Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

18 hours ago, akikisetsu said:

Just got surprised when I read the current entries, as there seems to be an overwhelming consideration for WJ here.  Personally, I just don't get it.  It just comes across as wanting to lessen guilt of HJ and WJ compared to HW, so nitpicking on HW's conversation and action to WJ when they seemed straightforward and in context with time and typical human reaction.  

I'm not sure how much backtracking you've done with our posts, but we have said that this whole thing started with WJ and criticized him quite a bit. He actively pursued HJ when she told him she was married. He was the one who left HW without any words. 

We've been talking more about HW because there hasn't really been anything new with HJ and WJ (ep9&10 were more focused on HW). HJ's and WJ's general story is pretty much developed at this point -- they cheated on their spouse, potentially had a son together, HJ left WJ in Ireland, WJ got into an accident, WJ was in a coma and lost his memories, and neither are willing to own up to what they did. For HW, the amount of information she knows is still unknown. It's comes up in conversations, but she has not fully disclose all of what she knows. When she was wearing the green coat, I think that was her way of still giving consideration to HJ and maybe every one else too. Once she burned that coat, it sent the message that she has nothing to lose, she's going all out now. We will finally start to see how much more HW is capable of in the upcoming episodes. 

But moving on, I read that in the book, HJ continued to deny her affair and she did what she did to HW at the end because she didn't want her secrets to be exposed. The HW the drama portrayed is different from the book -- HW never used HJ's children and she was not relentless in holding on to WJ. She would appear in front of HJ asking for an apology because HJ owning up to what she did and apologizing was all she cared about. The drama's portrayal makes her look like an obsessed woman who's willing to use anyone to get what she wants. Regardless, it seems like most people who read the book agreed that all three characters were bad and can't be redeemed. Maybe the best solution is to see the destruction of HJ and HW and having WJ live in guilt for destroying the lives of the person he once loved and the one he currently loves. :idk: 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

O yay! This drama thread is featured on the main banner :eeeee:Hopefully more people will watch and share their thoughts. I just can’t stop thinking about this drama. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

When she was wearing the green coat, I think that was her way of still giving consideration to HJ and maybe every one else too. Once she burned that coat, it sent the message that she has nothing to lose, she's going all out now.

Yes, I thought so too. It’s like she’s given up any hope and expectations towards HJ already. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Maybe the best solution is to see the destruction of HJ and HW and having WJ live in guilt for destroying the lives of the person he once loved and the one he currently loves. 

This would be a good solution to the drama. 

I wish I can read the novel too. Right now can only depend on other people’s sharing. 

Though now I wonder if the dead body dumped is HW or not. It could also be WJ, because in ep.1 opening, HJ narrated “To me, hell is watching my loved one died for me” It couldn’t be HW, right? And surely it won’t be HS nor any of the children, because then she will need to explain their disappearance. The only people she doesn’t need to make explanations for their disappearance is WJ or HW. 

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 10/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Some dates I got from the drama so far:

- 2013/09/19 ~ WJ HW marriage registration 

- 2014/01/18 ~ WJ’s passport date

- 2018/03/16 ~ WJ admitted to Sligo hospital as a John Doe

- 2020/10/08 ~ WJ discharged from Sligo hospital

- 2020/10/16 ~ date on HW’s disciplinary letter by school

- 2020/10/20 ~ current timeline (from printout date of WJHW documents that the investigator handed to HJ)

Since Ho Su is in kindie, he would be around 4-6 yo. So after being abandoned by HJ, WJ called HW and ready to go back to Korea. It’s been 4 years then, and a few more years being unconscious until present time 2020. 

Quoting myself to update on the timeline. 
Since end of 2020 is Ho Su’s 7th birthday, that means he was born in 2014 winter.

Some things feel off to me. That means WJ stayed back in Ireland for a couple of years after HJ left him, which I assume sometime in late 2015 or early 2016 (judging from baby’s age). He got into the accident in March 2018... I remember it was mentioned somewhere they were in Ireland together for 3 years. So the only explanation of this if Ho Su’s age was a wrong information, intentionally or not. HW was doing some knowing calculation when he told her his age though. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

O yay! This drama thread is featured on the main banner 

In SK, I read that the though ratings are not high, alot of folks actually watch on NF till the point it is the most watched drama over the weekend. A lot attributed to the FLs here - doing a good job with their characters . Though this drama can definitely give one high blood pressure, it is intriguing. The plot may seem to be moving slowly but I appreciate how we seem to discover new things or get a different perspective to the characters in every episode.

