Hangul: 이도현

Hanja: 李到晛

English Name: Joseph

Birthdate: 11th April 1995

Height: 182 cm

Education: Chung Ang University - Theatre & Film

Agency

Yue Hua Entertainment

lLe6kHC.jpg  8b1o8fw.png  fa0sBaz.png fOz27DW.png AVmJfbK.png  k1ancw2.png  qWnUyzB.jpg

Personal's Social Media

lLe6kHC.jpg hKY4nnu.png kRNxGDn.png fOz27DW.png hKY4nnu.png

Other information

Wikipedia [Eng] [Kor] [Chi] || NamuWiki || AsianWiki || DramaWiki || Naver || Daum || DC Gall || Official Fan Cafe ||

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

FILMOGRAPHY

📺 Drama

rFavZV6.jpg

2017 | Prison Playbook

2018 | Still 17

2018 | Clean with A Passion For Now

2019 | Hotel Del Luna

2019 | The Great Show

2019 | Scouting Report

2020 | 18 Again

zDxeFZ6.jpg

2020 | Sweet Home

2021 | Beyond Evil / Monster

2021 | Youth of May

2021 | Melancholia

2022 | The Glory
2023 | The Good Bad Mother

2023 | Sweet Home 2
2023 | Death's Game

2024 | Sweet Home 3

🎥 Movie

2024 | Exhuma

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

RECOGNITION

🏆 Acting Awards

2019 | KBS Drama Awards - Best Actor in One Act Play (Drama Special: Scouting Report)

2020 | APAN Star Awards - Best New Actor (18 Again)

2020 | First Brand Awards - Best New Actor (18 Again)

2021 | 57th Baeksang Arts Awards - Best New Actor (18 Again)

2021 | Asia Artist Awards - Best New Actor (Youth of May)

2021 | KBS Drama Awards - Top Excellence Actor (Youth of May)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

— OTHERS 

🤹‍♂️ Variety Shows

2020.03.29 | Running Man E496

2020.04.19 | Running Man E499

2020.07.05 | Running Man E510

2020.09.05 | Knowing Bros E246

2020.12.13 | Running Man E533 (with Sweet Home's casts)

🎤 TV Appearances / Interviews

Spoiler

2020.10.21 GQ

2020.12.XX Marie Claire Pop Quiz

🎥 Videos

Magazine BTS

Spoiler

2019 Grazia

2020 Esquire

2020 Nylon

2020 W Korea

2020 GQ

2020 Dazed Korea

2020 Dazed Korea (agency)

2020 1st Look

2020 1st Look (agency)

2020 Marie Claire

2020 AtStar1

30 But 17

Spoiler

Scouting Report

Spoiler

Hotel Del Luna

18 Again

Sweet Home

Beyond Evil

Spoiler

Others

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

2019.11.29 Lee Do Hyun Shares His Love For Acting, Talks About His Next Role, And More

lee-do-hyun-2.jpg

In an interview with the fashion magazine Grazia, Lee Do Hyun talked about his acting career!

Lee Do Hyun debuted in “Prison Playbook” and went on to appear in dramas including “30 But 17,” “Clean with Passion for Now,” and more. He especially made an impact with his latest role in “Hotel Del Luna.”

Lee Do Hyun said something that he would never be able to give up in his life is acting. He said, “At a time when I couldn’t see the future, I went to an acting academy when I was 19 years old, and it was so fun that I decided to become an actor. Some of my friends quit acting, but I had nothing to do but acting. I thought, ‘If I quit acting, could I be this happy doing something else?'”

He then looked back on 2019 and defined it with the word “beginning.” He explained, “The day of my debut as an actor may be the beginning, but it was 2019 when my name became known.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-1.jpg

When asked about the praise he wants to hear as an actor, Lee Do Hyun expressed his desire to be called a “people-saving actor.” He commented, “I want to give hope through my acting. I’d be proud to hear, ‘Do Hyun, I enjoyed your work, and I should work hard as well.'”

Lee Do Hyun also talked about his next role as Lee Eun Hyuk in “Sweet Home” (working title). He described his new character as a mature young man who is realistic and cool-headed and will do anything for profit. He added, “He’s a character that may feel hostile or cold to someone.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-3.jpg

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2020.01.22 Lee Do Hyun Talks About His Embarrassing First Day For “Hotel Del Luna,” Goals For 2020, And More

lee-do-hyun-esquire-5.jpg

Actor Lee Do Hyun recently featured in a pictorial for Esquire magazine. In the accompanying interview, the actor talked about his acting style, his role in “Hotel Del Luna,” his goal for 2020, and more.

