More Than Friends / 경우의 수 [2020]

Jane

@wallflowersforjane Thank you for tagging me! :)

I just started watching More than Friends last night for both Ep1-2. And I enjoy it more than I expected. Currently I also watch Do You Like Brahms and Record of The Youth, but personally I love MTF the most. I almost didn't skip any scenes and enjoy all cuteness and pain.

Lee Soo is very straightforward on words and action but he rejected Woo-yeon and asked for remaining be friends only, he must has some reasons.

But, would you still want to remain be friend with someone who are very caring and showing his feeling to you and also very cute plus charming as Lee Soo?! For me, definitely I wont! I want more than friend! :taebtsbeg:

vlcsnap-2020-09-30-20h42m00s857.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-30-20h42m03s996.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-30-20h42m06s097.png 

Edited by lifeisfullofdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Okay, I finally watched ep 1 and 2 and so far I like it.

It’s obvious that he has always liked her. What I don’t understand is why he keeps pushing her away. I suspect it’s because he’s jaded due to his parents. He probably doesn’t believe in marriage and thinks that remaining friends forever would be the best arrangement. 

I feel so bad for her getting rejected so many times! I almost think it was cruel of him. lol but I suppose he can’t help but want to be close to her and yet want to keep her at arms length. 

I am curious to see if the kiss had any effect on either of them. 

• Like 2
  • Party! 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

13 hours ago, Mouse said:

It’s obvious that he has always liked her. What I don’t understand is why he keeps pushing her away. I suspect it’s because he’s jaded due to his parents. He probably doesn’t believe in marriage and thinks that remaining friends forever would be the best arrangement. 

I feel so bad for her getting rejected so many times! I almost think it was cruel of him. lol but I suppose he can’t help but want to be close to her and yet want to keep her at arms length. 

I am curious to see if the kiss had any effect on either of them. 

:yoongibtscheer: Hurray you like it! It is definitely because of his parents. I suspect there should be more to explore on him because it is a bit extreme for him to reject the idea of having a relationship, even friendship. I think 3 years ago when she said she no longer wants to see him, even though he agreed, I suspected he regretted it and missed her a lot (which he admitted at Jeju) and so the second time she wants to bid her farewell he refused.

I am also curious whether the kiss has any effect on him. I don't think it would be that easy for her to say "the curse is broken" but the formality is there and it showed her determination. I feel bad for her too, especially when I didn't know his reason. Now that I know (or assume I know), I can see both sides. I find it strange that she likes him for 10 years but does not know much about him. Twice he mentioned something negative (like wishing he's never been born and she didn't catch the hint). Would love last this long? Or this is just an obsession more than love?

New BTS:

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoisellesia I agree, hopefully there is more to his parents' story to support his behaviour. It looks like there's so sort of trauma there for him, considering he has nightmares and likes to keep the door open when he sleeps.

I wonder if the kiss, combined with what I assume is CEO eventually developing feelings for her, is what will eventually make him do something. 

I have to say I am surprised that she threw away the compass he gave her especially since she's been unable to love anyone else besides him. I wonder if she thought to herself that by kissing him, she's done everything she could possibly do and hence feels she might be more ready to breakaway from it? 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

I agree, hopefully there is more to his parents' story to support his behaviour. It looks like there's so sort of trauma there for him, considering he has nightmares and likes to keep the door open when he sleeps.

Yes. He is very traumatised by his parents. The moment Woo Yeon closes the curtains he frowns and then he has nightmares with the door closed on him. I do hope there is more about his parents/family's backstory that properly explained his behaviour. Perhaps these days kids are a lot more sensitive than the older generation as many older generation would have suffered the same mental abuse as him but still end up having a relationship and married (although we don't know they are truly happy or not).

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

I wonder if the kiss, combined with what I assume is CEO eventually developing feelings for her, is what will eventually make him do something. 

I think what you said is exactly what I think the storyline will go next week. Maybe it's because I saw the 6 mins long preview so it showed some bits that you mentioned in here and he did get jealous seeing her going out with CEO somewhere.

