Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

Just now, Rina said:

@abs-oluteM that’s why I am waiting for KJY next drama. WJ role depresses me.:nervous: 
I miss Sun Woo and Jun Hwi.

IKR...me too. Torturing my fan girl heart just watching him as Woo Jae. 

But I suppose this is good for his career to take on diverse roles. 

Loved what you wrote @ktcjdrama

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

hmmmm what sort of reversal??? 

Regarding Hee-joo's son Ho Su (Kim Dong-ha), who was born while living in Ireland with Woo-jae, Hyun-seong said, "Remember Lisa went to see you during vacation? But in the meantime, Ho Su was born…” he said. While it is not yet clear whether Ho Su's biological father is Woojae or Hyunseong, viewers' opinions are divided.

In addition, Sang-ho (Kim Sang-ho), the owner of the 'Bob Bar', a place where the main characters often meet, is not someone's 'informant', and what kind of event will be triggered by Hee-ju's sister-in-law, Min-seo (Jang Hye-jin), who has a very different appearance inside and outside the house? It is also arousing curiosity. Director Im Hyun-wook, the director, said, "The secrets that viewers are curious about will all be solved after several reversals."

• Shocked 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Pre-released...the scenes of Ireland are awakening some of his memories. 

According to this article , Woo Jae's memories have yet to return so when he kissed Hee Joo it was just really his subconscious that is drawn to her.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4488212

optimize

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Someone in mydramalist mentioned that the color red and green are complementary colors on the color wheel. That it's the basic that every design/art student will need to know....

Appreciate the production team using this kind of related detail to express the "opposite" and the "reflection" of our two main characters. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Yeah... Lisa saw that passionate kiss :nervous: and later she inflicted pain upon herself. I gasped and teared up watching her. It’s really sad. SW almost saw it too, if only he turned around a few seconds earlier. 

Well, to be fair, actually HJ did push WJ away after she kinda “came back to her senses” but it was a bit too late. She did respond to his kiss passionately too. 

From the preview, it seems that HS did witness HJ and WJ in a pub in Ireland. HW’s grandfather passed away and she finally got rid of that green coat by burning it. Looks like it’s going to get uglier from here on. 

All these heartaches could’ve been avoided if only HJ is willing to own up to the affair. But of course, too much is at stake and she wants to keep holding on to what she has. I still cannot like/pity her. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

The portrayal of Lisa after finding out about HJ's affair was hard to watch because of how accurate it is -- it's a sense of betrayal, confusion, and built up emotions you can't describe. That trauma follows you wherever you go and becomes a part of you as you grow up, it did to my little sister. She's 21 now and is still going through therapy because of my parents' divorce. 

27 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

All these heartaches could’ve been avoided if only HJ is willing to own up to the affair. But of course, too much is at stake and she wants to keep holding on to what she has. I still cannot like/pity her. 

Agreed. HJ's biggest fear is HS finding out about her affair but she goes and puts herself in the same situation again. Maybe the only sane person right now is her BFF, who was telling her how crazy she is. :laugh:

• Sad 4

Wow, this episode really is "Point of No Return"! Everything is intensifying now that HW has no attachment to the world.

I was hoping they would stop at Lisa but now that Hosu is missing, I really don't like that they are using the children for their revenge. 

• Sad 2

I can understand HW's deep grief for the passing of her grandpa, but to put the blame on WJ is a little too much. She herself didn't make sure that WJ understood and received her request well. 

HJ coming to the funeral is fine since she was invited by the Gallery Director, but for her to separately extend her sympathies to HW is a little too much too. It's really not necessary. She could just quietly come and quietly go. I have to had agree with HW that she has numerous chances to apologise/sympathise but she chose the moment when HW is in her most fragile state.

Urgh, the fakeness around that dinner table among the three women.

HW was perceptive in knowing that HS is not the most precious thing for HJ. He is just something she needs in her life. 

