Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

56 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my …as expected, so he cheated on Hae Won as they were about to get married

Yes, it was another good episode. The mystery now is, who is the Hannah who checked him out of the hospital and brought him back to Korea, when around this same time, Hae Won is in Korea “stalking” Hee Joo and family. 

If we were to draw the timeline back, Hee Joo had this affair as a married woman. I remembered the ladies met when she was taking care of her young child. So it could also be that the husband found out and try to get rid of him by sending him overseas? Hae Won doesn’t seem to know about what her husband is doing. 

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdramado you think Woo Jae tried killing himself ? Or Hee joo attempted to kill him? 

See this. I didn't realise they were married. 

Bigger in the spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

FBqxLkRVQAosnal?format=jpg&name=large

Character chart

• Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdramado you think Woo Jae tried killing himself ?

Because of a body being dumped at the beginning of first episode, I am more inclined to think he was harmed. Most probably by Hee Joo who didn’t want her life disrupted. Maybe he’s gotten too obsessed with her and she’s had enough of him. Then husband found out and rescued Woo Jae and sent him for treatment overseas. Because he is a kind person? Because he wants to protect Hee Joo? Hae Won then found out later what happened to Woo Jae and that’s why she went on revenge mode. ~ all pure speculation from me. 

Interesting though, why the director of the gallery is surprised to find out Woo Jae’s sculptures are with her. Is their marriage not known to other people? Because Hee Joo’s husband also was surprised to hear Woo Jae has a family. 

• Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am so curious about the choice of red and green for each of the FL

Red and green are complementary colors, so maybe using it is the drama's way of saying reflection of you:lmao2:

Spoiler

BSBKESS.jpg

I don't think the body dump is in the past, I think it's in the future. They show her cleaning up blood in her art studio and in that clip, the painting of her family was completed, but throughout the two episodes, it shows the painting as incomplete. 

Spoiler

9A2SaUC.png

Igzkzdj.png

In terms of timeline, "Hannah" and HJ first met before HJ had her son. In episode 2, she mentioned that her son was going to kindergarten, which makes him around 4-5 years old -- does that mean that many years have passed since they've seen each other? WJ was admitted to the Ireland hospital on March 18th, 2018 and the marriage certificate says September 19th, 2013.

HJ and WJ must have had an affair because in the preview for next week's episodes, the hand grabbing -- I'm suspecting are between the two of them. If the translation is correct, HW says that "he" ruined me, meaning WJ, right? She married him and found out that he was cheating on her with HJ? I'm curious to know what "that incident" was that both of them do not want to openly talk about. 

The exhibit that's going to be on display at the same time as HJ's, it seems like it'll be WJ's exhibit. He was a sculptor so I'm assuming those statues are his.

If this drama goes full on makjang, Hannah and HW are twins so that's why they can be in two places as once. And HJ's son is the love child between her and WJ. :lmao2:

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

If this drama goes full on makjang, Hannah and HW are twins so that's why they can be in two places as once. And HJ's son is the love child between her and WJ. 

I was thinking along the same line regarding twins. But didn't think about that child being a love child. Whoa, Grandmama is going to be so pissed if that is so... :lmao2:

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

The drama is going to slow for me. Maybe because all I want to see is KYJ :laugh:

I felt bad for “Hannah/HW she obviously dealing with mental issues and I think people misunderstood her. she doesn’t try to clear up other’s people perspective. She even admitted she is suicidal.  She is definitely broken. 

right now I think Hee Joo is two faced or living in her own bubble.

I think the body dump is either past or future.

Maybe HJ got rid of HW, nobody likes to be reminded of the past they want to forget.  Or

Possibly  woo Jae, that how he ended up in hospital.  

Just predicting Woo Jae and HW marriage fell apart and HJ had something to do with it.  HJ hubby found out so he keeps tabs on woo Jae.  HW is back for revenge.  and yes I think the boy is a birth secret.

I really hope episodes 3 grabs my interest…..

• Haha 3

On 10/14/2021 at 9:49 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Because of a body being dumped at the beginning of first episode, I am more inclined to think he was harmed. Most probably by Hee Joo who didn’t want her life disrupted. Maybe he’s gotten too obsessed with her and she’s had enough of him. Then husband found out and rescued Woo Jae and sent him for treatment overseas. Because he is a kind person? Because he wants to protect Hee Joo? Hae Won then found out later what happened to Woo Jae and that’s why she went on revenge mode. ~ all pure speculation from me. 

