Douluo Continent 斗罗大陆 [2021]

1 hour ago, Tothestars said:

I wonder whether the wolves pack die? They sacrifice their life for Xiao Wu?

@TothestarsIn episode 5 Xiao Wu asks her soul beastly wolf friends to absorb some of their spirit rings (which by the way is her very unique power) so she could help Tang San and not be a burdened to him while he tries to rescue their eventually master Da Shi / Yu Xiao Gang who was captured by the Governor’s son Xiao Chen Yu. :smile:

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Hyacinth0910 said:

@TothestarsIn episode 5 Xiao Wu asks her soul beastly wolf friends to absorb some of their spirit rings (which by the way is her very unique power) so she could help Tang San and not be a burdened to him while he tries to rescue their eventually master Da Shi / Yu Xiao Gang who was captured by the Governor’s son Xiao Chen Yu. :smile:

Yes, but the wolves pack eventually will die right? I thought Xiao Wu like Tang San will not harm good Soul Spirit Beast, only killed evil soul spirit beast, but at last she asked the wolves spirit beast to give her the spirit ring...

Tang san is really something, he proposed they both seperate and going back home instead of saving Master Yu Xiao Gang (thx for the name btw!), but turns out Tang san want to save Master Yu alone without Xiao Wu. Luckily Xiao Wu is smart and know what person Tang san is, so she asks the wolves pack to give her spirit rings, and help tang san.

Btw i dont like tang san for underestimate xiao wu, without any spirit ring, xiao wu is already powerful, i believe she can beat Xiao Chen Yu. But at the end Xiao Chen Yu got help from Soul Honor (3-4 rings?) So their (tang san n xiao wu) one ring are still not enough to save Master Yu.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tothestars said:

Yes, but the wolves pack eventually will die right? I thought Xiao Wu like Tang San will not harm good Soul Spirit Beast, only killed evil soul spirit beast, but at last she asked the wolves spirit beast to give her the spirit ring...

My answer is maybe the wolves died ( but that scene was not explicitly shown on episode 5)...So i am not sure what happen to those wolves since i just rely on the drama series and i haven’t read the novel nor watch the anime...the wolves will eventually die as this is the norm for the soul master to retrieve the spirit rings of the beasts.

Edited by Hyacinth0910
  • Like 3

They released a themed song for Xiao Wu, hopefully it'll be uploaded on YT soon. =)

@Hyacinth0910 @Tothestars - It doesn't show if they died but I'm going to assume that they don't. In the scene with the Titan Ape, Xiao Wu absorbs soul rings from him too and he didn't died. Maybe the soul beasts also absorb the rings of other soul beasts that they kill? 

Tang San is always trying to protect Xiao Wu and the other members. I think he doesn't want to bring any harm to them especially since his mission is to find out who is dad really is. But also, since Xiao Wu doesn't let anyone really know about what she's capable of, she often gets misjudged. 

• Heart Eyes 3
10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

They released a themed song for Xiao Wu

beautiful upbeat song by angela chang! Fit with Xiao Wu's energetic character. The drama is about to end, and they just released it now? 

12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@Hyacinth0910 @Tothestars - It doesn't show if they died but I'm going to assume that they don't. In the scene with the Titan Ape, Xiao Wu absorbs soul rings from him too and he didn't died. Maybe the soul beasts also absorb the rings of other soul beasts that they kill? 

Ah that is wonderful! Maybe between soul beasts, they can transfer the soul rings without harming each other yeah? Which another option beside they can absorb soul rings after killing other soul beasts.

I am curious with Master Yu, he said his soul has been damaged, so it is useless if he absorbs soul rings from any beasts. 

17 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Tang San is always trying to protect Xiao Wu and the other members. I think he doesn't want to bring any harm to them especially since his mission is to find out who is dad really is. But also, since Xiao Wu doesn't let anyone really know about what she's capable of, she often gets misjudged. 

Yeah i think you are right, such a heroic person, want to save the world by himself lol. Xiao wu yeah she is so cute, everyone misjudge her.

