China Charm Grapevines

20 hours ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea I think it's confirmed. Since @rocher22 and @peperomia both chose My Boss, we should too.

But @rocher22 also said......:PsyWhat:

On 1/13/2024 at 1:57 AM, rocher22 said:

I watched the first episode of The Interpreter. The ML looks even more attractive in that drama. :wow2:

So what should we do then?:HaunterOK: Quality over pretty or vice versa? :Ghastlel:

@peperomia

PoB rumored to be airs this Feb but only rumors. PoB is a big budget drama. The production house is trying to at least break even with their investment by planning to drop the whole thing in one go. SZE has not officially charged with the case yet. So there is a possibility they can let it airs. Let's wait and see.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

@rocher22

If you like CXX, you should try The Starry Love (cute funny not your typical xianxia), The Truth (investigation genre, heavy but good one. It's not very popular because it's not fluffy idol drama but good drama), Goodbye My Princess (older drama but one of the iconic drama of CXX. He was the walking red flag ML but of course the smoking red hot one).

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Nb411n7oJ/?p=1&share_medium=android_i&share_plat=android&share_source=COPY&share_tag=s_i&timestamp=1678977188&unique_k=ZymiucV

The spicy edit of CXX and PXR in Goodbye My Princess. Mind you, he was only 21 when the drama was filmed in 2017 (the drama aired in 2019).

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 1/13/2024 at 10:29 AM, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea I think it's confirmed. Since @rocher22 and @peperomia both chose My Boss, we should too. Hahahaha! Maybe someone will make a FMV of Our Interpreter later and we can just watch that. :laugh:

I'm on episode 12 of My Boss. I would say the script quality isn't the best. I like ZRN from her previous drama, but her acting (mainly her expressions) is a bit off here. It's not bad and CXX does look good, so I'll continue watch but just FYI. LOL. 

I think the rumor is that if they are going to air it, it'll be done with little to no promotion and air before a sentence is decided for the Song Zu'er. @OsmanthusTea follows the gossip more so maybe she can clarify for us. Hahaha! 

12 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@peperomia

PoB rumored to be airs this Feb but only rumors. PoB is a big budget drama. The production house is trying to at least break even with their investment by planning to drop the whole thing in one go. SZE has not officially charged with the case yet. So there is a possibility they can let it airs. Let's wait and see.

Thanks! Seems like there is still a glimmer of hope. I saw a trailer and it looks good so fingers crossed here. Would love to see LYN soon again.

I heard it was not a bad drama. Is it really out with no subs? I'm not following the drama so I didn't look into it. 

No worries. Yes, no subs yet. I think because it's legitimately released in China only right now.

• Like 2
On 1/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, Tofu said:

@peperomia @rocher22 Is this true?! They are not together yet and it's almost to the end of the drama?! 

I've been really busy so I'm only on ep 14. But yeah...it's mighty slow burn so I'm not surprised they haven't gotten together by ep 21. Both leads are so clueless about their feelings. LOL. I'm entertained though so I'll continue and finish it. I believe they should be together by now. Hahahaha.

One thing I don't understand is how viewers are able to access episodes that aren't released on Viki yet. So weird...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@rocher22 @40somethingahjumma by any chance are you watching this? I thought the story is pretty good since it's a crime + romance sort of thing.  have caught two episodes and like it. The leads characters are especially interesting

• Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@rocher22 @40somethingahjumma by any chance are you watching this? I thought the story is pretty good since it's a crime + romance sort of thing.  have caught two episodes and like it. The leads characters are especially interesting

I watched the first two episodes and I liked it so far. Although Im not a fan of the body swap plot.

The main leads are a good investigation team and they are also intriguing characters. 

GIhIEVsbgAAY1ZK?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Clapping Hands 1
On 3/15/2024 at 7:31 PM, rocher22 said:

Secrets Of The Shadow Sect

The short drama is very good...:popcorn:

Thanks to your recommendation , I checked this out and watch all available episodes! This is indeed good and oh my there's a lot of sizzling tension between the leads! I love these 10 minute episodes - story telling very effective and better than some long drawn out ones.

