[K-Artist] Song Joong Ki 송중기

On 9/4/2021 at 6:31 AM, movingwheel said:

i can relate to your sister's obsession with both SJK and LMH...myself being one.... But SJK is someone whom I respect more and probably love more than LMH because he is an actor ... thorough and thorough... LMH is more of a star.... at lease he projects himself to be the one.... I think more than the role , he is scared of how he will project himself onscreen....one of the highlighting reason why he does not choose diverse role and SJK is someone who makes the character shine.... LMH is someone who shines through character... I don't see LMH performing any such role like chul soo of A werewolf boy but he surely has more star power.... But SJK is someone whose work is diversifying and that itself speaks for it...

Interesting analysis of the diff between LMH and SJK. I have to say that I have a definite preference for SJK, primarily because SJK is a much better actor. I think LMH was good in BoF but then went on to do a number of roles which either weren't good roles, or he showed limitations in his acting range. I think his best project thus far may still be City Hunter.

I first watched SJK in Sungkyungkwan Scandal, and while he wasn't the male lead, I found myself watching him in his slightly morally ambiguous, sexually ambiguous portrayal of Gu Yong Hwa and his love for his bestie Gu Roh. Actually, SJK and YAI made the more intriguing pair in that drama rather than the OTP.

SJK in Werewolf Boy had me in tears, and honestly, even now I find myself thinking about him from time to time as Chul Soo, waiting all those years for Sun Yi, and even now still living alone and loving Sun Yi long after she has departed.

I haven't watched all of his projects, but I've always been impressed with how he seemingly effortlessly inhabits his characters, drawing me ever deeper into the story. He has sometimes had co-stars who break the spell and makes a scene or story ridiculous, but never him.

Plus, his post-military confidence is very attractive. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 9/17/2021 at 1:02 AM, stroppyse said:

SJK in Werewolf Boy had me in tears, and honestly, even now I find myself thinking about him from time to time as Chul Soo, waiting all those years for Sun Yi, and even now still living alone and loving Sun Yi long after she has departed.

Me too. Back in 2016 when I discovered kdramas and SJK, I binged a lot of his shows and this was a favourite. I shed plenty of tears. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my very first oppa. Can't wait to see him in his next project. 

:pandalove:

My favorite show of his before Vincenzo -as Kang Maru in Innocent Man

35a0c2aae28cc359d59cf6f28c95934f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

19 days with Song Joong Ki

(day 10 - 19)

E-NQu-gUcAU6EwC?format=jpg&name=medium

Day 10 : songs you want to recommend for Song Joong Ki

Songs by my favorite singers-songwriters. Enya (Irish singer songwriter), YUI (Japanese singer songwriter), and Koo Hye Sun (Korean actress, composer, songwriter).

Day 11 : memorable words from Song Joong Ki

"We were all mature enough to learn from the others. So what I’ve learned was that whether big or small, if I look around, there’s always something I can learn."

"I realized that comparing myself to others is useless. We have to admit what we have to, we have to admit ourselves too and we have to admit others. That is what really motivated me to become better self and I feel relaxed too. I’m confident that getting rid out pressure begins from there."

Day 12 : similarities between you and Song Joong Ki

Crybaby. Like to read books. Business Administration student. Have deep thoughts. Always learn from everyone and everything around us. Like chicken breast. Can’t do multitasking at the same time.

Day 13 : funniest Song Joong Ki moment for you

• The Swoon video, playing mafia game with Jeon Yeo Been and Taecyeon. He didn’t understand the game.

• The Swoon video, playing Jenga with Kim Tae Ri, Jin Sun Kyu, and Yoo Hae Jin.

Day 14 : describe Song Joong Ki in three words

Smart, pensive, friendly.

Day 15 : favorite Song Joong Ki look

4755366b7b0afa4408efbff37b73bcd66322b3fa

77c0510f03e324a2fd62cedf7dad9c19b2867f83

Day 16 : best Song Joong Ki moment for you

• Everytime he has interviews/Q&A.

• Everytime he comes back with a new project.

Day 17 : what is Song Joong Ki to me?

Role model. Inspiration. Older brother.

Day 18 : What Joong Ki era do you wish you were present as a fan?

I wish I were his fan since Sungkyunkwan Scandal. I was regretful that I was late to become his fan.

Day 19 : birthday message for Song Joong Ki

Happy birthday oppa! 🎂🎁🎈 Wish you all the best. Keep inspiring me and more people.

•••

Day 1 - 9 ⬇️

https://janghaven.com/topic/165-k-artist-song-joong-ki-송중기/?do=findComment&comment=67752

Edited by ssteph
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I admit that I have yet to watch Innocent Man, though I've heard that it's pretty good. However, it also sounds very emotionally tiring with revenge upon counter-revenge.

Happy birthday, SJK!

Stroppyse...it is . I cannot fully recommend it for happy vibes. It was pretty angsty. 

2 hours ago, ssteph said:

The Swoon video, playing mafia game with Jeon Yeo Been and Taecyeon. He didn’t understand the game.

ahahah I agree. This was so so funny. Confession - till today I have no idea how it is played as well. I am terrible at these sort of games. :nya:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Arthdal Chronicles staff IG

Their annual event : celebrate SJK's birthday

cec18e128c195ace28c7d29825415a518106c65f

6a12b61a6f563db45f9909796931b6274b812d71

2020 - they came to Vincenzo filming site to celebrate SJK's birthday ⬇️

https://janghaven.com/topic/165-k-artist-song-joong-ki-송중기/?do=findComment&comment=8809

2019 - they came to Space Sweepers filming site to surprise SJK with birthday cake too and sang "Happy birthday" song 🎶

Love the friendship between SJK and Arthdal Chronicles staffs 💕

•••

Update about movie Bogota

Spoiler

Bogota team are in Cyprus for filming. SJK's co-star, Juana del Rio, updated her IG saying today is day off for her. Hope today is day off too for SJK so he can celebrate his birthday 🙏

Edited by ssteph
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ssteph said:

Arthdal Chronicles staff IG

Their annual event : celebrate SJK's birthday

I like that they had English word play on his name on the cake. So cute.

Song - Song which can also be the English word "song" despite it being his clan name

Middle - Joong which is a word that can mean middle

Energy - Ki which is a word that can mean energy

Not sure what his actual name Joong Ki means, though the 2 syllables together will be meaningful. I bet his fan club probably already knows the meaning and even has the hanja for it. LOL

The word "joong ki" can be used to mean the middle period of history, but that wouldn't be his name, even if the hangul is the same since names typically have hanja characters specifying which meaning it is.

• Insightful 1

Thank you so much @stroppyse ^^ His hanja is 宋仲基. It's so interesting, he and his siblings have "ki" in their names. Is there a rule for names in Korean families?

It reminds me of his new drama. His character is Jin Do Joon and his older brother is Jin Hyung Joon. In webnovel, all their cousins have "joon" (male) and "kyung" (female) in their names. It's for the same generation in the family 👀

Do Joon's father and his uncles have "ki" in their names except his aunt. So, it's not always all siblings have the same syllable 👀

• Like 2