Miraculous Brothers 기적의 형제 (2023)

Miraculous Brothers

기적의 형제

Miraculous_Brothers-p01.jpeg

A man loved Poet Yun Dong-Ju so much that he named his own son, Yook Dong-Ju (Jung Woo), after him. Yook Dong-Ju displayed talent for writing while growing up, but 7 years after graduating from a university he still hasn't gotten a novel published. What he does have now is a lot of debt and a troublemaker mom. Yook Dong-Ju still writes novels and he makes a living by working part-time jobs. His life could not get any worse.

One day, a mysterious boy, Kang San (Bae Hyun-Sung), suddenly appears in front of him. Kang San got into an accident and he doesn't remember anything about himself, including his name or age. He does have a mysterious ability to feel other people's pain & despair and also read their hearts. With his special ability, Kang doesn't hesitate to act against injustice.

Yook Dong-Ju, whose life is miserable, becomes to take care of Kang San. Due to Kang San, Yook Dong-Ju also gets involved with people who are in pain and despair. Yook Dong-Ju and Kang San, who are so different from each other, soon turn into miracle brothers.

----------------------------------------------

Director: Park Chan-Hong

Writer: Kim Ji-Woo

(Both director and writer  worked on Beautiful World) 

Network: JTBC

Episodes: 16? 

Release Date: June 28, 2023 --

Runtime: Wed. & Thur. 22:30

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Cast:

1687400190083077.jpg

Main Role

Jung Woo - Yook Dong Joo

Bae Hyun Sung - Kang San

Park Yoo Rim - Park Hyeon Soo

Oh Man Suk - Kai

Lee Ki Woo - Lee Myung Seok

Support Role

Kang Mal Geum - Chae Woo Jeong

Seo Jae Hee - Kang Hye Kyeong

So Hee Jung - Cha Young Sook

Jo Bok Rae - Jeong Yong Dae

Lee Ji Hyun - Lee Soo Yeon

Ahn Nae Sang - Lee Byung Man

Choi Deok Moon - Team Leader Oh

Seo Jae Kyu - Kang Jae Soo

Lee Sung Wook - Lee Tae Man

Choi Kwang Il - Byeon Jong Il

Yoon Se Woong- Choi Jong Nam

Song Jae Ryong - Shin Kyung Cheol

Lee Do Hyung - Nam Sang Woo

Guest Role

Kim Dong Hoon - Lee Tae Man [Young]

Yoon Na Moo - Yook Chan Seong

Character Chart

1687400550246482.jpg

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

TRAILERS

Preview for eps 1

First Teaser

Spoiler

2nd Teaser

Spoiler

3rd Teaser

Spoiler

This looks like an interesting crime mystery .....let's hope there are subs :D

Who is subbing this? 

• Like 3

Episode one introduces us to how Yuk Dong Joo (Jung Woo) and mysterious boy (Bae Hyun Sung) meet each other. I thought they were real life brothers, turns out they are not.

Mysterious boy was running away from some people chasing after him when he suddenly disappear. He materialises in front of Dong Joo's car and was hit. He was announced to be dead and miraculous came back to life.

Dong Joo was in so much debt. He was so desperate that I yelled "oh-no!" when he submitted the novel he found in mysterious boy's backpack to the publisher, Lee Myung Seok (Lee Ki Woo). I knew immediately it was the worst idea, ever. He's probably dragged himself into some kind of controversy.

Mysterious boy was in coma for two months meanwhile Dong Joo's life changed after the book was published. Boy woke up and showed multiple superpower abilities. He seems to exhibit telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, strong empathy and superhearing. Boy lost his memory so we won't know his identity or why he has such powers for now.

I'm, of course, wondering if he's escaped from some laboratory experiement. In parallel, the is a murder case happening which is very likely linked to the content of the novel. A man's hand with scars is seen picking up Dong Joo's novel. I think he's the person who murders the person found dead in the car the police pulled out from the river.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I liked the 1st episode. Thought it was a good introduction to the characters & pace of story was fast too. 

@mademoiselle Now I wonder if our blue-eyed boy is from the past given what was in his bag seems to be from the 1980s & if he is indeed the person who wrote that book. Or perhaps he’s not from this world - cause what could have given him the ability to connect with the souls ?  I think the guy with the scars & blue eye boy are from the same dimensions - and the boy is running from him? 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I liked the 1st episode. Thought it was a good introduction to the characters & pace of story was fast too. 

