Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

59 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And goodness...Woo Jae seems to still have feelings for Hee Joo...rolls my eyes.

Of course he does... he loves her so much! Gah, I feel so conflicted. I want to root for their love because it seems so poignant but I can’t bring myself to do so because of what and how it happened. It’s probably good that they made HJ such an unlikable person, otherwise I would go rooting for a forbidden relationship yet again, LOL... If only HJ is more honest with her feelings and decisive with what exactly she wants. This applies for WJ and HW as well. I hate seeing how they’re still going around the crux of the matter so cryptically. Someone please just spell it out and address the problem already...!! Man, this show is so frustrating for the mental health and mind, yet it’s so addictive that I cannot pull myself out. I feel bad for everybody. 

Totally agree with your tweet above @abs-oluteM 😅😆

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I kept forgetting to share a speculation of the injured hands/arms of WJ and HW. If you notice, HW is hurt on her left hand, while WJ is hurt on his right shoulder. I just wonder if those injuries are related, like if you imagine them standing face to face, then it's just right, left hand to right shoulder. I wonder if maybe they had a too intense argument/fight that caused those injuries.

Now I wonder too... Could it be that we actually misunderstood HJ in this love triangle? That she actually had chosen to leave S.Korea, to leave WJ and HW, went to Ireland, but WJ still came looking for her? Seems like she was quite shocked to see him at the heath flower field when Lisa was visiting her. 

• Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Now I wonder too... Could it be that we actually misunderstood HJ in this love triangle? That she actually had chosen to leave S.Korea, to leave WJ and HW, went to Ireland, but WJ still came looking for her? Seems like she was quite shocked to see him at the heath flower field when Lisa was visiting her. 

It seems that way that she had tried to leave it all behind but he went after her. And I suppose her heart swayed. I am not sure what to think of Hee Ju. She's a character that perhaps I should have pity on given that she's actually not quite in control of everything and  she's also putting this front to look like she's made it. At the same time though, she's not won me to her side.

Hae Won - I feel some form of pity as an outsider looking in because she is the "victim" here. But then she keeps doing these things that are destructive not only to herself but to the younger girls too. I can understand her desire to get back at HJ , but she's also leaving wrong impressions on Lisa and her bestie.  She tell Lisa's bestie about needing to be sly to get what they want - things like that isn't something I believe the old Hae Won would have done. HW is filled with bitterness that it is eating her up. Even if WJ doesn't go back to HJ , her insecurities will kill their relationship sooner or later. 

This drama can be a little depressing what with all these secrets & selfish agenda that everyone has. Even therapist brother is supposedly a " murderer". But it is addictive - it isn't your typical kdrama and the storytelling is good backed with a strong cast. 

And one more thing -  does KJY have to play such a character?  :pandasadspoon:All his last 3 dramas (except for Dear My Room), he was always so conflicted emotionally. I suppose it is good for his career to take on such serious roles but my fan girl heart is crying. That bed scene definitely hotter than that touted +19 scene between the older couple . LOL . But it would have been nice if it was between two people who truly loved each other. WJ is just feeling bad (and still confused ), so he stays. HW is obsessed - can't really say this is love anymore. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Because I grew up with parents who went through similar issues (infidelity), the thought of their love (WJ and HJ) being genuine is something that grosses me out. Not because being in love with someone other than the person you're married to is gross, but the act of how they went about it -- continued to keep it a secret and pretended to their partners like everything was ok. 

If we learn later on that WJ did not really lose his memories, I think I'm going to dislike his character more. Can you even call yourself a human being after disappearing on a person, coming back into their life as if nothing happened, and then hold conversations with them about why they reported you missing all those years ago while knowing you have all your memories?! That is greed on a whole other level I dare not want to process through. 

HW is way too obsessed with wanting to make WJ hers. It's like she's trying to settle a score with HJ or something. But I understand, she's so damaged and broken at this point. She is basically a dead person who's still breathing. 

HJ has the most to lose out of everyone. I hope she loses it all -- maybe Lisa will be behind her downfall. Haha! 

HS choose to remain oblivious to all the things HJ is doing and equally take it out on HW. When he finds out about his son, will he continue to stay this way? 

I don't know how I am going to continue watching this once Dal-Li ends next week (the two paired together is keeping me sane). I feel like with every episode, I want to pull my hair out because of how much greed each character has. :jiminbtssigh:

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

That bed scene definitely hotter than that touted +19 scene between the older couple . LOL .

LOL... was going to say the same thing...

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

HS choose to remain oblivious to all the things HJ is doing and equally take it out on HW.

I actually think he really doesn't know what HJ been doing behind his back.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I don't know how I am going to continue watching this once Dal-Li ends next week (the two paired together is keeping me sane).

I feel you. Watching Dali is like balancing out all the frustration that I felt watching RoY. I'm kinda afraid I will grow tired of these people not addressing the main issue among them, urgh... O, we still have yet to know the backstory of cafe/pub owner.

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

O, we still have yet to know the backstory of cafe/pub owner.

That and Sun Woo's backstory too. He was accused of being a murderer and was that lady implying that she told him he shouldn't love anyone? 

I'm also curious about WJ's dad and what kind of traumatic events happened there. 

Can we have one good person, please? :laugh:

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

That and Sun Woo's backstory too. He was accused of being a murderer and was that lady implying that she told him he shouldn't love anyone? 

I'm also curious about WJ's dad and what kind of traumatic events happened there. 

Can we have one good person, please? :laugh:

Yes please!! 

I love Sun Woo... It's sad that the mother of his friend is holding him guilty for the death of his son and punishing him that he is not worthy of anyone's love. I even dare to bet he didn't really kill him, nor directly cause his death. It's just that he is too kind a person to deny those charges by the mother.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama Or since he's a doctor, she feels he should have saved him. So many possibilities there but if he did murder his friend...

Spoiler

That means that both siblings are murderers because I made @stroppyse read the article and tell me who dies. She said that the older woman killed the younger woman, meaning the body is HW's at the beginning of episode one.

• Insightful 3
44 minutes ago, Tofu said:

So many possibilities there but if he did murder his friend...

If he murdered the friend, the mother would’ve reported him to the police already. The fact that she didn’t means she has nothing concrete on him to punish him by law. She even had him come to her house and pray, served him food, means that she is only holding him responsible using guilt. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama @Tofu The murderer bit is probably not literal...she's just sending him on a guilt trip? But who knows ...this is one crazy drama with not one normal person. :poliWeird:

I thought how ironic that I have always wanted to see KJY get married in his dramas...LOL

New stills...

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Random thought, but did anyone else thought WJ was shaking the baby way too much when it flashback to their times in Ireland? :laugh:

I'm now just getting to watching this episode but so far....my thoughts have been this about everyone = :niu:

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Random thought, but did anyone else thought WJ was shaking the baby way too much when it flashback to their times in Ireland?

Me!! Shaking too much and wrong way also... baby wasn't even crying... Apparently none on filming site is experienced with babies :laugh: Reminded me of the supposed bed scene in It's Okay to Not Be Okay. The strewn clothes were too nicely laid out for a passionate night, taking-clothes-off-as-they-kiss-their-way-to-bed kind. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

23 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Me!! Shaking too much and wrong way also... apparently none on filming site is experienced with babies

Maybe they were trying to show the mistakes a first time dad does? :laugh:

I finished episode 8 and well, everyone is still bad. No surprises there. Haha! I feel like we shouldn't sleep on HS because he's a bit conning with how he handled the building eviction. HS purposely got injured so they could sue Lisa's friend's dad. The dad is poor so he'll most likely settle which means HS will get everything he wants in the end. 

I thought it was interesting that HJ said her hell is not being able to trust the person who she should be able to the most (she was referring to HS) when she cheated on him and had another man's child. 

The exchange between all of them (HS, HJ, WJ, HW, and HS's mom) almost aired everyone's dirty laundry but HW was stopped by WJ's sudden appearance. I'm hoping they do not wait until the end to expose all the secrets. 

Going back to WJ, he should make his decision and let HW know or rather, he's already made his decision so he needs to let HW know. He's probably with her because he feels guilty but it's not doing anyone any good. When HW was slapped by HJ, he didn't even ask if she was ok. He apologized to everyone and told her she was in the wrong for yelling/getting upset. That's not someone you want standing by your side, HW! 

• Clapping Hands 3

OST#4 - I Am Lost

The lyrics

Spoiler

Old scent, Stranger, My heart is saying hello

No where to hide, The shattered heart

It’s screeching out again
Save me from this ache
Whenever I see you

Maybe, No way, I don’t want to follow

Hold back, My heart, The shattered heart

It’s screeching out again

And it’s like crashing waves

Let it burn

And I run away from everything
But I’m drawn by something old

I don’t know
How I’m here
I am lost

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

The characters here are entangled in such an ill-fated way but I wonder if I can really blame fate or the person's conscious choice?  Everyone in this drama is trying to protect themselves, hiding their mistakes and advancing their own agenda ( be it morally acceptable or not) ..even the husband. He was pretty sneaky with that whole development thing. 

Though I mentioned that I did feel sorry for HaeWon at first, after eps 8, I am not sure if I still can. She's not here because she really wants Woo Jae back; feels more like she wants to make sure that  Hee Ju doesn't get him. She's just trying to prove that she was wronged. In inviting Hee Ju to the wedding , she is opening doors for temptation to take place. And part of me thinks she wants it to happen. In this destructive path , she isn't bothered about the collateral damage that she has incurred. I can understand her wanting to get back at Hee Ju , but using Lisa and especially her friend is wrong.   This woman needs psychiatric help. 

And Hee Ju. She's been selfish from the start - she puts up with her awful MIL and is two-faced in front of her husband because ultimately she wants to realise her own personal ambition of having an art gallery. Her insecurities of her  poorer upbringing ( constantly reminded by her MIL) , meant that she was looking for  validation be it through her work or her seemingly perfect life. While there are plenty of reasons why people cheat, low self-esteem is a factor. Not defending her by the way. I don't feel sorry for her because she could have chosen to walk away many times even if WooJae persisted. Like that kiss at the end , she could just slap him and not kiss back. 

Woo Jae - gosh where do I even start? While I understand that feelings cannot be helped sometimes , both times before and after his amnesia he was well aware that Hee Ju has plenty to lose and she will not leave her cushy life for him. I think he feels that he owes Hae Won something, so that's why he stays on and agrees to this crazy wedding. And of course he's still so confused about everything but my god, he needs to grow a spine and walk away if HW can't. 

On a lighter note - it is ironic that my oppa KJY here has so many hot scenes but I can't squeal over them. LOL

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Rewatching bits and pieces of ep.8 makes me wonder if the kiss is just an imagination... If you look at the preview, there's a scene of WJ running after HJ wearing red, and there is another woman there, whom we don't get to see the face, but from the hair, she might be HJ? It could also be HJ thinking back about what happened though... because in the preview, they seem to be talking at the staircase, about not needing to hide... But then later in the preview also, HJ asked WJ if his memory is back... I can't wait for ep.9!! Anyway, let's talk about the characters first

HW ~ I had been wondering why she couldn't take WJ live elsewhere far away instead of inserting themselves in HJ's life. But ep.8 made it clear for me now that her main goal is to take revenge. Bringing literally everyone down if needed to. Just that a tiny bit of her is still longing for true love from WJ. If WJ didn't lose his memory, came back and apologised to her, would she have stopped on her destructive path and given up on revenge? She shared with the pub owner how she was the one being blamed for what happened in her life. So is it apologies that she is looking for? Still, for her to use the teenagers is rather low. My heart hurts seeing what Lisa is going through because of the adults - being hit, realising that her mother might have cheated on her father, seeing the picture on her friend's phone that made her hysterical. Back to HW, I think she doesn't care anymore what will be lost in her path for revenge. She has tried to end her life before, so she doesn't value anything anymore in her life. She is like a "dead" person, alive only to exact revenge. It's sad because her whole life is hinged on a man. It's wrong too, because she could've have made something great in her life despite those two. People have said, the best revenge is to live happier and better than those people, and I agree with that. She does need professional help because the hatred is just eating her up. It's really sad. I want to root for her, yet I can't. I want to be mad at her, yet I can't. 

HJ ~ She is a greedy selfish person. That's my take on her. Her daughter is missing and she is more worried about that sketchbook that could give away her secrets. She has never once shown real concern for her husband, daughter, and son. Sorry to say that she has never shown real concern for WJ too. Yes, she has feelings for him, but I see it more as a one-sided love and devotion from WJ that she responded. The guy took really good care of her, why decline? He took care of house chores, their baby, and even helped her with her course work. He even let her take his spot in the study program. Yet at the end of the day, she left him ungraciously. It does seem that she had no choice to leave him, because she was crying as she drove away. I'm not sure what "forced" her to leave him, but I think she was given an ultimatum, most probably by her MIL, come back or get lost forever. It's not just that she hated the life isolated and away from luxuries. Whatever it is, she clearly hold other things more dearly than WJ. The guy is just a fool thinking there could be more out of their relationship. Get her to divorce if you really want to be together! The big problem is they have Hosu. Now it's still a mystery who is the real father of Hosu. Only HJ knows. I won't be surprised if she lied to WJ that Hosu is their child when he is actually conceived with her husband. Her husband thinks Hosu is theirs, so at around that point of time, she clearly slept with both men. 

WJ ~ I'm going to say that he is the main agent why all this drama is happening. He knew HJ is a married woman, yet he complimented her, he pursued her. It seems that HJ was uncomfortable with his attention at first, but who can resist a younger handsome guy who has eyes only for you? She was rather reluctant at first, but most probably just because she knows it's wrong as she is married. Throughout the flashback shown, we see that it was always WJ going after HJ. He also did not give any explanation to HW and just disappeared. Gosh, give her a divorce first before you walk out and go pursue another woman! Yes, I fault WJ the most. He was blinded by love and passion that he couldn't think of the proper way to do things. Two divorces are in line if he actually want to start having his happy life with the woman he loves. His love for HJ is so deep and strong that the heart remembers even though the brain doesn't. The big question is, does she feel the same  for him? 

I hope we get to see more of HW in the past. I really want to know why the betrayal of these two people changed her so drastically. Can someone at least find happiness at the end of the drama? I haven't seen one happy person in this, lol... It's mentioned that the ending will deviate from the novel. Could this be a healing drama, or full melo? Was it ever mentioned? I can't help but compare with the other work of the screenwriter, Just Between Lovers. 

Random: Do any of you know that GHJ is already 50 yo?

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama So many dramas, so little time! :laugh: 8 episodes aired already? Thank you for the recommendation... will give it a try after I've untangled my mind in espionage land :nervous:  

• Haha 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros