More Than Friends / 경우의 수 [2020]

Jane

Episode 9

1-vert.jpg
4-vert.jpg

Although I was laughing a minute before this scene, I cried the next for what Mum said to Soo. If only parents were aware of the damage they could cause to a child.

I don't have much to say about this episode. Felt like something happen but also felt like nothing much really happen. However, I really want to see the digital version of the photographs Soo and Woo Yeon did together.

• Like 2

Episode 10

• I like the drunk scene between the men. Soo even got drunk enough to call Joon Soo "Hyung"~ LOL. I also liked the part Soo rested his head on Woo Yeon and called her, "Woo Yeon ah~ please like me back".

• I also enjoyed watching them being carried by Woo Yeon's parents and they both slept together on her bed.

• I wanted to see Soo suffer a little but there's actually not much of that anymore. Now it's just both men being clingy, especially Joon Soo. I'm not liking the development with this triangle love and find the men annoying.

With Soo, there was at least that 10 years++ and being high school friend as background to explain the deeper feelings and entanglement. Whereas Joon Soo, he hasn't known Woo Yeon for long and it is just difficult to be convinced the length he's going through to pursue Woo Yeon and what for...? Is it really love? Dignity? I don't know I'm just not convinced.

I'm also definitely NOT impressed with his underhanded technique to use his friend to get Woo Yeon to a restaurant and appear there to force her into having dinner with him, and that proposal to Woo Yeon at the dinner table was pathetic. Why is he holding onto her and even to the point of suggesting that kind of unhealthy relationship? Just move on already, Joon Soo. Plenty of fishes in the sea.

• The development of Jin Joo and Sang Hyuk happened really quick. I just thought it was quite funny that Sang Hyuk said the exact same lines as Soo did to Woo Yeon (i.e. I don't want you to go. I don't like you seeing other man) and the effect comes out so different, LOL. As predictable as it is, that young guy is really out to take advantage of Jin Joo and the catalyst to kick-start Jin Joo & Sang Hyuk's relationship.

• I feel so sorry for Young Hee. Sigh. She really is the female version of Park Joon Young. Bad luck one after another. I was so happy to see that she was taking the initiative & even customised a proposal booklet to Hyun Jae, and now... :letalQQ:Plus with what she narrated, I fear they will eventually break up. Ugh. 6 more episodes to go, do we have time for reconciliation?

• Like 1

Episode 8 Thoughts

- The chair pulling when Soo was able to sit down was a bit childish, in my opinion. Woo Yeon is supposed to play someone that's 28 years old, I think you can use your words, right? It just seems a little too much.

- The conversation that Soo has with his mother is refreshing and something that he probably needed to hear. If you are going to continue to hurt each other, it's best that you just hold on to the good memories and go your separate ways.

- I'm glad that Soo was able to take realize that even though he thought their memories were beautiful, it was hurtful for Woo Yeon. It's good that he apologized to her.

- The little competition among Soo and Joon Soo was kind of annoying but also amusing too. 

- I completely understand Woo Yeon's reaction to Soo's sudden realization, but does anyone else think it's a little harsh too? Telling him to leave -- to never return and blaming this whole situation on Soo, it seems a little too excessive. Woo Yeon's inability to control her emotions after hearing Soo's confession should not be placed solely on Soo. This is a shared responsibility for the both of them to sort out their feelings.

- Joon Soo wanting to do everything that Woo Yeon wants to do to the point where he is changing his preferences to match hers -- do you not have interests of your own? This becomes one-sided if only one person is putting in the effort, or putting in too much effort. I wouldn't like it if the person I like only want to do the things I want to do. A relationship is better when you can learn from each other. 

- I know we touched on this before that Woo Yeon doesn't listen to Soo, but I didn't realized how much she didn't until the last scene in episode 8. This conversation is a repeated conversation they had when Woo Yeon was hanging the sheets out to dry. Woo Yeon asking about the photos, why he didn't tell the truth that he went there that day, and why he is making her waver. Soo was trying to explain to her about all of these things but she cut him off and told him nothing was going to change. 

