Marry My Husband 내 남편과 결혼해줘 [2024]

I fast forwarded most of the last episode 😆 Sadly, Su Min's revenge plan was remarkably simplistic and disappointing. But at the end of the day, she was never portrayed as intelligent, just a schemer who had some small success when no one was aware of her intentions.

On 2/21/2024 at 6:17 AM, mademoiselle said:

The show is probably not going to explain this, but the bit about Manager Kang is so, how to say, illogical? I thought when she said she has evidence, it was because the HR guy is the witness. However, all of a sudden, because Min Hwan died, the dashcam video's images are restored. What the...?

I thought the same, but also wondered how effective that could be. This drama has a fantasy element, so everything that cannot be explained, we just say, "it's fantasy" 😂

On 2/21/2024 at 6:17 AM, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, agreed with all that this episode is definitely more interesting, except I still don't appreciate the characters taking turns being stupid. In this episode, Yura is the stupid one.

Hahaha, but now we know the reason for her role. It's to take Jin Hyuk's fate!

@gilaswan In the webtoon, how was Jin Hyuk saved?

In summary, this drama was better than expected. I enjoyed most of it.

8/10 for entertainment value

8/10 for the supporting actors

6/10 for intricasies of the plot

6/10 for the main leads

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2

@Chocolate @mademoiselle

I finally finished watching the last 2 episodes yesterday and I have to say - I did not like it. I fell asleep at various points and did not find it worth my time to rewind to "catch up" on whatever had happened when my eyes were closed. The plot line with ex-fiancee was very boring and unnecessary, and everything wrapped up in a very simplistic manner. In the last 4 episodes, truly everyone and everything became quite stupid. 

In the webtoon, Ji Hyuk did not have this fate of dying in a car accident cos he actually took his own life after Jiwon's death. He drowned in the Han River. Just before his death however, he met Jiwon's father who asked him what he would do to change history if he could. He said something to the effect that if death brought him a second opportunity to change his fate with Jiwon, that's what he would do. So I can understand why this story line was not taken for the production - persons who are ideating suicide cannot be fed the idea that ending your life will result in this kind of a "2nd chance". But in the webtoon, because it was presented in this manner, Jihyuk had no reason to kill himself a second time since in this iteration, he actively sought the hand of Jiwon. In fact, it was Jiwon who rejected his proposal of marriage because she didn't want to get married again. She only counter offered to live with him without the "burden" of a marriage bond. They only finally got married because she became pregnant. 

As for Sumin and the webtoon storyline that she murdered her MIL, yes. That was fleshed out more in the webtoon. MIL was, as we all know it, a slave driver. But Sumin was not a pushover like Jiwon. So in pushing back, there were clashes. This led to an episode where MIL got a stroke and collapsed. But instead of calling for immediate medical help, Sumin left her to languish on her own. MIL was then subsequently "discovered" but by then, her condition had deteriorated so badly that she essentially became bedridden and non-verbal. Minhwan ordered Sumin to be the "dutiful daughter-in-law" to take care of MIL in the hospital. It was there that she observed the nurses injecting in the IV lines and learnt that if you don't get rid of the air bubbles in the syringe, you could cause death by an air embolism. So she did that. But, stupid as Sumin actually is, there was evidence caught in the hospital of this act. So she was charged for murder of her MIL. 

Min Hwan and Sumin were both fired at the same time in the webtoon actually, so Min Hwan was out of the company much earlier and up to his shenanigans in a different trajectory. 

• Insightful 3
7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Sadly, Su Min's revenge plan was remarkably simplistic and disappointing.

I wrote in previous page that I expected it to be lacklustre. I wasn't disappointed coz I was right. 😂 I also wanted to nitpick on how many tricks did Ji Hyuk teach Ji Won because there are so many ways and tools to tie a person up. How is Ji Won going to escape if her hands were tied to the back or it's rope rather than cable ties etc.?

I thought the same, but also wondered how effective that could be. This drama has a fantasy element, so everything that cannot be explained, we just say, "it's fantasy" 😂

Yeah, pretty much that's me conditioning myself to Kdrama's fantasy-themed dramas these days. Don't expect any writers to provide detailed, logical explanation of their world-building, including that writer who wrote MotA (even though I would still watch her dramas... hmm, she's been so quiet for years!)

Hahaha, but now we know the reason for her role. It's to take Jin Hyuk's fate!

Yeah, but still so unnecessary. She was rushing to the airport. Ji Hyuk wasn't. It still doesn't make sense. Even if the drama ended just like that, I wouldn't have questioned since he already had a car crash. But I guess the rule is "death must happen". Pffft. Then why can't Su Min be the one to die on his behalf?

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

They only finally got married because she became pregnant. 

Was it true to the webtoon that she had a twins and another baby?

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

It was there that she observed the nurses injecting in the IV lines and learnt that if you don't get rid of the air bubbles in the syringe, you could cause death by an air embolism. So she did that.

When I read to this part, I actually thought: "That's smart" but then I got to your next sentence... 😅😂

---

I think overall this drama is OK and not fantastic. It was entertaining enough to kill time. At least we all could still discuss and complain together on here. There are some dramas you don't even want to bother. I also think it's more entertaining than PMY's previous two—the Weather one with SK wasn't bad, but they don't match as well and the other was the contract marriage with GJP.

• Clapping Hands 2
On 2/22/2024 at 9:02 AM, Chocolate said:

That's how I would explain it too, haha... Same goes for Queen In-hyun's Man, the last episode where everyone complained about the handphone. 

On 2/22/2024 at 4:39 PM, mademoiselle said:

I think overall this drama is OK and not fantastic. It was entertaining enough to kill time. At least we all could still discuss and complain together on here. There are some dramas you don't even want to bother. I also think it's more entertaining than PMY's previous two—the Weather one with SK wasn't bad, but they don't match as well and the other was the contract marriage with GJP.

I agree fully with above. The drama with GJP I only remembered the sofa kiss, haha... 

On 2/21/2024 at 5:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

Love these wedding photos!

Nah... I don't like how they styled NIW for the wedding scenes. Why do guys usually look less dashing when they dressed up for their own wedding? Too much work on the hair usually. I have seen IRL countless guys who look handsome on any ordinary day, but somehow look so nerdy for their wedding day... sigh... 

Overall, it was a nice wrap-up. I like how they bring us back to the present by showing montages of milestones in their married life. 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Why do guys usually look less dashing when they dressed up for their own wedding? Too much work on the hair usually. I have seen IRL countless guys who look handsome on any ordinary day, but somehow look so nerdy for their wedding day... sigh... 

Because the centre of attention is the bride, not the groom? They style down to not steal their wives' thunder? 😆

As for me, I have not seen a good-looking grooms to begin with irl, so no matter how they dress and styled, they don't look dashing. Hahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...