bed and said, “I feel like it’s finally mine now that you're sick....I was so bad, wasn’t I?” she said, wiping away tears. She then said, “I wanted to hold your hand too,” and she held his hand as she cried.

Jang-hyeon, who woke up sweating, smiled when he saw Gil-chae sleeping on the bed, holding his hand. Afterwards, even though his body gradually recovered, he deliberately pretended  as a seriously ill person.

Meanwhile, Gujam (played by Park Kang-seop) rescued Jong-jong (played by Park Jeong-yeon). Gujam said, “Why didn’t you come back then? I’ve waited so long,” he said and kissed Jongjong. Gil-chae, who met Jong-jong again, hugged him and shed tears.

Gujam, who noticed Jang Hyeon’s feigning illness, said, “Wake up. “Why are you doing this?” he teased. Janghyun said, “Gujam. When I wake up, won't Gil Chae be gone? Jong-jong leaving with GC was used to persuad Gujam to cooperate .  Gujam said to Gil-chae, “I think master is not feeling very well. I think it will be difficult for him to recover, at least about half a year at this rate,” he said.

Yang Cheon also cooperated with Jang Hyeon. Yang Cheon, who was discussing with Jang Hyeon about how to send the prisoners to Joseon, heard Gil Chae's footsteps and sobbed, saying, "Lee Jang Hyeon, wake up quickly." :laugh:

Gil-chae, who took full-time care of Jang-hyeon, was so happy that she touched his hands under the pretext of nursing him, cleaned his body, and even hummed a song. Looking at Gilchae like that, Jang Hyeon quietly smiled.

It was aching to lie still, but Jang-hyeon wanted to postpone recovery because he liked Gil-chae's care. When Gil-chae, whom he had been waiting for, did not come, Jang-hyeon went outside and smiled at the sight of the courageous Gil-chae leading the repair of the palanquin with the runaway slaves and even helping with the farming work.

Spoiler

Jang-hyeon, who could not take his eyes off the courageous figure of Gil-chae sitting down among the crowd and eating Saecham, said, “I missed you. Your smiling face,” he murmured.

When Gil-chae saw that Jang-hyeon did not get better despite her hard work in nursing him, she said, “I should have died. If only I could die now and it would be better for me,” she sobbed. Jang-hyeon, who had no choice but to open his eyes due to Gil-chae's crying, complained of pain and couldn't walk, saying, "My body has recovered a little, but my legs aren't feeling well."

Janghyun practiced walking while being supported by Gilchae.

Yoo Gil-chae asked Lee Jang-hyeon, “I thought you were doing government work, but are you flirting with the princess?” When Lee Jang-hyeon asked if she was jealous, Yoo Gil-chae was embarrassed and said, "Jealousy? Why am I jealous of that pale and ugly woman?" When Yoo Gil-chae asks about his identity, Lee Jang-hyeon explains, "I was a government slave. My mother died young and I don't even remember my father. He gave me the stamp of a nobleman, so I'm definitely a nobleman. I like money. That's why I'm passionate about making money."  Lee Jang-hyun asked, “Are you upset that I am a commoner ?” Yu Gil-chae smiled and replied, "It would have been better if you had not become a nobleman at all. You could be a  servant and I could have taken you everywhere. I would have done as I pleased. That would have been better." Lee Jang-hyeon joked, “Then, I will buy Gong Myeong-cheop right away and become a common person, so will you buy it?”

Then Janghyun asked a question that had been buried in his mind for a long time. “Why didn’t you come that day? When asked, “Why did you abandon me?” Gilchae responded, “It’s not that I abandoned you, I just couldn’t bear to have you. You can live without me,” she said. Jang Hyeon asked back, “Why did you think I could live without you?”

Spoiler

Rang Eum said to Gil Chae, “You should be repatriated, so return to Joseon. I will do the nursing,” he said. “Jang Hyun almost died trying to save you both in Ganghwa Island and in Shenyang. You are a curse to Lee Jang-hyun.”

Gil-chae, who realized that Jang-hyeon, who had sacrificed his life to save her several times, whom she had pushed away, and almost lost his life, wailed in agony.

Spoiler

Crown Princess  (played by Jeon Hye-won) told Lee Jang-hyeon that the farming was going well and that he wanted to make a profit by selling the surplus rice in the warehouse. Lee Jang-hyeon said he would help with the business.

