Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

HS is the scariest one of them. The look on his face as he burns the photo.... Agreed with everything you said about him, @ktcjdrama. He was conditioned to "save face" ever since he was young. I can't imagined what he's going to do to HW now. He will probably do everything he can to make sure his family remains "perfect". 

That sickening that SW went and did that. I told my siblings that I am their number one supporter but will also be the first one to criticize them if they choose to live a unethical life. If they did the exact same thing HJ did, I would have yelled at them and tell them to go apologize. Gah, the audacity he has to say that to her when he is her doctor who is aware of the trauma she has. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Clapping Hands 2

Continuation of recaps for Ep 12

More shocking things ....

234dad8a-2f3d-43c8-bdbe-6f8ba62497b2.jpg

Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin) met Lee Hyeong-gi (Hong Seo-joon) and said, "I confirmed in the bank book that Joo-young was paid. Thank you,” she said.

She continued, “Didn’t you ask if there senior (Woo Jae)  at the general hospital before? "As the lawyer knows, it's not just because of an accident."

She continued, “I heard that Ho-soo (Kim Dong-ha) was born in that hospital. Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jung) sister had a hard time giving birth to a child by herself in that distant place." Goo Hae-won said, “Check it out. I also wonder who signed the guardianship column.”

The name of Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young) was written in the guardian column of the published birth certificate.

Meanwhile, Park Young-sun collected saliva from Ahn Ho-soo's mouth to confirm paternity in front of Jeong Hee-joo. Jeong Hee-joo, who saw this, put on a bewildered expression and aroused viewers' curiosity about the future development.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Continuation of recaps for Ep 12

On this day, Woo Jae called Hee Joo and said, “I want to ask you one last time. The reason I left Haewon and went to Ireland was because of the writer. I think the writer accepted me for a while, right?” he asked.

Hee-joo remained silent, and Woo-jae said, "When I saw Hae-won leaving without a word, I thought I was going to come back, so why did I remain in Ireland alone? Why did we break up?” he asked again. This time, Hee-ju did not give an answer.

274ecaba-15db-4b2e-a20b-5d1d591bfd95.jpg

Hee-joo left Woo-jae's side because of his reckless obsession.

To find the answer, Woo Jae told Hae Won (Shin Hyun Bin), 'I don't forget how wonderful Goo Hae Won was when she drew pictures. I'll be back. No matter how hellish a memory, I will find it and come back.” He left the message and chose to go to Ireland.

'Like You' Kim Jae-young, found memories... Go Hyun-jung, in danger of being kicked out of an affair in the past [Comprehensive]

While Woo-jae recalls his memories with Hee-joo at the place of memories, Hae-won tells Hyeong-gi the secret of Ho-su's birth. Yeong-seon (Kim Bo-yeon)  collected data for genetic testing in front of Hee-joo.

9b89be61-778c-4b45-b218-08989dbf839c.jpg

Meanwhile, what Woo Jae found in Ireland on this day was the umbilical cord of Ho Su.  At the end of the episode, Woo-jae dramatically regains his memory of Hee-joo.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

It is a sad state of affairs that I only felt sympathy for the two women only twice in 5 eps. The first is when JHJ tearfully had the video call with Lisa in the early days after she was sent abroad. In that moment, KHJ really made me feel her emptiness and longing for her child, and I teared up with her as the call ended far too soon. The other is the poignant reference to the sound of radishes being chopped being associated to feeling safe, and GHW's grandfather promising to chop all the radishes in the world for her when things get difficult. I cannot help but wish that she had reached out for help during her darkest hours, found comfort among those who love her, instead of going down this destructive path she has set foot on.