@mademoiselle Now I wonder if our blue-eyed boy is from the past given what was in his bag seems to be from the 1980s & if he is indeed the person who wrote that book. Or perhaps he’s not from this world - cause what could have given him the ability to connect with the souls ?  I think the guy with the scars & blue eye boy are from the same dimensions - and the boy is running from him? 

I didn’t notice the bag detail! I thought the novel was tied to the current crime case...? Mmm, he is able to teleport, so he could potentially jump through dimensions, although I don't remember if any superheroes films have ever done that 🤔.

• Like 3

From eps2 

hmm everytime he is on a “mission” , he’s able to teleport somewhere @mademoiselle

Oh and the masked dude came to DJ’s place & found the original script 

And he wrote some sort of warning note on it too 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Oh @abs-oluteM I see it more clearly now the content of the bag – it has floppy disks etc. I think the backpack belongs to the man with scar though because there was a flashback of his young self putting the backpack in a locker somewhere.

"The Almighty has died" most likely refer to all 4 of the men in the picture during the police discussion. One is missing for 7 years. One is dead. There are 2 left, I think, and based on the final scene – he plans to kill them which is why he wants Dong Joo to edit the ending.

The story is very confusing in the sense that we don't know how everything tie together, and how something that happened 20+ years ago is somehow linked to mystery boy and what has all this got to do with his superpowers. Nonetheless, the mystery bit is what keeps the story interesting for me right now.

Mystery boy needs to get out of the hospital pronto. Otherwise he'll keep feeling others' feelings and pain. Hospital is full of such negative energies.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think the backpack belongs to the man with scar though because there was a flashback of his young self putting the backpack in a locker somewhere.

Mystery boy must have been from that time too ( say the 80s) because he didn't seem to know what an app was and he knew the song in the tape. I am just wondering now if this boy & scarred hand man  are somehow linked to Dong Ju. DJ's father ? I am assuming that DJ's father is dead. But it was DJ's father who had wanted him very much to be a writer and hence named him after a famous writer. What if this novel was written by the father?

Mystery boy has been able to break many walls/ dimensions so to speak. Ability to stop time, teleport, feel someone's pain, retrieve and transfer memories. But it doesn't look like he consciously decides who he helps and is drawn to. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

@abs-oluteM But...but...but... if mystery boy is Dong Joo's father... the contrast between their looks is too big :laugh:

I forgot about him not seem to know the modern technologies. I thought the novel is written by the man in scar though.

It doesn't look like at the moment he can consciously choose and he displays his powers affected by his emotions, but he seems to subconsciously know "what to do" (like the part where he transfer the feelings to the killer). So I'm guessing he might be able to control his powers when he regains his memory.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Have you watched the latest? It seems like he time travelled. He has scars on his back like the killer. Also the lady in the picture above recognises him but she said it can't be because the person she knows who looks like him is her age.

I just finished both episodes. Some things are beginning to piece together.

Oh Man Soo's character (the killer) is called Kai according to MDL and mystery boy (his name is Kang San) are either biological siblings or grew up together ( orphanage?). Kai (assuming he's the killer) is taking revenge on all these rich men who were his high school mates ( the rich men - one who is dead, another missing). Among this rich men, is Lee Tae Man, who is the brother ( or related ) to Lee Myung Seok who is the publisher of DJ's book. So these rich kids were awful bullies responsible for the death of a homeless man 27 years ago in that same lake. I believe it was Kai (and his girlfriend) who witnessed it and were trying to save that man. Anyway Kai got beaten up and they threw the homeless man into the river. From snippets of conversations, Kai was thought to be dead , and his girlfriend was "taken care off "( I speculate that girl is now the bar owner those rich men like to meet at ). Then, the detective that was in charge is now Assemblyman Byeon who  covered up for Lee Tae Man and gang. Girl detective's current partner - the older man- was also on the case but he closed an eye when they pinned the death on some other guy as he was to absorbed with his sick child. 