When the interviewer commented that he seems very mature and serious during official events, but was actually very carefree on set at the photo shoot, Lee Do Hyun laughed and said, “It’s true. I think I have a lot of different sides to me. But to say that I seem adult-like… I still have to mature a lot. But I don’t want to seem too young, so I find myself imitating other people’s way of speaking, and because of that, I think I’ve developed some different sides to myself.”

Talking more about how he is when filming a project, Lee Do Hyun explained that he trusts the director no matter what. He said, “When filming, I generally don’t watch what was filmed. If the director says ‘okay,’ then it’s okay for me, too. The same goes with today’s photo shoot. If the photographer tells me to lean my body back, then I’m going to trust them and just do it. And in an interview, you just trust the reporter. I think it’s important to trust others.”

Lee Do Hyun continued describing his acting style. “There are some actors who completely transform when they start shooting, and there are others who stay in character even off camera. I’m the latter.” Referring to shooting the Netflix drama “Sweet Home,” Lee Do Hyun said, “I did my best not to speak much while on set. Even though it’s important to get to know your seniors and fellow actors…”

Because he tends to stay in character, the interviewer commented that it must be hard for him to fall out of a role, especially his role as Go Chung Myung in “Hotel Del Luna.” Lee Do Hyun said, “That’s right. I kept thinking about it even after it was over, and there were lines that I couldn’t forget… It wasn’t easy. I still call IU noona Man Wol. And she’s saved as Man Wol in my contacts. Strangely, it’s more comfortable.”

Lee Do Hyun revealed that Go Chung Myung from “Hotel Del Luna” is his most prized role so far. “So many people loved the character, and I also really like the character as well. And it was really hard while playing the character, including speaking in the sageuk tone. The director said to me on my first day, ‘Why are you acting like that? You didn’t do it that way during the audition.’ My first scene was filmed about 10 times. It was the first day I met IU noona on set, and it was under a scorching hot sun… I can’t forget the embarrassment and shame of that day.”

He added, “Thankfully, we ended up redoing the scene on another day at another location. Before that, I talked with the director and Man Wol noona a lot to correct my tone.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-esquire-4.jpg

lee-do-hyun-esquire-3.jpg

Lee Do Hyun also shared an old experience in which he broke up with his girlfriend in order to better portray a role. He said, “The character I was playing was someone who lost the girl they love. So I told my girlfriend we should break up, so I could play the role. I really don’t know why I did that… I was about 21 or 22. Of course my girlfriend didn’t understand. She asked me if I was crazy. But at the time, acting came first for me. But also, that production failed. Anyway, after experiencing things like that, I think I’ve grown a lot.”

Asked how he wants to spend 2020, he said, “I want it to be a year when only I am working.” He explained, “It’s been a long time since both my parents have been working, and my younger brother is disabled.” He said he asked his mom why she continues to work delivering newspapers, and she replied that they have debt, after which Lee Do Hyun told her he would repay it all in 2020. “At least I hope to,” said the actor. “I would really like it if in 2020, my mom, dad, and Dong Hyuk could all rest from working and live off of what I earn. That way, I will have peace of mind when I have to enlist in the army.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-esquire-2.jpglee-do-hyun-esquire-1.jpg

Source (1) (2) via soompi
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

2020.10.01 Lee Do Hyun On The Story Of How He Became An Actor, Turning Points In His Life, And More

lee-do-hyun-2.jpg

Lee Do Hyun sat down for an interview with W Korea about his history, goals, and more!

The magazine asked Lee Do Hyun if there have been any memorable things he’s been told by writers or directors. “That brings up a memory of when I was told that my smile was charming,” he said. “Before that, I wasn’t able to smile with confidence, but I gained the courage to do so after that. I tried to use it like a weapon when I was filming ‘Hotel Del Luna‘ too. I was encouraged by the many people who love my smile.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-61.jpg

Lee Do Hyun recently mentioned on “Ask Us Anything” that he used to play basketball, and he shared in the interview that he’d spent a lot of time playing the sport in his school days. He said, “I was a point guard. If my father hadn’t been against it, I think I would have continued in sports.”