So most of my initial theories were thrown out by the beginning of Ep3. Clearly, JHJ and SWJ embarked on an affair even before his marriage registration with GHW, which they then carried on in Ireland away from prying eyes, him having cruelly and irresponsibly abandoned GHW totally with no explanation whatsoever. She on the other hand, had no intentions of cutting ties from her own marriage, and ultimately abandoned him with no passport in a foreign land and went back to Korea with what appears to be their son in tow. How did she manage to convince everyone that Hosu was her husband's, unless she was already pregnant with him before leaving for Ireland? Was that the reason SWJ went along with her? If so, does AHS know the boy is not his, despite caring for the boy like his own? Hosu is a kindergartener, which makes him around 5 or 6, so JHJ must have abandoned him around 2015. We are still no closer to finding out how SWJ ended up comatose for so long. It cannot be JHJ since she snuck away before he woke up, nor can it be GHW since she waited in vain for him to return. So was it AHS's handiwork after all? SWJ was admitted in Sligo hospital Mar 2018, soon after JHJ's 1st solo exhibition back in Korea. Was that not long after his call to GHW, which hinted that he was on his way back? If so, it could very likely have been AHS who made sure that his wife's lover does not come back to break up his family once more. 

5 episodes in and I am no closer to liking anyone... if anything, most of the characters have only annoyed me even more. JHJ is being revealed to have a frightening capacity for facades and lies, self-absorbed, her ultimate priority being only herself. GHW on the other hand is making incomprehensible choices after giving the initial impression of someone who has meticulously laid plans. How does it make any sense that she would choose to let SWJ loose around JHJ with no preparation nor inkling of what he might or might not remember. Likewise the run-ins in Taerim hospital - did she honestly think that it would not happen, knowing that it belongs to JHJ's family? And now she could be toying with manipulating his memories to her advantage? Unless I am very much mistaken, the plot appears to be heading in the well-worn direction of having two women fighting over one man. Please don't. I would be very much loathe to see the promising, mysterious setup relegated to something so mundane and makjang.

Edited by liddi
  • Clapping Hands 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

Ep.12 - Not Hell Yet 

- At last, a few minutes of real HJ being human. It's good to be able to see her cry and confess her mistake to her husband, and being willing to accept anything he decided. But of course, HS has other things he needs to protect as well, that he's not going to let his marriage crumble.

- I thought the intention of the dinner date was right but the method was wrong, but it turned out that HS has planned for the dinner to show off to WJ-HW. The HS-HJ couple is just toxic snob. I can understand HW's rage towards them.

- Flashback of Ireland days ~ WJ has become so possessive towards HJ that he even demanded to know if HJ slept with her husband or not. I frowned hard  and thought "That's her husband. What right do you have to be angry if she slept with her husband?"  Then we hear HJ's reason for leaving WJ. It's because of his impulsiveness, or recklessness. So if he wasn't impulsive or obsessive, she will continue the affair? She only stopped because the risk of being found out is getting higher each day?

- Had to LOL that WJ is being offered the same model of rental car form 6 years ago. No, I don't want the old model, I want a new model! It's safer on the road! :laugh:

- O wow, Grandma means business. Doing the DNA swab before HJ's eyes. I really cannot stand her, but her screen time is not as much, so I don't really care about her. Although I think one of these days, she is going to be harmed by the abusive son-in-law. The way she kept belittling him.

- And another wow, seems like Ho Su is indeed WJ's son? He even kept the umbilical cord.... well, unless he was just there to help with the birth... after all, HJ was alone there. Just made me wonder, how busy a rich husband can be that he couldn't make the time to be with his wife for delivery... 

- Preview has WJ saying that he's going to take back everything that was snatched away from him (that's the Chinese subs). I tried checking the Korean, and it seems to use the same word. I mean, what was he thinking that other people snatching away what belongs to him? Wasn't he the one who snatched away what belongs to other people? 

Some thoughts about ep.11 which I didn't get to write about ~ One positive thing about HW is that she sincerely is concerned about the welfare of Ju Young. That she is willing to even become her guardian. I trust that she never meant harm to Ho Su and judging from the little boy's reaction, he likes her. I still don't agree with her way of kidnapping the boy, though. Some argued that she is the mastermind, while others defended her that she has nothing to do with it. I guess we can never know until more is revealed to us later. The show seemed to imply that she did, but I actually think she is not that stupid to implicate herself with such crime. Yes, she did give the mask to Ju Young's father, but maybe what she told him was to enter the party as dressed like so. But did she really direct him to take the boy away? We don't know that for sure. 

And now I have another theory why HJ chose to return to Korea... She might have left because of feeling suffocated by her MIL, but since she finally bore the family a son, probably the MIL promised her some things for her to quickly return to with the baby boy, like an art gallery? The one they’re trying to build now. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'll point the arrow to WJ as being the most toxic and the one that I am really pissed.  I know most here would have the disclaimer saying that all of them are toxic, but then just single out all the bad deeds (or presume ones) by HW or selfishness of HJ, and just sympathy for WJ's confusion.  