202111151637182110.jpg

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Since end of 2020 is Ho Su’s 7th birthday, that means he was born in 2014 winter.

But korean age is +1year  right. So he's technically born in 2015 ? 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

But korean age is +1year  right. So he's technically born in 2015 ?

I have taken that into consideration. From what I understand, the moment a baby is born, he is considered as 1 yo (supposedly including the time in the womb). So if Ho Su celebrated 7th birthday in 2020, he would’ve celebrated his 1st birthday in 2014. 

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I wish there was translation for this . Though this is shown on NF,  we won't be getting like those Swoon videos etc. It would have been great if we could get some insights about what they think of their characters.

KJY's agency has done some videos, and in this one they compare what Woo Jae would do in a situation versus what neighborhood oppa KJY would respond in that scenario. :hug:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It would have been great if we could get some insights about what they think of their characters.

Agreed. Maybe they can do a post-drama interview or something. All their characters are so intense, it'll be good to know their thoughts on conveying those conflicting emotions, their personal opinions on their characters, etc. 

@abs-oluteM I heard that their characters are a bit more palatable in the book but still equally as evil too. 

That still of HW, she looks like she so over whatever is happening there. :lmao2:

• Haha 2

The drama is oppressive from the get-go, and shows no signs of abating 2eps in. Tonally bleak despite the burst of colours - bright red, rich green contrasting each other just as the characters face off in a sly veneer of civility with charged undercurrents of barely concealed hostility. Almost everyone feels off-balanced, every adult character as well as the older children harbouring secrets, most of which appear interlinked with one another, whether they realise it or not.

There is an unsettled air about JHJ, and she is like a tightly wound coil just waiting to lash out, buttons which GHW is deliberately pushing. By the same token, GHW's measured languidness belies her own walk on the edge... her previous brush with suicide and her self-preservation now kicking in appears driven by the carefully laid plans she has set in motion - claiming her comatose husband, haunting JHJ. A proverbial game of cat and mouse is being played out right now, tendrils slowly circling those JHJ holds dear - her husband, her children, her brother, her art. Is it malevolent? Very likely. JHJ is clearly being targeted, but while I feel for her, particularly for her lack of standing in her own home, the way her son is being clearly held hostage by her mother-in-law, she is not as innocent and helpless a victim as she initially is made out to be. Her narration of how she started painting stacks up like a pack of lies, claiming to have started abroad when she visited her daughter, blatantly taking credit for her own artistic accomplishment with no acknowledgement of the art student who was her tutor and very likely, once a friend. Did JHJ metaphorically rob everything that defined GHW - her love, her art, the future that should have been hers? There was obviously something going on between her and SWJ during the wedding shoot back in 2013 which GHW was at the time, blithely unaware of. What happened in the past, to have wiped the life and warmth from GHW's eyes? Did JHJ embark on an affair with the younger man, or was it one-sided on his part? By all intents and purposes, her husband appears to be an ideal spouse, supportive and loving. He must be aware of who SWJ is, to have squirreled him away in Ireland back in 2018, and keeping it secret from her the past 2 years. Is SWJ's condition of his making, or did she have something to do with it and he is covering up for her? Is he protecting his wife, or is there an ulterior motive?

Thus far, there is a glut of unlikeable characters across the board with AHS and JSW appearing to be among the very few who are halfway decent. Certainly, I do not root for either of the two opposing women... and for now, it is with a sense of detached interest that I follow their progress leading to the fateful night that we see in the opening scene. Will I end up changing my mind down the road as I learn more about their backstory? We shall see.

Last but certainly not least, the breathtakingly evocative opening scene so perfectly complemented by the beautiful soundtrack, which I keep revisiting. Gorgeous!