On the Friend's Storyline

- Young Hee's hesitation with marriage, I can understand. They have something good right now while they're dating, why would you want to change that? It also doesn't help that she was raised in a family environment where her parents had issues. I hope that she is able to realize later on that Hyun Jae only wants what's best for her. I thought it was really cute that he told her his dream is to just see her be happy. 

- Jin Ju's reaction to the confession from the barista -- I hope she doesn't get hurt from it. When is Sang Hyuk going to make his move?!

Onward to the new episodes from this weekend....haha!

• Like 1

Like @mademoiselle said, things happened but also didn't at the same time too. The only thing that really stuck out to me in this episode 9 were:

- Soo told Woo Yeon that he'll pretend to be ok in front of her even if he's not. This was after telling Woo Yeon that he'll be the one liking her and wishing her happiness as he waits for her to come back to him. I found it to be a little manipulative of Soo to say something like that. It seems like Woo Yeon thought so too because she made a drunk call to "Soo" and called him selfish again. 

- Towards the end of the episode, Joon Soo was reminded by his friend/secretary that he's no longer dating Woo Yeon because they broke up. Joon Soo denied that they broke up and said Woo Yeon is just figuring things out. The friend re-confirmed that they did break up because she's no longer responding to him and they haven't seen each other. Joon Soo's willingness to do everything for Woo Yeon is a little off-putting to me. I'm glad that Woo Yeon called him out on it when she broke up with him. 

I'm glad that Woo Yeon decided to think about herself again. Can we have a few episodes of her just loving herself? :PiplupCry:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm also definitely NOT impressed with his underhanded technique to use his friend to get Woo Yeon to a restaurant and appear there to force her into having dinner with him, and that proposal to Woo Yeon at the dinner table was pathetic. Why is he holding onto her and even to the point of suggesting that kind of unhealthy relationship? Just move on already, Joon Soo. Plenty of fishes in the sea.

Same here! I feel bad for Joon Soo but I have not been impressed with his actions the last couple of episodes. He seems possessive and I find that a bit frustrating. At the end when Woo Yeon came out to find Joon Soo outside of Soo's apartment building, I found that to be creepy. :Trap::Yikes:

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

• The development of Jin Joo and Sang Hyuk happened really quick. I just thought it was quite funny that Sang Hyuk said the exact same lines as Soo did to Woo Yeon (i.e. I don't want you to go. I don't like you seeing other man) and the effect comes out so different, LOL. As predictable as it is, that young guy is really out to take advantage of Jin Joo and the catalyst to kick-start Jin Joo & Sang Hyuk's relationship.

• I feel so sorry for Young Hee. Sigh. She really is the female version of Park Joon Young. Bad luck one after another. I was so happy to see that she was taking the initiative & even customised a proposal booklet to Hyun Jae, and now... :letalQQ:Plus with what she narrated, I fear they will eventually break up. Ugh. 6 more episodes to go, do we have time for reconciliation?

I think because they took a bit to develop her storyline with Jin Ju, they are probably speeding through it a bit? I agreed that even though Sang Hyuk said the exact same thing to her as Soo did to Woo Yeon, the delivery is just different. Haha! 

Young Hee :PiplupCry: I agreed that her backstory mirrors Park Joon Young's a bit. I feel so bad for her, she is probably going to break up with Hyun Jae now. So far her character has shown that if she thinks she's going to be a burden, she ends up indirectly shutting people out. The proposal book that she made for Hyun Jae was so cute! I hope it finds its way to Hyun Jae one day.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I completely understand Woo Yeon's reaction to Soo's sudden realization, but does anyone else think it's a little harsh too? Telling him to leave -- to never return and blaming this whole situation on Soo, it seems a little too excessive. Woo Yeon's inability to control her emotions after hearing Soo's confession should not be placed solely on Soo. This is a shared responsibility for the both of them to sort out their feelings.

Me. I find the part of telling him to leave was harsh. Only because in all fairness, apart from saying things that led Woo Yeon on, Soo hasn't done or said anything this harsh to Woo Yeon in the past 10 years. I think that's why in the last episode the title was something about "understanding the misunderstanding"...? I can be understand of Woo Yeon's emotional outbreak there and disbelief, purely because sometimes emotions are so overwhelming that at that point in time we can't control it well, but I've to acknowledge she treated Soo unfairly for a feeling she had for Soo that Soo should not be respondible of completely.

