News! The Daily Prophet

“Fantastic Beasts” 3 Filming to Resume in October

by Lucy O'Shea · Published September 2, 2020 · Updated September 3, 2020

Fantastic Beasts 3 was just one of the many movies hit by the coronavirus pandemic this year, but fans of the Wizarding World will be excited to know that Warner Bros. has now set the filming schedule for the third installment in the franchise.

In contrast to previous reports, which first speculated that filming could start in July and then September, it seems as though filming for the third installment of the Fantastic Beasts franchise will now begin in October. Documents for a motion for continuance presented as part of a defamation trial instigated by Johnny Depp (Gellert Grindelwald) have revealed that Warner Bros. has scheduled filming to begin early next month and continue through mid-February 2021. 

The third film in the series will see members of the principal cast return for yet more adventures in the wizarding world. Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander), Katherine Waterston (Tina Goldstein), Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski), Alison Sudol (Queenie Goldstein), Ezra Miller (Credence Barebone), Jude Law (Albus Dumbledore), Callum Turner (Theseus Scamander), and of course, Depp (Gellert Grindelwald) are all set to reprise their roles. 

As confirmed last year, some (or maybe all) of these familiar faces are set to explore the sights and sounds of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in the upcoming movie. There is also speculation that fans will get the first glimpse of American wizarding school Ilvermorny, with Professor Eulalie “Lally” Hicks (played by Jessica Williams) set to feature prominently. 

The release date for Fantastic Beasts 3 is still currently set for November 2021, although with filming set to run to February 2021, it is possible that any further delays in filming may see the date pushed back.

There is still no word from Warner Bros. on filming or production for the third adventure in this series. However, with filming set to commence soon, it may not be long before an official announcement is delivered by owl post!

source: Muggle Net

courtersy of wallflowersforjane

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, Jane said:

No HBO for me either so I haven't watched it yet. I think @LaLa watched it but I am not sure where, maybe she can help? I would love to watch it.

Owh sorry for the late reply. I just checked my mention.. how do u know that I have watched it? :Mimed:

@bai Hi yes I did watched it around new year. But not through HBO channel. I heard that you can access it if you have HBO Go? But I might be wrong as well and honestly I already forgot how to access about it.. sorry ><

There is this discord group chat for Harmony (Harry and Hermione) shippers that I found several months ago while I was reading a fanfic and they held a live streaming for the reunion during new year. Since they held it with European Time, it was pretty late in my time, was it around 2 am? Anyway I tried to stayed up till the end of the documentary but I thought I slept for about 10 mins in the middle. I was so sleepy after I watched live stream of ending episodes of The Red Sleeve as well. I guess after crying myself for almost an hour did make me feel tired at that time.

For anyone who is interested, the reunion itself basically just a talk between the casts and reminiscing the shooting days for the past 8 movies. There were also the previous directors talked about behind the scenes stories of the casts, like how the trio Dan, Emma and Ruppert got casted for the first film, the hardships and the fondness memories the cast have during those period. It was a nice to hear about it.

Anyone excited for the upcoming movie of Fantastic Beasts? Finally it will soon aired this year!

But I was a little bit sad for not seeing Tina in the trailer.. Will she be there in the movie?

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 2/12/2022 at 9:40 PM, LaLa said:

@bai Hi yes I did watched it around new year. But not through HBO channel. I heard that you can access it if you have HBO Go? But I might be wrong as well and honestly I already forgot how to access about it.. sorry ><

yeah started from HBO go, I can access HBO max with VPN & all the things huhuhu for having stream it on my tv for having it HD, it's pretty hassle. Idk if there is an update for it 😆

I decided to marathon HP series bcs of the reunion huhuhu while wishing my bro beside meee yeah it turns to crying fest for me.. 🥲

lotsa discord fanbase have streaming schedule be it films series or what when you found it. Hahaha! That's sound awesome Lala

On 2/12/2022 at 9:40 PM, LaLa said:

Anyone excited for the upcoming movie of Fantastic Beasts? Finally it will soon aired this year!

But I was a little bit sad for not seeing Tina in the trailer.. Will she be there in the movie?

naahhhhh yeappp where is she?? I think I should schedule soon FB series cs I forgot a bit about the whole story detailss  ><

• Like 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use