• Clapping Hands 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

30 minutes ago, liddi said:

Thus far, there is a glut of unlikeable characters across the board with AHS and JSW appearing to be among the very few who are halfway decent. Certainly, I do not root for either of the two opposing women... and for now, it is with a sense of detached interest that I follow their progress leading to the fateful night that we see in the opening scene. Will I end up changing my mind down the road as I learn more about their backstory? We shall see.

Yay!! Glad that you've started this. I hope that the future reveals will keep you interested to continue watching. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama Thank you for the recommendation. Am definitely on board even if I don't like anyone yet, which is a novelty, because I usually am invested in at least one character to continue watching. Am holding off backreading the thread for now as I am so far behind everyone else. Let's see if I do manage to catch up before the drama ends :nervous:

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

41 minutes ago, liddi said:

even if I don't like anyone yet

You're not the only one feeling so. I can say for most of us here that there isn't anyone we like in the drama as well. Even the kids!!... That's a new for me :laugh: Maybe, if there was a pet involved, I might like the pet...? 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Yay @liddi . Love what you wrote. Till today , I am not sure if there are any characters here that I can truly empathise with. I do feel a bit sorry for Hae Won since I think whatever that happened has lead her to make choices that are self-destructive - and if she was my sister or friend , I would try my best to pull her out of this abyss that she's in.

------------------

SPOILERS  for EPISODE 11

Hmm I think Lisa's friend's father took Ho Su to revenge against AHS. And Hae Won trying to get him to confess?

• Insightful 3

From Naver - SPOILERS FOR EPS 11

2021111718522481058_1.jpg

Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin) and Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young) took Ahn Ho-soo (Kim Dong-ha) to Jeong Hee-joo (Go Hyun-jung) .

On this day, Goo Hae-won said that she had brought Ahn Ho-su from Lee Il-sung (Seo Jin-won) and comforted her by saying, "It was hard even for only half a day. I know. The pain of losing a child." She continued, "I'm glad that the child is safe. I said I was going to help." Jung Hee-joo said, "Shut up" in anger.

Afterwards, Jung Hee-joo found an empty envelope in a house that said, "To Hee-joo." Jung Hee-joo asked Goo Hae-won about the envelope, and Jung Hee-joo immediately handed over the drawing, and Hae Won explained , "There was a picture in the luggage I received as a senior's belongings," adding, "I think it was roughly like this."

"When I saw that picture, I became curious. "Did we go together?" "Did we meet by chance?" "Who is the baby?" After I guessed, I tried to understand you two. You can't be like that because I liked you. What if my older sister dies before me? It made me sad just thinking about it. But now I think, "I'm so glad that my sister will die before me," speculating that Ahn Ho- soo is Seo Woo-jae's son.

Jung Hee-joo said, "It's absolutely not. Ho Su ? It's my husband's child. It's not that I went with Woo Jae, it's just a coincidence." She vehemently denied it.

• Insightful 2

Wahhhh AHS will confront Hee Joo over this picture

Spoiler

69483a2e-5f19-4a6e-b8b7-489bb3411331.jpg

Let me put a full SPOILER RECAP for EPS 11

bab8b92f-9d9e-4b07-aee7-d49387d1233c.jpg

When Ho Su disappeared earlier, Hee-joo, who was confused, asked Woo-jae about Hae-won's whereabouts. Woo-jae then promised to contact her after looking into it in detail, but Hee-joo said, “How can I trust you? How can I trust you?"

As expected by Hee-joo, Ho Su was with Hae-won. “What are you doing now? Do you know what's going on outside?" Woo Jae was angry and Hae-won said, "I couldn't stand it and that's why I  contacted you."

Haewon and Woo Jae  took Ho Su back to his parents , and Hae Won said, “Even though it was only half a day, it was very difficult, wasn’t it? I know,” she laughed. Hee-joo said, “You know? What do you know?”  But Haewon said, “I am glad that the child is safe. Like I  said I'd help."

When Hae-won explained that she was protecting the child from Joo-young and Bu Il-sung, Hyun-seong shouted, "Then, shouldn't you call the police or us in advance?"

However, Haewon had already delivered the news to the people of the Taerim family. To Hyun-seong, who was bewildered, Hae-won muttered, “Are you going to answer the phone like that?”

