Marry My Husband 내 남편과 결혼해줘 [2024]

Episode 1

Everything played out really quick here, Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young) time-slipped back to 2013 after she's killed by cheating husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung). I am thankful the cheating was a quick reveal, so the wailing/crying didn't get dragged out. The drama explained her time-slip as some sort of gift from her deceased father.

Even after going back 10 years before she's married to Min Hwan, she's already in a dirt hole with him. They are dating, but doesn't look like the company knew, and she's already allowing him to get a hold of all of her savings. Min Hwan is a huge red flag, as he's already shown signs of violence even before their marriage. Like, how, woman? Why are you so dumb?! I think this stemmed from her losing her parents too early in life, couple with a low self-esteem, she doesn't know she could do better.

She did ask to break up immediately, but he becomes violent. They went to the police station, but the police wouldn't believe her since Min Hwan hasn't actually hit her. Grrr, Korean law, honestly!

I find her fake BFF, Jung Soo Min, super weird. I understand the set-up is that she covets everything Ji Won has, but even when coveting something, she should be looking for something/someone better! Yet, she opted for Min Hwan. Or she plans to break up with him anyway after Ji Won dies? Even so, with the amount of time Min Hwan and Ji Won are married, she could have already found a better man herself. Anyway, I'll just go with the Kdrama logic here and watch on.

I'm all up for Ji Won starting a new love line with Yoo Ji Hyuk (Na In Woo). He's been watching out for her since her return to 2013. I am also interested to see how Ji Won plans and manipulates everyone around to change her fate.

Press Conference

• Like 3
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Everything played out really quick here, Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young) time-slipped back to 2013 after she's killed by cheating husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung). I am thankful the cheating was a quick reveal, so the wailing/crying didn't get dragged out. The drama explained her time-slip as some sort of gift from her deceased father.

Thank you for creating this thread. It is off to a good start. We did not have to watch FL suffer for a very long time. We were given enough info on her suffering. The cast is doing a great job and I was not sure if they would capture my attention. 

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I find her fake BFF, Jung Soo Min, super weird. I understand the set-up is that she covets everything Ji Won has, but even when coveting something, she should be looking for something/someone better! Yet, she opted for Min Hwan. Or she plans to break up with him anyway after Ji Won dies? Even so, with the amount of time Min Hwan and Ji Won are married, she could have already found a better man herself. Anyway, I'll just go with the Kdrama logic here and watch on.

I think there is more to her coveting Ji Won’s stuff. She is narcissistic and is extremely jealous of her. We have seen her home, she is very materialistic, and she is always looking for her next target ( someone who can lavish her with money and attention). Ji Won was that person but she did not realize that Ji Won’s boyfriend was emotionally abusive and would become violent. I am pretty sure he abused her too but she never saw it as a red flag. Ji Won suffers from abandonment issues. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Oh yay, @UnniSara, lovely to see you here!

With how episode 2 ended, I hope Ji Won got away with Soo Min's visit, even though she said she's not coming. I cannot wait for the day the Section Manager is fired. He's horrendous! Ji Hyuk, as the Department Manager, I hope he does something about it soon.

That whole unit team is kind of doomed, to be honest. A team filled with 3 lazy, untalented people. Dear me.

Soo Min is a terrible and horrible person. I was biting my handkerchief (figuratively speaking) again when she tried to steal Ji Won's idea and pitch it to the Section Manager. I honestly hope she didn't get her way!!! I hope Ji Hyuk can step in for this.

Anyway, I'm interested to see Ji Won turns her life around. And I'm happy she forms some camaraderie with her co-workers, which she wasn't able to before. Having said that, it also seems like there are more "new" challenge heading her way from Ji Hyuk's side, his father...?

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Episode 3

Always love a make-over scene! I think Hui Yeon is Ji Hyuk's sister. The preview suggested they are close. OK, her surname is Yoo, the same as Ji Hyuk. I'm 101% sure now. LOL! It made sense, she owns expensive earrings and has a stylist etc!

Song Ha Yeon who plays Soo Min is seriously good at playing this manipulative b*tch, especially at the part she so innocently made others think Ji Won stole Min Hwan from her. Her expression was just so on point, showing she's that harmless victim. Impressive.

Now that this reunion thing is over, I want the story to go back to the office because ARGH, her project is getting stolen over the weekend! I'm curious how will she turn it around. I half wanted Ji Hyuk to help, but half wanted to see Ji Won sort this out herself.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm looking for new watch buddies, because Tofu dumped me. Hahahaha!

I will wait for more episodes to decide... I don't have as much time now, so gotta be selective :cry: As it is, I am still yet to watch second part of My Dearest.... !!!

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm looking for new watch buddies, because Tofu dumped me. Hahahaha!

I watched up to ep3, because a friend was watching haha. The revenge scene during the reunion was quite satisfying. However, judging from ep1 & 2, this looks like one of those can watch, can don't watch type of drama, sorry! Plus, I'm not particularly fond of Park Minyoung - I think I've not watched a single one of her dramas fully. Will continue and let's see if the story develops well.

Her character so far is a little "schizophrenic". One moment she is a timid mouse who gets bullied by the best friend and boyfriend (not referring to her 1st life), then suddenly she becomes steely. Granted that she is trying to gain courage during this second chance, but the transition is not smooth/convincing enough.