Interesting though, why the director of the gallery is surprised to find out Woo Jae’s sculptures are with her. Is their marriage not known to other people? Because Hee Joo’s husband also was surprised to hear Woo Jae has a family. 

I'm usually not into this type of drama, but wanted to give ROY a watch for Shin Hyun Been, and it was an interesting watch.  Personally, I did like the way that they set-up the premises and mysteries.  And maybe I am a biased viewer, but theorising about the possible background, I kinda understand why Hae Won deserves the revenge that she is exacting.  As of now, these are fun speculations:

Hae Won-  I am actually hoping that she lost her light not just coz of Woo Jae, but something more.  Two possibilities that I can think off with regards to the arm injury:  Her arm injury could possibly be related to the HJ/WJ incident OR the it was a result of her suicide attempts.  The arm injury could be extensive enough that it hindered her Art.  If she lost both her fiancee, physical injury, and community standing (in her convo she mentioned that she was unable to graduate to her original university coz of what happened).... then her revenge makes sense to me. 

Cafe conversation with HJ and HW - I was with Hae Won when she mentioned Lisa's treatment of her friend, just the entitlement and disrespect for others is infuriating.  It just seeps through MIL, Husband (?), kids and glimpses of it with HJ.  

Woo Jae- I read a character description where he is basically living in the shadows of his famous sculptor father.  And looking at that ep. 2 ending, it already seems he already fell out of love with Hae Won and might have been interested with Hee Joo by then.  I think HJ reciprocates his interest, and as the age of the "bratty" son is a suspect, hence there might be something there. 

Edited by akikisetsu
  • Clapping Hands 3

@abs-oluteM Why didn't they provide English subs? I would like to know what he's saying. :letalQQ:

Because I watched HCCC (kind of, I'm behind) and The Veil, I wished this drama doesn't wait too long to disclose what the mystery is. They did that with the male lead's background in HCCC and it got to the point where I got tired of trying to figure it out that I didn't care anymore. For The Veil, there were sooooo many possibilities that it got really confusing. Please just be simple, Reflection of You. :yoongibtspls:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu now you no need to finish HCCC :idk:

But anyhow , I hope the plot here won't get to convoluted as well. I can still follow The Veil but I can understand that it is getting rather complicated. 

New stills

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 10/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, Tofu said:

And HJ's son is the love child between her and WJ. 

This drama seems to be going full makjang, in a classy way... Yes, it is implied that little boy Ho-Su is the son between HJ and WJ. They seemed to have lived together for a while away in some kind of secluded mountain before HJ decided to leave WJ.

Still a big mystery as to what actually happened. But I like that we're given pieces of new revelation that keep us viewers engaged and interested. Unlike some dramas that choose to go round-and-round with twists and turns that we become tired of watching. 

Tbh, I don't like both the female characters. Not sure which one I dislike more. Both are shady, and scary... 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

bh, I don't like both the female characters. Not sure which one I dislike more. Both are shady, and scary... 

IKR I feel no sympathy to either one. I am just curious to see how it all unfolds. 

I scrubbed through the eps to see some of KJY's cuts, and I saw the mountain bit where he didn't want to let her leave with the baby. So I am sure it implies the baby is his. 

Tomorrow I will watch fully. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm so strangely invested in this drama and I have no idea why. :lmao2:

I have a long day at work today but excited to see this when I get home later tonight. 

49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Unlike some dramas that choose to go round-and-round with twists and turns that we become tired of watching. 

I wonder what drama you're talking about? :thinking::laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm getting curious with how the story will unfold, as we get bits and pieces. I do wonder if Woojae-Heejoo relationship came first, and when that fell apart, Woojae "used" Haewon in the process of wanting HJ to be jealous or he just doesn't care whomever he is with.  But if that is the case, timeline doesn't seem to align.  

Episode 3 highlighted how bratty Heejoo's kids are, and somehow Heejoo's skewed views as well.  I mean Haewon brought it upon herself coz she introduced Woojae to her? :thinking:

• Insightful 3
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I wonder what drama you're talking about? 

Spoiler

Mouse, The Veil aka Black Sun

12 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

I do wonder if Woojae-Heejoo relationship came first, and when that fell apart, Woojae "used" Haewon in the process of wanting HJ to be jealous or he just doesn't care whomever he is with.  But if that is the case, timeline doesn't seem to align.  

Only one thing we know for certain for now, ie. WJ-HW got married in 2013, 8 years ago. We don’t know how old the little boy is, but I am guessing younger than 8 yo. So most probably with HW first, then with HJ. That’s probably why HW is so angry. Wonder if she knows about the love child or not. 