8 hours ago, Mouse said:

I have to say I am surprised that she threw away the compass he gave her especially since she's been unable to love anyone else besides him. I wonder if she thought to herself that by kissing him, she's done everything she could possibly do and hence feels she might be more ready to breakaway from it?

At the moment I find her feelings are really more of an infatuation than true love. I don't think she has really gotten to know the real him because he didn't show it (or at least we haven't learnt they had through the prologues of each episode). Because she's never "got/know" him he becomes this "perfect guy" she wants and seeks for and hence, no other guys can win against. But if she believes she breaks this curse and set her mind to it, I think she is except she was forced to work with him later, that's when she will truly get to know him better and be able to decide whether she loves him for him (+traumatised/burden) or that "imaginative—perfect guy" from high school.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Mouse @mademoisellesia I think that the kiss shakes him up and is bound to have an effect on him. If CEO wasn't in the picture, I think that the effect would have faded, but CEO provides the momentum and the real threat that WY is truly moving on from him now.

It will be interesting see them all working together on that photography project. I am invested to see how WY grows her calligraphy practice and perhaps get back into writing. I don't remember if they said she did take up Creative Writing in university? I really do mourn that missed opportunity of her writing camp when she gave it up to search for LS. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Was watching this just to keep my promise to winner @mademoisellesia lols. But I got hooked up @abs-oluteM

Ep 1 - Tbh, kind of slow and not exciting. Her prosecutor friends and rank 230 guy is quite funny tho. But the pace was quite slow. Maybe as this just background build up episode. 

Ep 2 - The show really pick up fast here. They make us guess why the guy really want to stay in friend zone while he seems to like her too? So many swoon worthy scenes, my favourite will be the sleeping pills scene and when she reject him for wanting to hold her hand while cross in rocky areas. The bookshop CEO also looked yummy and this will be a good competition now. 

*Madem, OSW looking good at yatch while the wind blow his hair. I can see now why so many stan of him haha...

No next ep this week...argghhh *pull my hair*

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I am really curious as to why Lee Soo is not reciprocating Woo Yeon's feelings when it's pretty clear that he likes her. I hope as we learn more about his family dynamic, it'll become clearer. Right now, I'm speculating that he is afraid to pursue anything more because he doesn't want it to turn out like his parent's relationship.

Ahh, it did turn out that Woo Yeon has been leaving messages for Lee Soo through Joon Soo's phone instead. Haha!

The ending of episode 3 when they flashback to her asking him to let her live, he ends up telling her, "You want me to let you live? I don't want to." The context in which this was said made me LOL'd, only Lee Soo can do this. He is the only person that is able to say cringeworthy lines without it being cringeworthy. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu

In E3 after CEO sent her home and they bumped into each other they had a short exchange. From that exchange, Soo said something like "... you want me to date you even if I don't like you...?"

If the subtitles is trustworthy and correct, this means Lee Soo doesn't understand he loves Woo Yeon. If this is the case, then now will be the journey for him to realise that (and beg... hahaha). Yes, Soo says a lot of should be cringe-worthy lines and even lines that makes you want to kick/hit him but you can't dislike him because we've been given privilege to all the good things he did in the epilogue for her.

In that sense, he isn't selfish. Is he? She thinks he is always thinking about himself, but his actions towards her is not. It's just that she never knew.

---

@SilverMoonTea and @abs-oluteM already know this. But I'll declare to the rest of the world, I love Soo and now have fallen for On Joon Soo too. Hahahahahahaha! Oh man, they are both "Soo"!

• Haha 4

Soo's "Kajima"... "I don't want you seeing another man"...

424.png

I cannot... just eat me, Soo-ya, you deadly handsome tiger.  131.png

Love the part where they went around taking pictures. Those places look so pretty and rich in colours. I'm dying to know/see the day Soo takes pictures of Woo Yeon and dying to see her find out...

