Sisyphus: The Myth / 시지프스: The Myth - [2021]

im0202

@Thong Thin  @ktcjdrama let me add mine for the ep 4. It's in spoiler. 

Spoiler

The control bureau can access CCTV of the whole city then why did they didn't ascertain Tae Sul's location when he was with the future returned cop?? Let me guess the director wanted us to see the regret of the cop..Then in the cop's house during the smoke screen all the swat camandos fired like anything.. and after that the CB boss said he wants them alive.. shouldn't he tell them that before itself.. I need the refrigerator in my home, solid and durable. The first thing the CB guys should have done was secure the perimeter but they didn't. During the last scene how can the CB guys give them time to remove their shoes and have a chit chat about water density and all? Shouldn't they have just gone ahead and captured them?? 

There are more 2 or 3 but I can't remember now..

My bro watched the first 4 eps of sisyphus and said the plot is similar to a famous scifi anime Stein's Gate. Anyone watches Anime here.. I do watch but I haven't this one. I may watch this one now.

Edited by Iwa-chan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just finished ep.4... I promised not to rant anymore.... I will keep my mouth shut about the laughable moments (some already identified by @Iwa-chan)... Well, unless it's a consensus that we are to rant freely for every episode here? (me trying to bargain a bit, lol)

Anyway, the thing I really like about ep.4 is the opening. Seeing SH scavenging around the destroyed and deserted Myeongdong area kicked up my excitement for this drama, besides the plot and anticipation developing with more explanations we get in ep.4. I love seeing her pink weapons now. They no longer look like water guns to me, because when you have to fight the baddies, let's fight 'em in styles! No girl can resist pink! ~  Go Girl! Pink Power FTW!! :MewWave: But actually, if I were her, I would prefer handguns to long barrelled guns when on the run. It's just more convenient, I think? You can shoot with just one hand instead of the long ones where you have to kinda rest it against yourself and need both hands to aim...?  :thinking: But whadda I know about guns :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Gosh ....I was laughing a lot throughout eps 3 & 4 . Which was your favorite "fail" scene that turned into comedy? Mine was definitely when they were in the cops house , "hiding" in the kitchen and Tae Sul giving a lesson on using Coke as a weapon to SeoHae  with the Bureau guys barely 100meters away :pandawhat:. @Iwa-chan I want that fridge too ! 

@ktcjdrama that future scene in Myeondong was pretty interesting. The street with Innisfrees and the ice-cream etc are exactly like that. I was excited when I could recognise it . My kiddo ate the ice-cream too on our last trip. 

Truth is I had been so hyped up for the show since it was announced . All the teasers had this really dark & serious vibe. So I was kind of under the impression that this would be quite a serious sci-fi piece in the lines of something like Circle . Wasn't quite expecting this unintended dramedy. Nevertheless the show is still able to capture my attention since it is so funny ( honestly I cannot take the Control Bureau guys seriously , lol!) . For what it's worth , CSW seems to be enjoying himself and his character Tae Sul is quite the charmer and charismatic.  So am hanging on for him!

So some stuff I am trying to understand

1. Tae Sul is the creator of this whole upload/ download machine. Given that he already has the foundations laid out with his latest invention revealed at the conference, it is not surprising. Download is when you arrive in the present. Upload is when you leave the future to come to this time line. 

2. Under the impression that Seo Hae is likely in her late 20s (at most 30) in 2035 . This means in 2020 , she was still in kindergarden or elementary school. So she is not uploaded from the present to the future as she seems clueless about the present way of life. This is different from the cop ( and probably Tae San ) whom I am guessing had gone to the future and come back. So uploads/downloads are a two-way street. The cop seems to have been forced by the bureau to hunt / kill Seo Hae. What I am confused is the version of the cop we saw with TS and SH , the same version of the one that got taken away by the bureau. Like a file , it seems we can have many copies of the same person. Are they one and the same then ? :idk:

3. Eddy Kim , TS's bestie seems genuinely loyal but I think he's under immense pressure from Chairman to get rid of TS. Chairman and the Control  Bureau are in cahoots , I think. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

The street with Innisfrees and the ice-cream etc are exactly like that.

I spotted Godiva too. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

For what it's worth , CSW seems to enjoying himself and his character Tae Sul is quite the charmer and charismatic.  So am hanging on for him!

