Marry My Husband 내 남편과 결혼해줘 [2024]

If the things that's meant to happen is inevitable, does that mean they will still happen around the same time as when they happened in their first life? Meaning, if Ji Hyeok is meant to die, does that mean he will die in 2023, or does it mean he will die earlier? This part is a little confusing to me because let's say that it'll happen around the same time as their first life, there's no need for Ji Hyeok to give up on living his happiest life. He should do all the things he regretted not doing in his first life now and think about his death in 8-9 years. 

Also, just because I've been following along with fashion week, the clothes Ji Won and Ji Hyeok are wearing do not match the timeline they're in. Ji Won wore a bag that was released in 2023 and Ji Hyeok was wearing a brand that didn't start until 2022. :laugh:

• Haha 3

After watching episode 8, I don't know who is more stupid -- Su Min or Min Hwan. I thought Su Min was stupid to let Min Hwan got under her skirt, and him having the gall to tell her to hush hush about it. But obviously, she's more manipulative so she knows how to keep him interested. Either way, feel like both are stupid.

I honestly would like to know how Ji Won got the No.1 flag back. Su Min had tore her name tag, by Running Man's rule, she should ideally be disqualified. Nonetheless, it's not important.

I also would like to know how the ending scene come about. I'm sure we will know more, but boy, this means Ji Hyuk went all out to help Min Hwan propose to Ji Won. But how did he approach Min Hwan regarding this? And who pays for the ring? Is it even real? I thought it was extremely pathetic how he proposed to her in previous life. OMG, what a nightmare. Candle of an ugly peanut butter toast? Really?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

If the things that's meant to happen is inevitable, does that mean they will still happen around the same time as when they happened in their first life?

Good question. I think it is not very clear yet. In addition, what events are considered "inevitable"? Obviously, as Ji Won changes her actions, some things will not be the same.

It was quite shiok to watch Ji Won tell Su Min she didn't like her anymore! Then she went off to cry about it to Ji Hyuk, and again when she caught the 2 making out 🙄 I get that she is a GOOD person and would feel sad about confirming that her long relationships meant nothing. But I think if my husband and BF had an affair and killed me, I would not have any feelings for them anymore, except despise. So this feels very artificial.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

After watching episode 8, I don't know who is more stupid -- Su Min or Min Hwan. I thought Su Min was stupid to let Min Hwan got under her skirt, and him having the gall to tell her to hush hush about it. But obviously, she's more manipulative so she knows how to keep him interested. Either way, feel like both are stupid.

😂 That brings to mind the question, do you play hard to get so the man continues to be interested, afterall once sampled the man loses interest. Or put it out so that he loves it so much he cannot do without?

Min Hwan is a real b******. He never had any real intentions with Su Min. For some reason, he only wants to marry Ji Won. Is it only for money? If so, then Su Min owning those stocks may be useful lol.

I honestly would like to know how Ji Won got the No.1 flag back.

Didn't Ji Won fight her for it? After Su Min snatched the flag, she was stunned for awhile, then fought back. They didn't show who actually won.

I also would like to know how the ending scene come about. I'm sure we will know more, but boy, this means Ji Hyuk went all out to help Min Hwan propose to Ji Won. But how did he approach Min Hwan regarding this? And who pays for the ring? Is it even real? I thought it was extremely pathetic how he proposed to her in previous life. OMG, what a nightmare. Candle of an ugly peanut butter toast? Really?

Ji Hyuk is good to the extreme 🙄 He wanted Ji Won to have a nicer memory of the 2nd proposal, though why that matters eludes me. Who cares about how nice the proposal is if you don't like the man right? But maybe to Ji Won, she remembers that event as from Ji Hyuk instead.

The ring is fake. I think the subtitles mention "cubic".

The pacing of this drama is quite good. Things are revealed faster than anticipated. Hope it continues well for the last 8 episodes.