I like that now both HJ and WJ have separately asked HW pointedly what is it that she wants. It's still unfair for her to demand WJ to know what to do when he is still in the state of memory loss. But wait a minute, when she said they lost something precious when he left unannounced, was she referring to a baby? Did she have a miscarriage?

Love what the cafe/pub owner advice HW on about not wasting her life/time on something that will only end up to be nothing.

Btw, just sharing that at the end when HW told HJ not to force herself to apologise, the Chinese translation was that it is an apology with an agenda, meaning HJ only apologise because she wants Ho Su back, not because she is sincerely apologetic.

16 hours ago, Tofu said:

I was hoping they would stop at Lisa but now that Hosu is missing, I really don't like that they are using the children for their revenge.

Me too... 

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did Woo Jae take Ho Su since it could be his biological child ?

I am trying to match KJY’s long fingers …

We're playing detectives now, huh? Haha... My vote is, yes, WJ took HoSu.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama seem like Woo Jae took the kid but I wonder why? Like what is he trying to achieve doing that . I was surprised that WJ knew HS before the accident based on the note he sent him to meet in the Irish Pub. Hmm  the plot thickens, HS intentionally knocking WJ over? 

I just finished the episode . While can't say I sympathise with Woo Jae, I do understand why he went with that kiss - he is really trying to address these conflicting emotions within him. Sure what he did in the past was wrong but I think he is being cornered and can't possibly right the wrong. He cannot be remorseful of what he did , and he goes along with the wedding because he felt he owes Hae Won ( but yet he doesn't understand why he does not feel anything for her).

HW of course is too far gone to think rationally anymore. The thing about bitterness is like cancer - it will just eat you up without you knowing. It is clear that she intends for everyone to suffer but unfortunately, she is the one that suffers the most. In that respect, I feel bad & wish she could get some help to lift herself out of this. 

----------

Wedding BTS

• Clapping Hands 2

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was surprised that WJ knew HS before the accident based on the note he sent him to meet in the Irish Pub.

The way I understood it, the note is for HJ? But the hotel receptionist thought it is meant for HS because the husband n wife shared a room... I mean, WJ probably just informed the reception that the note is for guest of that room. 

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But what do you think of this @Tofu ? Did Woo Jae take Ho Su since it could be his biological child ?

Wow, people really be doing investigation work on this! I would not be surprised if it turns out to be WJ because he has a tendency to just show up in front of HJ and her family without warning. 

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can understand HW's deep grief for the passing of her grandpa, but to put the blame on WJ is a little too much. She herself didn't make sure that WJ understood and received her request well. 

I agreed. Neither were able to make it to the bus station. WJ also wasn't able to hear her either. If I was asking someone to do me a favor and I couldn't hear them, I would find a way to confirm that they understood my request before assuming that they got it. 

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I like that now both HJ and WJ have separately asked HW pointedly what is it that she wants. It's still unfair for her to demand WJ to know what to do when he is still in the state of memory loss. But wait a minute, when she said they lost something precious when he left unannounced, was she referring to a baby? Did she have a miscarriage?

Absolutely! It makes no sense to tell someone "figure it out" when they lost their memory. WJ is still trying to figure out himself in all of this. He doesn't even know what he did besides disappearing on HW so many years ago. 

That part was a little confusing to figure out because I think so many things can apply. I think because of how makjang everything has been, it could most likely refer to a miscarriage. Other possibilities can be her talking about how they lost time, her career (they were supposed to study abroad to further their careers), etc. 

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The way I understood it, the note is for HJ? But the hotel receptionist thought it is meant for HS because the husband n wife shared a room... I mean, WJ probably just informed the reception that the note is for guest of that room. 

I replayed that scene and got it now. His English was hard to distinguish the first time I watched it and there were no subtitles so I just assumed he was speaking in Irish. Haha! HS said, "I have a companion, she checked in yesterday....". The note from WJ was for HJ and it seems like it must have been well after HJ left Ireland with Hosu. 