------------------------

7ffa229e-2d52-4e0e-884c-87d6369e173e.jpg

On the other hand, Hee-joo said she never went to Ireland with Woo-jae , and she said that Ho Su was not Woo-jae's blood, and Hae-won said, "It doesn't matter anymore. Because I can only see my sister's life ruined," she dismissed. 

Hee-joo said, "I've seen a lot of kids like you. People who have fallen into a sense of victimization and have ruined themselves. Poor people who frame others and threaten to be miserable together. you are the monster . Everyone will get bored and leave you. You are the one who will be lonely in pain, not me.”

Haewon said, "Seeing that you talk a lot, you seem anxious. Are my guesses correct?” she laughed.

---------------

Woo-jae asked Hae-won, “What did I do to you?” Hae-won did not give any answer.\

--------------

a7029a5b-c861-4925-a67c-783d239ac5ee.jpg

On this day, Hyun-seong, who was blinded by the two-shot of Hee-ju and Woo-jae, went to Hee-joo's studio and said, "Where have you been? Where did you go and who did you meet tonight?” he asked.

Hyunsung also shouted, “Tell me something!” and threw the picture at Heejoo. The photo in question contained Hee-ju, Woo-jae, and the happy appearance of Ho Su. To the astonished Hee-ju he said , "Tell me a lie. I can see even the slightest sincerity.” The image of Hyunseong, who writes evil, embroidered the end of the play, raising curiosity about the subsequent development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

so many things happened! 

Indeed... so many things happened in this episode. Seems like many things will happen in the next episode too. From the preview, there is Grandma swabbing Ho Su's saliva for DNA testing, flashback of Ireland days, WJ going to fly to Ireland on 2020/12/17. 

A lot to digest for this episode. More like I have feelings that are so wrong to have, but I did have them. So I'm going to sleep on it first. Anyway, I'm just glad that HS finally is confronting the issue with the photograph in hand. He seems to have an idea since long time ago, but refuse to face it or to believe it. Another thing that I'm glad to see is WJ voicing out his frustration on being sandwiched between the two women yet neither of them is willing to tell him what happened besides pushing him up against the wall. 

At this point, I'm hoping that Ho Su is indeed HS and HJ's child. Not sure how or if they marriage will continue to survive, but at least the little boy will still have a doting grandma on his side? Let WJ be the one feeling devastated that he's been lied to all those years by HJ that Ho Su is their love child. That way, HW will probably also feel relieved that WJ and HJ didn't have a child together? Although that doesn't mean they never slept together. But maybe it will lessen her feeling of anger for losing her child with WJ, yet WJ and HJ have a child. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

More like I have feelings that are so wrong to have, but I did have them.

OMG!! YESSSS!! I initially had thoughts of "Do you not understand you're already hurting your children" when HJ was crying by Hosu's bedside. When WJ, once again, failed to be a husband and yelled at HW for taking Hosu without knowing the whole story, I thought, "Ugh, I thought you were going to become everything for her now, what's with this attitude?" As WJ was asking HW why she's so twisted, I definitely shouted, "Because of you!". Then, when HJ was talking to HW about playing a victim, I thought, "Well, you're not entirely wrong there either." Lastly, the ending with HS looking at the photos, I was thinking, "It's not like you didn't know because it seems like you've asked him why he knew your wife before. But ok, continue to stay oblivious!" :lmao2::lmao2:

This was a pretty intense scene. :pandapopcorn:

ROY-16v2.gif

• Clapping Hands 2

HS is a man that has a lot of pride - actually JY's father pointed that out. I won't doubt his love for HeeJu but I think it is more than love. Because his mother had so opposed his marriage to Hee Ju , he cannot afford to let things crumble. He knows about the affair & his quite sharp, but he wants to keep up with the facade of a happy marriage. In that respect he and Hee Ju are no different. His mother brought them up to make sure to save face first. His sister is brought up the same way - she's highly educated and a doctor etc but she cannot bring herself to expose her husband's ill treatment and puts up with the abuse. 