• Like 2

@mademoiselle I actually don't understand why Ji Won still hanging around Min Hwan and Su Min. I know she explained it as what is bound to happen will happen, but that theory (rule of the game) is so confusing because then why she and Ji Hyuk are given a second chance at all, IF they cannot really change what is going to happen. "Marry my husband" ~ meaning marriage will still need to happen for Min Hwan, not for Ji Won then? Or, whatever event that happened to her, will happen anyway, she just needs to deflect it. So that means she will still get married, can she just choose a different groom then? Anyway... I have many other questions as well, but have decided am not going to think much about them. Will just continue watching for fun. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'm halfway through ep 7 (talk about speed watching... hahaha) and I like it that they didn't drag it out that both of them found out that each came from the future as it were. I don't like it that Ji Hyuk was iffy about him having to die to come back to the past, but hey, that's what noble idiocy and dramas are made of. 

I digress, but there's quite some nice palpable tension going on between them. Park Minyoung's last couple of pairings have been emm... 

So this thing about kitty. Is the kitty in his care now the same kitten during their uni days?

• Like 3

@Chocolate @Tofu I'm thinking the significant events that have happened will still happen (=inevitable), but of course, there will be some loophole because this is drama. But some events did change as well, for example, Su Min and Min Hwan got together earlier (because Ji Won set them up, and she upset Su Min which motivated her to punish Ji Won by seducing Min Hwan). And inasmuch as I didn't like Su Min getting "rich" from the share market, but @Chocolate your guess might be right that instead of seeing Ji Won as his ATM, and he had no interest in marrying Su Min before (and just want to bed her), he is likely to turn his attention towards Su Min because of this.

20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Didn't Ji Won fight her for it? After Su Min snatched the flag, she was stunned for awhile, then fought back. They didn't show who actually won.

She did, but by right, her name tag was torn. She should be disqualified. So I'd like to know how is it that they fought and Ji Won got the flag back.

Ji Hyuk is good to the extreme 🙄 He wanted Ji Won to have a nicer memory of the 2nd proposal, though why that matters eludes me. Who cares about how nice the proposal is if you don't like the man right? But maybe to Ji Won, she remembers that event as from Ji Hyuk instead.

The ring is fake. I think the subtitles mention "cubic".

IKR!!! But since Ji Won knows it was actually from Ji Hyuk, let's assume this is just to give him more brownie points towards Ji Won. Hahaha!

I did hear "cubic", but I didn't understand what that means. Hahaha!

Hopefully there's something to this so Ji Hyuk survives!

Yeah, I did notice why the orange cat again. So coincidental... like how? Or the process to travel back in time is to die? Actually, we don't know if he truly is dead. He had an accident, but he could be alive and in coma. He might wake up in 2023 and the future is changed.

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoiselle I actually don't understand why Ji Won still hanging around Min Hwan and Su Min. I know she explained it as what is bound to happen will happen, but that theory (rule of the game) is so confusing because then why she and Ji Hyuk are given a second chance at all, IF they cannot really change what is going to happen. "Marry my husband" ~ meaning marriage will still need to happen for Min Hwan, not for Ji Won then? Or, whatever event that happened to her, will happen anyway, she just needs to deflect it. So that means she will still get married, can she just choose a different groom then? Anyway... I have many other questions as well, but have decided am not going to think much about them. Will just continue watching for fun. 

She can't leave Min Hwan just like that because he'll turn violent. She is going to deflect her marriage to Su Min. Logically, I don't think Su Min will necessarily end up the way she did. Min Hwan might still cheat on Su Min, and she could potentially die like Ji Won did. Just not sure if Su Min will develop cancer, because Ji Won is the one has history of cancer in her family. If Ji Won swap her life with Su Min, she doesn't necessarily need to marry someone. But, this is also a romance drama, so I expected Ji Hyuk will become a pairing in the end. 

7 hours ago, gilaswan said:

So this thing about kitty. Is the kitty in his care now the same kitten during their uni days?

Yes, same kitty.

• Like 2

All caught up! I’m liking the pacing and development of the story, though I wonder which exactly are the inevitables, because it would seem as if every “inevitable” can still be moved around. Was the sacking of her immediate boss an inevitable?

So getting scaled was inevitable - it happened to Ji Hyun instead of Ji Won. 

That abusive director’s flare up in the airplane was inevitable - just what triggered him and was said in the process changed. 

