Marry My Husband 내 남편과 결혼해줘 [2024]

GAdlb-Z2bk-AAYi-Bd.jpg

• Drama: Marry My Husband (literal title)
  • Revised Romanization: Nae Nampyeongwa Gyeolhonhaejweo
  • Hangul: 내 남편과 결혼해줘
  • Director: Park Won-Gook
  • Writer: Seong So Jak (webcomic), Shin Yoo-Dam
  • Network: tvN
  • Streaming Site: TVING / Prime Video
  • Episodes: 16
  • Release Date: January 1 – February 20, 2024 (Monday & Tuesday 20:50)

Plot Summary

Kang Ji-Won (Park Min-Young) is married to Park Min-Hwan (Lee Yi-Kyung). Her marriage life is not going well due to her selfish husband and his demanding mother. Kang Ji-Won is the breadwinner of the family, while her husband Park Min-Hwan is unemployed and in debt. Kang Ji-Won also does all the housework herself. One day, Kang Ji-Won learns she has cancer and she doesn't have much time left to live. Making things worse, she witnesses her husband and her close friend Jung Soo-Min (Song Ha-Yoon) having an affair. She gets into a physical struggle with the two of them and she is killed by her husband, Park Min-Hwan. The next moment, Kang Ji-Won opens her eyes and finds herself in the past, 10 years earlier when she was dating Park Min-Hwan. She decides to change her life by making Jung Soo-Min marry Park Min-Hwan. Meanwhile, Yoo Ji-Hyeok (Na In-Woo) works as a chief in the same department as Kang Ji-Won. He has a crush on her and he slowly reveals his feelings to her. He also has a secret.

source: AsianWiki

Cast

1215.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4

Park Min Young, Na In Woo, Lee Yi Kyung, And More Confirmed For New Time Slip Drama + Premiere Date Announced

20231025013136_park-min-young-na-in-woo-

tvN’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Marry My Husband” (literal title) is gearing up to kick-start 2024 with its star-studded lineup!

On October 25, “Marry My Husband” confirmed its cast including Park Min Young, Na In Woo, Lee Yi Kyung, Song Ha Yoon, Lee Gikwang, and Gong Min Jung.

Based on a web novel by author Sung So Jak, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of terminally ill Kang Ji Won, who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min and her husband Park Min Hwan having an affair and gets killed by Park Min Hwan. Kang Ji Won travels back 10 years into the past and seeks revenge with Yoo Ji Hyeok, the head of a department who works at the same company as her.

Park Min Young will take on the role of Kang Ji Won, a woman who is greatly familiar with being patient with others. After getting murdered by her husband and her best friend, she revives 10 years in the past to start life anew. Viewers are highly anticipating Park Min Young’s transformation as she portrays the change in her character Kang Ji Won as she receives a second chance at life.

Na In Woo will transform into the handsome and intelligent Yoo Ji Hyeok. Although he is capable of doing anything he puts his mind to, he often fumbles in front of his one-sided love Kang Ji Won. Na In Woo raises anticipation for his transformation into Yoo Ji Hyeok, who may become Kang Ji Won’s greatest supporter.

Lee Yi Kyung is confirmed to take on the role of Park Min Hwan, Kang Ji Won’s husband before she goes back in time. Park Min Hwan is a self-centered person who thinks of himself to be the most important person in the world. He also has outdated views, considering his wife to be like his maid.

Song Ha Yoon will portray Kang Ji Won’s close friend Jung Soo Min. Unlike her seemingly pure persona, Jung Soo Min is a character who is completely twisted on the inside. Jung Soo Min’s dual-natured personality raises anticipation for Song Ha Yoon’s acting transformation.

Lee Gikwang will take on the role of the popular and handsome chef Baek Eun Ho who has history with Kang Ji Won and Jung Soo Min. An interesting point for Lee Gikwang’s character portrayal will be what course of action Baek Eun Ho will take after reuniting with Kang Ji Won, his first love from high school.

Gong Min Jung will round out the cast lineup with her transformation into Kang Ji Won’s colleague Yang Joo Ran. As a character who has only lost at work and at life, she will face a change as she meets Kang Ji Won in her second life.

“Marry My Husband” is slated to premiere on January 1, 2024 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 4

@gilaswan Kdramas are never good with time-travelling or time slipping (fantasy in general) stories. They are good at introducing us into their fantasy world, but not good at maintaining logic in their world building. But, I still watch them. HAHAHA! One example is Tomorrow, With You. I don't think the writer really explain how the ML and another character were able to time-travel, but I still finish the drama and enjoyed it.

I have decided that, after being burnt by DWY (which seem promising at the time!!!), I need to condition myself to stop hoping writers would give me closure in their fantasies. Maybe it's not the writers, but the PDs sacrificing a good story over trying to appease the supporting actors (note: my own speculation).

An account on Weibo gave more insights into the story of the novel, which is how I thought it might be interesting/more promising. At first, I was put off by the mention of revenge, but then it was her being given another chance at life. That said, I didn't like that in the original timeline, Na In Woo's character committed suicide after she died.

PMY is good with romance, so I'm interested to see how her chemistry is like with Na In Woo. But this storyline is more than just rom-com, so I'm a little interested. Will have to see how the previews are like to fully know.

@SilverMoonTea HAHAHA! Never say never.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 10/26/2023 at 5:58 AM, mademoiselle said:

They are good at introducing us into their fantasy world, but not good at maintaining logic in their world building. But, I still watch them.

You and me both. I think we normally watch the same shows together. :laugh:

It sounds interesting on paper, but it'll all depend on the execution. I feel similarly to everyone else when it comes to PMY's dramas. I don't dislike them, but I'm also not excited about them either. 

I like Na In Woo and I think he's improved a lot as an actor. I also like Lee Yi Kyung and I think he'll make such a good cheating husband. I don't know how to explain it but I think he has the range to really make the viewers hate this character. Haha!

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

You and me both.

Yeah, we both watched Bulgasal. The concept was good; the execution was another story :laugh:

Na In Woo has got the looks and height, but I haven't been woah by his acting. Haven't seen enough of his shows, too. I kept dropping his. I can imagine hating Lee Yi Kyung as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...