Lovely Runner 선재 업고 튀어 [2024]

14 hours ago, JenL said:

I personally like time travel because it often involves things like looking whether fate is predetermined or whether you have agency to change things and also looking at the cause and effects of choices. Also when it's a love story, it means it's a love so deep that it literally lasts across time and space. 

Have you watched Queen In Hyun's Man? From 2011 I think. It's one of my fave time travel dramas. I love time travel too. Have watched almost all of them. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Posted (edited)

Kyaaa.... best accidental kiss ever!! :wow::love: Seriously, this director is so good and KHY and BWS are so good too. You know how for some accidental kiss we see the actors puckering up the lips, making it unnatural. This one is not! Seriously the best ever. So sweeet...

Tbh the beginning of the episode, I was feeling some scenes were rather over the top (ie. Sol frantically searching for the watch) but all the scenes between the OTP, though some cliches, made up for it. 

KHY is really good in crying scenes. Her wailing and sobbing made me cry two times here. Especially the last scene at the raised hut (how cute is that place!)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 9

Hmm, Sun Jae isn't dead, is Sol too rushed to use this one last chance? That said, I pity Sun Jae's unrequited love but then, I also really enjoy watching him "suffer" because Byeon Woo Seok is emoting just the way I like it, especially at the scene where Sol was drunk/crying. His own eyes were turning watery and red, and not knowing what she's talking about, you can see his heart goes soft at her tears. Boy is so whipped, I just love it.

I am super glad he's figured out she's from the future!!! The time did not freeze when she sang the song. Is that because Sun Jae has already "finished" the song? And I think there is a loophole in this time-freeze rule. Sol cannot tell Sun Jae, but Sun Jae could ask all the questions (like he did when she was drunk) and she can give him clues by answering his questions.

@JenL Interesting. Now that you've mentioned it, the time-travelling set-up does remind you a bit of Someday, One Day. Particularly with them being in love with one another, but can't really be together because they aren't in the correct timeline.

I don't mind time travel dramas or movies either, especially Back to the Future is one of my fave classics. However, I get why some of us might be tired of it because time travelling in Kdramas aren't always great with the logic, and the writers mostly fail to explain how it happens.

So which tier is this Oppa going to be? I've adopted him a while back (LOL!) so I cannot adopt again. My adoption rate has dropped tremendously since last year 😭

@ktcjdrama @JenL Did you guys watch 20th Century Girl? It's available on NF. Byeon Woo Seok is in there, and he's very likeable in there. It's because of this movie that the director thinks he suits this role. Just before LR started, I even made an effort to watch Soulmate because he's in it. HAHAHA! Unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of screen time and the story mainly focus on the two girls. Not exactly a happy movie, either. I should really make an effort to watch Strong Girl for him. I don't think I'll like the drama (and no feel for the FL) but I want to see how his acting is as a villain.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
Posted (edited)

Episode 10's cuts

Sun Jae knows and believes Sol!

Gosh, this scene from episode 10 just killed me... the tears! Just the way I like it. And Sun Jae's dialogues, "... if I die saving you... it's OK. I'm alright with that." Gaaaah!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you guys watch 20th Century Girl? It's available on NF. Byeon Woo Seok is in there, and he's very likeable in there.

Not yet. Will put it on watch list.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I should really make an effort to watch Strong Girl for him. I don't think I'll like the drama (and no feel for the FL) but I want to see how his acting is as a villain.

Hahaa... he's good. More chemisty between him and the FL than ML with FL... Many viewers loooking forward more to their interactions, and some are rooting for his redemption.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hahaa... he's good. More chemisty between him and the FL than ML with FL... Many viewers loooking forward more to their interactions, and some are rooting for his redemption.

😆 That's what I've read, and I did create the drama thread because he looked so dashing in suits 😂😂😂

Girls, ottokae, I can't with these expressions from Sun Jae.

img.gif

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

img.gif

Seeing her cries, he wants to cry with her, too...

Alternate link in case @Alice Wonderland you can't see the GIFs:
https://x.com/RuHe_628/status/1787483244214231529

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Another tears abounding ending. Happy tears though... :heart:

I was getting so dap-dap-hae with all the 口是心非 from Sol regarding her feelings for SJ. I mean, time is so precious here, but she kept pushing SJ away. It's a good thing that we have some progress by the end of the episode. The writer is good with the pacing. However, given that we still have 6 episodes, what else is in store here? Please don't become draggy at the end.... We see the future changed at the epilogue. No longer 4-member Eclipse, but 3-member Destiny. What happened to SJ? 