Ji Hyun’s sister being moved out of the department - it won’t happen now?

The affair between Su Min and Min Hwan is inevitable- it just moved up in time line. 

Ms Yang becoming the Dept Manager happened instead of Su Min. 

Min Hwan’s marriage is inevitable - just with whom? 

I reckon Ji Won doesn’t dare to break up with Min Hwan still cos he has a temper issue. Ji Hyun helping with the proposal is prolly to make it clear she was not having an affair with him - Ji Won needs to remain blameless right through. But aiyoh. For sure his heart aches to see her getting proposed to by someone not himself. But above all, I reckon she wants it “public” so that Su Min can be jealous - which she now is and so she declares war. 

But Min Hwan is such an a**, and Su Min is a class A b with an itch. I’m glad Ji Won has told her off and are no longer friends. 

Then, what about poor Eun Ho? I hope Ji Hyuk’s noble idiocy doesn’t drag on for too long. He needs to tell Ji Won what he believes his end to be so that she too can help him change or deflect that. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

OK, OK, turns out Ji Hyuk threw an extravagant proposal party for Ji Won was because it's her birthday, and it's her first reborn birthday, so he wants to make it meaningful and memorable unlike what she initially had.

And goodness me, Su Min is super scary. I can't understand her at all. She's like a leech, just wouldn't let go after being fed unless blood is drawn. Min Hwan's mother is another nightmare and such huge red flag. If a to be mother-in-law says that to me at first meet, I wouldn't even sit through the meal. I'd just say goodbye and run for my life! Haven't we heard enough horror stories on in-laws to learn a thing or two? Ji Won is stupid. Even if she was desperate for a family, with a mother-in-law like that, I'd rather be alone.

That said, it felt good seeing Ji Won manipulate Min Hwan with the shopping and threw him to the ground. And I most definitely look forward to tonight's episode.

3 big slaps to his face and expose him for cheating in front of everyone... Woot. 

If this truly happen at my workplace, I'd think the work mates are being unprofessional. After all, there is no need an audience for your private life. But I understand the intention of why Ji Won did it publicly...

• Haha 1
On 1/25/2024 at 5:58 PM, mademoiselle said:

And inasmuch as I didn't like Su Min getting "rich" from the share market, but @Chocolate your guess might be right that instead of seeing Ji Won as his ATM, and he had no interest in marrying Su Min before (and just want to bed her), he is likely to turn his attention towards Su Min because of this.

Turns out the money is not a factor to the marriage. Min Hwan seems to be marrying her because she is "pregnant" and his mother now says she MAY buy him the house if he gave her a grandchild. Expecting a bust up when he finds out she is NOT pregnant lol. Woah, his speech to Su Min that she is not marriage material is really heartless eh! I'm surprised Su Min being as shrewd as she is will still accept his proposal. People always say, things said in the heat of the moment are usually true.

I think the money from her shares will either help her get away from him later, or for her revenge on him. Or perhaps they will fight over it since it may be considered "communal property"? Either way, the drama between these two is highly entertaining! Both actors are doing very well. Hate the characters but not the actors - quite an accomplishment that the audience can distinguish this.

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And goodness me, Su Min is super scary. I can't understand her at all. She's like a leech, just wouldn't let go after being fed unless blood is drawn. Min Hwan's mother is another nightmare and such huge red flag. If a to be mother-in-law says that to me at first meet, I wouldn't even sit through the meal. I'd just say goodbye and run for my life! Haven't we heard enough horror stories on in-laws to learn a thing or two? Ji Won is stupid. Even if she was desperate for a family, with a mother-in-law like that, I'd rather be alone.

Su Min is scary! Seemed a bit lunatic when she was obsessing that Ji Won didn't help her. At that moment, I was worried her focus would turn to revenge on Ji Won instead of her "love" for Min Hwan. From the preview, hopefully, those 2 will get married and Ji Won's plan is successful. Then I hope to see Su Min pushed to the brink by the MIL, go after the MIL with the chopper! 😂

6 more episodes left, which will likely show how Ji Hyuk can be saved. I like this drama but his noble idiocy and gloomy persona is a drag. So unnecessary. And why is he making arrangements to look after the cat? Even if he dies as he expects, that's 10 years later! Will the cat outlive him? How long do cats live anyway.