44 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

watched the first two episodes and I liked it so far. Although Im not a fan of the body swap plot.

The main leads are a good investigation team and they are also intriguing characters. 

I am also not a fan of body swap plots though there are so many around. Somehow I clicked on the trailer and was hooked. Have caught 6 episodes and so far so good. Lot of mix comments out there about JJY but I think she's doing well here both before and after the swap. The ML - Lin Xue Yi is someone I am watching for the first time , and he's very suited for the role here. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks to your recommendation , I checked this out and watch all available episodes! This is indeed good and oh my there's a lot of sizzling tension between the leads! 

the scenes are so beautifully captured...

GIwMmoGbsAAmOQE?format=jpg&name=360x360

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Lot of mix comments out there about JJY but I think she's doing well here both before and after the swap. The ML - Lin Xue Yi is someone I am watching for the first time , and he's very suited for the role here. 

I finished ep 3, and I love  the main leads.  

The mix comments...the actress is good in this role, I even had to check if it is the same actress.

the ML looks attractive in the costumes.

GIyVypha4AAO8Rr?format=jpg&name=small

• Clapping Hands 1

Secrets of the Shadow Sect...

wow....the couple is so powerful...  

The FL is now Master of the Palace and Yingshi is the new Leader of the Shadow Guards...

But the FL's half-brother is scary...  

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
On 3/18/2024 at 7:59 PM, rocher22 said:

But the FL's half-brother is scary.

Oh yes...he gives me the creeps but good job by the actor.

I have been so focused on In Blossom which has been fantastic,  that I almost forgot about Wang ZiQi's new drama. Have watched all 5 episodes and it is super fun. Are you watching this by any chance?

cc @40somethingahjumma

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have been so focused on In Blossom which has been fantastic,  that I almost forgot about Wang ZiQi's new drama. Have watched all 5 episodes and it is super fun. Are you watching this by any chance?

cc @40somethingahjumma

Oooh... it's with Zhang Yuxi. I like her. The chemistry is very good from the trailers. Wow. He's certainly going places. Is this like a Mr and Mrs Smith storyline?

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

6 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is this like a Mr and Mrs Smith storyline?

Yes it does have that sort of vibes. Both are on different "assignments" to deceive the other so it is plenty of fun. Like it so far till episode 5. Pace is quick too. 

• Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM I've seen about 4 episodes of In Blossom and it's not bad so far. But there's something different about Ju Jingyi's appearance. I'm just wondering if she's altered her appearance cosmetically. 

The actress that played Yang Caiwei was okay. She was adequate. I didn't think she was that amazing to warrant controversy. On the other hand, Liu Shiyi is a really good actor. Wow. talk about nuanced expressions. It's surprising that this is his first ML role.

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

41 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But there's something different about Ju Jingyi's appearance. I'm just wondering if she's altered her appearance cosmetically. 

She lost too much weight and would not be surprised if she had some work done. I miss how healthy she looked in some of her earlier dramas.

I didn't think she was that amazing to warrant controversy.

Same...people were dropping the drama because of this . But I also think they could be just anti JJY folks .

Liu Shiyi is a really good actor. Wow. talk about nuanced expressions. It's surprising that this is his first ML role.

When I first saw this , I was so shocked that it had taken him so long to be here. He was the ML in a post republican drama last year which I am trying to watch called Unshakeable Faith. I read on MDL that the show was a sleeper hit of sorts.  He plays a completely different sort of character ( a gentle and intelligent Mathematician ) and he was good in the few episodes I saw. I have yet to continue due to time and partly because there's some propaganda in it. His acting is so refined & I love all his subtle expressions.  I kept thinking where has this actor been all my life. :laugh:

Oh just realised he was the ML here with Zhang YuXi. Maybe after I finish both their respective dramas (She's with Wang ZiQi on Guess Who I Am right now), I will check this out.

Edit to add: https://mydramalist.com/75103-when-the-darkness-falls

• Clapping Hands 1