Yes I really enjoyed all the cast when they’re just conversing haha... SDI is doing a great job too in his role. Some of the dramatic action stuff are a bit overdone, like trying to impress so much that it actually failed?... You know what I mean? And count me in if you guys are going to order that fridge. I want my own bullet-proof fridge too 😁

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

LOL, I guess I've to pass on the fridge since I bought a new one not long ago and I'm earnestly wishing my next one can be a French door fridge.

I'll have to rewatch episode 4 because I fell asleep in the latter half and didn't wake up until 5 am! :jiminbtssigh:

The action scenes are bad but the CGI for the beginning of episode 4 where PSH was in the future wasn't too bad. It really puzzle me why there's such huge contrast.

Oh forgot to say, I am thinking Tae Sul is the one invented the quantum invention but perhaps he didn't develop the Uploader. Maybe Eddie & the board of directors did after they fired Tae Sul. Hence it probably didn't matter if Tae Sul died from this point onwards. And if he survive, he could bring down this technology (cue... Terminator's plot). That guy who attack the police, is he the same guy as the sniper? He grew a hand... Terminator much?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I know that I haven't contributed much to this thread, but that's because this drama is mostly a fail for me. I didn't have any expectations beyond being curious about the chemistry between Cho Seung Woo and Park Shin Hye, but now I think that there is none. The rest in the spoiler since it's highly negative. Don't read if you're enjoying this already.

Spoiler

At least CSW seems to be having some fun with his character TS, even though he is taking over the top a bit much. No idea what SH is about, but she feels flat and unemotional most of the time, and needing a really good bowel movement the rest of the time. There are a couple of moments when she's "fighting" where she's supposed to be a totally tough chick, but I think her fight scenes in Doctors was better.  Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to care any more.

The plot isn't engaging enough, the sfx are laughable, the bad guys seem more like 60's comic book villain parodies, and the pacing is all off. For instance the bit with the cop and his mother which I think was supposed to provide an emotional note in terms of how time and choices matter was just bleah. Actually, I found it annoying to watch, plopped down as it was just out of the blue. (looked up director) Jin Hyeok who did LotBS and Doctor Stranger, two of my least favorite dramas. He also directed some better dramas, but his recent work is all a bit of a mess. Ugh.

Also, the dialogue is terrible! It's bad enough that I'm going to take the trouble of finding out who wrote this mess, so that I don't ever watch anything else by them. (looked them up) Lee Je In and Jeon Chan Ho are a husband and wife team who don't have many credits to their names. Ugh.

Okay, enough with the ranting. I guess I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if you all are enjoying it or not. I keep having wistful thoughts of what CSW and PSH could do. However, I think I had better take a break from watching this drama.

• Haha 7

Yes @mademoiselle I was waiting for that ! Dying laughing. There was a moment where there was some zip lining around 1.32 but for a brief moment. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, enough with the ranting. I guess I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if you all are enjoying it or not. I keep having wistful thoughts of what CSW and PSH could do. However, I think I had better take a break from watching this drama.

Lol...I plan to continue. I am gonna view it as a sci-fi comedy from now :pandacool:...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I don't know what I expected for this drama. But  not this.  I honestly don't know if I'm going to continue to watch this or wait till this is finished and see how this end. 

There where so many WTH scenes and scenes that made no sense that it took me a while to finish the episodes. 

Edited by joccu__
  • Haha 6

F1, crime/thiller drama and coffee addict!

FINLAND!

Turns out the remaining bits that I passed out on was only <8 mins. Even this 8 mins contain flaws. LOL.

The show should just refrained from any action scenes requiring wires because all of the wired scenes look fake. Instead of following the rules of gravity, the angles where they projected downwards are all off as well as resistance against gravity before the actors are allowed to fall downwards.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Woahhh... is this why everything looked so fake because they aren't actually "sliding downwards" and zip-lining? I'm baffled by this. LOLLLL.

But oh it's such a treat to watch CSW acting all those out... He's just so good!!

There is a drama that needs honorary mention about similar filming with green screen though. And it's..... CLOY!! I think?? Haha... I don't remember which episode but it's the part where they were hugging each other while on the parachute. I hope I didn't get the wrong drama :laugh: sorry CLOY fans if that is so...

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

But oh it's such a treat to watch CSW acting all those out... He's just so good!!

