A Shop for Killers 킬러들의 쇼핑몰 [2024]

A Shop for Killers 킬러들의 쇼핑몰

GDnnt-Kxaw-AAev6-G.jpg

Korean Title: Killerdeului Shoppingmall / 킬러들의 쇼핑몰
English Title: A Shop for Killers / The Killer's Shopping Mall
Adapted From: Sarinjaui Syopingmol by Kang Ji Young (novel)
Director: Lee Kwon and No Kyu Yeob 
Writer: Kang Ji Young, Lee Kwon, and Ji Ho Jin
Network: Disney+ and Hulu
Episodes: 8
Release Date: January 17th, 2024
English Subtitle: Hulu and Disney+

Synopsis:

Shortly after entering college, Jeong Ji An (Kim Hye Jun) receives a call from the police informing her of her uncle’s “suicide”. Her uncle, Jeong Jin Man (Lee Dong Wook) raised her since the death of her parents. Jin Man has always been quiet and mysterious but never suicidal. before Ji An has a chance to think, her life is turned upside down by a flurry of gunfire, murder drones and more, as a medley of highly skilled assassins inexplicably turn their focus to killing her. Pinned down in her uncle’s home, Ji An is forced to revisit some of the bizarre training her uncle gave her throughout her formative years if she hopes to survive long enough to discover what is going on. (Credit)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Main Cast.

GDhv6-JWbo-AAob-Eq.jpg

Lee Dong Wook as Jeong Jin Man

GDhv6e-Tb0-AAqk-D.jpg

Kim Hye Jun as Jeong Ji An

Supporting Cast.

Spoiler

GDhv6vca-UAAmg2-Q.jpg

Seo Hyun Woo as Lee Seung Jo

GDhv6-wa-QAA3-I1-Q.jpg

Jo Han Sun as Bale

GDhv7dnas-AAD8f0.jpg

Park Ji Bin as Bae Jeong Min

GDhv7u-Jao-AA3-IFT.jpg

Geum Hae Na as So Min Hye

GDhv8x-Kb-QAATXEr.jpg

Lee Tae Young as Brother

GDhv8-Nla-EAA-Buv.jpg

Kim Min as Pasin

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

For almost eight years, Jin Man did not contact or visit his family. No one in his family knows what he's been doing all those years. After reconnecting with them, his mom, brother, and sister-in-law die from mysterious deaths. This leaves Jin Man to raise his niece, Ji An. One day, Ji An is caught beating up a guy who went into the woman's bathroom. The police is adamant that she calls her guardian to the police station. When she calls her uncle, she learns that he committed suicide. Ji An does not believe that he was suicidal, but she doesn't have much time to think about it. Ji An is being hunted by assassins and while trying to stay alive, she remembers the past -- how her uncle came back into their life, how she ended up living with him, and all the skills he taught her throughout the years. It switches between the past and present as Ji An recalls her memories. She learns that her uncle's business selling hoes is a front for his actual business. Jin Man is an arm's dealer and he sells weapons on the dark web. 

The first two episodes were good. The way the drama was filmed is more like a movie than it is a drama (not sure if this makes any sense, but I couldn't figure out how to describe it). It's a bit more violent than I thought it was going to be. Jin Man is a very mysterious man and I'm curious to find out more about what he did for a living all those years. 

I love the relationship between Jin Man and Ji An. This was one of my favorite scenes of them.

However, I think the scene that broke my heart was when Ji An was running away from all the assassins in the hospital. She ran into the morgue and had no place to hide. She ended up opening one of the doors where they kept the deceased and climbed in. She finds out the dead person inside was her mom! Honestly, whoever this child actress is. She was amazing! :pandachamp:

They are adorable, right? :heart:

ASFK-01.gif
ASFK-02.gif

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Finale next week!

You can binge this weekend! Go go!

Hahahahaha!! Ok, I will have a go at it. Success rate is higher if it's close to being done. 😅😅

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 1/18/2024 at 1:48 PM, Tofu said:

The first two episodes were good. The way the drama was filmed is more like a movie than it is a drama (not sure if this makes any sense, but I couldn't figure out how to describe it). It's a bit more violent than I thought it was going to be. Jin Man is a very mysterious man and I'm curious to find out more about what he did for a living all those years. 

I love the relationship between Jin Man and Ji An. This was one of my favorite scenes of them.