Btw enlight me, so purple eye power, ghost walk, and xuan yuan power (forgive me, i havent remembered all the name properly) are tang san's capabilities outside from soul things? Which his soul capabilities is blue plant and hammer. I mean, he doesnt have to awaken his soul matter, because he already has other power from the xuan yuan records. So my question is, everyone else also has the same capability like tang san? Beside the soul things, they can have other powers. Help me.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@TofuXiao Wu for me is the strongest soul master among the shrek monster group....This part was made clear to me right after watching the finale episode of 40...The romance of Tang San and Xiao Wu was beautifully explained and connected to his parents lifestory on the last scene too..And that made me more excited for their upcoming season 2....As for the soundtrack, better late than never...though the ost for Xiao Wu was released so late atleast it could be played while i repeat those sweet and funny scenes of Tang San and Xiao Wu. :wow:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Articles Beauty Circles about Top 10 IP Drama including Douluo Continent

https://www.beauty321.com/post/38910#p2

The heroic costume drama "Douluo Dalu" starring Xiao Zhan is too crazy! Not only did Douban score more than 700,000 participants, the number of online broadcasts has exceeded 2.5 billion recently, and it has won the first place in the TV play index for several consecutive days, and the evaluation is also very good. Few male lead dramas can get such good results. Achievements, after all, the main heroine drama is still the largest of Lu operas. And the following is a list of webcasts of several popular heroes in costume dramas, and the champion has exceeded 30 billion!

photo-60376d064b5d6.jpg

TOP 9 of popular heroes’ costume drama webcasts rankings: "Douluo Dalu" webcasts 2.57 billion

The webcast volume of "Douluo Dalu" has surpassed 2 billion before the finale, and now the data continues to climb, the highest single-day broadcast volume reached 211 million, and the number of participants in Douban set more than 700,000, the results are really good mad! The editor thinks that if "Douluo Dalu" hadn't been explosion-proof, the current popularity would definitely be more than that.

In fact, there are many differences between the adaptation of "Douluo Continent" and the original, but the plot is still good-looking, and it has been well received by fans of the original. In addition to high-burning, funny elements and suspense lines have been added, and the screenwriter has paved details in many small places, so that the drama is fascinated and constantly guessing how it will be edited. And the finale of the first season stopped when Xiao Wu kissed Tang San who was in a coma in tears. The fans watched very anxiously, hoping that the second season would come soon, just like watching the blue silver emperor awakening Tang San! !

photo-60376d1657a09.jpg

photo-60376d09c0a53.jpg

Edited by Tothestars
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am up to ep 21, really i skipped most of Ou Si Ke's part, his parts are really wasting screen time. But he turns out to be really something, despite his chatterbox.

After watching Ling Long, and then this Douluo, i can see a high gap in cinematography, where douluo really like zooming in faces, and less with scenery.  Well i think because they live in forest so mostly only green and brown colours of trees and wood interior and houses. Right after they arrived at XiSi city, they start to colour.

About Xiao Wu, i think yes she can absorbs soul beast without harming them, this is what so special from her. 

I really like the part when Master Yu train each of them to identify their weakness, and tactic strategy is really important in a battle, not only power is number one. Love the team works, and finally Ou Si Ke and Rong Rong can stand up in the battle fighting with Dai MuBai's brother. Long live Master Yu! 

Edited by Tothestars
  • Like 2

I am finished watching last night!

Overall the story is very good, but the plot is quite slow because of the chatter box Ou Si Ke, i think if his screens are cut, we can have a 35 eps packed drama.

What i dislike beside Ou SiKe part, they are more technical issues:

1. background music (especially the flute sound), sometimes they are not just fit with the scenes and made the actor voices decreased or crashed each other.

2. The zoom in faces, although they are mostly handsome and pretty, but for me it is too zoom in lol.

3. The dubbing, i dont know how to explain this but sometimes the dubbing is not smooth, like the scenes in the forest but the their voices are soundproof like they were in the room, somethin like that. One thing that i really feel the dubbing is not right is, in the scene where TS and XW found the interspace with full of premiere herbs which been prepared by TS's mother. In there TS is crying not believing the voice he has heard all this time in his dream was his mother's. His crying voice is quite not fit with the expression. Which make me dont feel sad watching TS's crying. I dont know how to explain it but more less was like that.

The rest are very good, the casts, the story, the team works, love them all! Patiently waiting for S2. Cheers!

• Like 1

@Tothestars - You are so fast! I watched this from the very beginning and finished it after you. Haha! However, I blame my lack of attention on Chen Fei Yu and Ever Night. :eeeee:

The ending of Douluo Continent left a lot to be desired but at the same time, it does set the stage for another season. Like many of us have said, it was an easy watch -- easy to follow and easy to understand. Sometimes I dislike it when a drama overdoes the conflicts and with Douluo Continent, it was pretty straightforward. 