Spoiler

Borrowed from twitter:

Episode 10

"You left without saying anything.  I resent you, blamed you, felt afraid ...for years.  You smiled and waved goodbye as if we'd meet the next day, then you vanished. I had to piece together the rest. So have the decency to put the last piece in"

Hannah has every right to lose her mind, she's human.  Her husband cheated on her with her best friend, he left her without saying a word. She was alone, pregnant and lost her child.  F#*k Woo Jae. Hee Joo is trash too but not as much as Woo Jae !!

Woo Jae & Hee Joo used her, invalidate her existence, her feelings... and now she's turning into a monster.  They did that and no remorse, no apology, no restitution.  

No sympathy from me even if he is an OPPA with long locks and looks good while brooding.  And that amnesia, nope.... coz his current actions are still trash.  The fact that he knew that he left without a word for years, has an inkling that he cheated - these two alone would be motivation enough to atone.  He doesn't need to wait to hear about the miscarriage, that she became a shell of a person, and possibly barren before we expect his atonement.  If he is a decent human being, just the leaving and cheating, he should be on his knees crawling and begging. But No, he still uses that I-can't-control-my-emotions sh#t, and just does whatever he wants while hiding behind his "confusion".   If he loves Hee Joo this much, then he should tell HW that he doesn't love her and he wants her out of his life.  But he won't do that coz then he'll be left alone, it's better to have someone there for him than having no one coz HJ will not give up anything just for him.  And please, don't hide behind the excuse of HW will die without him. 

Episode 11

It just seems that people being harder on HW's toxic behaviour than Woo Jae & Hee Joo's??

You angry with the result without getting attached to the cause, it's very awful. How much a human being has to handle in silence before being allowed to break ?? 

It's actually quite scary than a lot of people voluntarily lower their integrity & ethic standard for the one who caused traumas than for the victim toxic behaviour resultant of several betrayals ...

The audacity to talk about victim playing?! What about people who got bullied when they were children but 20 years after, they still can't move on cause they are literally broken, all they asked is that the ones who caused the pain & trauma have some sort of remorse and for justice??? How is it hard to understand that lmao???

As for Heejoo.....

"I'm scared that my kids might get hurt because of me"

Yup cause when she cause pain to others, she never even considered taking responsibility for her actions, she forgot that those she hurt were also the precious child of someone too.
She only really care when it's actually about her & what's hers.

I don't care to know the brother-in-law's name, but is he taking out his anger on his wife (the doctor)?! Whenever he is belittled or put in his place by the mother-in-law, that's when he would physically abuse the wife. What an awful person! Is saving face that important that she has to "endure it even if they are garbage"?! Everything is so transactional with this family. 

Will be back to comment more after I finish watching episode 12. 

• Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I don't care to know the brother-in-law's name, but is he taking out his anger on his wife (the doctor)?! Whenever he is belittled or put in his place by the mother-in-law, that's when he would physically abuse the wife. What an awful person! Is saving face that important that she has to "endure it even if they are garbage"?! 

Yes, he did!! He said for them to experience pain together. Urgh!... The wife is just foolish. She is putting her life on the line. Did she never think that she might die from all those beatings? Or at least permanent internal damage. And to think that she is a doctor.

Another person that made me angry is the mother of SW's friend... What's the deal with her?? I honestly think she is cray-cray... She has put SW in invisible bondage towards her, yet masking it as a good cause. Urgh!... I'm worried that SW will lose his patience and do something bad to her :nervous:

OST#5 - Midnight Sun

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I wonder if that's part of the grooming from their mother? HS is choosing to stay with HJ even though she cheated on him. 

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought the intention of the dinner date was right but the method was wrong, but it turned out that HS has planned for the dinner to show off to WJ-HW. The HS-HJ couple is just toxic snob. I can understand HW's rage towards them.

They were despicable and I think this is what makes HS the scariest one out of all of them. He will follow through with all his threats because he has that much pride. He seems like someone who does not like to be made a fool of. HS has the funds to hire people to do his dirty work too. 

