A Shop for Killers 킬러들의 쇼핑몰 [2024]

Yeah, +1.

No way Jeong Jin Man will kill himself just like that. I don't know how he fakes it (some weird medicine he takes and bleed himself), but there is no way he would take his own life without verifying Ji An is safe.

LOL, Bale is the new Rambo :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I will stand next to you.

Let's all get saved by Lee Dong Wook too! :lmao2:

You know that scene where Ji An was saved by Pasin? I was lowkey hoping that Jin Man would show up even though it made more sense for Pasin to be there. Pasin seems like he was one of the only person who continued to stand by Jin Man during the power struggle on their team. In which, I have to comment that the way the showed the switch in power on the plane was done really well. 

ASFK-12.gif

Do you guys think that Jin Man was selling weapons to Babylon or just other people? I'm under the impression that Babylon wants Jin Man dead so they might not be buyers of his shopping mall. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I've just done 2 episodes.

Agree that chemistry between uncle and niece is fantastic. The way he taught her to be independant is interesting - maybe parents should learn this instead of coddling their children (I get irritated when parents call me on behalf of their University going kids to ask questions!) hahaha.

I also have the same questions (1) why are people killing Jin Man's whole family, including his mum?, bro and SIL? And why the niece now? (b) Ji An's friend is likely evil...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

You know that scene where Ji An was saved by Pasin? I was lowkey hoping that Jin Man would show up even though it made more sense for Pasin to be there. Pasin seems like he was one of the only person who continued to stand by Jin Man during the power struggle on their team. In which, I have to comment that the way the showed the switch in power on the plane was done really well. 

Me too. I was wondering if Pasin was that guy who stood by Jin Man. Pasin was also the one who saved Jin An when she was younger right?

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I also have the same questions (1) why are people killing Jin Man's whole family, including his mum?, bro and SIL? And why the niece now? (b) Ji An's friend is likely evil...

I wish tell you but it will spoil the fun. So far it has been very good for me....so much so I wish it would be a longer series. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM No, the guy who saved younger Ji An was not a Thai, but a Japanese named Honda. I think he was killed by Lee Seong Jo then and there. We see him in flashbacks, if I'm not mistaken.

@Tofu To be honest, I was expecting to see Lee Dong Wook a bit more competent and capable than Bale. But if it weren't for Min Hye, Jin Man may not have been able to subdue Bale during their one on one.

Not sure if Jin Man sells weapons to Babylon. There appears to be more backstory than shown. And since Babylon sent out all their men to capture Ji An, could this be a plan to allow Jin Man infiltrate Babylon and take down the rest of Babylon mercenaries, including Captain, or at least allow him to negotiate a deal out of this sticky situation? Then double back later to deal with Bale and et al. Regardless, Bale wants blood.

@Chocolate I wanted to tell you, too, but seeing @abs-oluteM said not to spoil you, I guess you'll just have to binge it. It is weekend after all, hahahaha! Go! Go! I actually like it every time Jin Man says "Listen up..." :laugh: It's just the way LDW said the line...

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

No, the guy who saved younger Ji An was not a Thai, but a Japanese named Honda. I think he was killed by Lee Seong Jo then and there. We see him in flashbacks, if I'm not mistaken.

Is this the guy that became the reason for Ji An's trauma (the wolf with the ripped forearm)?

@mademoiselle Is Bale the one calling the shots, or is it still the Captain? The Captain just stood back when Bale told the twins that they needed to go kill Ji An. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I actually like it every time Jin Man says "Listen up...

Same! I really like the LDW said this line too. 

Yay @Chocolate!! I'm glad you started watching. :duckhearts:

• Like 4

Just done ep 5.

There are some parts where I wished Ji An was a little smarter. Like why ask the guy who is sensitive to light to free Jeong Min, then question him? If you are not sure, then leave him tied up while you question him. But she is a 20 year old who feels indebted. Plus all this happened suddenly right after the Uncle’s funeral (it feels like so much time has passed but it actually has not). So she is handling it remarkably well in the circumstances.

Figured out uncle has an enemy. Probably the guy he testified against. So the killing of the family is revenge.

A question is if Jeong Jinman is really dead. I find it hard to believe he would commit suicide just because of the sound clip, and without trying to save the niece first. He is so savvy, surely he would not believe that they would release her after he dies. I’d like to think his death is a hoax to lure his enemy out.

Side thought, 1 of the killers going into the house is quite cute. My first thought was “what a waste, you’re going to die” 😂.

Is the last episode this coming Wed or need to wait until next week?