When asked why he’d opposed it, Lee Do Hyun explained, “My father was a baseball player when he was young, and we spent a lot of time playing sports together when I was a kid. But I think he was against it because he’s had experience in sports so he knows how difficult it is.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-11.jpg

Lee Do Hyun went on to talk about how he’d ended up dreaming of being a celebrity. “It wasn’t something that I had a definite idea about,” he said. “I just wasn’t that interested in studying. There was this space where students could go to study and also rest, it was like a dormitory although it was an ordinary home. My mother sent me to that kind of place, saying, ‘Go do some studying.’ She bought an electronic organizer for me to use as an English dictionary and studying tool, but I’d sit on the sofa and watch films on it. I watched the movie ‘Sunflower’ over and over…”

The interviewer wondered what it was about that film, saying that many actors talk about Kim Rae Won‘s performance in “Sunflower.” He replied, “Ah, it’s an unforgettable film, of course. Anyway, after watching movies like that, I ended up naturally drawn to acting. My father objected again [laughs]. He said that it was just a fleeting idea that people might dream about when they’re a teenager. I convinced my mother, so I started attending an acting academy when I was in the second half of my second year at high school, and I only told my father the truth when it came time for college entrance exams.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-51.jpg

He was asked if he had felt intimidated by others at his acting academy. “I didn’t feel intimidated, I was conceited,” he said, saying that he’d thought “I’m good-looking and good at acting.”

“I went to the admission exams with that confident attitude, but I failed them all,” he admitted. “I came to my senses while I was studying to try again the next year. I think I gradually learned how to be humble then.” Lee Do Hyun ended up being admitted to the drama department of Chung-Ang University.

He went on to say that his experience with entrance exams had changed his attitude toward both acting and life. “My life’s motto is always, ‘work hard,'” he said. “I work hard at whatever I’m given.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-3.jpg

Lee Do Hyun was asked to describe the kind of acting style he enjoys. “I like an enjoyable and cheerful style,” he said. “It’s fun for me too when I’m doing that kind of performance, and I still find it hard to play a cool guy role. It’s not that I get embarrassed; I doubt whether I’m doing a good job. Lee Byung Hun seems like someone who’s both an excellent actor and also witty. I want to be relaxed like that at some point too.”

When asked how he feels about acting now that he’s been doing it for a while, he replied, “It becomes harder the more I do it. I once complained to Director Lee Eung Bok that it was difficult and tough, and he said just one thing to me. ‘Wouldn’t it be no fun if it were easy?’ I felt like I’d been hit by a hammer. I’d started doing this job because it was fun, so why did I keep thinking it was hard?”

On the topic of his aspirations for the future, Lee Do Hyun shared that he wants to be called a “master of rom-coms.” He continued, “I think I’ll continue to want to do romantic-comedies until I enlist in the military, and I want to be known as a ‘sexy actor’ once I return from the military and after I turn 30.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-4.jpg

When Lee Do Hyun spoke about what he’d like to do if he earns a lot of money, he described how he wants to pay back his parents’ debt so that they can use the allowance money he gives them on themselves instead. The interviewer also mentioned that they’d heard he has a disabled younger brother, and they asked him if he’d spent a lot of time looking after him as a child.

“It’s not major, but he has a bit of an intellectual disability,” he replied. “I think at one point, because I was young, I felt embarrassed about him, but one day when I was in middle school, he came home after being bullied. I went out and scolded the kids who’d bullied him. After that, even if it wasn’t over a bullying issue, I took care of him a bit more. Recently too, I went to the place where he works and handed out drinks and said hello.”

The interviewer mentioned to him that there have been a lot of points in his life that have brought change, such as failing his entrance exam and changing his attitude, gaining courage about his smile thanks to a director, and starting to take care of his brother after the bullying. Since Lee Do Hyun expressed how he’s careful not to become conceited, he was asked what he’d do if he changed after becoming a star.

“I’m going to keep my senses about me,” he said. “I’ve already told the people around me if that if it seems like I’ve changed, I want them to give me a slap across the face.”

The full pictorial and interview with Lee Do Hyun can be found in the October issue of W Korea.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2020.10.06 Lee Do Hyun And Go Min Si In Talks For New KBS Drama

5e5e2e15a8ec47098536a93bd2b73566.jpeg?s=

Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si could potentially be teaming up for a new romance drama!

On October 6, it was reported that both actors were cast as leads in the KBS 2TV drama “Youth of May” (literal translation). “Youth of May” is a drama about two young people who became swept up in the Gwangju Uprising that happened in May 1980.

