Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你 [TW Drama 2020]

Lynne

On 10/2/2020 at 11:44 AM, Lynne said:

Lets just hope 18 is better...

3 more episodes till the end.... I'm counting the weeks before I will binge watch... lols.. 

Actually its normal I think for Tdrama to have more filler like episodes in the last leg.. esp if its popular?? Sigh.... 

Haha, I think the filler episodes are actually because it's a long run drama with SETTV. Short run Taiwanese series, even if extremely popular, tend to have better story-telling pacing. Someday or One Day, Before We Got Married, Yong-Jiu Grocery Store were all popular dramas, but at only 10-13 episode long they had good pacing and the stories flowed well. With Lost Romance, I think the pacing has been uneven since the beginning of the drama. It's a fun watch for the actors and actor's chemistry, but there are a number of things I would change if I could to make the episodes fall more evenly in excitement/ character development/ events happening. The story and sense of mystery is interesting enough, and even for filler, this episode is still technically moving the story along and related to the core of the plot - I just feel like it wasn't executed well in that it should have included some excitement using the other unresolved subplots.

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Haha start watching!! My favourite character, the second lead Qing Feng, has just been revealed to have a happy ending. The trailer showed a cameo and this has exceeded all my expectations :SquirtleNiceAhah: I love this person and I'm so glad they're making an appearance to fix up the second lead's tragic story

I'll put the cameo under a spoiler tag in case people don't want to know,but it's in one of the Finale episode trailers anyway, so it's not a big secret!

Spoiler

aW5f6px.gif

• Heart Eyes 2

I'll say Lost Romance is watchable and enjoyable, but not the best of dramas that's come out this year. Still the cast chemistry has been pretty good....so good that Simon and Vivian coincidentally ran into each other at the same place wearing a similar outfit XD 

For those who want translations of their social media conversations: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/instagram-updates-simon-lian-and-vivian.html

kCi471I.jpg

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I am either one or two episodes behind but it is because I'm waiting for the last episode to air. I hope Simon gets a good ending because his character went missing after they came back to the real world. 

Me too! I hope he's in a decent portion of the last episode. I feel like the drama has really slowed down since they came back to the real world and it's been a bit of a drag for me. I've personally had a lot of issues with the pacing of the events in this drama - like they have a lot of good subplots going on, but I wish they had interwoven them a bit better. But I liked the elements of mystery and I kept watching pretty much solely for Simon's/ Qing Feng's storyline. Simon's so charismatic :BulbaOWO:

• Like 2

On 10/14/2020 at 8:06 PM, JenL said:

Me too! I hope he's in a decent portion of the last episode. I feel like the drama has really slowed down since they came back to the real world and it's been a bit of a drag for me. I've personally had a lot of issues with the pacing of the events in this drama - like they have a lot of good subplots going on, but I wish they had interwoven them a bit better. But I liked the elements of mystery and I kept watching pretty much solely for Simon's/ Qing Feng's storyline. Simon's so charismatic :BulbaOWO:

Yeah, they dragged out the storyline with Tian Xing and Xiao En so much. I skipped through some parts but the only time I remembered they mentioned Qing Feng was in the book store to see how many times he's appeared. I wondered if I kept skipping because I was hoping I would see Simon's face again. Haha!

Agreed, I love their off-screen chemistry! I've enjoyed their BTS more than the actual drama itself (at least based off how far along I am in the drama right now). Haha!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

So I really waited for this drama to end before binge watching it. I actually liked it but also wished that they have a more "developed" story line after they both woke up from their coma. The end felt a little too rush for me but overall happy in how it was wrapped up.  It's been a while since I've watched a Taiwanese drama, the last one was Bromance. One thing I will say is that Taiwanese actors are bolder in terms of acting out those kiss scenes, so kudos to them. It's also fun to see that they are having fun behind the scene, no awkwardness at all. Simon and Vivian are really cute with their playful banters.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Marcus's and Vivian's kiss scenes are so juicy! Maybe more like experienced? I don't know, I just feel like I shouldn't be staring. Haha! :laugh:

I made sure to watch that :smile:...sigh if only the k dramas gave bolder kisses like what they have here

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

Marcus's and Vivian's kiss scenes are so juicy! Maybe more like experienced? I don't know, I just feel like I shouldn't be staring. Haha! :laugh:

Haha, this is the charm of the Taiwanese acting industry. I think the actors are quite charismatic and it's easy for them to build good chemistry with others coz they don't really get judged for it....and their directors are all for the intense passion scenes, soooo....making out is Making Out :MewGiggle:

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I made sure to watch that :smile:...sigh if only the k dramas gave bolder kisses like what they have here

Haha, I wish they did it more often in K dramas too. But the culture is more formal compared to Taiwanese culture and the fans can be a little intense if they suspect something is going off, so I think they're a bit more protective of their stars :PikaRIP:

19 hours ago, cherrhys88 said:

So I really waited for this drama to end before binge watching it. I actually liked it but also wished that they have a more "developed" story line after they both woke up from their coma. The end felt a little too rush for me but overall happy in how it was wrapped up.  It's been a while since I've watched a Taiwanese drama, the last one was Bromance. One thing I will say is that Taiwanese actors are bolder in terms of acting out those kiss scenes, so kudos to them. It's also fun to see that they are having fun behind the scene, no awkwardness at all. Simon and Vivian are really cute with their playful banters.

Yes me too!! I wanted the story to be better after waking up. I felt like it was very pointless in the last 4 episodes. It dragged when XE was rejecting TX for AR. Also I thought there were lots of interesting subplots they could have used to make the main story more interesting...but those just tapered along till they were resolved uneventfully. But my main investment in this drama has been in the behind the scenes content. Just pure gold, how funny they were and the banter was super fun between Simon, Vivian and Marcus. :heart:

On 10/19/2020 at 3:38 AM, Tofu said:

I wondered if I kept skipping because I was hoping I would see Simon's face again. Haha!

Agreed, I love their off-screen chemistry! I've enjoyed their BTS more than the actual drama itself (at least based off how far along I am in the drama right now). Haha!

Hahaha, this was me. I was only along for the ride to see Simon again. Didn't really have too much feelings towards the last few episodes, but really enjoyed their wrap up Live XD I'm doing a partial sub of the video should have it done soon!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Just chucking this here...I did partial subs of the funny/interesting bits of this video for anyone who might struggle with Chinese. The times are in the video description or comments. Click to read subs till there's no more and then click on the next time:

• Party! 1