• Like 2

@mademoiselle I have to say, Na In Woo is giving me the 190+cm Rowoon vibes... Hahaha...

Agree Sumin is scary in how she manipulates and tries to steal everything from the one real friend that she had. And sad that Jiwon of old was too silly to allow herself to be treated in that way. But you know, that's how people in abusive relationships are - they end up being controlled and it's really not easy to step away from it all. I love it that the new Jiwon and new Jihyuk are learning that they need to take some measure of control over their own lives back into their own hands, though I hope Jihyuk makes "right" decisions - he's now manipulating the power he has and I'm not so sure he's using it all in the right way, e.g. getting his friends to scare Minhwan (though I must say that was also somewhat satisfying to watch).

Anyone reading the webtoon? It's following it somewhat closely...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Did you read it? I'd be interested to know which parts are different. Thanks!

Very minor differences. Ms Yang's personal storyline is a lot more fleshed out. She has marital problems too and seems to have "taken on" some of Jiwon's ill fortune, but I'm not sure if that will be played out in the drama. There's also this matter of what Jiwon thinks next needs to happen for Sumin to fully take on all of her misfortune - the cancer - but it's worrying if she does move in that direction! 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

BTS

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Su Min is scary! Seemed a bit lunatic when she was obsessing that Ji Won didn't help her. At that moment, I was worried her focus would turn to revenge on Ji Won instead of her "love" for Min Hwan. From the preview, hopefully, those 2 will get married and Ji Won's plan is successful. Then I hope to see Su Min pushed to the brink by the MIL, go after the MIL with the chopper! 😂

6 more episodes left, which will likely show how Ji Hyuk can be saved. I like this drama but his noble idiocy and gloomy persona is a drag. So unnecessary. And why is he making arrangements to look after the cat? Even if he dies as he expects, that's 10 years later! Will the cat outlive him? How long do cats live anyway.

Su Min is obsessed with Ji Won. It'd perhaps help if we have a bit more background to her upbringing. Based on the comments I'm reading, they did get married in the webtoon.

Ji Hyuk is surprisingly mopey rather than charming (after the makeover), which is disappointing. I hope he gets over his issue(s) soon. And you had me Googling on cat's life expectancy, LOL! Average lifespan is 13-14 years, but some rare ones live up to 30 years, so maybe it is possible the cat is still alive 10 years later. Never says never, I guess.

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I have to say, Na In Woo is giving me the 190+cm Rowoon vibes... Hahaha...

Hahaha! Then you must join me on Wedding Impossible, for Moon Sang Min will carry on that 190+cm Rowoon vibes for us. He's looking so fine in suit in the teaser preview.

• Haha 2

Ep 11.

Min Hwan treated Su Min horribly even before they were married. So many signs, Su Min being as smart as she is, should have recognised it and woke up. But she was obsessed with snatching the "family" from Ji Won. This is a hole she dug herself into. So silly.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:52 PM, gilaswan said:

Very minor differences. Ms Yang's personal storyline is a lot more fleshed out. She has marital problems too and seems to have "taken on" some of Jiwon's ill fortune, but I'm not sure if that will be played out in the drama.

Great to see Ms Yang standing up for herself. When they started to show similarities between Ms Yang and Ji Won's old life, I got worried for her and lo and behold

Spoiler

Ms Yang's got the stomach cancer!

But she will get cured right? Because she needs to end up with the Strategy guy lol.

This actor was the ace pitcher Kang Dooki in Hot Stove League. He was so suited for that role, I haven't been able to accept him in any other role!

What do you guys think about Park Minyoung's acting?

• Like 1
On 2/2/2024 at 2:46 PM, gilaswan said:

Well, she has every right to say she does not want him anymore cos he cheated on her! He's really all trash. Hahaha... But the web toon has quite a terrible end for Minhwan and his mother too. 