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

O wow, Grandma means business. Doing the DNA swab before HJ's eyes. I really cannot stand her, but her screen time is not as much, so I don't really care about her. Although I think one of these days, she is going to be harmed by the abusive son-in-law. The way she kept belittling him.

The grandma only cares if something is "fixable" and doesn't give a s--t about anything else. She was definitely sending HJ the message that she only exist because of Hosu, so he better be HS's son. 

It was good to see a bit more of these "lost memories" between HJ and WJ. WJ was reckless but also gave HJ the thrill she lacked in her life at that time. Interesting how WJ was abandoned by HJ similarly to how he abandoned HW -- the karma. :LarvitarSDab1: Now that WJ has regained his memories, I hope he gives HW the explanation he couldn't all those years ago, preferably before he start his whole "get back what's mine" mission. 

The next four episodes will be interesting and probably fill with unexpected things now that everyone can recall what happened all those years.

@ktcjdrama I was joking with @abs-oluteM that we might get a Something Happened in Bali ending with this drama. :lmao2:

• Haha 2

The only person I like in the entire drama is very likely dead by the end of Ep9 and I am cursing SWJ to high heavens for it. Grandpa has been GHW's only rock, the one who saved her when she tried to drown herself, the one who loves her unconditionally... and I cannot imagine what it would do to her if he is gone. She is already in a dark place, clinging hard to a man who is not worth it at all, playing a dangerous game, taking on those who are clearly more powerful, more privileged than she is, making deals with the devil. Is she out of her depth? I believe she is, and yet she is determined to go down this path and to what end? Payback for all that she suffered, first at the hands of JHJ who took SWJ away from her, then due to AHS deliberately keeping him hidden at Sligo hospital after the accident, if it was an accident? She has allowed her love for SWJ to fester into an unhealthy obsession, and it is utterly frustrating to see her spiraling downwards over a man who does not deserve the love she had to give, reliving the pain of the past as she watches him drawn towards JHJ once more, losing him all over again. 

Every scene with SWJ sets me on edge, every time he runs into JHJ, coincidentally or otherwise. I have zero tolerance for every tortured look they give each other, with utterly no sympathy for them. To her credit, she is trying to keep him at arm's length, but that is more because she is unwilling to lose everything she has worked so hard, and put up so much to obtain. She clearly has her own ambition, and tolerates her MIL's insults as she patiently waits for her goal to be fulfilled. GHW hit the nail on the head when she surmised that JHJ could have gone on the way she did because she shed herself of any guilt of what she had done. And it's true. Each time they confronted each other, JHJ never once admitted her wrongdoing, choosing to lay the blame on GHW for it all, and this is the kind of example she has passed on to her children. Therefore I find it so laughable that she would have gotten so upset over the seeds of doubt that is sown in her trust towards her husband, coming from someone who broke that trust long ago with her flagrant affair, exhibiting no remorse, merely fear of being found out. Despite GHW using LJY's father to thwart AHS' plans of building Taerim Gallery, I am beginning to see flashes of her original self in her concern for the girl's well-being, trying so hard to get her father released so that she is not alone. I wish I could say the same for JHJ, who blatantly admitted to Dongmi that she was more concerned about herself than her daughter who had not come home. Yet the moment she saw Li-sa, she put on a big show that her daughter is the most precious to her, which is utterly nauseating.

Right now, I am still uncertain what the abusive lawyer LYS has to gain from working with her. Is he trying to bring down AHS, so that he and his wife can take over the foundation? He is coercing his wife to side with him against her family, but the real question is, why she is doing so. Is it merely out of fear for her husband? Yet, she appears to be gloating at all hints of JHJ and SWJ's connection, knowing that her mother is dead opposed to affairs and divorce. Does she resent her brother for being the favoured child as the son, over her? While we're on the topic of AHS, it is clear there is far more to him than meets the eye. He admitted to GHW previously that he really loves his wife. As such, is everything he is putting up with - the terrible knowledge of her infidelity, accepting Ho-su as his own - due to his fear of losing her? Or is it out of deference of his mother's obvious objection to affairs and divorce? Is he ensuring that JHJ will not be able to envision a life without him as a form of payback in the future? He is very much a mystery for now.