I'm happy that Tang San finally finds out that Xiao Wu is a soul beast. I love that after knowing this, he did not hesitate to try to save her even though he has mentioned a few times that he doesn't think soul masters and soul beasts can live in harmony. I also love that Tang San's dad corrected Xiao Wu at the end. Tang San is not a creation between a soul master and a soul beast, he is human through and through. 

Mu Bai and Zhu Qing are so cute. I love their blossoming romance. Their martial soul fusion was very cool! :LarvitarSDab1: 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Ou Si Ke and Rong Rong had a cute romance that has not fully developed too. Hopefully we see a bit more in the next season (if there is more). I agreed that some of the scenes with Ou Si Ke being theatric were unnecessary. I don't think we needed to spend that much time on it but I guess I understand that some of them might have been to build his character development. 

Throughout the drama, I think I mentioned it a few times to @NiteWalker that the two things I disliked were:

1. The background music. It worked in some scenes but in others, it just didn't match and it took me out of whatever emotion the drama was trying to get me to feel. I hope that if there's a second season, they pay a little more attention to this. I know that some dramas can overlook the strength of background music, but they are essential to the telling of the story. 

2. The dubbing. For the most part, the dubbing wasn't that bad until they got to the crying scenes with Tang San. Those were really hard to watch because the dubbing during those parts just seemed misplaced. I couldn't relate to his anguish at all. Again, I hope that if there's a second season, they pay attention to these scenes. With Tang San as the main character, I really want to feel all the emotions he's feeling too.  

Nevertheless, despite this, I did really enjoy the drama and would recommend it for anyone who's looking for something along the lines of teamwork --- they were their own avenger team, right? :laugh:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Nevertheless, despite this, I did really enjoy the drama and would recommend it for anyone who's looking for something along the lines of teamwork --- they were their own avenger team, right?

Yeah love it! They recreate the the avenger team scene lol, when they fight with the Fiend Team in Xi Si City. 

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Mu Bai and Zhu Qing are so cute. I love their blossoming romance. Their martial soul fusion was very cool! 

At first dont really like them both, cold and smile less couple, but at the end, love their scene hahahaha, love how their love is growing step by step and finally they create the soul fusion which based in trust! Love them!

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm happy that Tang San finally finds out that Xiao Wu is a soul beast. I love that after knowing this, he did not hesitate to try to save her even though he has mentioned a few times that he doesn't think soul masters and soul beasts can live in harmony. I also love that Tang San's dad corrected Xiao Wu at the end. Tang San is not a creation between a soul master and a soul beast, he is human through and through. 

Yes yes i also surprised that TS's mom was a soul beast, i have the same thought with XW, wow TS is hybrid lol! But TS's dad explain after the thousand millenium soul beast change into human form, they became human. I wonder what is TS's mom soul beast? I think she is soul beast plants? Like the tree soul beast in the 3rd or 4th ep. 

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Throughout the drama, I think I mentioned it a few times to @NiteWalker that the two things I disliked were:

So we have the same thought for those two technical issues, hopefully in the next season (it is confirmed right?) They will fix those. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Tothestars said:

I wonder what is TS's mom soul beast? I think she is soul beast plants? Like the tree soul beast in the 3rd or 4th ep. 

I believe Tang San inherited both his parent's martial soul, the blue green grass (from mom) and hammer (from dad). 

14 hours ago, Tothestars said:

So we have the same thought for those two technical issues, hopefully in the next season (it is confirmed right?) They will fix those. 

I hope so too! I think they confirmed that there is going to be a second season but no script yet so not sure if it'll actually happen now. :idk:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:
21 hours ago, Tothestars said:

I wonder what is TS's mom soul beast? I think she is soul beast plants? Like the tree soul beast in the 3rd or 4th ep. 

I believe Tang San inherited both his parent's martial soul, the blue green grass (from mom) and hammer (from dad). 

Oh yes i just remember lol, indeed, he has the blue green grass martial soul. I remembered that Su Yun Tao once said, and TS's Village Chief also said, that blue green grass martial soul is common martial soul, useless one. So yeah you are right TS's mom should be Blue Green Grass Soul Beast.