Miraculous Brothers 기적의 형제 (2023)

On 7/30/2023 at 10:41 AM, mademoiselle said:

@katakwasabi That's what I wonder about Jung Woo too, whether shouting is his acting style. I hadn't seen enough of his dramas to conclude this. LOL.

I don't remember him being shouty in reply 1994. But he was quite shouty in Mental Coach. Hahaha

Glad he toned down the shouting in recent eps 😆

• Haha 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

On 8/12/2023 at 10:57 AM, mademoiselle said:

It's soooo draggy I keep losing concentration. So Lee Myung Seok is not really a good guy either, huh? I guess at least he's not harming Dong Joo et al and just waiting for the opportunity to get rid of Lee Tae Man.

I have always thought he had his own agenda. LMS doesn’t Ike his brother as the father favours the latter . LMS is the mistress’s son . 

At least in towards end of eps 13 and eps 14 , the drama is finally moving plot wise . The truth is gonna be exposed on National television. Kai shows his face to lee Tae Man.

But the statues of limitation has expired so the only way to put  LTM behind bars is for his recent crime of murdering the  Assemblyman

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Chocolate what so corny about it?

@abs-oluteM Not yet. The man who chased him visited him, gave him his other pair of shoes (image above). He touched the man, sees things, gets supremely angry (with red eyes, literally) and then teleporting himself to the church where the Pastor was giving his cult speech. People see him appear out of nowhere and started worshipping.

He was so engulfed in anger that he was throwing the pastor onto the wall and strangling him. Dong Joo appeared & was thrown aside and lost consciousness. The end.

Preview shows his hands flickering again...

I wish I didn't watch episode 15 last night. I should just watch the finale. It was good before! 😮‍💨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last episode - it finally ends! Joke aside, ep 16 was more about settling the various relationships rather than catching the villians. A quick summary for @abs-oluteM:

• Of course nothing happened to Lee Tae Man and his Chief Prosecutor friend after Dong Ju's revelation on TV. They had to step down but it was a temporary measure to appease the public.
  • Then LTM's secretary gave him up to the police (because he was asked to be the scapegoat) and everything fell from there for them. For the Chief Prosecutor, it seems there is some calculation error about the statute of limits because it doesn't count when you are overseas lol.
  • The biggest beneficiary is LTM's publisher brother - he took over his position. He was found out about the bug in the expensive watch but no consequences for that. (DJ's friend wanted to sell the watch to help him financially.)
  • The guy who thinks KS is the almighty, after talking to Dong Ju, went to the police and exposed the church. They found the skeletons of the children in graves and the pastor was arrested.

Regarding the relationships:

• Lee Ha Neul asked Kang San if he wanted to leave with him. He did. But in the end LHN decided to surrender and was jailed for 5 years, so that he could live with KS honourably instead of as a fugitive. This is despite the older detective letting him know he will not expose him, and apologising for not listening to him years ago.
  • LHN also seems to have reconciled with the ex-gf who said she will wait for him. (Btw, was this ex-gf LTM's mistress or just a business partner/friend?)
  • KS's "girlfriend" has dementia - a result of a car accident a few years ago.
  • KS didn't go back to the past. It was not shown if he would have been able to. He's going to school instead lol.
  • DJ, being kicked out from the house provided by the publisher, was invited by KS to stay in LHN's house instead. (I quite like that house. So serene.)
  • DJ published a new book "Miracle Brother" which is the story of KS and LHN. Supposed to give 30% royalties to KS as part of his "rent". But they are waiting to see if it will be a hit haha.
  • So DJ and KS still live together.

This drama started well but sagged from the middle. There was not enough material for 16ep and the writer also could not sustain the plot intricacies - like the thumb drive that the ex-gf had which ended up not really being part of bringing LTM down. I think the mistake is the drama revealed to the audience the mystery whereas the characters in the drama are still trying to figure out what is happening. So there is little excitement for us.

The actor playing Dong Ju is too old. He should have been about 10+ years younger than LHN, and yet they look about the same age after 27 years. But that aside, he portrayed the role well. He was believable when he was an unsuccessful author and broke, and also when he is bothered by conscience and was a good guy. He also does a quivering lip really well lol.

I don't mind that KS stayed in the present instead of going back to the past. Because would he have been able to change things? No he wouldn't. He still did not have the power. And it's not one of those cases where you can reveal the truth and the baddies will go to jail. The only thing he lost is the relationship with the GF - but they are "seeing" each other in the present so to speak.

6/10 for me.

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate what so corny about it?

The poor man already thinks KS is GOD and they still had to add the shining light behind KS - too much!😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The poor man already thinks KS is GOD and they still had to add the shining light behind KS - too much!😂

Ahahaha my whole attention was on the shoe that I missed the shining light behind Kang San!

Thanks for the summary, I actually don't feel like watching it anymore. Haha! By the way, did they explain why Kang San has this power and the link to the stone?

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

By the way, did they explain why Kang San has this power and the link to the stone?

There was a scene when Dong Ju was young. He was in an open field and picked up the rock - it glowed. Apparently it was part of a meteorite. Then KS and LHN came along and DJ gave the rock to LHN because it dropped from the sky and that is his name. KS held it for awhile and it glowed too. LHN has been keeping this rock in his backpack all this time.

KS says the rock saved his life (when he was escaping the people chasing him) by sending him into the future.

So I think this is supposed to be an alien/galaxy power that is unknown to us human now, instead of God's doing haha.

Edit: To add on, KS lost his power for awhile after trying to strangle the evil pastor. He could no longer see people's lives/history when he touched them. But by the end, this special power came back to him again.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

There was a scene when Dong Ju was young. He was in an open field and picked up the rock - it glowed. Apparently it was part of a meteorite. Then KS and LHN came along and DJ gave the rock to LHN because it dropped from the sky and that is his name. KS held it for awhile and it glowed too. LHN has been keeping this rock in his backpack all this time.

KS says the rock saved his life (when he was escaping the people chasing him) by sending him into the future.

So I think this is supposed to be an alien/galaxy power that is unknown to us human now, instead of God's doing haha.

LOLLL omg. What the heck. How lame... so it never explains why he's flickering.

• Haha 2