Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

reminds me of boys in school who does that to the girl's bra strap.

What ? You mean boys actually do that? I will slap anyone who touches my shirt much less my bra strap.:pandawhat:

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

How's this going atm? Are you all enjoying it for a pure romance? Is it overly dramatic in terms of annoying characters? I wanted to watch initially...but then they changed the name of the series...

Jks, jks :laugh:I'm on a break from Live-watching dramas except to finish the ones I already had already started.

I'm watching old dramas so I don't feel compelled to write as many essays :lenny:  Also there's a lot of older projects that I wanted to catch up on because they're classics/ good series/ I like an actor in it.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

4 hours ago, JenL said:

How's this going atm? Are you all enjoying it for a pure romance? Is it overly dramatic in terms of annoying characters? I wanted to watch initially...but then then changed the name of the series...

What's a k drama without some annoying ones eh. So far it has been alright. RoWoon is doing excellent and the drama has settled into a good rhythm . 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Novel vs Drama

I decided to skim through the novel this afternoon. I definitely much prefer the drama version. There's a huge difference compared to the novel. I'll put it in spoiler as to not ruin it for others.

Spoiler

I skipped through the first few chapters and started to skim through it from the part where Hyun Seung took Song Ah to his sister's wedding shop.

In summary:

• Hyun Seung's eldest sister is married and the brother-in-law is a doctor. I don't think there's Yeon Seung.
  • The novel version's Hyun Seung is way more pushy. He proposes to Song Ah that she breaks up with Jae Shin by telling him she cheated on him with Hyun Seung - as it would hurt Jae Shin's pride.
  • Song Ah actually fainted after seeing Jae Shin kisses Hyo Joo's forehead.
  • Song Ah lives alone and does not have Ga Young as housemate.
  • She then got sick (from stress). Hyun Seung carried her to the hospital.
  • The day after Song Ah was sick, she broke up with Jae Shin by declaring she doesn't love him anymore and that she cheated on him. She didn't say the man was Hyun Seung.
  • Hyun Seung then takes her to his house and feed her porridge that he cooked. While Hyun Seung went out to get something, Song Ah let loose and cried her heart out.
  • When Hyun Seung send her home Jae Shin saw them. Hyun Seung then stepped in and said he was the man Song Ah was seeing.
  • Ever since then Jae Shin would belittle Hyun Seung and scold him everyday at work.
  • Unlike the drama version, Hyun Seung constantly reminds Song Ah he likes her and does many actions that otherwise either be seductive or intrusive, depending on our own interpretation. To me, I'd find it burdensome and annoying because Song Ah had said no many times. I definitely liked it better that there are focus on Hyun Seung's emotions and feelings in the drama and the awkward moments.
  • Jae Shin's family was well and alive and he grew up in the US.
  • Jae Shin is 1000 times a lot more worse in the novel. While he was dating Song Ah, he actually cheated on her many times, mostly one night stand. However, Hyo Joo intrigues him as he can't figure her out so it keeps him interested and wanting to tame her. One day Hyo Joo said to him, "Either marry her or break up" so he didn't even hesitate and agreed. He was going to break up with Song Ah but it got delay because Song Ah gives him a different kind of feelings when she's with him (the calm) while Hyo Joo gives him thrills. F* jerk!!
  • He forces entry into Song Ah's house one day. As Song Ah demands him to leave, he forced kiss her. Song Ah left her house since Jae Shin refuses to go.
  • She then went to Hyun Seung's. After Hyun Seung gave her a heat pack for her bruise hand they talked and Hyun Seung asked her permission to kiss her. They shared a passionate kiss while Song Ah is on his lap. Song Ah also stayed over that night.
  • Jae Shin went as far as wanting to transfer Hyun Seung to the regional area. Song Ah was going to confront him by agreeing to meet with him outside, alone, but was intercepted by Hyun Seung. He takes her home and they shared a dinner. He gifted Song Ah a lipstick and they kissed and made love that night (Chapter 34-35 if anyone needs to know, kekeke).
  • Cuddling in bed, Hyun Seung tells Song Ah he will resign. He explains that he has plans for his future and he was only going to stay for as long as 3 years anyway for the experience.
  • Back at work, he gave his resignation and revealed to Jae Shin that he's rather well-off so he's not at all scared of Jae Shin's tactic. Song Ah also decided to look for another job.
  • Song Ah also decides to tell Hyo Joo the truth. The novel version Hyo Joo is just a model, not a chaebol's daughter and not obsessed to the point of suicidal to keep Jae Shin around.
  • Hyo Joo hires a few actresses and pretended they were all cheated by Jae Shin and humiliated him at work. News got out, Manager Yoo was promoted in place of Jae Shin's position. Song Ah and Hyun Seung didn't have to leave the company in the end.

Rowoon's expression here is :wow::pandalove::duckhearts::heart::taebtsbeg::hearties:

img.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2

@mademoiselle ehh so cute your profile pic . 
Thanks for the webtoon summary . Woah that one sounds more dramatic & doesn’t seem to want to give any of the characters some redemption. So looks like the 2nd sis & JW were written in for the drama.  I’m gonna tamper my expectations for a bed scene here :pandacool:

• Haha 1

Did you see this one @mademoiselle ? Such a sweetheart 

ooo this should be interesting...the mum still annoys me. And I can forsee she's going to make things hard for them . Good thing is that Song Ah doesn't care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noonapau said:

Newbie here! 