This is probably the only drama that I have sat through, rolling my eyes, raring to consign most of them to the depths of the lake where JHJ dumped the suspicious bag. The saving grace for me is the music, gorgeous cinematography, particularly of the picturesque scenes in Ireland, and the amazing works of art that are being showcased. Will that be enough for me to soldier on? I hope so. Almost everyone is a trainwreck waiting to happen but I can't bring myself to look away just yet, because I need to believe that we will see justice being served in the end.

• Clapping Hands 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

Am finally caught up. At this juncture, what frustrates me the most is watching GHW still persisting in her path of self-destruction, hell-bent on destroying JHJ and possibly SWJ, even if it means losing her life as well. I don't believe she intends to come out of it alive, but she is still pushing on. No good counsel could get through to her - not her grandfather's, not the bar owner's, who is now proving to be one of the few sane people left in the entire drama - because she would not let go of the rage that has twisted her psyche until she can no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel. Is she merely punishing JHJ who, despite all that she has done, is that much more blessed with a husband who would overlook it all because he loves her that much; a lover who remains instinctively drawn to her even when he cannot remember their past; a brother who adores and defends her unconditionally? Does she intend to tear down SWJ as well, or is she hoping that somehow, he would choose her this time round? Whatever her motivations, I really wish someone would snap her out of her insanity before it is far too late. She has already crossed the line by manipulating LJY's father to kidnap Hosu. Whatever her grievances are with JHJ and even AHS, she should never have involved the children. But then again, is she still thinking straight anymore?

To be honest, I do not even know whether the regrets JHJ professes to her husband are sincere. She was conducting an affair right under his nose, even when he came to visit her and their daughter in Ireland - going between her husband and her lover, only leaving the latter, apparently due to his recklessness. My interpretation is that if he had been content to just be her lover, she would have continued on the affair, enjoying the best of both worlds - living in the lap of luxury with a doting husband and family while having a young lover at the side who adored her. Since he forced her to choose, she made the most pragmatic decision and resumed her perfect life and seeing her dreams come to fruition one by one. AHS' capacity for forgiveness when it comes to his wife is moving yet terrifying, his determination to fight for and protect his family, formidable. We know he is not above trampling on others to achieve his goals. He told his wife not to walk on eggshells around him, but is he really able to erase the terrible scars of betrayal from his mind? Or is it merely a matter of time before he too snaps. How far would he protect the family he has determined to be his? It is now clear that he deliberately ran over SWJ in 2018. Is he above taking it one step further to ensure his family remains intact?

I had no sympathy for SWJ before, and now, knowing even more of what happened in Ireland, has not changed my stance towards him. To have treated GHW as shabbily as he did, to be so ludicrous as to be jealous of JHJ being with her husband when he is the other party, to continue to make promises to GHW which he would very likely break yet again just pegs him as an irresponsible coward. Which is all the more reason why it riles me so much that these two women would destroy their lives over him. One thing though - was he in an altercation or accident with GHW in the past, seeing her left hand and his right side were injured? Or is it just a coincidence. Also, GHW has been having repeated dreams of drowning. We know she tried to drown herself in the past, and was saved by grandpa. Is that the trigger, or is this her premonition, a foreshadowing of her being killed by JHJ and dumped into the river? Questions questions. Will anyone come out unscathed in the end?

Edited by liddi
  • Clapping Hands 2

I have a question. We know that GHW is suffering from fibromyalgia, which leaves her in pain throughout her body. I don't recall anywhere that says that she had a miscarriage when SWJ disappeared on her in 2014. Can anyone tell me which episode does it say so?

I may be wrong but it would appear that GHW's original intent had always been to get a sincerely contrite apology from JHJ, truly acknowledging and repenting of the pain she inflicted upon the younger woman rather than just because she was coerced to due to the looming threat to her perfect life. This finally changed when grandpa died waiting for SWJ who failed to show up, after which GHW destroyed all bridges of reconciliation through the symbolic burning of the green coat. Is her plan henceforth to push JHJ to the brink so that the older woman would finally retaliate by killing her, thus putting an end to her wretched life and effectively sealing JHJ's fate. While JHJ could potentially still recover from the aftermath of an exposed affair and illegitimate son, she could never escape the consequences of murder. Is that the reason why she knows she would not outlive her mother, nor give her mother a grandchild? I must wonder... is the betrayal harder coming from JHJ or SWJ? The affair initiated from him, and he made the choice to leave her without any warning or explanation, so by all intents and purposes, his irresponsibility and cowardice is the root of her pain. Not for the first time, I wish she could somehow pull herself from this destructive downward spiral before it is too late, but unless a miracle happens, I don't think there will be any last minute reprieve, based on what we've seen from the start of the drama. 