Kang San and Kai from their scars could very well have been abused at an orphanage, and from the way Kang San seems to be asking about Dong Ju's dad's photo, KS definitely knows DJ's dad. I wonder if the dad was in charge of the orphanage or something. Anyway, as Dong Ju was trying to find out more about the case from 27 years ago, he went to the school where the rich kids and Kai were from. From there he saw a pic of Kang San from 1995 at the end of episode 4. Perhaps it will start to dawn upon DJ about why Kang San seems to know very little about the present world. 

The mystery is of course how KS travelled through time and how he has these abilities or super powers. The lady who said he looked like someone he knew was a girl he had either liked / dated in high school. So I am assuming something happened then and he went missing (time travelled). 

Preview

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM I just finished episode 4 too. With the clues from episode 4 and episode 5 preview, I think Kang San's brother is Lee Ha Neul, who went missing. Kang San's surname is Lee (mentioned in the preview). In episode 5 preview, Dong Joo asked someone what is Lee Kang San's brother's name and that person pointed towards the sky and answered "Sky". Ha Neul means "sky" in English. So could Sky = Kai?

Now I'm just wondering if Lee Ha Neul is Dong Joo's father. So the killer is Dong Joo's father...?

I didn't know Lee Myung Seok and Lee Tae Man are brothers! 😮

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle ooo . It is possible that Kai = Haneul / Sky . I like this speculation more that killer is DJ’s father because then the link to DJ is even clearer. And it would make sense that he wrote the book as the father according to early synopsis had always love books & named DJ after a famous writer. And oooo , Kang San will technically be DJ’s uncle . Lol , can imagine how DJ will react if that’s the case 😂

• Haha 3

I thought I would pop in to say that I am watching this drama too. I have yet to watch episode 4 but so far everything has been really interesting. I watched Jung Woo on a show recently and he made a comment about how the drama has to do with meeting a boy and discovering the truth from the past. Based on that comment, I agreed with everything both of you have said already about Kang San. I plan on watching episode 4 during work today so will be back to comment later. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 5 is really engaging because more information was unraveled. @Chocolate I can't guarantee this drama will be good till the end, but I think it has the mystery you might enjoy, especially after watching episode 5 :pandathink:. There's no Oppa incentives for me here so you can be assured I'm selling because I think drama has potential. What do you think, @abs-oluteM?

Episode 5:

Spoiler

I like how the pieces are starting to form togther all at the same time when Kang San regains some broken memories of Dong Joo's father giving him the backpack and telling him to leave. Meanwhile Dong Joo finds out Kang San may have time-travelled and figured/suspected the link of Lee Ha Neul (Sky) = Kai.

We can also rule out Dong Joo's father is not a killer and not Kai/Lee Ha Neul. He seems to be an ahjussi who is nice to these orphaned brothers. No doubt Lee Ha Neul is the man with scars on his hands. I shall assume he knows who Dong Joo is having broken into his house, and he would have seen the family photo. So I think I need not worry he will harm Dong Joo.

That said, we still don't know how Kang San have these powers and why. I hope this will be explained later!

• Clapping Hands 2

Done with episode 6. Kang San is dangerous! He has very dangerous thoughts each time he encounters someone being abused like he did. Things get more and more complicated for Dong Joo due to the good reception of the novel.

There are a lot of yelling in this episode, I'm not sure it's entirely necessary. This episode doesn't reveal as much information as episode 5, and is mostly on Dong Joo absorbing all the information he learns. I await the day he tells Kang San the truth because, this boy is too dangerous to be left alone, teleporting himself everywhere.

Since Kang San can time travel, it does open up the possibility whether he'd later go back in time, thus stopping the murders from happening and save Lee Ha Neul and Dong Joo's father. This would change the current events completely.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle I just finished eps 5. From what I understand the book is based on the past ( the original murder in the lake)  & is also a prediction of the future since it’s Kai / Lee Ha Neul’s revenge plan ( part of which has already been carried out ) . Now I understand why when Kai called DJ in the earlier episodes he said he didn’t like the ending since I think how DJ concluded the story is not what Lee Ha Neul had in mind. 

Now I’m wondering how KS time travelled in the 1st place . DJ’s dad was trying to protect KS and told KS to run. Later DJ’s dad dies  of an “accident “ . Maybe it wasn’t really an accident. That’s why it’s fate that links KS & DJ . KS is here to stop his brother from committing the murders & perhaps they could also save DJ’s father 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1