32 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Same here! I feel bad for Joon Soo but I have not been impressed with his actions the last couple of episodes. He seems possessive and I find that a bit frustrating. At the end when Woo Yeon came out to find Joon Soo outside of Soo's apartment building, I found that to be creepy.

I think he's obsessed and I don't understand how/why. He doesn't even really know Woo Yeon. True, it is a bit stalkerish for following her there and when someone doesn't want to be followed, it does become creepy. I don't like it when someone says "No" multiple times and that person continues to push their luck. Joon Soo is doing that right now and it's not looking good for him, as a characterisation that we initially really like.

38 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I agreed that her backstory mirrors Park Joon Young's a bit. I feel so bad for her, she is probably going to break up with Hyun Jae now. So far her character has shown that if she thinks she's going to be a burden, she ends up indirectly shutting people out. The proposal book that she made for Hyun Jae was so cute! I hope it finds its way to Hyun Jae one day.

I don't want them to break up now (even though before I thought they will), but now I don't want them to break up because of her sick mother. I think that proposal book will make an appearance later. I'm banking on all happy endings for them anyway. So far I don't think my prediction had been pretty good for most dramas :brb:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Me. I find the part of telling him to leave was harsh. Only because in all fairness, apart from saying things that led Woo Yeon on, Soo hasn't done or said anything this harsh to Woo Yeon in the past 10 years. I think that's why in the last episode the title was something about "understanding the misunderstanding"...? I can be understand of Woo Yeon's emotional outbreak there and disbelief, purely because sometimes emotions are so overwhelming that at that point in time we can't control it well, but I've to acknowledge she treated Soo unfairly for a feeling she had for Soo that Soo should not be respondible of completely.

It was a little frustrating because after telling him to leave and to never return because that's how he's always been, she seemed alarmed when Soo told her he was leaving for a bit. Can all of you just make up your mind on what you want? LOL!

This scene was a bit satisfying, no? :niu:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I don't think I've ever noticed the three moles on Ong Seong Wu before. Now that I see it, I'm probably going to be looking for it every time. :laugh:

Those photos of Young Hee, Hyun Jae, and Sang Hyuk are so cute! Can we have more of them? The other three are kind of annoying now. LOL!

• Haha 1

Didn't Min Seong (Do You Like Brahms?) say she was going abroad to study? So she met Soo and fell for Soo? :laugh:@abs-oluteM

Capture.png

Episode 12

Don't have much to say about episode 11. It's very much a repetition again regarding Woo Yeon & Joon Soo. At least this time I think we can see an end (for now).

I like episode 12 a bit better. Not because there are lovey dovey scenes between the OTP but more of there are revelation to how Soo may have acted under the influence of what his Dad taught him when young. And I really really like that Woo Yeon got to hear from Soo about his parents' divorce and it shows flashbacks indicating she's linking what he said now to what he had told her before, and she can now understand Soo's behaviour in the past.

I appreciate that Soo is being careful in maintaining with Woo Yeon and the relationship. It's cute but a lil' concerning that he's holding back his true feelings (that he's bothered by her having that many ex-bfs [LOL]). I thought I saw it wrong that he was holding onto his X when Woo Yeon kicked him off the sofa, but LMAO, I realised later I didn't. I actually thought the reason was because she had her period. But turns out only because she's not wearing sexy lingerie. Hmm. Nonetheless it resulted in a very cute, drunk Soo. Ha.

I definitely hate the introduction of a new female character linked to Lee Soo. It's just gonna be another On Joon Soo in female form. Ugh... boring. But Woo Yeon should really be a bit more confident with Soo in this matter - purely because she's the one that made him change.

And damn to Hyun Jae's eldest sister getting involved. Sigh. I don't even want to think what's gonna happen next! :GengarPout: It's going towards the angsty path that I'm not welcoming.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

Ahh!! All these pictures! I've been super busy the last few days trying to wrap up work so I can go on vacation (starts today). I plan on watching the last two episodes tomorrow and will add my thoughts. I have a feeling I'll be happy to see them together but also annoyed that we are getting introduced to another character. How many K-Drama tropes are we going to have in this series?!

• Like 1