Only now Woo Yeon is able to know the real Soo, and decides for herself whether she still like him after after he tells her more about himself. Soo is doing a lot of things in this episode that indicates he likes Woo Yeon, but I'm still confused whether he knows/understands those are actions that shows he likes her, a lot...?

This episode Woo Yeon's rejection towards Soo and Soo's hurt/angry reactions makes my heart aches for him. Ha! Serve him right though and Woo Yeon can whip him more because I like that my heart is reacting to Soo's emotions. Hehe.

Ej-wuosU0AA8956?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ej-wiDuU8AAynqW?format=jpg&name=4096x409

He looks so gorgeous holding a camera... don't mind me... I'm fangirling. 😍

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

I AM IN FULL ON SPAZZ MODE FOR THIS DRAMA! :love: No thoughts, just spazz!

OH MY. That sizzling awareness between WY and LS at the end of eps 3 and 4! I have really been enjoying their interactions throughout the episodes so far. They have such a unique style of banter borne of their years of knowing each other, where they don't sugar-coat their words, can speak their minds and be cheeky (for LS) and cutesy (for WY). TBH I think this is now my favourite OTP among the three dramas I am watching. I would even go so far to say as they have the best chemistry!

LS is so endearing and frustrating at the same time! I can't fault WY for not being able to walk away after so many years. OSW's micro-expressions are so good! Especially his smirk :SquirtleWonderfull: 

WY is adorable! I am so proud of her for standing up to her high-school bully! Gi

And JS, he is such a sweetie! Is it possible to have MLS and SLS at the same time because I really wasn't expecting to like him quite this much! I actually want him to get the girl because how can he not, when from his perspective, fate brought WY into his life in such an unorthodox way and they both share a similar romantic background. I don't want him to get his heart broken a second time :PiplupCry: 

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Ehhh gals . I binged 1-4 ( I had a hard time with eps 1 & almost dropped it CEO saved eps 2 for me  ). I know CEO won’t be end game but aigooo my heart . He’s so sweet . I like that he’s transparent & upfront with his feelings , and that he pursues her like an adult should . 
see all my tweets . Ottoke ? :cry:

Don’t read if you’re on Team Lee Soo

Spoiler

Maybe  it’s my bias or maybe I’ve passed that station in life where I don’t find these complex men who can’t say what they mean properly,  attractive in anyway. Maybe this tsundere thing has passed my time . Lol ! 

I know that he likes her & he looks out for her quietly, but I still feel he’s somewhat a self centred person who only consider his own feelings & not hers . He clearly knows she likes him , he dangles hope , then pushes her  away - twice ! Now , competition comes along  & he realises his feelings ? Tells her not to go ? Errr 

I get the drama tries to give us his parents’ broken marriage as a justification of his incapability  to honestly deal with feelings & properly communicate them . But it’s no excuse for blowing the poor girl hot & cold over the years. 10 years is a Long time . I used to counsel younger girls that if a guy just can’t commit , then he’s really not that into you . 

But of course, this is drama , and with a title like More Than Friends , it’s clear they’ll end up together. My only hope is they don’t make my CEO  some weirdo or bad person as a plot device to make the 1st lead shine & the obvious choice.  I can accept that she’ll reject CEO on the grounds that the heart wants what it wants .

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I'm Team Lee Soo, but I click into the spoiler LMAO. I like On Joon Soo too and as long as he stays cute and lovely (not act like Jung Kyung later), I'll love him to the end.

I think this trope is quite cliche, not exactly new but I like how it is "designed" and played out by the actors with the combination of a calligrapher and a photographer.

One thing I do want to point out for that 10 years of Woo Yeon's one sided, unrequitted love - we don't actually know if Soo was stringing her along when he's out of the country because my current impression is he didn't keep in contact with her (and she's always calling him when she's drunk but he's actually not there and had no idea). He did say/do few things that would make anyone misunderstand when he's back in South Korea, but it seems like he's not back very often since he doesn't like Seoul.

• Like 2