I stumbled across this forum on Twitter and glad to find a lot of discussion about Sunbae here!

Hellllo ! Welcome to JangHaven & to the thread. So happy to have you join us. 

• Like 1

Ep.7

- The revived lipstick color is so nice...

- Yay to bff for being a cupid!

- It's been jurassic ages ago since I wore a high heels, and SA is running in one, wow! I cannot imagine how to run in those tiny long heels. And why do they need to run so long/far? LOL, just run away one or two turns/block would be enough, LOL...

- Pity the wife-to-be, with such a suspicious heart (added to possessive tendency), her marriage will never see happiness... The two of them are in one work team, of course it's going to be natural to see the two of them together, duh.... *rolleyes

- The ending scene in front of the lift... so nice to have a tall guy with broad shoulder shielding you from any kind of bullies :wow:

Ep.8

- The scenes of big sis and big bro was too short in ep.7... Am glad to see more of them in ep.8. LOL at him wanting to back track on commenting his sister has a temper because that will give him a minus point. And smooth way to keep holding onto that had *wink ~ another noona romance haha... but I actually worry if these two will be able to get together eventually, given the background of their younger siblings connection... not to mention the domineering grandpa.

- The three female colleagues in their team are so cute, each has their own suspicion on which stage of relationship SA and HS are at, LOL...

- So nice to have a tall guy with broad shoulder shielding you from splashing water by speeding car :wow:

- I wasn't really for the idea of HS distancing himself from SA. That is just mean for the other party. But seeing that he was sincere about it and wasn't scheming for a feeling returned, and seeing that it works on SA for realising that she misses him, I guess I will give him a pass. But still, I think a lot of viewers are going to give him harsh scolding again.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The ending scene in front of the lift... so nice to have a tall guy with broad shoulder shielding you from any kind of bullies

Must admit, that was very well-done in the sense that writer or PD was/were able to think of using Rowoon's natural physique for this scene. It definitely made a strong impression to the viewers. I liked the way it was filmed as well, with the camera acting like our eyes and Hyun Seung's shield Song Ah from our views.

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wasn't really for the idea of HS distancing himself from SA. That is just mean for the other party. But seeing that he was sincere about it and wasn't scheming for a feeling returned, and seeing that it works on SA for realising that she misses him, I guess I will give him a pass. But still, I think a lot of viewers are going to give him harsh scolding again.

Were netizens thinking otherwise on the SNS? The first few times he made the promise, I didn't believe him because I kinda knew it was easier said than done. The last one was triggered by his ex and he's given some deep thoughts, and his conversation with ex indicated he is the kind that once the final decision is made, he'll see through it. So this time I took him more seriously because he was being honest with Song Ah. In order for him to give up, it naturally leads to distancing as they can't act the same way as they were. But I've been nagging a few times before that I want this mild angst to last a bit longer to next week because I just enjoy seeing Rowoon do pain/pitiful scenes :laugh: So fingers crossed Hyun Seung says no, with the reason that he doesn't want Song Ah to be a bad person ;P and then he can change his mind later after he gets sick. 

• Heart Eyes 1

SF9’s Rowoon Meets Won Jin Ah’s Mother For 1st Time At Hospital In “She Would Never Know”

She-Would-Never-Know2.jpg

JTBC’s “She Would Never Know” has shared an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

Previously on “She Would Never Know,” Chae Hyun Seung (played by SF9’s Rowoon) told Yoon Song Ah (played by Won Jin Ah) that he would finally give up on pursuing her. However, Yoon Song Ah gave viewers hope that his love might not be completely unrequited when she later asked him, “Don’t grow distant.”

As viewers eagerly wait to see if the couple’s fake relationship will eventually become real, “She Would Never Know” has now released stills of Chae Hyun Seung meeting Yoon Song Ah’s mother for the first time.

In the new photos, Chae Hyun Seung brings Yoon Song Ah a fruit basket in the hospital, which she accepts with a pleased smile. However, the heart-fluttering moment is soon interrupted by Yoon Song Ah’s mother Oh Wol Soon (played by Lee Ji Hyun), who approaches the pair while examining Chae Hyun Seung with visible interest.

Forced to quickly hide her feelings in front of her mother, Yoon Song Ah looks slightly flustered as she finds herself unable to avoid introducing Chae Hyun Seung to her. It seems as though her mother is seconds away from asking whether this handsome young gentleman is her boyfriend, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to how Yoon Song Ah will escape this sticky situation.

Sharing her thoughts on her character’s relationship with her mother, Won Jin Ah remarked, “When she was young, [Yoon Song Ah] wasn’t able to understand her mother. But after becoming an adult and experiencing the complicated emotion that is love, she found herself in a similar situation to that of her mother, and I think it was only after that experience that she began to understand her mother’s mindset and feelings.”

“As deep as the misunderstanding between them was, I hope they will be able to embrace each other that much more tightly [from now on],” she continued. “I think it might be worth keeping an eye on the mother-daughter duo as they overcome the wounds they suffered due to love.”

The next episode of “She Would Never Know” will air on February 15 at 9 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 1