I wonder when Woo Jae's memories will return. The faster it does , the better it is for all concerned as then no one will no longer be in the dark. Whatever you may feel for or against this characters, we know that right decisions can only be made when all parties understand where they went wrong. I hope Hae Won takes on the advice of the bar owner to let go. In her monologue even though she says she's gone too far, the fact that she's self aware means that she can still get a new lease of life and find happiness again. 

-------------

New stills

Toxic Double Date :laugh:

202111181548213193_d.jpg

• Clapping Hands 2

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

OMG!! YESSSS!! I initially had thoughts of "Do you not understand you're already hurting your children" when HJ was crying by Hosu's bedside. When WJ, once again, failed to be a husband and yelled at HW for taking Hosu without knowing the whole story, I thought, "Ugh, I thought you were going to become everything for her now, what's with this attitude?" As WJ was asking HW why she's so twisted, I definitely shouted, "Because of you!". Then, when HJ was talking to HW about playing a victim, I thought, "Well, you're not entirely wrong there either." Lastly, the ending with HS looking at the photos, I was thinking, "It's not like you didn't know because it seems like you've asked him why he knew your wife before. But ok, continue to stay oblivious!" 

Mine is worse that I don't even dare to say it out loud and share it here... :nervous:

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The faster it does , the better it is for all concerned as then no one will no longer be in the dark. Whatever you may feel for or against this characters, we know that right decisions can only be made when all parties understand where they went wrong.

I agree. Since HS is willing to close one eyes about what happened, they can still remain married. But HJ was just too scared to tell him the truth. They can keep on faking the marriage actually. Now it's up to HW whether or not to stop on this path of destruction. Of course with the condition that HJ is willing to own up to her mistakes and apologise sincerely. HJ and WJ owe HW and HS apologies. Only then all of them can continue their lives properly. However, since this is a drama, things won't be uneventful and won't go smoothly... 

HJ should really stop with her fake smiles. I can't stand it. 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

SPOILER RECAPS FOR eps 12

FEe3Ei_VIAoEavD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ahn Hyun-seong asked, "Have you been with Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young)? Are you going to meet again? Is that right?"

Jung Hee-joo thought about what she wanted to say and finally said what she had to say. Jung Hee-joo said, "I know what I did wrong, but I'm shameless. It was stupid. I did such a terrible thing. It's all my fault. Hae-won was circling around me and made you feel uneasy. Lisa and even Ho Su. It's all my fault. I screwed it all up," she said without any excuses.

When Ahn Hyun-seong asked the reason, Jeong Hee-joo said, "It was a mistake. There is no reason. I live by atonement for you and the children. I regret it. I regret it every day. I want to do anything if I can to turn it back. I know it's hard to forgive. I'll do what you tell me to do. If you can't stand me somehow, I'll leave."

Ahn Hyun-seong said, "If that's the case, I wouldn't have been looking for you like a madman. It's only you and our family who have won the battle for the rest of my life. I don't want to miss it. Don't disappear in front of my eyes again."
https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021111819222641699

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

continuation of SPOILER RECAPS FOR eps 12

Hee Ju seems to have all these men defending her ...even her brother, goodness. 

http://www.celuvmedia.com/article.php?aid=1637244772401741006

Jeong Seon-woo met Goo Hae-won (Shin Hyun-bin) and said, "I was poor from birth and my surroundings were similar, so I was quick to give up, but I am living as a person because I have an older sister."

He continued, “My sister never had anything she wanted before marriage. My only dream was to live in a house with a bathroom inside. But when I met my brother-in-law, it would have been confusing because it all happened in an instant. It doesn’t seem like it’s his place, and he must have been there for a while because he was lonely.”

Goo Hae-won said, "What are you doing?" Jeong Seon-woo said, "It's different now. Family is everything to my sister. She will never come and meet Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young).”

Hearing this, Goo Hae-won said, "What kind of blessing does  your sister seem to have ? From the younger brother who makes excuses for having an affair, and the man who says it's okay to eat with other men. But do I have to pretend I don't know and endure it? Really, why are you doing this to me?” and said, “It’s disgusting.”

Then Jeong Seon-woo said, "I will apologize on your behalf. I know I can't tell you how much betrayal you must have felt." He said, "My sister will never do that again."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1