@mademoiselle It matches the manhwa. Choi Si Won's and Sung Hoon's characters were not as significant as the others. You know, the drama is a lot more violent than I thought it would be. 

Seo In Guk had Park So Dam on his YT channel recently. LOL @ Park So Dam's story about Seo In Guk wearing the same outfit. :laugh:

• Like 2

Episode 3

The car/bike chasing scenes by Jang Seung Jo are awesome. I'd like to know if in real life, he's good on bikes too because I know he is likely to use a stuntman for these scenes (or probably the whole thing is CG simulated), but there are times when the camera is shooting from the front for his face. The death was a bit WTF, though. I wasn't even ready for the story to end!

And we have Lee Jae Wook. I swear, almost all the supporting roles he took on are way better than his own leading roles. 😅 Did Lee Jae Wook shaved his eyebrow for this role? Also, I'm surprised to see him meeting Sam Shik. Just when I thought if Sam Shik is a psychopath then he should be in the psychiatric hospital, not in juvenile jail. I'm glad Yi Jae revealed his facade, but I'm not so sure if I agree of him letting the others continue to bully him.

I'm starting to think with Yi Jae cannot trust anyone he meets in all these lives. He's been betrayed twice already.

And last scene, LOL, the baby crying was so apt. :laugh:

P.S. This was a good scene from LJW

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

I did not expect Do Hyun's cameo is the longest out of all the actors. I suppose the last 3 lives he will live will get even longer coverage. Was Ji Soo supposed to die, too, @Tofu? In page 1 of this thread, you said there will be a serial killer, and I'm guessing that's the eldest son of Tae Kang, played by actor Kim Ji Hoon.

So the last 3 lives would be in the body of Kim Jae Wook, Kim Ji Hoon and Oh Jung Se.

I think what is smart about the writing (kudos to the webtoon) is that almost all characters are connected to one another.

• Like 2

@mademoiselle No, Kim Ji Hoon is not the serial killer even though he's part of all the deaths. Although, the drama could make him out to be the serial killer especially since many things were changed in the drama. In the manhwa, the serial killer is someone who killed one of Yi Jae's lives earlier in the story. Yi Jae was a murderer who I think might have been under house arrest (the details are a little fuzzy for me). The serial killer was someone who lured and killed him. Later in the story, Yi Jae becomes the serial killer. 

Another change in the drama vs. manhwa is that the money JSJ's character stole from the mob boss belonged to one of the characters Yi Jae lived out. It was money from the livestreamer. It seems like this character is excluded from the drama. 

At the end of episode four, he still has five lives left, right? If it follows the manhwa, the last remaining lives are the serial killer (who I think will be played by Kim Jae Wook or the drama could make it Kim Ji Hoon), the police officer (who is played by Oh Jung Se), --- putting the other two in spoiler tag so it doesn't spoil anyone who doesn't want to know. I don't know who the fifth one is.

Spoiler

The other two is Yi Jae's mom, who he ends up living as for a long time. The second one is Yi Jae. At the end of the manhwa, he's given a second chance and goes back in time to when he was standing at the top of the building. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Park So Dam struggled a lot during the shooting of this drama. She had just recently recovered from her surgery (she had cancer) and this was one of her first project back. I'm glad she's so open about her struggles because something like this can help others who are going through the same thing. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

@mademoiselle I saw a clip of Kim Jae Wook at the press conference. He says the name of the character he plays. Kim Jae Wook will play the serial killer. 

Don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know what happens.

Spoiler

His character will technically be the one to attempt to kill Kim Ji Hoon's character. However, they will come across a hunter. I don't think it's mentioned who plays the hunter. Will we be surprised at who the hunter is? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1

Christmas greetings from the cast. 

@mademoiselle I was browsing through videos on social media and came upon this Korean American guy who was talking about Death's Game. He was recommending it and saying it's the best Korean drama he's watched this year. Later on he screenshot the actors and talked about who has appeared and who hasn't. He said Sung Hoon hadn't appeared yet and I laughed so much when he said that. That short clip of him.....hahahahahaha! 

• Haha 2

Hahaha @Tofu, you and I both were very busy. We literally finished the last four episodes around the same time! I feel better knowing this homework is completed. Now, here's my thoughts, as it leaves an open ending with lots of questions.

Kim Jae Wook really excels in playing a serial killer! And this time he does it with an artistic charisma (I am so tempted to use "rizz", hahaha)! His episode was so gory, but yet, so compelling. Whoever is the artist behind all the artworks are insanely dark (in my opinion). Eek. Also, I can't believe Yi Jae set himself up to be dismembered by Tae Woo. Sick but ingenious. 

I'm glad to see a little bit of every actor again during Yi Jae's revenge against Tae Woo. And the fact that he uses their skills and knowledge to revenge. Surely Death didn't expect this. I also really like how the characters are interconnected with one another. I was pleasantly surprised that even the gangster is linked to Tae Woo!

The beggar and the white collar worker's story line was a bit lacklustre, and too short-lived. I am also a bit confused about this part. Did Yi Jae commit suicide again with this body? At a later stage of his supposedly-punishment-slash-life-lesson from-Death? Or he felt so devastated of this man's emotion, and he ran towards the street, which Tae Woo accidentally hit him, and it triggered Tae Woo to become a monster?