• Like 2

Ok, I re-watched the preview for next week's episodes and I don't think WJ took Hosu. He was there when HS and HJ were crying about not being able to find Hosu. The Dracula seems a bit short and not skinny enough to be WJ. Haha! Maybe the person that took Hosu has something to do with HS's business ventures unrelated to HW/HJ/WJ? :thinking:

Posting this here because I think it's important for us to be the bar ahjussi to anyone who's also going through the same thing as HW.

• Clapping Hands 2

Our reminder that at some point, they did loved each other. 

ROY-13-T-SM.gif

WJ is obviously still drawn to HJ, but in episode 10, I don't know if I like knowing that he's going to continue to stay with her because of what HJ said (she told WJ that HW will die if she loses him). 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I guess this page is starting to become Woojae and Heejoo are the least culpable character in the series.  Wow, just seriously?!?!?!?

Everyone here is just so ready to try and "underhandedly" defend Woojae on the slightest nudge by HW.  Can she not say those words of blame when she is in the middle of her fear, confusion and grief at the hospital?  So, HW in the midst of her confusion should think logically and blame herself that she wasn't clear in her instruction to WJ?  She should watch her mouth and not say anything to a forever sullen and lost-looking WJ, coz it would hurt him and make it more confusing for him? Just because Woojae looks so sad and "lost", then he is less to blame for his past and current actions?  

So, Haewon is the crux of evil coz she cannot move on and leave Woojae and Heejoo alone?  The same people who blindsided her and just left her hanging to blame herself and whatever else she endured.  She found out about the whole betrayal in what I am assuming just a year - so if she wants revenge on them by wanting for them to feel the same pain as hers, is that not allowed within the timeline of her awareness of the betrayal?  Yes, it was old acts of betrayal, as it was years ago, but it is still considered as acute betrayal coz the knowledge of it was just recent.  So yeah, kinda understand why she is still in the middle of the stages -Anger.  It would be a herculean task to let go of the bitterness in her heart, if you've only had a short time to put together the pieces and process all the years wasted. 

As for what HW wants from them, she already told both HJ and WJ.  She wants HJ to feel the same pain, and WJ to be held down and pine forever.  If if I were WJ and did all these cowardly and conscious acts of hurt and destruction to others, and my punishment is to figure it out, then WJ has it easy. 

Edited by akikisetsu
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@akikisetsu I'm not sure if you're talking about us or about people watching this show in general?

If you were referring to the things we've discussed here, I can firmly say that none of us think HW should let things go or that HJ/WJ should be defended. I think it's important for us to express our thoughts on what we think is right or wrong for all the characters including HW, who I feel for the most.

On social media, I've seen people defend HJ and WJ and it has always riled me up (poor @abs-oluteM who has had to listen to me vent about it every time, haha!) because no one's actions can be justified. They have all shown that they have hidden agendas and no one is willing to own up to their behaviors. I still stand by what I said before, HJ is slightly more horrible than the rest. She's pretty shameless about the things she's destroyed, basically three lives so far (HW, WJ, and Lisa). 

I apologize if my comments (previously and in the future) upsets anyone. I believe it's important to discuss all the goods and bads. Just because I sympathize more with one character doesn't mean they are free from criticism. And also, just because I haven't pointed out the horrible things some characters continue to do doesn't mean I see them as better people now. With this drama, I've come to realized that there's no point in figuring out who is more or less evil. At the end of the day, they are still shitty people who use each other for their own gains (rather that be physical, emotional, or mental). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
22 hours ago, Tofu said:

@akikisetsu I'm not sure if you're talking about us or about people watching this show in general?

If you were referring to the things we've discussed here, I can firmly say that none of us think HW should let things go or that HJ/WJ should be defended. I think it's important for us to express our thoughts on what we think is right or wrong for all the characters including HW, who I feel for the most.

Just got surprised when I read the current entries, as there seems to be an overwhelming consideration for WJ here.  Personally, I just don't get it.  It just comes across as wanting to lessen guilt of HJ and WJ compared to HW, so nitpicking on HW's conversation and action to WJ when they seemed straightforward and in context with time and typical human reaction.  

• Like 2