16 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

Episode 3 highlighted how bratty Heejoo's kids are, and somehow Heejoo's skewed views as well.  I mean Haewon brought it upon herself coz she introduced Woojae to her? 

The brats are one of the things that irritates me about HJ. I mean, what kind of a mother has she been that she has no control/authority at all over any of her children? Both of them have no respect nor regard of her at all. And she just let them be, with a smile. Never was angry nor scold them. Trying to be the understanding and loving mother, yet totally failing. Then her relationship with the in-laws. So fake. Makes me wonder about her relationship with the husband. 

And yes, how could she think it was HW’s fault for introducing WJ into her life.... 🙄

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mouse, The Veil aka Black Sun

Only one thing we know for certain for now, ie. WJ-HW got married in 2013, 8 years ago. We don’t know how old the little boy is, but I am guessing younger than 8 yo. So most probably with HW first, then with HJ. That’s probably why HW is so angry. Wonder if she knows about the love child or not. 

That was also my first thought, WJ and HW were in a relationship, but seems WJ fell in love with HJ along the way.  Just that WJ and HW's interaction from flashbacks are too platonic, but then again if theirs is a long-term one could be.  Anyways, it stills smells like betrayal and/or used by both and discarded as trash, which can really make one seek revenge especially if those who hurt her were never apologetic and even living well.  

Also, Shin Dong Wook's Sun Woo is also an interesting character, as unlike his sister he seems able to "feel" remorse.  And, him and HW are just so broken.  HJ can be at times pitiful, but somehow I don't think she is and will be broken anytime soon, she gives gives me that impression.  

• Insightful 3
16 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

WJ and HW were in a relationship, but seems WJ fell in love with HJ along the way.  Just that WJ and HW's interaction from flashbacks are too platonic, but then again if theirs is a long-term one could be. 

I think WJ never really love HW. It's probably a one-sided thing from HW, who is persistent to get married, and WJ just agree to marry her for whatever reasons we will find out later....?

18 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

Also, Shin Dong Wook's Sun Woo is also an interesting character, as unlike his sister he seems able to "feel" remorse.  And, him and HW are just so broken.

Yes, I like his character. So far the normal one in the story, haha.... He seems to have gone through some trauma as well, and being withhold by guilt. Wonder what happened to his best friend. He seems quite uncomfortable at the kind gestures from the friend's mother. 

19 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

HJ can be at times pitiful, but somehow I don't think she is and will be broken anytime soon, she gives gives me that impression.

At the very beginning, I find her pitiful as well. But now I think she is quite selfish, and pretentious person. Just the way she talks, and smiles, to other people. Go Hyun Jung interprets this character really well. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Maybe WJ and HJ were only interested in each other when WJ and HW got married and the relationship did not start until after? You know, what I don't understand is HW (based on the subs) referred to WJ as a close friend from school when she told HJ that she couldn't make it to their art lesson. Did WJ and HW get married because of something else?

Haha, good to know the drama is going full makjang with the birth secret! The mother-in-law is going to be so upset when she finds out that her grandson is not fathered by her son. Haha!

The ending is kind of interesting because how was HJ and WJ able to be in a remote area like that without drawing suspicion from their partners? It seems a bit strange that the mother-in-law would let HJ go off somewhere when she's pregnant with a baby boy. 

I was telling @katakwasabi that every character is unlikable even the kids. If there's one character that's (at this point) likeable, it's Shin Dong Wook's character. I am curious to find out how his best friend died because it seem like he might have been involved in it. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

HW (based on the subs) referred to WJ as a close friend from school when she told HJ that she couldn't make it to their art lesson.

I can't check the subs in Netflix now, but in the Chinese subs, she said a close senior (a sunbae who is close to her). She was also using his studio to do her art. So far, we haven't been shown her interaction with him, except for that short pre-wed photo session, but even that, we see more of the interaction between WJ and HJ. 

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Oh she meets the hubs

dyhero21320211021183056_O_00_C_1.jpg

And also the plus 19 scenes are for tonight 

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021102135734

On the other hand, the 4th episode of 'People who look like you' is specially organized as 'Anyone over 19' for the sake of the drama's completeness. On this day's broadcast, the main character Hee-joo and her husband Hyun-seong's love scene are contained. The love scene of two actors, Go Hyun-jung and Choi Won-young, is expected to capture the image of a couple who deeply want each other even after a long marriage, and it will be produced as a beautiful scene of trust and love.

• Like 2