This is my first KHJ drama, and can I just say how beautifully nuanced her performance is, and how much I love the timbre of her voice. Similarly, this is the first of SHB's works I've watched, and she truly showcases the contrast between GHW before and after the betrayal, the loss of the inner light that used to shine from her entire being. As for KJY, I really enjoyed his Sunwoo in Secret Boutique, but for now, I feel that he hasn't had much to do except look broody and confused. It doesn't help that his character is so unlikeable unless he surprises me at the last minute by making redemptive choices, which I see no sign of for now. The music is a real gem, both the songs and instrumental tracks... the moodiness very much in keeping with the overall ambiance of the drama. Production wise, it is an excellent piece of work, well paced, gorgeously shot, which truly goes a long way to keep me watching even when I find so little to like from the actual characters itself. And that in itself is an achievement.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

5 hours ago, liddi said:

. I don't recall anywhere that says that she had a miscarriage when SWJ disappeared on her in 2014. Can anyone tell me which episode does it say so?

It has never been mentioned outright but she keeps saying how she lost some thing precious to her. That is all I remember. 

I really appreciate the acting chops of the leading ladies here too , which is one reason I am able to keep on watching this torturous show. The story telling is good , and every episode you learn something about the characters. But I admit it hasn't been easy for me to watch as the characters here are either unlikeable or makes me frustrated. 

KJY was the main reason I started this show since I love him in a number of roles he has taken on in the past but here as Woo Jae, I  cannot stand him or his obsession over Hee Joo . Also his character will not be developed much as he is more of supporting role ( only the ladies were at the press conference). As far as I can tell, the narrative is told very much from the women's POV. However since  KJY was in an acting slump for close to 2 years before making a come back, I am just happy to see him in something. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM Thank you for your clarification. Of the lot, GHW is the one who persists in being cryptic... and to date, I am still not fully clear what she does and doesn't know. Far more than the rest of the characters, her backstory intrigues me the most since we know so little, which I hope the last 4 episodes will reveal.

I am so sorry to hear that that KJY was in an acting slump until now. Hope that this will be the start of more interesting, diverse works to come. You're right. Everything centres around the two women, though they revolve around SWJ, one time or another. Still, it would be great to see more of his own backstory explained, an additional facet that is more than just an irresponsible coward.

This drama is one of the most generous in terms of BTSes - 20+ to date excluding the teasers and press conferences. It is very therapeutic to watch the BTSes after all the pent-up frustration from the drama, seeing how much laughter goes on behind the scenes especially among those whose characters are outright antagonistic. Please keep them coming, which will definitely help in maintaining our sanity to the end!

Edited by liddi
  • Heart Eyes 2

More BTSes to set us in the right frame of mind going into this week's episodes. Such a boon to see how sweet the children are in real life, and how warm and happy the set is. It's hilarious to see KHJ and CWY still enjoying the meal after the shoot :laugh:

• Like 2

@liddi  Thanks for the videos. They seem to have a lot fun behind the scenes.  

What surprises me a lot is that some actually "ship" Hee Ju and Woo Jae . I also read of comments about how the drama romanticizes cheating. Perhaps I may be watching a different show because as far as I am concerned this drama does NOT try to justify the affair . If anything it shows how damaging an affair can be . The poor decisions made , and the lack of self control can be so destructive to the family unit. The affair became a catalyst to Hae Won's state. Look at what is happening to Lisa...gosh ...

Looks like the truth about the accident will be revealed tonight

22U53NT3Y8_1.jpg

• Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM I cannot imagine how the drama could be seen as romanticising the affair unless they are referring to the lingering shots of JHJ and SWJ at their love nest against the backdrop of such gorgeous scenery in Ireland (it definitely makes me want to visit the Cliffs of Moher myself!). However, I agree with you that there is nothing in the drama that advocates the affair. If anything, it shows just how destructive an affair can be and how far-reaching the consequences - for those involved, those who love them and the ones they love.

