China Charm Grapevines

On 9/6/2022 at 3:53 AM, Tofu said:

@IpohBanana This is a long explanation of the drama synopsis, right? https://mydramalist.com/736801-yong-an-meng

It does sound interesting to have the male lead remember his past life!! I'm not familiar with Ouyang Nana though. 

@NiteWalker booting ceremony on 13 Sept!

https://baike.baidu.com/item/永安梦/60772328

@Tofu netizens have expressed their concern about the FL, apparently her acting skills are questionable and the age gap between Jeremy and her have been pointed out (37 vs 22). :idk:

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker @OsmanthusTea rumours, rumours everywhere! Wow, if this comes to pass Zhao Lu Si will co-star with Yang Yang and Wu Lei again??? [tbh I don't like the wuxia one, those days, the endings are not HE right? and it would remind me too much of Who Rule the World feels...]

@NiteWalker counting on your antenna to let us know if you hear of anything more concrete :lmao2:

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

@IpohBanana I wouldn't mind watching a modern drama with the LLTG couple. Wu Lei doesn't do too many modern dramas so it'll be good to see him in more of those. 

Wuxia to me is a hit or miss, usually a miss. If Lusi and Yang Yang do get paired up together, I hope for a better wig designer for Yang Yang. I didn't like his bun wig in Who Rules the World. 

The fan favs for Goblin is interesting. Maybe the Guardian pair can come back together with Bai Yu as Gong Yoo and Zhu Yi Long as Lee Dong Wook. Hahaha! 

• Haha 2
On 10/1/2022 at 5:00 PM, IpohBanana said:

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker @OsmanthusTea rumours, rumours everywhere! Wow, if this comes to pass Zhao Lu Si will co-star with Yang Yang and Wu Lei again??? [tbh I don't like the wuxia one, those days, the endings are not HE right? and it would remind me too much of Who Rule the World feels...]

I have never bother with Lusi's ML, she did great with any of them. From the much older Lin Shen to the younger Wu Lei, all great. But for WuLei-ZLS, I prefer modern drama. Love Xiao Zhan but after The Untamed I can't  finished any of his drama.

I would love to see Dylan tackles another role but I don't really enthusiastic about his rumored pairing with YZ.  Dylan-YZ tandem seems to be true though. Heard that Dylan will start filming after this holiday and YZ just wrapped up her drama few days ago. Also YZ was guesting in H!6 for 2 eps back to back, let's see.

Why so many actors rumored to be Zhang RuoNan's CP??? I love BJT but not the pairing.

I'm agreed with @Tofu for Goblin. BY and ZYL is sizzling as bromance. Younger idol actors won't do.

http://koalasplayground.com/2022/09/30/yang-zi-and-dylan-wang-reportedly-cast-in-upcoming-period-c-drama-with-liu-yu-ning-as-the-second-male-lead/

@Tofu @OsmanthusTea @NiteWalker @SilverMoonTea curious as to the story that Di Di is supposedly being paired with YZ and the story is here. Apparently a detective investigation kind of story, someone said sounds a bit like The Golden Hairpin (LOL). If DD-YZ pairing doesn't sound interesting how about Liu Yu Ning-YZ? Haha, those are the two supposed male leads. I can almost imagine the chemistry between Liu Yu Ning and Di Di.

As for Goblin, wah, if those two come together, that would be super amazing! Who would you all choose for the FL?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

As for Goblin, wah, if those two come together, that would be super amazing! Who would you all choose for the FL?

Song ZhuEr as FL, she worked with BaiYu as his sister. They were great. The fried chicken store owner Wang ZhuRan. She has this bitchiness like her role in Serenade of Peaceful Joy. I would love to see Dylan as Yoo Deok Hwa aka Lau Tak Hwa just bickers with Song ZhuEr….😂😂😂

Liu YuNing will have great chemistry with DD. Let them be the CP then.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

dont know either to be honest....

neither do I, I googled up and coming actresses :lmao2: But Kim Go Eun has the not-so-typical beauty look...so I was trying to find someone less pretty, haha.

@OsmanthusTea I did consider Song Zhu Er but something isn't quite right about her looks for that role (too young and don't think it can be dolled up to look older when there is the time skip part), Though, it's young enough to pass off for the school girl role it's supposed to take on. Dylan looks too 霸道, overbearing. Gong Yoo had that goofy look at times which contributed to the comedic scenes. 

Btw, I saw the supposed ML and FL for W-Two Worlds, Chinese remake. They settled on two lesser known stars.  https://38jiejie.com/2022/09/02/k-drama-w-two-worlds-gets-chinese-remake-starring-zhao-yaoke-and-brian-chang-bin/

I can buy the ML (he does look like he came out of a man-hwa), but not sure about the FL, though there is a picture in that article where she does remind me a little of Han Hyo Joo.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

Dylan looks too 霸道, overbearing.

The Korean version was Yook Sung Jae. He is the rich spoiled nephew of Gong Yoo. Dylan can does spoiled childish rich kid very well.

Another candidate for FL maybe Esther?? :PsyWhat: If the requirement is can be styled both young and mature. If FL is Esther then another girl can be Bai Lu. Imagine the chaos of the 3 toddlers on set.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@OsmanthusTea sorry I must have been half-asleep when I replied you. Oh Yes! I can see Dylan as Yoo Deok Hwa, he does have that side to him, though tbh it would be a minor-ish kinda role in this drama then, wonder if he would even consider doing it.

Liu YuNing will have great chemistry with DD. Let them be the CP then.  :lmao2:

I cannot imagine Esther being the FL...lol! wah Esther and Bai Lu! The whole place will come tumbling down. Plus Di Di when he is on set. utter chaos

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker @IpohBanana

More budget for makeup and wardrobe department 😂😂 Not too mention the compensation for the damage set due to the casts get too physical during playtime 😂😂

she own 4 iphone as far as we can see....fans track her iphone and she has the latest on hands....

so i dont think she worry too much about the cost, not to mention her grandpa is having some fun too lols

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
13 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@IpohBanana@NiteWalker
Unpublished photo or photo that didn’t passed the censorship to be exact….😂😂 These 2 have such sexiness and sensuality aura when they are put together. Instead of school drama, I would prefer they have matured drama together in the future.

i assume that DD and Esther? share it here if its DD & Esther :cool:

• Awesome 1