I'm on the cautious side, so if I want my plan to go through and seal the deal, I wouldn't show hand before Su Min and Min Hwan are legally married. She can say all that after we're sure they are indeed married. LOL.

---

To be honest, I'm not even thankful the 3 girls came to "revenge for Ji Won". I get they wanted to apologise, but I'd much prefer they apologise to Ji Won sincerely. Them doing all that was really revenge for themselves because they were being fooled by Su Min.

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Min Hwan treated Su Min horribly even before they were married. So many signs, Su Min being as smart as she is, should have recognised it and woke up. But she was obsessed with snatching the "family" from Ji Won. This is a hole she dug herself into. So silly.

Yeah. So dumb, LOL. I wanna know what are those papers (complaint of what?) Ji Won gave him.

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Great to see Ms Yang standing up for herself.

+1, finally, she grew some backbone. But I honestly don't understand why the stomach cancer was deflected to her instead?! If that's the case, then... Ji Hyuk has more chances to deflect his death too!

I also think there's something going on with her and the HR Director. He left U&K in the original timeline. I wonder if that had anything to do with Manager Yang as well?

Really don't like the ex-fiancée plot line... just makes the story become atypical and pathetic for this ex-fiancée's character.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

@mademoiselleI also don’t like the ex-fiancée plot line. It wasn’t in the webtoon. Actually, in the webtoon, Jihyuk committed suicide in 2023, so back in the past, there is no such “fear” for his eventual death since he knows being with Jiwon certainly means no regret that would lead him to end his own life. In that storyline, once they got together, they pretty much got together. 

I feel that with the original webtoon, there was enough story to not need the ex-fiancée appearing. hmm… But I do like that when she appeared, he held onto Jiwoon’s hands even more tightly. 

I too didn’t like that the so called “friends” came to mess up her Sumin’s wedding. What are they? Still in high school?? What kind of thanks could they possibly have wanted from the way they looked at Jiwon after showing up in this manner. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm on the cautious side, so if I want my plan to go through and seal the deal, I wouldn't show hand before Su Min and Min Hwan are legally married. She can say all that after we're sure they are indeed married. LOL.

Agree! Ji Won has been eager for her plan to succeed. Sometimes, she seems quite "evil" relishing it, her vindictive side shows too lol.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I wanna know what are those papers (complaint of what?) Ji Won gave him.

Min Hwan borrowed money from her earlier. She is serving him papers to sue him for the money haha.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselleI also don’t like the ex-fiancée plot line. It wasn’t in the webtoon. Actually, in the webtoon, Jihyuk committed suicide in 2023, so back in the past, there is no such “fear” for his eventual death since he knows being with Jiwon certainly means no regret that would lead him to end his own life. In that storyline, once they got together, they pretty much got together. 

I feel that with the original webtoon, there was enough story to not need the ex-fiancée appearing. hmm… But I do like that when she appeared, he held onto Jiwoon’s hands even more tightly. 

I too didn’t like that the so called “friends” came to mess up her Sumin’s wedding. What are they? Still in high school?? What kind of thanks could they possibly have wanted from the way they looked at Jiwon after showing up in this manner. 

Yes, originally Ji Hyuk killed himself. Initially, I thought this change was for the better because I didn't like that he killed himself for Ji Won. I also saw some episode 12's cuts. It seems like some "happenings" in there are stirring away from the original webtoon. 

Were those girls from high school came to Su Min's wedding in the webtoon?

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Agree! Ji Won has been eager for her plan to succeed. Sometimes, she seems quite "evil" relishing it, her vindictive side shows too lol.

I think she became "more evil" after Su Min wouldn't let her be. Kept setting her up to fail (the cooking class). I think that was the turning point where she decided she need not spare any more mercy for them. If I were Ji Won, I think I'd feel the same. Enough is enough. I actually feel she cuts her off too late, but for the drama effect, Su Min had stayed longer than she was welcome.

I guess "revenge" is all about "patience". LOL.

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Min Hwan borrowed money from her earlier. She is serving him papers to sue him for the money haha.

How, though? She'd need proof that he borrowed money from her. I can't remember if they recorded anything in writing?

• Like 1