The Devil Punisher 天巡者 [TW Drama 2020]

JenL

5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i like all this major cameo, it felt like at least all this stars did maintain a lvl of connection in between them despite lack of get together or maybe they arent just as tight :)

I love cameos too, especially if the stars know each other from previous projects. I don't know if Ivelyn worked with Mike or Ivy before, but she's around their age group so I feel like they would have met before.

As for Kingone, this is like the best reunion!!! Haha brings back memories of Mike, Kingone and Rainie in both Why Why Love and Devil Beside You (Hahaha funny they are meeting in another drama about devils referring once again to Mike He!) They probably had fun catching up as they worked closely when their careers were taking off and probably are good friends even if they haven't met in years :BulbaOWO::hearties:

A side topic: Poor Kingone never got Rainie in any of the dramas he starred with her in :laugh: He played second lead in a third drama with her, Love You...but Joseph Chang was the main lead and ended up with Rainie. I always thought Kingone and Rainie didn't match anyway since she looks ultra young and he looks quite mature? It looked like a bigger age gap than there actually was

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

49 minutes ago, JenL said:

A side topic: Poor Kingone never got Rainie in any of the dramas he starred with her in :laugh: He played second lead in a third drama with her, Love You...but Joseph Chang was the main lead and ended up with Rainie. I always thought Kingone and Rainie didn't match anyway since she looks ultra young and he looks quite mature? It looked like a bigger age gap than there actually was

yes Kingone is pretty mature looking even when they were in the highschool drama, he can easily pass off as Rainie Uncle hahahaha....im so bad....

though they did mention that about Rainie being missing from the scenes hahaha...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes Kingone is pretty mature looking even when they were in the highschool drama, he can easily pass off as Rainie Uncle hahahaha....im so bad....

Hahaha not going to lie, I always thought this too. Thanks for saying what he were all thinking 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha 1

I haven't watched an episode of this drama in a long time and I think it's because I'm waiting for it to finish airing so I can binge it. I saw @NiteWalker's post on Twitter about Kingone and OMG! It's a reunion between him and Mike He! This brings back so much memories. I think Rainie just flew back to China not too long ago (she's been separated from her husband for almost a year because of COVID and their separate work in Taiwan and China) so that's probably why she won't make an appearance. It would have been nice if she was able to though. 

Haha @ the comment about Kingone looking like Rainie's uncle instead. :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Episodes 10 - 17

- Finally caught up and saw the Kingone cameo too! I've become lazy with writing weekly episode summaries for this, though I might next week since I'm finally up to date. :CharmanderYay:

- Have to say, I think this fantasy drama has good ideas, but they're just really ambitious for their SFX/ set budget...But I think they definitely tried their best with making places look heavenly...like the Old Chin (Amada Chou's) office...they brightened it quite a lot...but it did kind of just look like a well lit office :laugh: If only they had the budget to animate more heavenly doors or something.

-The other thing was some of the ideas were good, but not fool-proofed...so came off a bit sloppy which is noticeable in fantasy themed dramas....:nervous: The big story arc with the people becoming scared or confused and causing havoc after getting the piano video was a bit silly - they seemed to have 'solved' it by making everyone at the uni undazed, but the video was supposedly viral? So it would have spread very quickly out of the uni? So then the incident starts again....but again seems contained to the uni. It just seemed a bit repetitive and clearly the culprit kept being the same piano player...so they should have just taken him and held him under their watch?? :lenny: The confusion fluid arc, if it was just kept that way by itself, would work better for the storyline.

-But I obviously must like something because I watched 17 episodes...2 things keep me going...the prettiness of Ivy and Mike's chemistry is one thing. Haha, partly, I'm shallow and I like their aesthetics together and think they light up the screen together...and even though I normally don't love traditional stories, they look good in their past life storyline together. :BulbaOWO::heart: Haha, they've also had bedroom scenes a few times in this which required that level of chemistry and they pulled it off :laugh:

- The other thing I kept watching for is Ou Yang Kai. His character is so fun.:wow: I like that he's actually a bully turned super nice guy and he really cares for his supernatural friends. He's really helpful and he is genuine....I just can't believe he likes En Xi who is the worse character in this. Even when she's not being controlled, she has a horrible temper and is really mean :pandarage2: Ou Yang Kai deserves better...even getting the girl in this case would be horrible because she's treated him so badly all this time!!!

-The main bad guy has been fairly obvious from the start though :pandaheadstomp:

Spoiler

Of course it was going to be Lu Po Ya. Who else would have that much supernatural knowledge? Also he seemed to be really involved in all their lives...and he just seemed suspicious the whole time. I find the actor to be really unconvincing as a good guy second lead...but now I see why they picked him. His face is pretty freaky when he's an angry demon and he does a good job with that. :laugh: I can't believe people think he looks like Bii (Taiwanese-Korean singer and actor) ....they look nothing alike!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, Lynne said:

@JenL I'm sorrryyy haha... I totally drop this drama...

Ahhhh I'm glad to read your update.. Ouyangkai seems to have a good character development.. 

Hahahaha I only just saw this! I did it...I finished it months ago live. I forgot to write summaries for the last few episodes though....In conclusion, the story was weak with lots of plot holes, but it could also be fun sometimes as well. I finished it to watch Mike He, Ivy Shao and the storyline with Ou Yang Kai :heiboi: Even though you ended up dropping it, thanks for joinning me at least part of the way! :CharmanderYay:

• Haha 1