Gakhwa visited Lee Jang-hyeon and ordered him to send Yu Gil-chae to Joseon. When Gak-hwa listed the bad things that Yu Gil-chae might experience if zhe remained in Joseon, Lee Jang-hyeon's eyes suddenly changed and he became angry, saying, "If you touch that woman, I will kill you." Gakhwa said, “I understand your feelings. I too was very distressed just thinking about you dying.
She did not back down, saying, “If you want to save a woman, send her to Joseon.”

Meanwhile, in the trailer that followed, Jang Hyun hugged Gil Chae, saying, “Your husband abandoned you.” Gilchae also said, “I’m not leaving. “If I am a curse, then I am the one to lift the curse,” she said, making up her mind.

As the heartbreaking love between the two people who want to be together continues, Jang Hyun asks, “Can’t we be together? If not here, then wherever you want.”

• Like 1

I liked eps 15 ...probably my favorite in this second part of the series. Not just for the lighter more comedic moments, but also because for the first time in a long time the leads were happy to be with each other. And more importantly they had that heart to heart where she gets to know his background and he finally confronts her about abandoning him. Also Gil Chae finally finding out from Ryang Eum that it really was Jang Hyun who saved her in Gwangha Island. I believe or I hope this will strengthen her resolve not to give up on him.

[I don't care if this is adultery or whatever, but GC needs to follow her heart. Her husband is dead to me. :niu: He didn't even do all he can to find her and clearly he is worried about reputation etc]

Pre-released:

Translation credit https://x.com/sashsq14/status/1718066548915802433?s=20

GC: Yes, I have a father, husband & a sister but I also have a life saviour. If it is for Nari, giving my life would be nothing. But..

JH: But, are you saying you cannot love me? I have never wished for you to in my stead. What I wish for...

Getting hot here ahahah

Summary recaps for eps 16 

Gak-hwa (played by Lee Cheong-ah) tried to keep Lee Jang-hyeon and Yoo Gil-chae apart. When Lee Jang-hyun made a rude comment to Gak-hwa, referring to his Yoo Gil-chae, he threatened her, saying, "If you ever lay a hand on that woman, I'll kill you." Gakhwa countered, saying, “I understand how you feel. I too suffer greatly just thinking about you dying. If you want to save the woman, send her to Joseon.”

It was a time when Yoo Gil-chae was pledging not to go to Joseon. Yoo Gil-chae (Ahn Eun-jin) wrote a letter saying she would remain in Samyang and sent it to Joseon. She then said to Ryang-eum (Kim Yun-woo), “I’m not leaving (Samyang). I will help Na-ri recover,” she said, expressing her intention to stay by Lee Jang-hyun (Namgoong Min)’s side.

Yoo Gil-chae takes a walk with Lee Jang-hyeon and reminisces about the past. When Yoo Gil-chae asked, “I was foolish in the past, wasn’t I?” Lee Jang-hyun said, “You are also very pretty. It looks like the rumor I heard before is true. . They say you're  a white fox with 99 tails, so there’s no mistake about it,” he jokes, making Gil-chae laugh.

Spoiler

Lee Jang-hyeon hugged Yoo Gil-chae and said, "Can you stay here with me now? If you don't like it here, go wherever you want. Even though he knew you were in Shenyang, your husband abandoned you." Yoo Gil-chae was embarrassed and said, “After hearing what the situation was,” Lee Jang-hyeon turned around and said, “That’s right. You have a husband.”

After returning home, Yu Gil-chae entered Lee Jang-hyeon’s room and said, “I have a husband, but I also have a lifesaver. I would be willing to sacrifice my life for you..."

Lee Jang-hyun said, "But you can't love me? That's what I want," and then kissed Yoo Gil-chae's cheek. Then, the moment he was about to kiss her on the lips, Yu Gil-chae said, “Nari, I…" ....At this time, Joseon's eunuch Pyo Eon-gyeom (Yang Hyeon-min) urgently visited Lee Jang-hyeon and delivered the news that Khan had died.

Spoiler

Gakhwa did not back down, saying, "What I want is you. If you don't come to me, I will bury both you and the Korean prisoners. If you want to bury the prisoners to get that woman, it's okay to do so."

In the end, Lee Jang-hyeon called Yoo Gil-chae and told her to return to Joseon, saying, "We are not in a relationship. So, you don't need to feel indebted to me. I have clung to you and have overcome the risk of death because of you.  I have tried everything without any regrets, and now there is nothing left in my heart.So, go back,” he said. He added coldly, "I'm tired of you pushing me away all the time. I'm so sick of it, so please go back." When Yoo Gil-chae asked, “What if I won’t go back?” Lee Jang-hyeon got angry and said, “Don’t you know that a woman who lives in the West is shameful?” Shocked, Yu Gil-chae decided to leave for Joseon.