LOL at the drenched show-down to determine who is the alpha male. So petty these two...

Can't wait for next episode!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Posted (edited)

Ep 9 made me laugh a lot and Sol never fail to makes me feel embarassed along with her. It feels transcending to my screen. Then we see how ep 10 ending made us cry along with the two. Gosh, the scenes r amazingly good. I love it. It's sad but it hurts so good. 

@mademoiselle I can see both gifs from both links. Thanks Ryu oppa is just so handsome, feeling jealous at Sol that his eyes always only for Sol and Sol. Where could we find Ryu in real life???? 😫😫

Whenever I saw their kiss bts, i feel so lonely 😂🤣🤣😆 I wonder how come they can control their feeling not to falling for each other with the rate of multiples sweet scenes for almost every episodes. Their on and off screen chemie r just amazing and felt so real. KHY is trully the oyster sauce chenistry queen. Like I ever said she even could be so good even with a wood. 😄 I like her acting at the beginning of ep 10, when she becomes mentally unstable while searching the watch desperately. I like her scenes with in Hyuk too. When she asked him and she answered she will find it herself. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 4
Posted (edited)

@Alice Wonderland @ktcjdrama Did you watch the BTS posted above? There are some 🍬🍬🍬 in there. I especially like the one from episode 10 ending scenes. He was comforting Hye Yoon for so long because she hasn't gotten out of her character. So sweet. He's so gentle, nice and sweet to Hye Yoon that she doesn't hit him like she does with Rowoon 😆

Byeon Woo Seok is really getting super popular because of this drama. He's having FMs in Taipei ( @JenL!!!), Bangkok, Hong Kong and Korea. He's just recently gone on Running Man, and will appear on You Quiz. Eeek!

---

I'm writing this before I watch episode 10 with subs, @ktcjdrama, I'm a bit worried about what will the rest of the 6 episodes be about too. But I'm thinking episode 11 the focus is likely on them being lovey-dovey and enjoying the limited time they could with one another (I fear we might lose our @SilverMoonTea here). Episode 12 will be the angst and confrontation with the Killer. Sol goes back to 2023 in episode 13. I have a feeling there is still one last confrontation with the Killer in 2023 because it's not possible to have happiness for 4 episodes. She may change something in 2009 that affects 2023, but the Killer still comes out of jail seeking revenge. However, this time, both of them will be more cautious and prepared along with Kim Tae Seong and his Dad. The issue is, if they are too prepared, when it actually happens it could be very lacklustre, much like Marry My Husband.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

He's so gentle, nice and sweet to Hye Yoon that she doesn't hit him like she does with Rowoon

Haha... he is much older than she is, I guess there's that sunbae-respect too. Unlike Rowoon who is same age.

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

However, this time, both of them will be more cautious and prepared along with Kim Tae Seong and his Dad. The issue is, if they are too prepared, when it actually happens it could be very lacklustre,

Agree. I just hope it won't become draggy with fillers. Maybe they could've kept it at 12 episodes only. Anyway, some viewers even speculated that SJ will time travel too.... I'd rather not see this plot though.

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha... he is much older than she is, I guess there's that sunbae-respect too. Unlike Rowoon who is same age.

Haha, in the earlier BTS she was filmed hitting both him and the PD at the swimming pool. But overall, you can see Woo Seok doesn't behave like an annoying sibling you want to kill. And yes, agreed he is older, so there's a certain respect there. She calls him Oppa 🥰

Re: Sun Jae time travelling — I kind of don't think we have time for this. Plus, Sol already used up the quota.

I wonder if the writer (or the original web novel) explains how the time travel happens. Too many dramas don't so I guess no surprise if this one doesn't either.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I mean, time is so precious here, but she kept pushing SJ away

Cuz she thought by avoiding him could prevent him to meet the taxi driver. But it's fun, since the way she runs away from him is just so hillarious, that game and dance punishment r just so fun. Sol is too desperate to send him away but he ends up coming back at her. 😄

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I knew that accidental kiss was not easy to shoot!

