Miraculous Brothers 기적의 형제 (2023)

@abs-oluteM I forgot to mention also why Kang San can't read Dong Joo. It's weird and needs explanation. There's also someone else he can't read. I forgot who it was.

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Now I understand why when Kai called DJ in the earlier episodes he said he didn’t like the ending since I think how DJ concluded the story is not what Lee Ha Neul had in mind. 

Yes I agree and to Kai, the story hasn't ended yet. There are still 2 people left in his revenge.

• Like 2

@mademoiselle oh as I had expected the bar lady is Haneul/ Kai’s lover from those days isn’t it ? 
And yes it’s good that DJ realises that Kang San is not from this time . Though KS doesn’t realise he’s from 1990’s yet . 

The ending of eps 6 left me hanging 😅. Can’t wait for eps 7. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm starting to think Kang San is not the one with the power. The stone gave him the power, but where the stone came from is another mystery.

Kang San appears to have recovered his memory. Glad to know Ha Neul's connection to Dong Joo's father means he means Dong Joo no harm.

...now where is the tape? If it continues to be at the mum's house, her safety is worrisome. I'm hoping it's with Dong Joo, hidden in some old stuff which Dong Joo keeps as a remembrance of his dad.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle that Pastor that was mentioned in the preview is the link. This entire thing has some sort of supernatural thing attached to it - that blue stone is the key that opens the "door" to the realm. And like you say gives KS the power to read minds, teleport etc. 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Kang San appears to have recovered his memory. Glad to know Ha Neul's connection to Dong Joo's father means he means Dong Joo no harm.

For some reason, I feel sad when I see past snippets. Because of the crime of Lee Tae Man and gang, so many lives are affected. Anyway, I do like that KS has realised that he's from the past and now it is the present. Do you think DJ realises that HaNeul who came to see him is the HaNeul of his childhood? 

This OST sounds so sad

Spoiler

Written preview

Kang San (Bae Hyeon-seong), who has finally regained his memory, gives his name  to Hyun-soo (Park Yu-rim), he starts to search for his own past.

Meanwhile, Noh Myeong-nam (Woo-hyeon), who was arrested for kidnapping, is also accused of serial murders related to the Lake. Hyun-soo (Park Yoo-rim) believes he is innocent, but public opinion in the police station is divided.

Dong-ju (Jung-woo), intuitively senses through Young-sook that his father's death is not an accident. While pursuing his father's past, he has a fateful encounter with Tae-man.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is the Pastor the man who abused Kang San? Because Kang San reacted strongly when he saw the church.

I think so. I remember DJ's father told him not to go back to the children's home, and I am guessing that the Pastor runs that place.

Oh wow, both DJ and KS teleported together. Is it because, DJ is able to do so on his own accord or because he was holding on to KS? The other thing that has thrown me off after the preview is whether Haneul is actually Haneul? His body has been found (or at least that was his name tag) and he calls an old man - father. I was under the impression the brothers are orphans since the grew up in the children's home. 

The scene of Kang San and the lady at the end made me a little teary. She spent 27 years of her life just wondering what happened to him ...and now here he is still looking like 19 years old. So many emotions to process. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 7/13/2023 at 6:41 PM, mademoiselle said:

Episode 5 is really engaging because more information was unraveled. @Chocolate I can't guarantee this drama will be good till the end, but I think it has the mystery you might enjoy, especially after watching episode 5. There's no Oppa incentives for me here so you can be assured I'm selling because I think drama has potential.

Thanks. I’ve started. It’s better than expected. Ep 3 now. 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@abs-oluteM My guess is Lee Ha Neul might have faked his death and took the identity of the son of the old man.

Teleporting - at the moment, I'm not sure but I think with Dong Joo exposing to the stone maybe it affected him as well since his hand was buzzing before. Still, the drama hasn't explained why Kang San can't feel Dong Joo's emotion.

Yes, it was quite bittersweet the reunion between Kang San and his love interest. But I like to think that he'll return to the past later.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm up to date too.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

There are a lot of yelling in this episode, I'm not sure it's entirely necessary.

Yes, I find this drama very noisy 😅 DJ is always shouting!

On 7/14/2023 at 8:20 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Now I understand why when Kai called DJ in the earlier episodes he said he didn’t like the ending since I think how DJ concluded the story is not what Lee Ha Neul had in mind.

Do we know what was the ending that DJ wrote?

On 7/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, mademoiselle said:

I forgot to mention also why Kang San can't read Dong Joo. It's weird and needs explanation. There's also someone else he can't read. I forgot who it was.

He couldn't read the "girlfriend from the past" too.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'm starting to think Kang San is not the one with the power. The stone gave him the power, but where the stone came from is another mystery.

On 7/21/2023 at 6:52 PM, mademoiselle said:

Teleporting - at the moment, I'm not sure but I think with Dong Joo exposing to the stone maybe it affected him as well since his hand was buzzing before. Still, the drama hasn't explained why Kang San can't feel Dong Joo's emotion.

