China Charm Grapevines

2 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@abs-oluteM must be you-lah...:YesHalCat:

Dunno, I don't think the article mentions anything about cast. Must ask @NiteWalker to dig around on the internet and see if she can find anything about it.

But story wise I don't know if it is really worth redoing. Plus I love Zhang Zhe Han in it. 

Anyhow since I brought up ZZH, can his career be resurrected? 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM @IpohBanana I think they announced that they were casting but so far I haven't heard of any names attached to it. Maybe they are releasing it to see what the public's reaction is before they start casting?

On 4/30/2022 at 1:35 AM, IpohBanana said:

Did I recommend you to watch this as well??? Even shorter, really bare-bone but exciting to watch nevertheless. And you can finish it in under 1 hour!

I found myself strangely engaged to this series! You can tell the leads were not skilled actors but I still think they did a great job! Every episode was only a few minutes long so it went by very quickly. These short story dramas have been fun to watch! I should try them more often. 

• Insightful 1
  • Party! 1
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

I found myself strangely engaged to this series! You can tell the leads were not skilled actors but I still think they did a great job! Every episode was only a few minutes long so it went by very quickly. These short story dramas have been fun to watch! I should try them more often. 

Glad you enjoyed it, I wish I knew where to find others. Tbh, I got the second one from a YTber recommendation. I saw on a YT channel that there was an 'expo' of sorts or an event where producers gathered to pitch their dramas, either coming soon, or already airing, I think for web platform? There were 600! Out of which 40 are these short-format dramas, so I hope we get a few more good ones to view.

Me too, I actually watched it a second time round. I thought the ML reminded me of the Untamed, I suspect that was the styling there were aiming for. The FL, isn't too bad, she seems to know what she is doing.

@abs-oluteM I swear I replied your post, but now I can't find it! I wanted to say I don't know if Chinese netizens will be quick to forgive and forget. I hope he is enterprising enough to find something else to do for the time being, who knows he may find another vocation, and this may be a silver lining for him. You know the kind that pushes one to explore other options that one would never have considered, had one not been pushed into a corner.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

@abs-oluteM before this gets taken down. Do check it out!

I wanted to cry watching this. Gosh , I am confused  Thanks for the video.

However you can see the backlash from GJ's camp though...

Spoiler

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 5/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, IpohBanana said:

@abs-oluteM must be you-lah...:YesHalCat:

Dunno, I don't think the article mentions anything about cast. Must ask @NiteWalker to dig around on the internet and see if she can find anything about it.

er.... i havent been around internet recently....if u really need me to dig going to give me some times to draw bk into the flow....

On 5/4/2022 at 12:04 PM, IpohBanana said:

@abs-oluteM before this gets taken down. Do check it out!

while parts of what he says is correct, he is also lashing out in anger....

from an outside view....those who cook and buy the fans power to cook up more rumors or even targeted his families / friends is wrong...

this is all about ZZH and him alone....so i guess in a sense they should know when to stop....he is already being punish for his carelessness i think that should be enough....he will be revive and he will come bk into the showbiz....just not sure how he will be revive though...

somehow i dont doubt that there is some power hands involved in his situation

• Like 1

@NiteWalker latest news on dubbing, based on government guidelines, actors will have to pay the cost of dubbing/voice over if they choose not to do it, out of their own pockets, in agreement with the production house on who is to do the VO. Plus another ruling/guideline, the agreement with actors concerning the drama production will have to state clearly how the actors will be listed in credits, and strictly adhere to it. This is to prevent fandom fights over who is top billing. :smile:

• Clapping Hands 1
On 5/15/2022 at 2:00 PM, IpohBanana said:

@NiteWalker latest news on dubbing, based on government guidelines, actors will have to pay the cost of dubbing/voice over if they choose not to do it, out of their own pockets, in agreement with the production house on who is to do the VO. Plus another ruling/guideline, the agreement with actors concerning the drama production will have to state clearly how the actors will be listed in credits, and strictly adhere to it. This is to prevent fandom fights over who is top billing. :smile:

so thats means the artist is allow to their own dubbing after all....i guess there must be ppl who fight on the dubbing rules when it first released....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@IpohBanana This is a long explanation of the drama synopsis, right? https://mydramalist.com/736801-yong-an-meng

It does sound interesting to have the male lead remember his past life!! I'm not familiar with Ouyang Nana though. 

Yes, indeed it is. I think this is likely from the novel - don't know how much of it will be adapted but the fact is he does  remember bits and pieces of his past life, that much was explained in the article. Me neither - I don't recall watching any of her dramas. But with Jeremy, hopefully it'll be ok. Though I recall that he needs a strong FL who doesn't get overpowered/ overshadowed by his presence.

• Like 2

wow first BL partner to go public in China? i havent heard of any in China before ...so i might be wrong

On 9/5/2022 at 12:17 PM, IpohBanana said:

@Tofu @NiteWalker 永安梦 --> starring Jeremy Xu and Ouyang Nana.

Rumoured pairing in this drama - interesting premise. A ML who remembers his past life!

https://www.163.com/dy/article/HFCKMOJF0545BCC3.html

sounds nice....

@Tofu Ouyang Nana is more into musical....she had a small film with one artist before.....if im not wrong....

• Like 2
On 9/17/2022 at 2:21 AM, Tofu said:

I see that @IpohBanana made a thread for Zhang Ling He's drama. He must be her new favorite. :lmao2:

no lah, not really, I was creating threads for somewhere else (ahem), and so I decided to copy, paste here loh. [honest truth]

I did like him in Maiden Holmes but after watching him being too mild mannered, I feel a bit bored with that temperament. Maybe he will change my opinion in Kunning Palace, I think it should, considering he is someone who turns over a new leaf.

The one person I won't quite get bored of watching is Wallace Chung, more my age, lol and in a drama, that bossy, authoritative personality is enjoyable to watch. Though I did cringe a little watching him in Because of Love, felt like he was too defeated and self-sacrificing.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1