It took several bumps as rehearsals before the scene taken. I wonder how come they won't fall in love. On top of that they film the whole drama for months. 

@mademoiselle I watch all their bts, drama promo cfs and all. Lols. I did this as well with EY. Both drama and their bts r just fun to watch. As for BWS, the feeling is much more like they're mature couple. Since he is an oppa for her, and handsome one 🤭😍 and he seems pretty caring at her too, like, like a real boyfriend, hahaha. Which part you refer to? The one when he wipes her tears after the cut or when he keeps touching her back to warm her? Gosh, BWS is so touchy, 🤣

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyway, some viewers even speculated that SJ will time travel too.... I'd rather not see this plot though

Me too, and I dont think that he will too. But well who knows. Let's see. 

Btw I ever read somewhere out there once thing in the past changed it affects the current timeline then it makes her directly travels back to the future. And she still can't spill about the future. The time stops if she did. I really like this part. Since it sets a different for LR, wile other time travele themed drama we know they won't twll about the future but not because they can't but choose not to do so and we dont know why, 😄

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Cuz she thought by avoiding him could prevent him to meet the taxi driver. But it's fun, since the way she runs away from him is just so hillarious, that game and dance punishment r just so fun. Sol is too desperate to send him away but he ends up coming back at her.

I didn't mind the "torture" for Sun Jae, coz I enjoyed watching him emote sadness, rejection, frustration etc. The angst of one sided love (from Oppa) is always quite enjoyable...

It took several bumps as rehearsals before the scene taken.

I was actually thinking if this happened in real life, both would have lost their front teeth. 😅 Coz if the drunk is really unconscious, the whole body weight would fall on that other person (I've seen my classmate drunk and all the boys struggle to carry her, especially she's not small in height or size).

Which part you refer to? The one when he wipes her tears after the cut or when he keeps touching her back to warm her? Gosh, BWS is so touchy,

Yes, him rubbing her back and upper arm, as well as hugging her. Initially, it was rehearsal then the rubbing scene the caption said he was comforting her because she needed time to get out of her character's emotions. That was sweet. I remember when Hye Yoon was stressed when she messed up her lines, RW comforted her by putting her back, and the vibe is just different. Haha. Woo Seok got me heart these days (and everyone else's - so much competition all of a sudden! Hahaha)

Since it sets a different for LR, wile other time travele themed drama we know they won't twll about the future but not because they can't but choose not to do so and we dont know why,

Depends on the set up of each time travelling story. Often it is because of the butterfly effect. It actually doesn't make sense why time would freeze when Sol tried to speak of the future. But, it's ok, I'm prepared none of these would be addressed. 😆

• Haha 4

@mademoiselle i wish it could monday again now, I just cant wait where they have left us, "Did I die while trying to save you? I'm okay, you just nees to like me" , and she just speechless, crying, whoahhh.. I know if it's not these two the lines and the scene could go so wrong and cheesy. But here, it feels so deep. I watched a clip of the director asked why the actors are the one are casted for LR. He answered that the writer choose KHY then wrote Sol character based on her. No wonder Im Sol is so well-acted by her. And they chosed whe whole casts well, I like each one of them. 

41 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That was sweet. I remember when Hye Yoon was stressed when she messed up her lines, RW comforted her by putting her back, and the vibe is just different. Haha. Woo Seok got me heart these days (and everyone else's - so much competition all of a sudden! Hahaha)

Oh, right. I remembered that. RW did that too. Eh, what competition? Who with who? 😄

Did you find the bts with eng sub? I watched them without sub, partially understood but some r just me grining at the two, they're so cute couple!

Ah, btw I just remember BWS acted alongside KDM, have you watched it? I'm scared that he'll emd up dying again 😆  come to think of this, my fave kactress mostly started with Kim, Kim and Kim, hahaha

• Like 4

@Alice Wonderland That scene where the tears fell from his right eye as he said those lines was so OMG "LOVEEEE" for me. I tagged @abs-oluteM as a must watch now, coz of this. Hahaha!

Yes, I did come across a report about HY and it took 3 years to make this drama because a lot of actors rejected Sun Jae's role because the plot is about a fan with superstar. The PD also saw BWS in 20th Century Girl and thought he would be perfect for the role as he was convincing as a student and an adult.