Edited by liddi
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 11/18/2021 at 9:47 PM, Tofu said:

HS is the scariest one of them.

You’re right about this.

Spoiler

He purposely ran over a drunk WJ in Ireland.

Gosh, I lost count how many times I feel like throwing things onto the screen while watching ep.13. Be back tomorrow with more thoughts. Need my sleep now as it’s been a long day for me. I want to say that for now, despite all the scheming things HW did, I will choose to defend her instead of HJ/WJ/HS. Whatever she did was more of reactions to what happened to her, whereas the others, they’re agents of their own sufferings. Disclaimer though, I am aware I might change my mind on HW later. 

• Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

So Hosu is not Woo Jae's kid right? I'm reading the stuff on Naver and that is what I gather. So Woo Jae became free baby sitter? LOL

Woo Jae  is a nut case. He regains his memories, and his obsession over Hee Ju . He returns to SK and tells Hae Won he wants a divorce but as expected she's not gonna let go. He even tells Hae Won he plans to get Hee Ju back. And he goes beg Hee Ju to give him a chance. Roll my eyes...

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I avoided spoilers today because I didn't want to be distracted in my meetings at work. 

@abs-oluteM Interesting to see how he went from never telling HW anything about his affair to telling her everything. I don't know why he couldn't do this before he left for Ireland. Then she wouldn't have to spend those many years feeling guilty. :niu:

@ktcjdrama He has money and power. I'm not surprised he purposely did that. Although, if it was done purposely, why did he continue to pay for his medical bills in Ireland? It surely can't be guilt, right? Was it to make sure he doesn't show up in front of HJ again? 

These twisted people. :PikachuFacePalm:

• Clapping Hands 3
9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Woo Jae  is a nut case. He regains his memories, and his obsession over Hee Ju . He returns to SK and tells Hae Won he wants a divorce but as expected she's not gonna let go. He even tells Hae Won he plans to get Hee Ju back. And he goes beg Hee Ju to give him a chance. Roll my eyes...

This! Like HW, I expected a different reaction. But no, his obsession actually escalated unbelievably high, for a person who just "came back" to life. 

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

he went from never telling HW anything about his affair to telling her everything. I don't know why he couldn't do this before he left for Ireland.

Exactly! Was it because he originally  

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Although, if it was done purposely, why did he continue to pay for his medical bills in Ireland? It surely can't be guilt, right?

If I were to think positively of him, it was a crime of passion. To be fair, WJ did taunt him bad. He couldn't control himself and immediately regretted his action. Then he got WJ to the hospital, and been wondering what to do next? 

• Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

I feel like even trying to process the preview for episode 14 will take some time. :scaredpanda2:

I guess I'm glad WJ admitted that he's a coward and that's why he didn't break up with HW before he disappeared. I do think he is still very much that same coward. 

59 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

If I were to think positively of him, it was a crime of passion. To be fair, WJ did taunt him bad. He couldn't control himself and immediately regretted his action. Then he got WJ to the hospital, and been wondering what to do next? 

He completely instigated it by taunting HS like that. It doesn't excuse what HS did, but was this always WJ's personality? If so, what did HW and HJ see in him? :SquirtlePuke:

• Haha 3

Someone should have pushed SWJ off the Cliffs of Moher way back when, which would have saved me and everyone else in the drama a whole lot of grief.

That's it.

Ep14 please.

Okay - one more thing. Am I the only one who hopes that GHW and JSW will find a confidante in each other, be able to gain healing from the oppressive lives that they have been living?

Edited by liddi
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

21 minutes ago, liddi said:

Okay - one more thing. Am I the only one who hopes that GHW and JSW will find a confidante in each other, be able to gain healing from the oppressive lives that they have been living?

This was something I had been hoping for from the start - that instead of letting one man ruin their lives , they could both rise up from this and stuff him somewhere far away. But with 3 episodes left , is that even possible?

New stills

Another awful man - so many horrible people in this show

202111251658160310_2.jpg

• Clapping Hands 3