Sisyphus: The Myth / 시지프스: The Myth - [2021]

im0202

What a very weird drama. I came on the thread to see what everyone thought about that ending, and see that there is a range of interpretations, but really, one common thought that the plotting was very bad. I agree that the plotting has many issues, but I could tell that by episode 4. So, the fact that I watched any more of this drama at all is on me. I guess I couldn't really give up on Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye despite the flaws. I will admit to fast forwarding. A LOT.

Regarding the ending, this drama always had a problem with the time travel paradoxes, and basically seems to have chosen to acknowledge and use them only as it was convenient to the plot. So, for example, as @Chocolatepointed out, time travel causes memory loss. Except if you happen to be TaeSul and Seo Hae and have already started changing the future.

And the various time loops closing as well with the death of TS. The drama introduced the concept of time loops, especially as things failed, e.g. SH died but then she grew up to try again. They also grew creative with the issue of what happens when a person touches his/her future self; that basically the future entity doesn't "survive". So, the ending kind of made sense with some really big caveats.

TS asks SH to find him no matter what. It implies that there is another loop other than the timeline they were in so that SH could find TS, even though TS killed himself so that the time loops with the future uploads would cease to exist?

But say that, in the world where there is no time travel, TS doesn't die after all since the events that led up to TS killing himself never happened.  However, in TS' original timeline, SH is a little girl. So, why is adult SH with TS in this new timeline which was adjusted without time shifts?

Unfortunately, no good answers to any of this. I'm going to assume that TS is somehow hallucinating the ending in that split nanosecond before his brain fries, even though the viewers aren't told that's what it is, so that the viewers are not left with a sad ending as well as a poorly plotted drama.

• Clapping Hands 4
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

even though the viewers aren't told that's what it is, so that the viewers are not left with a sad ending

I would’ve praised them if they dare to leave TS being dead instead of showing that confusing happy ending. That was really just fan service 🙄😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love