Competition - me with every other girls that became his fans. He is super popular on my TL. I would see a flood of QoT over the weekend but immediately it would be BWS dominating the rest of the week on my TL. 

Kim Dami? Yes, before LR aired, I made an effort to watch him in Soulmate. His role is not too heavy in there, as in the story is significant on the girls' friendship, not him. He more or less caused the break between the girls' friendship. But no, nothing happen to him here. I think Sun Jae is my top fave of him and then 20th Century Girl. I have actually seen a lot of the dramas he was in as supporting roles, LOL. But I haven't seen Strong Girl (in full) and Moonshine where his roles are heavier. Have anyone seen Moonshine? Is it good? He plays a Crown Prince in there. I drop Record of Youth, and I don't want to pick it back up because I dislike the writer and the drama was meh.

• Haha 5
Posted (edited)

@mademoiselle he watched him in CG? Lols, he must know well he's famous for his dead characters. Yeah, I cant imagine as well if SJ is not him. He's perfect for the role! Like you said I like him here most as well as him in CG. Others r not too compelling. I watched RoY because of PBG, in the past I still manage to finish most dramas I started even I dislike it in the long run. But now, I could drop dramas any moment I feel like to.😄 So because of that, I know BWS first in there, I was thinking he should have his own drama as he is quite handsome, 😆.

And SWNS he's just a villain which appears one or two scenes. I dont watch him fully as I know he wont have that much screem time. I can say he is much better than the lead, remember the lead the guy who I dont like, the More Than Friends male lead, I complained about the drama at you or Silvermoontea in the past. If you still remember. And he is still not captivating me as well here. So yeah, skip! Moonshine, err the main couple isnt that interesting, I always find myself dropping their dramas too, dunno why hahaha, skip too! Now I just need to see how is Soulmate for me.

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Competition - me with every other girls that became his fans. He is super popular on my TL

Lols, that was hard, I already give up, I'm happily giving up as the guys already have their HI and Sol. And I like these girls, so they can marry my oppas too. 😄

The still cuts, the last pic of her grabbing his jacket tight, that was sad and cute in the same time. I like the hightlight. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2

@Alice Wonderland I thought Strong Girl Nam Soon, his role is heavier?! I saw how he died in the ending, though. Maybe I should look into Weibo to see if anyone did a cut of all his scenes. LOL!

Ong Seong Wu's best drama and character is his debut drama, Moment of 18. Tofu eventually watched it and liked it.

59 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Lols, that was hard, I already give up, I'm happily giving up as the guys already have their HI and Sol. And I like these girls, so they can marry my oppas too.

How to give up when he looks so good like this!

72f858d3gy1hpibxt3lgqj20u011ge3y.jpg

Spoiler

72f858d3gy1hpibxvhxd3j20u011ih20.jpg
6da7170bgy1hphuyrdcxgj215o1mxdp6.jpg

By the way, anyone has Weverse account? He opened one and posted these, and they say so many people visited that it crashed the domain/system.

GNH1a-Qoaw-AABYRx.jpg
GNH1a-FYa-YAAj-MIL.jpg

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle I will start this weekend. I had to finish some other shows first as you know. Those really tortured my soul but I cannot leave something hanging since I was almost at the finish line. 

:laugh:

Eh nobody gonna watch The Midnight Romance at Hagwon with me ? It is gonna start this weekend ... I need to hard sell here also :D

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I will start this weekend. I had to finish some other shows first as you know. Those really tortured my soul but I cannot leave something hanging since I was almost at the finish line. 

Did you mean "Nothing Uncovered"? :laugh:

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Eh nobody gonna watch The Midnight Romance at Hagwon with me ? It is gonna start this weekend ... I need to hard sell here also

You might need to be the guinea pig first. Are you familiar with this PD's works?

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you familiar with this PD's works?

Yes  - I watched  Something in The Rain His style is definitely in the trailers for Hagwon . I know SITR also tortured my soul but the writer is different from SITR & One Spring Night - so fingers crossed. 

4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:
8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you mean "Nothing Uncovered"? :laugh:

Yes. :poliWeird: 16 hours . My oppas powered me through. Even Blood Free went a lil haywire as the episodes progressed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)