Lee Do Hyun was offered the role of Hwang Hee Tae, a troublemaker who hates anything predictable. His life is described as “a war on prejudice,” and in order to break the prejudice against sons raised by single mothers, he earned top grades and even entered the Seoul National University College of Medicine. He also plays the guitar and enjoys going to music cafes. However, due to unexpected events, he ends up experiencing the harshest May of his life.

On the other hand, Go Min Si was offered the role of Kim Myung Hee, a hard-working nurse who left home and is now living in Gwangju all by herself. Although she’s not friendly enough to comfort crying patients, she’s smart and skillful enough to find the proper blood vessel at once. She’s more like a warrior than an angel, and unlike her beautiful appearance, she has a cold exterior.

In response to the news, Lee Do Hyun’s agency Yue Hua Entertainment commented, “Lee Do Hyun has been offered a role in the new drama ‘Youth of May,’ and he is currently reviewing it.”

Go Min Si’s agency Mystic Story stated, “She is positively reviewing the offer to appear in the new drama ‘Youth of May.'”

Lee Do Hyun made his debut in 2017 through tvN’s “Prison Playbook” and has since gone on to appear in SBS’s “30 but 17” and JTBC’s “Clean With Passion For Now.” His most known work is “Hotel Del Luna,” and he is currently starring in the JTBC drama “18 Again.”

Go Min Si debuted in 2017 in the drama “My Sassy Girl,” but she became more widely known after appearing in the movie “The Witch.” She continued to show an impressive performance in various projects, such as the movie “The Battle: Roar to Victory” and the drama “Secret Boutique.”

“Youth of May” will be 12 episodes long, and it is currently in discussion to air in the spring of 2021.

Sources (1) (2) (3) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

2020.10.24 Lee Do Hyun Opens Up About The Stressful Way He Watches Films And Dramas + His Goals As An Actor

Lee-Do-Hyun-3.jpeg

In a recent interview and pictorial for Dazed Korea magazine, Lee Do Hyun talked about his acting goals and how they affect his everyday life.

The actor, who is currently starring in JTBC’s “18 Again,” is known for his strong work ethic. When asked about his diligent attitude towards his work, Lee Do Hyun revealed, “Even when I watch films or dramas, I do feel like I watch them in a way that resembles studying.”

He went on to explain that he carefully observes the actors as he watches: “‘Oh, so that actor changes his breathing like that in this scene,’ ‘If I take on a role like that, I should try acting like that too,’ and so on.”

Lee Do Hyun added with a laugh, “So I do occasionally find it a bit regretful when I watch movies or films, because I want to watch them comfortably from a viewer’s perspective, but I have a hard time doing that.”

Spoiler

Lee-Do-Hyun.jpeg

Lee Do Hyun also shared his thoughts on the kind of actor he’d like to become in the future.

“First, I’d like to diligently work hard and take on a lot of acting projects,” he said. “I’d also like to become an actor whose acting people know they can trust. I want to hear people say, ‘Oh! Lee Do Hyun is in this. I should watch it.’ Or ‘I know I can trust Lee Do Hyun’s acting.'”

Spoiler

Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpegLee-Do-Hyun-4.jpeg

Source (1) via soompi
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

2020.10.29 Lee Do Hyun Talks About The Advice He Got From IU, How He Became An Actor, And More

lee-do-hyun-11.jpg

Actor Lee Do Hyun recently participated in a pictorial and interview for the November issue of GQ Korea.

Asked about why he started acting, he said, “There wasn’t a special reason. I naturally came to think of acting as something I wanted to do. I think I liked being the center of attention. I would always put myself out there in talent shows and sing and dance. I really liked hearing the applause and cheers.”

He added, “I had the dream of being a musical actor, so I listened to a lot of musical numbers and sang along. Maybe not right now, but I’d like to try singing, dancing, and acting on stage when I’ve developed my skills some more.”

Despite being only three years into his career, Lee Do Hyun has already racked up an impressive filmography, from his debut in 2017’s “Prison Playbook,” his star-making role in “Hotel Del Luna,” and his current lead role in “18 Again.”

Lee Do Hyun said, “Acting is just one job out of hundreds of jobs. It’s work that I like to do. I don’t think of it as particularly special. That’s why I’m more comfortable being ‘Lee Do Hyun’ instead of ‘actor Lee Do Hyun.’ I want to keep the mindset of a rookie. I love the work of getting to know the character and doing the research. I love creating them through discussions with the director. It’s not easy to play a lead role, but I’m doing my best to enjoy it.”

