China Charm Grapevines

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

When I first saw this , I was so shocked that it had taken him so long to be here. He was the ML in a post republican drama last year which I am trying to watch called Unshakeable Faith. I read on MDL that the show was a sleeper hit of sorts.  He plays a completely different sort of character ( a gentle and intelligent Mathematician ) and he was good in the few episodes I saw. I have yet to continue due to time and partly because there's some propaganda in it. His acting is so refined & I love all his subtle expressions.  I kept thinking where has this actor been all my life. :laugh:

Good lord! I just realised who he is! It's Wu Xin from The Blood of Youth. Admittedly he was bald there but he was also really good in that show. Ugh. I can't believe I didn't pick him straightaway. Wu Xin was probably my second favourite character in The Blood of Youth. Ack...  That was a good show and even though he wasn't in it much in the second half, it was a very memorable role.

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Secrets of the Shadow Sect

It was a nice short drama with a happy ending... :heart:

The love scenes were very realistic and it was the first time I saw the main couple using an aphrodisiac (if I understood correctly) in a Chinese drama.

The FL initiated it and it was beautifully portrayed. 

qYAgx0_3m.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1n8jnefIboH4sJDALtRI

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGnidx8C5gOTUuZeJZ4yP

• Awesome 1
On 3/27/2024 at 8:25 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good lord! I just realised who he is! It's Wu Xin from The Blood of Youth. Admittedly he was bald there but he was also really good in that show. Ugh. I can't believe I didn't pick him straightaway. Wu Xin was probably my second favourite character in The Blood of Youth. Ack...  That was a good show and even though he wasn't in it much in the second half, it was a very memorable role.

I realised he has a few ML roles from 2021 which I will try after Blossom is over. 

On 3/27/2024 at 3:42 PM, rocher22 said:

The love scenes were very realistic and it was the first time I saw the main couple using an aphrodisiac (if I understood correctly) in a Chinese drama.

The FL initiated it and it was beautifully portrayed. 

This turned out pretty hot! I finished this show too and thought for a 10 min per epsiode show , it did well with the plot & romance. No time was wasted. Ending was a tad rushed though

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ending was a tad rushed though

yes, I even wondered how many episodes they would be separated,  but it was only half of the last episode. :laugh:

I started The Shiny Group and it is so unserious drama but very funny...I like the cast...:laugh:

2w4qp7_4m.jpg

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@rocher22 did you watch this one? Was trending on Youku. This reminds me of those HK triad / undercover show . Of course it's not particularly high budget but the chemistry between the leads is palpable and story quite well told. The ML has this charm to him . Reminds me a bit of Kim Min Jae.

First episode 

Spoiler

@40somethingahjumma @NiteWalker @OsmanthusTea I know you guys watch all these short DouYin dramas. You can check out this one on Yuoku. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@rocher22 did you watch this one? Was trending on Youku. This reminds me of those HK triad / undercover show . Of course it's not particularly high budget but the chemistry between the leads is palpable and story quite well told. The ML has this charm to him . Reminds me a bit of Kim Min Jae.

Im currently watching this drama and Hard to Find.

Undercover Affair...Im not familiar with the main leads but they have a pretty strong chemistry. 

The ML is very attractive... :heart:

GKKGQzEaoAAE_ty?format=jpg&name=360x360

Hard To Find

Another good short drama. The cast is good and the cinematography is beautiful.

jQ2Jlz_4c.jpg?v=1

WP5g0W_3m.jpg

• Awesome 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2024 at 7:55 PM, rocher22 said:

Shooting Stars

I finished ep 3 and it is a very good drama, different from other Republican dramas.

The plot is unpredictable and interesting.

The ML and the little girl are so adorable, she is smart and brave. 

I am tempted to start this for LiXian. Maybe I have this crush on him  :laugh:...but okay I need to see how you feel after more episodes as I am a little bit allergic to Republican shows. I always start but cannot finish partly due to the propaganda.

Did you watch this one? Meet Yourself. It was on my timeline a lot last year but I didn't check it out. Now because of LiXian, I am motivated to do so :hug:

This FMV has spoilers but the setting is just beautiful. LX has good chemistry with the FL here too. A lot of reviews say it is a very nice slice of life with a slow paced romance. 

I am checking this short drama out on Youku . The lead from Secrets Shadow Sect  ....let's see how it goes 

Spoiler

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am tempted to start this for LiXian.I always start but cannot finish partly due to the propaganda.

same... I put the drama on hold...I will continue  when all the episodes are subbed. 

I started only because o LX and I like all his scenes especially the friendship with the SL. 

The plot is interesting but complicated and the main villain is so smart but the FL is poorly written, for now.

I still think it is a good drama. 

GMFSLdhbwAA_qkM?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMFSMk-bcAAjHLw?format=jpg&name=360x360

Meet Yourself...Oh, he is in this drama too,  I will try it definitely.:smile:

Walk With You...I already watched ep 1...not bad...

The ending OST from Soothing Stars....:pandalove:

• Heart Eyes 1