If Tae Woo was able to pull strings the first time, why is it that the second time the media is willing to expose him again? Is it because the truth of him killing his own brother is more scandalous and unforgivable than him killing a serial killer? The whole time I'm watching, I'm counting down the lives he has left, and I was so worried he would be in Tae Woo's body next!

Death said Yi Jae won after he lived to the end of his Omma's life. Is it because Omma was supposed to die on Mount Oh Bong? And since Yi Jae gets to live again as himself, doesn't that mean Ji Soo will still die later in the hands of Tae Woo because it is her fate? All the series of events will still happen, isn't it? If I'm Yi Jae, I could probably not interfere with the lives of most of them, but not Ji Soo and Tae Woo. OK, maybe not just these two, but also the baby.

I appreciate the message the drama is sending to its audiences. If the message is able to get through to some people, then I'm glad. However, I also think by the time a person is strongly thinking about taking his own life, he is already stuck in that dark hole where he sees no ray of hope. It's unlikely he will be thinking about whoever his loved ones he will be leaving behind. He can only think about himself at that moment.

• Clapping Hands 2
20 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Between this and Gyeoseong Creature which is a better binge? I wanted to watch GC solely for WHJ but he has so little screen time. :psweatduck:

Hahaha! I haven't started on GC. Tea refused to watch DG. I don't think @Tofu watched GC either, did you, Tofu?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Kim Jae Wook is so good! I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was truly amazing as the serial killer. Honestly, the two Jae Wooks are just dominating in this drama. :pandachamp:

Something worth sharing -- in the opening scene, a bunch of livestreamers are trying to beat up a man. This man they were going to beat up is actually one of the life Yi Jae lived as in the manhwa. He was a murderer on house arrest. The drama kept it the same with the serial killer killing him at the end. 

On 1/5/2024 at 3:58 AM, mademoiselle said:

His episode was so gory, but yet, so compelling.

YES!! I was intrigued watching Kim Jae Wook's character's story. I don't remember anything about using blood to paint in the manhwa and loved this change. The paintings were so eerie especially the huge red one Tae Woo wanted to buy. The paintings in his "playhouse" captured his victims' last moments, but the red one was his trophy case. 

@mademoiselle The part were they show Kim Jae Wook's character with above knee amputation got to me. I wince when they showed that. :scaredpanda2:

I'm glad to see a little bit of every actor again during Yi Jae's revenge against Tae Woo. And the fact that he uses their skills and knowledge to revenge.

I loved this. It was very clever of Yi Jae to use the skills of everyone against Tae Woo. I think Sung Hoon had more screen time in this part than he did in his character's actual story. :laugh:

The beggar and the white collar worker's story line was a bit lacklustre, and too short-lived. I am also a bit confused about this part. Did Yi Jae commit suicide again with this body? At a later stage of his supposedly-punishment-slash-life-lesson from-Death? Or he felt so devastated of this man's emotion, and he ran towards the street, which Tae Woo accidentally hit him, and it triggered Tae Woo to become a monster?

The homeless man and white collar man was not in the manhwa so I was a little surprised by it. I don't think they were needed, but I understand why the drama put them in. I don't think Yi Jae committed suicide again. Death said something about that life being cruel, so maybe it was to teach him a lesson that his lack of moral understanding/valuing his life is what started it. 

Death said Yi Jae won after he lived to the end of his Omma's life. Is it because Omma was supposed to die on Mount Oh Bong? And since Yi Jae gets to live again as himself, doesn't that mean Ji Soo will still die later in the hands of Tae Woo because it is her fate? All the series of events will still happen, isn't it? If I'm Yi Jae, I could probably not interfere with the lives of most of them, but not Ji Soo and Tae Woo. OK, maybe not just these two, but also the baby.

He won because he was able to live his Omma's entire life to the end. In the manhwa, he was given 13 lives, so at the end he gets another shot to change his life around. He ends up not jumping and taking his Omma's phone call. If he doesn't die, then, the events that happens will change. This part was never explored in the manhwa. I would like to think that since Yi Jae is aware, maybe he can do something to help all the people who were wrongfully killed by Tae Woo. 

@abs-oluteM I did not watch GC. I think you would enjoy this one more. All the acting is top notch! 

Now that this drama is over, @Chocolate can binge it if she hasn't already. LOL!

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 1/6/2024 at 6:40 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Between this and Gyeoseong Creature which is a better binge? I wanted to watch GC solely for WHJ but he has so little screen time. :psweatduck:

Death's Game definitely. It's cleverer and better written. Part 1 is action-packed. Surprisingly so. Acting is top-tier. There are also nice cameos from Jang Seung-jo, Kim Kang-hoon, Kim Jae-wook, Lee Do-hyun and Oh Jung-se. Kim Ji-hoon is really good as well.

I wouldn't watch Gyeongseong Creature just for Wi Ha-joon because you'll end up being really frustrated. It's okayish but the writing is fairly mediocre. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.