He continued, “IU [whom he worked with on ‘Hotel Del Luna’] watched ’18 Again’ and told me, ‘A lead role can feel like a heavy burden, and you feel a lot of pressure to do well, but there’s also a lot to enjoy, so have fun with it.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun3.jpglee-do-hyun-4.jpg

Lee Do Hyun shared that his parents had been against him choosing to be an actor at first. He said, “Starting in my second year of high school, I went to acting school behind my father’s back. But I had to persuade my father if I wanted to pursue acting in university. Through the help of my acting tutor, I was cast in a play. I invited my mom, who knew all about it, and my dad, who didn’t know. There was a poster with my face on it for the play in the subway stairs on the way to the theater. My father came to see the play and was shocked to see his son’s face on the street. After showing him my plays, I got his permission to be an actor.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-21.jpg

Lee Do Hyun also named Joo Ji Hoon as his role model. “It would be nice to always be at the top of the mountain,” he said, “but it’s not possible to live at the summit forever. You have to come down and eat some good food, dip your feet in the stream, and try climbing different mountains. Amid that process, I want to become an actor that you can trust. My role model is Joo Ji Hoon. I want people to trust me when it comes to acting, and I also want to be called sexy as I get older. I saw him in a commercial recently and I really admired his decadent appearance.”

Spoiler

lee-do-hyun-3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2020.11.02 Lee Do Hyun’s Agency Denies Rumors Surrounding Alleged Girlfriend And Fan Gift

Lee Do Hyun’s agency has offered an explanation behind rumors surrounding the actor.

Lee Do Hyun was wrapped up in a dating rumor following an anonymous tweet posted on November 2. The tweet went, “There’s an actor that has his girlfriend post about his gifts for him? And he even ‘likes’ her post.” The tweet included a photo of the alleged girlfriend’s post where she’s wearing a pig hat. According to fans, this hat was one Lee Do Hyun received from fans as a birthday present, and the actor himself pressed ‘like’ on the post under his private account. The same user uploaded a photo of the actor supposedly on a date with his alleged girlfriend.

On the same day, a source from Lee Do Hyun’s agency stated through News1 that the growing speculations are not true. They added, “The photo was taken around three years ago when Lee Do Hyun was with a group of close acquaintances and they tried the hat on together. The photo uploaded on his social media was also deleted soon after in case of being misunderstood.” Regarding the woman who appears in the posting, the source explained, “She is not the actor’s girlfriend, but rather a close acquaintance.”

Lee Do Hyun is currently faring well with his role in JTBC’s drama “18 Again.”

---

Omo @abs-oluteM Uri Do Hyun maybe already has a gf! :duckshook:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Omo @abs-oluteM Uri Do Hyun maybe already has a gf! :duckshook:

ahaahahha....well , it is okay. Always happy to see my faves date. As long as they deliver with their shows. I am very excited with his new drama with Go Min Si ( love this girl in Secret Boutique - good actress too @ktcjdrama will remember) .Has it been confirmed? Are you gonna open the drama thread?

Let me get @Alice Wonderland @LaLa @-StrongTower- here to fangirl as well :D

-----------------------------------

Article from: South China Morning Post

Starring in both 18 Again and Sweet Home, Lee Do-hyun is the Korean drama star to watch in 2020 – he even broke up with his girlfriend to prove it

After appearances in Hotel del Luna, Clean with Passion for Now and Prison Playbook, rising K-drama star Lee Do-hyun is appearing in hotly anticipated new series 18 Again and Sweet Home – but did you know that he’s such a serious method actor he once broke up with his girlfriend to prepare for a role?

Umesh Bhagchandani

Published: 12:58pm, 29 Sep, 2020

Lee Do-hyun will be acting in hotly anticipated K-drama series 17 Again and Sweet Home. Photo: @ldh_sky/Instagram
Lee Do-hyun will be acting in hotly anticipated K-drama series 17 Again and Sweet Home. Photo: @ldh_sky/Instagram
A relatively new face in the big budget, globe-beating K-drama scene , Lee Do-hyun has been gradually building a name for himself since appearing as Chung Myung in last year’s Hotel del Luna, which became one of the highest-rated K-dramas on cable television. This year, Lee is starring in two brand new TV shows: 18 Again, a Korean remake of American comedy film 17 Again starring Zac Efron, and Sweet Home, an adaptation of the popular horror-thriller webtoon of the same name.

Both series earned wide anticipation ahead of their releases, so as the buzz builds, here’s five things to know about the next Korean actor destined for superstardom.