But back to the premise. She died and then woke up 10 years earlier. Logically, in this 2nd life, although she can change her decisions/actions, there should be some things that cannot be changed eg her illness. However, she seems to think that if she can find someone to "replace" what would have been her role ie. marrying the boyfriend, then her life will be different? This is on one hand quite smart but also illogical.

The worrying part is the title "Marry My Husband". If it is 16 episodes of her trying to get the best friend to marry the boyfriend, then good luck to us!

• Haha 5
On 1/10/2024 at 10:44 AM, Chocolate said:

I watched up to ep3, because a friend was watching haha. The revenge scene during the reunion was quite satisfying. However, judging from ep1 & 2, this looks like one of those can watch, can don't watch type of drama, sorry! Plus, I'm not particularly fond of Park Minyoung - I think I've not watched a single one of her dramas fully. Will continue and let's see if the story develops well.

Her character so far is a little "schizophrenic". One moment she is a timid mouse who gets bullied by the best friend and boyfriend (not referring to her 1st life), then suddenly she becomes steely. Granted that she is trying to gain courage during this second chance, but the transition is not smooth/convincing enough.

But back to the premise. She died and then woke up 10 years earlier. Logically, in this 2nd life, although she can change her decisions/actions, there should be some things that cannot be changed eg her illness. However, she seems to think that if she can find someone to "replace" what would have been her role ie. marrying the boyfriend, then her life will be different? This is on one hand quite smart but also illogical.

The worrying part is the title "Marry My Husband". If it is 16 episodes of her trying to get the best friend to marry the boyfriend, then good luck to us!

Agree she may not be able to transfer her illness, because she has family history. Min Hwan mentioned that in episode 1. But, the illness may not occur if she takes good care of her health. Additionally, it may not be the last stage that led to death if she was diagnosed and is treated earlier. 

As for the title, I wouldn't worry about that. There was one Rowoon's drama with the title "Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick". He sure didn't tell his sunbae not to wear that lipstick for the whole 16 episodes. :lmao2: The drama will be about her changing her life, revenge and finding new love.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

As for the title, I wouldn't worry about that. There was one Rowoon's drama with the title "Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick". He sure didn't tell his sunbae not to wear that lipstick for the whole 16 episodes.  The drama will be about her changing her life, revenge and also found new love. 

Rowoon should have listened to his own advice for Destined with You 🤣

These dramas need to have better titles!

• Haha 6
Just now, Chocolate said:

Rowoon should have listened to his own advice for Destined with You 🤣

These dramas need to have better titles!

The English titles are terribly translated sometimes. Like Sunbae becomes "She Would Never Know". What is that, man? She found out he cheated in episode 2 or something!

• Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hello 

Yes I am still watching Marry My Husband @mademoiselle

Episode 4 ended with a deserving climax and a feeling of urgency for the next episode. 
i never expected to enjoy this drama but drama keeps surpassing my expectations and looking forward the next episode.

One reason I enjoy this drama is because it started on an interesting note, Ji Won believes to change her fate she has to transfer her fate to someone else. In Kdrama it can be possible but not in real life. This realization kinda made sense because for example: she was supposed to get burned by the pot, but when Ji Hyuk save her, he got burn scar ( at first o thought the scar was from needle marks until they explained) lol  I am so silly. 
Now for her cancer, she definitely can not avoid it if it is meant to be , but I don’t think the writer want us to believe it can happen. She can delay it like some of you said? If she takes care of herself. 

Another example , when she almost bumped into the trolley in the first life, but avoided it in the present,  due to fact she avoided, she still ended up getting hurt in the same place. If she had gotten someone else  there at the moment to got hurt , she would never had gotten hurt at all. 

Jung Soo Min is shameless and cruel. Watching her from the first life and present, it makes me so angry because Ji Won finally admits, there were some instances she knew her best friend was targeting her when she didn’t get her way. She made sure to isolate her from everyone, she she can be used. That is such a lonely life.  To see her be in romantic relationships that is abusive and friendship that is emotional abusive made me so angry. 

A nice touch to this story, is that Ji Won’s dad is playing matchmaker from beyond the grave. It was really sweet of him to mark her soulmate for her..

Flash. flash back scene 

Ji Won and Ji Hyuk may have slept together hence drinking is bad for Ji Won . 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Great moments for me 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d74a010b220aee171323

Ji Hyuk’s sister, hopefully she won’t lose her job this time around. Ji Hyuk is a very good brother. She is the apple of her grandfather’s eye. I am so happy his family is not toxic and there is a lot of love in their little family. 

Something to be happy for Ji Hyuk, can’t stand Jung Soo Min. All her tricks can never catch his eye. lol lol 

• Like 4

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d70e8dc38be453e426dc
 Going to have second male lead syndrome 

Sexy Ji Hyuk

Recollecting hi First Life 

• Like 4

On 1/14/2024 at 8:05 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Okay Na In Woo is smoking hot here.

I watched some clips... He does seem to portray a different kind of character here compared to his previous roles. Calmer...? 

I should have more time to watch dramas soon. Will try this, though I have to be honest, it's really hard for me to watch PMY who gets skinnier and skinnier. I know she has to lose weight for the role here, but still.... I had a difficult time and took quite long time adjusting to her in her last drama. It's similar to what I feel about UEE at one period of time, where she was so skinny, her cheekbones became so obvious. Now she is back to "normal" (for me). Sorry, I don't mean this to come across like body shaming, but it's just hard for me to see them as the person I remember them by. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love