The Psychologist 女心理师 [2021]

NiteWalker

The first case of YouNa so well acted by everyone. The way He Dun doing the counseling for the family is logical yet very reassuring. I believe HD herself seems have unresolved trauma from her childhood. Yang Zi way of acting is always so natural and this what set her different than other C actress to me. Her character having resemblance to Voice K drama series, with superhearing power. 

Jing Boran is totally new to me. His character surely quite interesting and served some comical relief so the drama is not too overly serious. I can't conclude is he handsome or not? Haha... He somehow look different each times I saw him. Sometimes he resemble many other actors. In any cases, I'm a bit intrigued by him. 

Btw the overall cinematographic, the editing and BGM feels more superior than other common C dramas in general. Overall I enjoyed this drama, eventhough I need to come back for overall conclusion if only I can managed to finish all episodes 😅

I'll be back reading later, so not to spoil myself. 

• Like 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea JB is a good actor.... And i am seeing him after a long time actually...he is cute in those aloha shirts.... even his character has aches but he chooses happiness over sadness.....choosing positive emotions over negative emotions is what defines Qing Kaiyi's character... I really love his equation with He Dun's Best Friends....They are like Brother-Sister..

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

HD's mom quite losing me, why she always want to fake her death ? She already know she's still deeply traumatized with her brother death. Is she trying to prepare her, as she suspected of having brain tumour? 

i stop at episode 15 lols....i let you know when i catch up again...

though when someone has an issues they fake something that they can relief themselves in to be honest....its hard to tell you why they do it....they just do it...

On 12/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Later on, I still prefer your aloha shirt :laugh:

no choice....the aloha shirt is the one that set him apart lols

On 12/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, movingwheel said:

@SilverMoonTea JB is a good actor.... And i am seeing him after a long time actually...he is cute in those aloha shirts.... even his character has aches but he chooses happiness over sadness.....choosing positive emotions over negative emotions is what defines Qing Kaiyi's character... I really love his equation with He Dun's Best Friends....They are like Brother-Sister..

he is....there are more depth in him that just meet the eyes....he know when to pull the plug and that is some positive energy where everyone need to learn

• Clapping Hands 3

@NiteWalkerThe mom's behaviour will be explained later. 

The drama surprisingly have good content and touched on all society's important issues such as : marriage breakdown & suicide, bullying, postpartum depression, sexual assault. I was worried when they announce to have such a long lists of actors & actresses, but since the drama have many cases, they are all been utilized well. 

The more interesting part, the 2nd lead is not your usual additional role just to served as an eye candy or as a typical love rival. But he has important part to the storyline. At times he depicted as cold hearted and creeper, but he also opened up to QKY and seems truly appreciated his friendship and outgoing personality which is clearly opposite as his.

However the actor who played this character seems still a bit greenish, I felt at times other than being mysterious, he didn't conveyed the general message the character supposed to serve. He doesn't seems truly love HD (not sure this because of an ineffective acting, or he really just trying to get close to her with agenda, or perhaps he even have feelings for HD's bestfriend instead -> this will be recipe for tragedy, but I suspect she also have slight feelings for him). 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

However the actor who played this character seems still a bit greenish, I felt at times other than being mysterious, he didn't conveyed the general message the character supposed to serve. He doesn't seems truly love HD (not sure this because of an ineffective acting, or he really just trying to get close to her with agenda, or perhaps he even have feelings for HD's bestfriend instead -> this will be recipe for tragedy, but I suspect she also have slight feelings for him).

generally i think the whole cast are well put together....

though to be honestly i dont really like that creeper and somehow i dislike his under liner eye glare at some of the times.....he did well in the glaring department though not much hate...or kill can be felt....

its there....however it not the overwhelming type that had you in a grip.....LiLi definitely held a small torch to the guy....however she is pretty steady, she fall, she cry then she pick herself up....

• Like 2
20 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

generally i think the whole cast are well put together....

though to be honestly i dont really like that creeper and somehow i dislike his under liner eye glare at some of the times.....he did well in the glaring department though not much hate...or kill can be felt....

its there....however it not the overwhelming type that had you in a grip.....LiLi definitely held a small torch to the guy....however she is pretty steady, she fall, she cry then she pick herself up....

I'm glad Lili will go to other guy. The policeman seems trustable.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

@IpohBanana

Hullo dear. I thought it might be better if I dug out the thread for The Psychologist and do all our chatting here. I had wondered if you'd gone and looked for episodes of the show to watch. 

While I liked the show for the most part and I do think that some of the counselling strategies are true to reality, I have no doubt that the show takes artistic liberties in terms of how quickly the cases are resolved. That was probably the main criticism. However, since this is a drama and they advise people to seek help after every episode, I'm not too concerned about whether it is "realistic". I think the intention of the show is to highlight social issues and give audiences a taste of what goes on in these counselling sessions.

Before you watch the show any further, you should know that it isn't complete. There are 8 episodes missing and I hear that they are coming -- when that is, I don't know. 

The leads are great. This was my first experience of Jing Boran and I like the energy he brought to the show. The second male lead though interesting in terms of his skill set, the actor I don't think did him any justice. He's very limited in his ability to show nuance quite frankly but the character does have a melodramatic arc.

There are a number of interesting threads about the profession and how it can be used as a tool for good or ill. It's undoubtedly a flawed project but not a bad one if you're not watching it just for the romance. 

• Like 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma I just finished WRTW and MOMO, so I was looking for something to watch and this came rather timely. I like the FL and though her acting has room to grow, it's not that bad that I would get distracted. [my main grouse is not being able to watch The Golden Hairpin, I liked the novel and was really looking forward to it; fingers crossed the rumours about LGX taking over are true.]

Thanks for letting me know that some episodes are missing, saw on MDL that they've got the license to air about 2 months back, so hopefully it will air soon. The reason why I mentioned about the factual elements is because I won't mind learning a thing or two from the psychological observations, as they would be helpful for my actual work :lmao2:.