• Haha 4
47 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Side thought, 1 of the killers going into the house is quite cute. My first thought was “what a waste, you’re going to die”

I want to know who this person is that made our @Chocolate's heart flutter a bit. Please share! Hahaha! 

The drama ends this Wednesday (Feb 7th). 

• Haha 4

WHAT IS THAT ENDING, GUYS?!!! :pandarage2:

===

Bale is no where to be seen. Jin Man is injured — means he must have fought Bale. I hope he took down Babylon's leader and his family too, since he broke his promise. Why have Pasin and Min Hye disappeared? Did she die? Or fainted so Pasin has to take her to seek medical attention. Sigh, I don't like splitting the stories up like this. This means it has a season 2. I feel cheated.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle Yes, they must be planning for a S2. ( On Naver Chat, I saw some comments that it is supposedly airing in March) So annoying. I really wanted to know how he stayed alive....Bale is he even dead? After all that waiting , and they give this halfhearted ending. 

To be fair, there was a lot I liked in eps 7 as it completed the story telling - we saw  how they killed JinMan's family and how he got this entire shopping mall thing set up including the few that he has recruited. Then episode 8 was torturing me no end since we came back to the present, and I kept checking the time to see how many minutes we had left. :laugh: I guess the purpose of this was so that  we see JiAn get a taste of blood as she avenged her parents. [I must say I was impressed to see that Jin Man's immaculate planning even included a clean up crew for the bodies.] 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

One day has passed. I'm still mad with the ending.

I was giving the production company or Disney+ a chance to release news that they will have S2 soon. But I don't think I've come across any news about it as of now.

This ending gave me the same "WTF" feeling when I got to the end of Gone with the Wind. Gone with the Wind was 4 hours long. This show is 8 hours!

I need closure! Why can't shows give us proper closure?

I knew Jin Man wasn't dead when the drama showed us how he died. I knew he planned and prepared all of this because he knew this day would come (confirmed in episode 7). But this doesn't mean we, the audience, don't need to see or know how he handle the Leader of Babylon and Bale!

There is definitely a better way to end a story-telling than this half-assed style. I feel like throwing banana peels at Lee Dong Wook at the moment. Hmph.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Yeah. Honda's death was brutal, especially he's such a cutie. 😆 Lee Seung Joo met his own karma, too. He chopped Honda's fingers/hand to get his weapon, Ji An chopped his head off. That was a satisfying one shot to his head, I'll be honest. I was also getting tired of watching that scene and wanted it to end.

Oh, because I was so preoccupied with how it ends, I forgot to share that I really didn't like it whenever Seung Joo mentioned "We are family" to his team. 

Spoiler

It reminded me at workplace, a manager said the same thing to the employees (=you're at my disposal and my subordinate). I see this as a huge red flag when someone says this. Even the mention "We're a team" sends untrustworthy vibes. LOL. What's everyone's thought on this?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
On 2/9/2024 at 6:21 AM, mademoiselle said:

Oh, because I was so preoccupied with how it ends, I forgot to share that I really didn't like it whenever Seung Joo mentioned "We are family" to his team. 

Hide contents

It reminded me at workplace, a manager said the same thing to the employees (=you're at my disposal and my subordinate). I see this as a huge red flag when someone says this. Even the mention "We're a team" sends untrustworthy vibes. LOL. What's everyone's thought on this?

Well, I treat my family worse than my friends, so by all means, be my family! 😂

I didn't the mind the ending. Since Jinman didn't appear until at the end, figured there would be S2 so I was prepared! Looking forward to it.

• Haha 3

@Chocolate But I don't wanna S2! Why can't they just finish it in one setting. Make it 12, 14 or 16 episodes. I don't care. Just don't split it up like that and then tells us absolutely nothing. It's impolite. Hmph.

OK, I'm glad I'm not your family then. Are you implying you'll kill your family if you're in Seung Joo's shoes. LOL.

• Haha 3

I recently watched this in almost one-go. Overall, I thought it was a great show. I liked how the big picture gradually came together with all the flashbacks. The relationships and conflicts finally made sense. With that said, I agree there are many questions left unanswered. Does this mean there will be a season 2? If so, I would much appreciate it if viewers knew beforehand and not left dumbfounded at the end. However, even if there isn't a season 2, I still enjoyed the suspense. Ji An, her growth and relationships with her uncle, Pasin, Min Hye and Brother were huge pluses for me. Of course, I'm glad Jin Man is alive! (Btw, I found LDW quite attractive in this role. LOL.)

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 4 weeks later...