There is a drama that needs honorary mention about similar filming with green screen though. And it's..... CLOY!! I think?? Haha... I don't remember which episode but it's the part where they were hugging each other while on the parachute. I hope I didn't get the wrong drama  sorry CLOY fans if that is so...

How dare you insult CLOY! 😤

Spoiler

But it's true 😭😂 SYJ was wearing the parachute gear so HB had to hang on to her. You can't see it so clearly but his legs were wrapped around her torso. Given his weight, he should have dropped down to earth instead of patting her hair 🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

How dare you insult CLOY! 😤

But you're the one who remembered which part of it and even found the clip!! Haha, I cannot even remembered which part was that when I tried to find it. It's clear that he is the one suspended and she is the one hugging him. I don't ask for much, at least let her arms be at his armpits, not his waist. But then she won't be able to rest her head on his broad shoulder, and that'll be less romantic... 

I blame this on the production teams alone, specifically special effects team. Not the actors/actresses :smile:  Let's just hope we'll see less of this kind of blunders for Sisyphus.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

I will still continue to watch as the plot is still interesting, though I think the scenes are unnecessarily over the top. Strangely, they tried to make it comedic. I like CSW and have not seen him in a comedy, but there are many parts where he makes me cringe. He's trying too hard to act cute or act charming? 🙄 And PSH cannot be an action girl. She tries but she's sadly below par compared to other actresses in this area.

PSH fans keep out 🛑🚫

Spoiler

Which actor/actress who is supposed to save the world, pushes with 2 hands 🤣🤣🤣 So "guniang" 姑娘 😂

spacer.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 5

This is really funny ! If anything this drama provides some humor for the midweek :laugh:

full BTS here 

Spoiler

Still cuts for tonight 

Some pretty pics from the Elle pictorial 

• Like 4

Now, why didn't CSW play his character like the suave CEO on this Forbes cover - a suave geek? He is naturally charming. Instead, his character has been sometimes wimpy 😭 Over-acting I think.

EvkPyEZUUAACF2Z?format=jpg&name=large

Sadly, I found episode 5 dull. There's a bit more background on the war, Seo Hae and her dad in the future, and that cop who is being brainwashed to go after them, but it was slow-moving.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Ya it was an uneventful episode @Chocolate. I found myself needing to labour through it. The only thing is that his ex, the psychiatrist, knows he has Seo Hae with him. She decided not to turn him / her in yet. What he told her about the time travel , she initially pushed it aside as a delusions. But later when she was alone she recalls his brother saying the same thing.

There's clearly going to be some sort of romance to push the agenda forward. The little tropes are there. My issue with Seo Hae is that I wish she was a bit more forthcoming with what she knows of in the future. She just keeps silent and looks stunned all the time that I am wondering if she knows the reason she is saving him. Why is him being alive so important to preventing this war? Surely she can tell him a bit more - so is it because she herself does not remember? Hence the diary he gives her , she always brings it back with her? I am curious how many times she's come back to the present. 

New stills

105718569.1.jpg

The most interesting bit of the preview is the fact that Eddy ( think TS was talking to him )seem to know about the presence of these future beings in their midst

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Now, why didn't CSW play his character like the suave CEO on this Forbes cover - a suave geek? He is naturally charming. Instead, his character has been sometimes wimpy 😭 Over-acting I think.

Sadly, I found episode 5 dull. There's a bit more background on the war, Seo Hae and her dad in the future, and that cop who is being brainwashed to go after them, but it was slow-moving.

I agree. I wish the ML was more suave and witty. And yeah...ep 5 was dull. I think it can be skipped all together. Nothing of siginificance happened.

Ep 6 was more eventful and more clues were thrown in...also ep 6 ...

YDF_E06_Sisyphus_The_Myth_1.gif

:BulbaConfused:

Meanwhile me....

720P_-_mp4_PerfumeEpisode4_11.gif

Is Sisyphus time travel or parallel worlds? 🥲

• Haha 4

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

Haha @katakwasabi I thought you dropped this earlier 😂

I think it's time travel. But if not for the title "Sisyphus", I will have no idea that they are looping - which I still don't know how the looping is done. So far it only shows 1 cycle - the one we are watching now. It is quite frustrating.

Episode 6 is at least moving the story along! My motto now is don't ask too many questions and don't scream at the ridiculous.

Is this Sigma?