But where did the stone come from? I don't remember seeing it at all except when it suddenly appeared in the recent episode when KS had the terrible headache in the "girlfriend from the past"'s shop.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I don't remember it being mentioned. But I am assuming that if revenge is what Kai desires, everyone especially Lee Tae Man will die. Could it be that the revenge doesn't go on as planned? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But where did the stone come from? I don't remember seeing it at all except when it suddenly appeared in the recent episode when KS had th

It was in the backpack.

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Not mention. Probably doesn't matter because it is opposite to what Kai planned to do.

• Like 2

Things are beginning to fall in place and I am getting some answers for the questions I have. Maybe that's why this show despite being of a slower pace, is able to keep my attention since they reveal just enough to keep me coming back. 

A number of important things were revealed:

1. Kai is definitely Lee HaNeul. The skeleton found at the lake was another man's body. In a flashback, the thug with the cross tattoo killed his accomplice (the skeleton is likely this other thug) and let LHN go. This was after he saw Lee Kang San go into the portal. The thug is part of the cult / church where the brothers were raised. He thinks that the Almighty has "chosen" Kang San. 

2. Ha Neul & Kang San were abused by that pastor/ leader of that cult that managed the orphanage. The leader has connections with Lee Tae Man

3. Bar owner is the LHN's girlfriend from then. I believe she and LHN are somewhat working together to kill off Lee Tae Man and gang. I felt sad thinking of how much they went through just so that Ha Neul is safe. Lee Tae Man knows about Kang San living with DJ but can't quite place where he has seen KS. Bar owner come to warn DJ that taking LTM down won't be easy. 

She doesn't reveal who she is but it is clear to us viewers.

4. Detective Park and the ahjussi detective (Det Lee) finds evidence that the No BH ( the old man) is not responsible for the murders). Det Park's partner who had died was actually reinvestigating and had a video. The wife found it and passed to Detective Lee. Unfortunately could not see the face of the cop in their team who killed one of the victims. Anyhow the Det Lee brought up picture of Lee Kang San from 1995..the and Det Park are wondering if the present LKS is the son of that LKS from 1995. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Agree. I wish the pace is faster for this week's episodes. I lost some concentration/engagement because of it. Also, male lead Jung Woo has aged too much to play alongside the actor who plays Kai/Lee Ha Neul. Dong Joo was a toddler when Lee Ha Neul was ~18 years old. But in present time, the two characters look about the same age 😅

Still waiting for drama to tell us the connection between the Pastor and Lee Tae San. And obviously also waiting for explanation of that rock (which Lee Ha Neul may know some details of it) and Kang San's power.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I like this drama! It's so fun to see the clues come together~

I just wish DongJoo can stop shouting. The guy is just in front of you, no need to shout that loud. I'm starting to think shouting is Jungwoo's default acting mode, I feel sorry for his throat each time he shouts 😅

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@katakwasabi That's what I wonder about Jung Woo too, whether shouting is his acting style. I hadn't seen enough of his dramas to conclude this. LOL.

This is my first time watching him too. LOL...I am not a fan of the shouting as well.

And yes, he does look a bit older than Kai when technically Kai is at least a decade older. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Though there were a number of things that did go on, it doesn't feel like anything significant happened in eps 11. I think the cops have been running around in circles while we the audience know full well what is going on, so that is contributing to my frustration about the pacing. 

Some key things that happened:

- Bar lady gave them a list of all the people that Lee Tae Man has bribed and paid off over the years. DJ isn't sure what to do with it but is smart enough to know she gave it to him so in time to come it could be used as his "insurance". Also DJ was smart enough to make copies.  Bar lady doesn't know where HaNeul lives - her driver who works for HaNeul connects them.

- HaNeul only started his revenge murders a couple of years back. He had been angry for 25 years and was at the tipping point. One night when No Myung Nam came to look for him in panic after seeing Jeon Do Hyun kidnapped & hung to death ( by the Assemblyman Byun), HaNeul could no longer hold back his anger and that is when it all started.

- In present time, there was an attempted murder on No's life but made to look like suicide.

- Detective Park finally finds out Kang San is from the past and is HaNeul's brother though it wasn't easy to convince her. 

- Dong Ju and Kang San's plan is to try find evidence about the Sopyung case by locating the video tape. ( This has been going forever - dunno if this tape even exist).

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I swear, never take anything from someone who is suddenly nice to you unless you plan to sell it. It's a given that the watch is sure to either have a tracker or a listening device. Fortunately, it seems Dong Ju's publisher is not all bad - the preview seems to show that he is not on his brother's side.

So, do you think Kang San will go back to his time once the case is resolved in the current timeline?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

What's the reason of Kang San flickering this time?

Thank god you wrote a summary, @abs-oluteM. I was so distracted with episode 11 and yet I didn't want to rewatch the whole episode again so I went on to watch episode 12.

At least this episode we got a flashback of what happened to Dong Joo's father. And still no where near to the bad guys. LOL.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 13

Finally x 2!!! Finally Kang San and Ha Neul meet! Finally Dong Ju found the tape!

- The end -

Oh yay....I was struggling with the pace too @Chocolate. But I did watch eps 12 and thought that there were at least more developments.

KS needs to go back in time though to reboot this so that HaNeul doesn't become a murderer.

This is the 2nd JTBC drama in the past month that should have been done in 12 episodes. Am sure you all know which other drama I am referring too :GrowDerp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1