Really good. I was on the edge of my seat especially in the 2nd half of episode 2 when JiAn was being hunted & surrounded by those drones. But yet just moments ago I was in tears for this poor girl who hid herself in the morgue hugging her mother's dead body...my goodness. How does one even get through such trauma? I do love that unspoken love and trust between uncle and niece , so it really pains me that the story already starts off with him being dead. JiAn will have to find out the truth about his death. My hope is that her friend is not some sort of red flag or sheep in wolf's clothing. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I think the use of a hyena carrying the forearm was such an interesting way to highlight Ji An's trauma. Her escape from this trauma happened when he uncle returned like he promised, although, a bit late. 

They have a very unique bond. Ji An never cried when her parents died, but she was sobbing after processing that she would never get to see her mysterious health and safety promoting uncle again. :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu, you have to hold the end of your bargain coz I've started watching. 😁

Now, this green colour code thingie. I thought green colour means they cannot be harmed, so why are the killers all coming for Ji An (and killed Jin Man)?

I'm looking forward to see flashback of her learning survival skills unknowingly from Samchun. I thought it was cool that she found the sniper underneath the sofa and knew how to use it. Obviously, Jin Man taught her. How can she never suspect though...

The little girl is Ahn Se Bin. She appears in many kdramas we watched. She was the little sister in Racket Boys, too.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 1/20/2024 at 7:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

I thought green colour means they cannot be harmed, so why are the killers all coming for Ji An (and killed Jin Man)?

I think we'll probably find out more in the next couple of episodes why the killers are after them. 

What would you guys do if your most trusted person is an arms dealer? I would not know how to process that information. :scaredpanda2:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Bae Jeong Min's demeanor completely changed when they were inside the shopping mall. He went from someone who was scared to someone with lots of confidence, talked back, and even took action against Brother. I have no idea why Ji An was not able to figure this out when they were going back and forth. She's not as intuitive as I thought she would be given the training she's had from Jin Man. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I'm disappointed Jin Man didn't train Ji An on sniper. I haven't watched the next episode, but agree I've been quite suspicious of Jeong Min...

Omg, Ji An frustrates me. It was so obvious that Jeong Min is fishy.

E5-6 Preview

OK, I'm glad we get to learn Jin Man's past as a killer...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 3

I caught both episodes on my flight . I really somehow hope he’s still alive . He’s been preparing her for a time like this & it was painful when she thought she felt like she had no freedom when all he wanted was to protect her. But she’s going to know that now .

And Bae Jong Min …urghh I had this bad  feeling from the start. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So Jin Man was the team leader ( NIS, army? )...the other guy seems to think Jin Man doesn't like him. 

This seems to be linked to an organisation called Babylon - he was a mercenary / hired killer.

I just completed eps 5 and about to go into eps 6. I refuse to believe Jin Man is dead. He killed himself? That doesn't seem characteristic for someone like him. He clearly knew it was not JiAn's voice asking for help. That body was it even his or did he just pretend to be dead? Got to be a twist, no? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM I am convinced that if Bale can be attacked and survive that many times, then Jin Man can come back alive too. 

Jin Man is a very smart man. He knew what Jeong Min was doing which is why he freely offered his computer to him. Brother is always watching the surveillance cameras. I can't imagine that Brother willingly let Jin Man fall into Jeong Min's trap. That just doesn't seem plausible to me. Jin Man prepared his entire house for an attack like this, he wouldn't have offered up his life like that. I refuse to believe that he went down that easily. :niu:

I was really frustrated watching Bale and the rest of the Babylon team. I cannot believe the team just stood there or gave Bale the weapons to kill the civilians. I felt so bad for the team member who tried to condemn Bale and whatever that sniper guy's name is. I would like Jin Man to come back and stop Bale and Babylon. Or better yet, maybe Ji An can be the one to finish them. 

Moving on...it's the first time they met. :heart:

ASFK-07.gif

This is a horrible gif, but Lee Dong Wook can walk by me any time. :wow::lmao2:

ASFK-09.gif

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM I am convinced that if Bale can be attacked and survive that many times, then Jin Man can come back alive too. 

Yes , after episode 6, I am convinced too that all is possible. I am glad that we had a whole episode dedicated to Jin Man - at least we know now what he used to do and why he ended up selling guns. We can also understand MinHye's loyalty to him at the risk of losing her own life since he first saved her. 

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

but Lee Dong Wook can walk by me any time. 

I will stand next to you.  :laugh:

• Haha 4