EvsFIe1U8AEOpzS?format=jpg&name=medium

EvsFIezVEAUjr4U?format=jpg&name=medium

Source @kdramacasting

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha @katakwasabi I thought you dropped this earlier 😂

I think it's time travel. But if not for the title "Sisyphus", I will have no idea that they are looping - which I still don't know how the looping is done. So far it only shows 1 cycle - the one we are watching now. It is quite frustrating.

Episode 6 is at least moving the story along! My motto now is don't ask too many questions and don't scream at the ridiculous.

No~~~ i didn't drop yet. I probably will stay till the end~ it's on netflix so easy to watch ahaha. I want to see how the time travel or parallel world works.

I just wish Sisyphus is more consistent. According to Soohae the future is bleak and dreadful with poisonous air and many people dead...but somehow the doctor lady and dad are importing rare medicine from the future too. It contradicts too much. 

And I was shocked when I read that Soohae is 9 yo in 2020. So future her can coexist with kid her in the same timeline? And how can I ship OTP when they are too many years apart hahaha. He's 40 and she's 9 in 2020....or maybe I got the whole age thing wrong. Lol. Please help 🤣

• Haha 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I just wish Sisyphus is more consistent. According to Soohae the future is bleak and dreadful with poisonous air and many people dead...but somehow the doctor lady and dad are importing rare medicine from the future too. It contradicts too much. 

And I was shocked when I read that Soohae is 9 yo in 2020. So future her can coexist with kid her in the same timeline? And how can I ship OTP when they are too many years apart hahaha. He's 40 and she's 9 in 2020....or maybe I got the whole age thing wrong. Lol. Please help 🤣

Exactly! If they don't even have bananas, how can they have advanced medicine?

You're right about the age. It's thereabouts. Wrt below scene, it is mentioned that one side will disappear. But which side? How is it decided? Or if it mixed, how is it done regarding the physical body since one will be young and the other older 👀 Or maybe Seo Hae will be mixed and the body age will be the average - she becomes 20 years old! Not bad for anti-aging LOL.

FVt81rU.png

And is there still the original in the future? If not, how do they loop? Was only a "photocopy" transported?

And who sent Seo Hae? Is there an organisation in the future trying to save the world? She is almost like a rogue agent and coming back to save Tae Sul all by herself. Since what we are seeing now is not the first time she has travelled back to the past, who has been sending her back these numerous times? Or did she wake up in the future knowing the copy that went to the past has died, then send herself again?

Sigh, I could be understanding the show all wrong too.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/3/2021 at 9:51 PM, abs-oluteM said:

My issue with Seo Hae is that I wish she was a bit more forthcoming with what she knows of in the future. She just keeps silent and looks stunned all the time that I am wondering if she knows the reason she is saving him. Why is him being alive so important to preventing this war? Surely she can tell him a bit more - so is it because she herself does not remember? Hence the diary he gives her , she always brings it back with her? I am curious how many times she's come back to the present. 

Okay, no more ranting from me. I've gotten over being mad at the waste of acting talent. It's just a drama after all. I do find it problematic that Seo Hae is so sparse with her information. If it's Tae Seul's life we're talking about, is there a reason why she can't give him more info?

I still find the plot confusing. Though fast forwarding as much as I do probably doesn't help. Or maybe it does.

And, CSW seems to have decided that he is going to be really, really broad and over the top with his characterization of TS. So, while there are some charming moments, it feels as if it's gone on too long that he's running around without a clue.

The lady doc being a part of the Big Bad Evil is an interesting touch, though I thought it was broadcasted very early on that she has her own agenda and that she doesn't necessarily mean well for Tae Seul, or Eddie for that matter.

I found myself laughing in a number of random places, whether it was deliberate on the production's part or not. Also, I had to chuckle how Tae Seul just somehow found the stuff that he needed to jury rig a phone in a pile of junk. Yeah, because that is a thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay I’ve decided to view this drama as a Sci-fi comedy to continue watching it, which was not what I’d thought! 

I didn’t expect to use the ‘LOL’ emoji reaction to most of the posts here either😂

I’m still 2 eps behind but don’t find myself in a rush to catch up... the reveals are coming a bit too slow for me. The plot needs to move a bit faster. I haven’t started fast-forwarding yet, but I may start for the next eps, having seen some of your comments lol

• Haha 3