Spoiler

After suppressing her emotions, Yu Gil-chae informed Lee Jang-hyeon that he would return to Joseon. With tears in her eyes, she said, "Aren't you sick of women like me? It's embarrassing and pathetic that I'm causing so much trouble." Lee Jang-hyun said, "I've never thought that way before. Go and live a good life." He said his final goodbye. Yu Gil-chae bowed his head and said, “Thank you and I am truly sorry.” The next day, Lee Jang-hyeon looked mournfully at the back of Yu Gil-chae leaving, saying, “Go and live like a flower.”

Spoiler

Gak-hwa approached Lee Jang-hyeon, saying, "Why did you give up that woman for the sake of insignificant prisoners?" and "I have never lived in a world without a father. You may hate me, but please stay by my side for a moment."

After returning to Joseon, Yoo Gil-chae met Guwon-moo (played by Ji Seung-hyun), who had another woman who was pregnant with his child. Also, a rumor spread in the village that Yu Gil-chae returned after suffering hardships at the hands of barbarians. Yu Gil-chae told Gu Won-mu, "I was sold to a barbarian in Shenyang and suffered humiliation. I also met Lee Jang-hyeon and was repatriated with his help. It was not my fault that I was defiled by a barbarian, but I am sorry for giving my heart to Lee Jang-hyeon in Shenyang," and divorced him. 

Spoiler

Best scene had to be this when our classy GC asked for a divorce

Preview Ep 17 ...I feel happy here . They will reunite...they get married & is she preggers with cravings?

• Party! 2

Episode 15-16

Episode 15 was quite funny, with Jang Hyun pretending to be sick just so Gil Chae would stay longer and tend to him. I'm actually surprised Gil Chae didn't catch on with his facade.

Agree that Jang Cheol might be Jang Hyun's father. When Jang Hyun has a couple of flashbacks in the first half of the drama, it suggested that he was indeed from a noble family, but a fallen one. It's curious why he didn't have memory of it.

Yeon Joon is still pretty useless in my opinion, but in a short moment, I'll forgive him because he was happy to see Gil Chae back. I got teary eyes just from him repeatedly saying thank you for returning :cry:. As for the husband, I think that's the best possible development for both sides. He has a new wife and an unborn child, and since he can't handle Gil Chae being tainted, then it's for the best he lets Gil Chae go.

I'm getting tired of Gak Hwa being the obstacle between Jang Hyun and Gil Chae. He can't return to Joseon without a good reason, and she's not allowed to go to Simyang, else Gak Hwa might do something. How will they be together. *Frustrated*

Here I am hoping Gil Chae could find a way, like supported by the Crown Prince→maybe King next episode as some sort of envoy so Gak Hwa can't touch her. Gak Hwa herself is in a pretty fragile position now anyway, with Hong Taiji being dead and Dorogon in charge.

F9gAhVWaAAAsvxx?format=jpg&name=largeF9gAhVObsAAVemg?format=jpg&name=large

Aigooo @abs-oluteM Gil Chae is getting grey hair liao, and they still are not together 😅

• Clapping Hands 2

Aigooo @abs-oluteM Gil Chae is getting grey hair liao, and they still are not together 😅

I laughed here …I think my hair will grow white first at this rate 🤣🤣

Historically from the time he met her (just before the war ) to when they’ll reunite in eps 17 ( if they follow history strictly ) it will be 9 years or so . Cause that’s the time the Crown Prince will come back to Joseon. 

I quote this X handle 

https://x.com/agidongcha/status/1718560511313510580?s=46

“I was more surprised by the fact that 20 episodes of #MyDearest told about Janghyun Gilchae's relationship for 9 years. Starting from 1636 until the crown prince returned to Joseon in 1645. In fact, Janghyun love Gilchae for 9 years and still counting~” 

Also if they follow actual history, this will be the CP’s fate

https://x.com/trung30101/status/1718237016461070781?s=46

Spoiler

According to the history, CP was hit by inkstone by the king and died of lacking blood. The crown princess was forced to exiled with his children, several years later were executed by the king... So that is not a HE for her if they followed strictly the history

While JH & GC’s love story is fictional , the time line & background history is not . I thought I read that there was an interpreter that followed the CP into exile with the same name ( or surname )  , though the drama has taken creative liberties with his character & the romance with GC.

JH in eps 1 was wearing this robe while he was injured at the beach & those scholars that are part of this movement to save Joseon under Jang Cheol  from the intruders wear that same black rope on their white tunic 

Source https://x.com/untitled_0_0_/status/1718270863060119941?s=46

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1