He had a tough childhood

When asked about his future plans, Lee, ever the considerate son, answered that he intended to pay off his family’s debts.

“I would really like it if, in 2020, my mum, dad, and Dong-hyuk [his brother] could all rest from working and live off of what I earn,” he said. “That way, I will have peace of mind when I 

He’s a theatre nerd
Sure, Lee might look cool, but deep down he’s a big old theatre nerd. While he was an active athlete in high school, he was bitten by the acting bug fairly early, deciding to pursue film and theatre studies at Chung-Ang University (CAU), a prestigious private university in South Korea, before starting his career.

He’s been on reality-variety show Running Man – thrice

Like many other K-drama stars, Lee Do-Hyun has taken part in reality-variety show Running Man. He appeared on the show three times and always left the audience impressed, whether because of his wacky sense of humour or comically candid stories about his life, like the time he recounted receiving such an overload of Valentine’s Day chocolates in elementary school that he needed help carrying them all home.

He’s played a host of memorable supporting roles

Although Lee hasn’t yet starred in a lead role, he’s given many memorable supporting performances, whether as baseball player Lee Joon-ho on TVN’s Prison Playbook in 2017 or as Taekwondo athlete Gil Oh-dol, younger brother of the female lead, in JTBC’s Clean with Passion For Now in 2018. He followed up these roles by playing Go Chung-myung in Hotel Del Luna, opposite leads IU and Yeo Jin-goo. Audiences went wild for a second leading man and the ensuing love triangle between the three characters.

He takes acting very, very seriously

Lee has confessed to being a method actor who stays in character throughout filming. This was especially true for his upcoming series Sweet Home where he didn’t speak much with the other actors on set. Lee even took his acting a step further by breaking up with his girlfriend at the time in order to deliver a better performance playing a heartbroken character.

“I was about 21 or 22. Of course, my girlfriend didn’t understand. She asked me if I was crazy. But at the time, acting came first for me,” he said in an interview with Esquire Korea.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Thanks for the mention @abs-oluteM!!!

OMG, he is a work addict. Breaking up with his gf to prepare for the role? Omo. Omo. Omo. I can't! I just can't!  What if he'll have a similar role soon, would he break up with me??? Huhu. No!!!! 😅

Lee Do Hyun fighting!

:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

1st Look Magazine / Lee Do Hyun Reveals How He Prepared For “18 Again” + What He Thinks Is His Biggest Strength As A Rom-Com Star

EmBLb08VoAEIFvZ?format=jpg&name=large

In a recent interview and pictorial for 1st Look magazine, Lee Do Hyun dished on his latest drama and more!

The actor is currently starring in JTBC’s “18 Again” as Hong Dae Young, a 37-year-old man on the brink of divorce who suddenly finds himself back in his 18-year-old body.

When asked how he tackled the challenge of portraying a supernatural phenomenon that he has never personally experienced, Lee Do Hyun revealed that he had gone to great lengths to study the habits of his co-star Yoon Sang Hyun, who plays Hong Dae Young before he magically finds himself looking 18 again.

“I closely observed and studied Yoon Sang Hyun,” recalled Lee Do Hyun, explaining that he wanted to convey as convincingly as possible that they were the same person—albeit in two different bodies. “How he walked, even the shape of his hands when he held his cell phone… I tried hard not to miss these kinds of small details.”

Lee Do Hyun also shared what he considers his greatest strength as a rom-com star.

“No matter how cheesy my lines are, I can deliver them in a way that feels light and not too awkward,” said the actor. “I try my best to figure out ways to make viewers enjoy and accept those kinds of lines, so that even as they think, ‘Wow, that’s so cheesy, how can you say things like that,’ they also think, ‘I really like that.'”

Source (1) via soompi

Spoiler

EmBy4t1VoAAos-1?format=jpg&name=largeEmBy4ucVkAA8cT6?format=jpg&name=largeEmBy2Y7VcAEi_1Q?format=jpg&name=largeEmBy2Y6U4AA9eQ-?format=jpg&name=largeEmB062iVgAA9jHB?format=jpg&name=largeEmB07WAVoAEfQrt?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EmB-j6dU4AE8pXI?format=jpg&name=largeEmB-kc2VgAAVCdA?format=jpg&name=largeEmB-k7oVMAEqQ0w?format=jpg&name=large

Image source: FB

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You can make a deal with him. After 6 months (filming) he is to come back to you. Hahaha.

Hahahaha. No!!! Either he choose me or his career. Lol. Just kidding. I hope he does well in his next project too

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO