Reflection of You / Person Who Looks Like You 너를 닮은 사람 [2021]

abs-oluteM

19 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This was something I had been hoping for from the start - that instead of letting one man ruin their lives , they could both rise up from this and stuff him somewhere far away. But with 3 episodes left , is that even possible?

@abs-oluteM I really wish we would see it. Though I then think of the bag JHJ disposed of, and I am afraid that in the end, GHW is the one who does not survive. Still, I think of what JHJ said then "To me, hell is watching my loved one die for me. So I'm not in hell yet." At this juncture, the narrative seems to be veering towards JHJ being fought over by the two men, and GHW becoming more of an afterthought. If so, and SWJ still survives Ep14, could it be that JHJ ends up killing her jealous husband or lover?

Incidentally, the photo of nasty lawyer LHG suddenly makes me think that he's the one we see in the preview, falling off the ledge (blue coat). Certainly her attire is the same and the colour of his outfit matches. Yay?

Teared up when GHW was reading the book to Hosu - the mention of grandfather's empty chair, and the heart placed in the bottle when the pain became too much. Her fervent apologies to little Hosu indicative that she is not as unaffected as she makes herself out to be. Can we hope that she is slowly but surely moving towards the light at the end of the tunnel? 

Edited by liddi
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

@liddi I am halfway watching eps 13 , I too felt so sad when Hae Won read that story to HoSu. But this writer, if I think about it has this an interesting sense of humor. Hee Ju was so pleased that her son drew the heart in a jar only to find out it was Hae Won who told him the story. That was like getting slapped in the face. Hee Ju has always shown that she was self-centered and selfish . But today when she broke the vase at the art gallery and rubbed salt into Hae Won's wound about Ho Su not being Woo Jae's kid, I felt she was on another level of nastiness. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Spoiler Alert for Ep 14

d3c2c836-086b-4ac6-98ce-05576554c904.jpg

c75c3f4d-26e9-42ed-8cb2-d41a65deea94.jpg

On this day, Hyung-ki (Hong Seo-joon) wanted to use the  relationship with Hee-joo and Woo-jae, saying, "It would be difficult if your mother-in-law knew that the two of you were still strong, right? In the future, everything will be discussed with me,” he threatened Hee-joo. Hee-joo said, "I don't care what my mother sees. Ho Su's father is on my side. Who will your mother choose as the  successor, Ho Su's father or you ? Wake up from your dreams,” she dismissed.

In her anger, she said, “Why? Will you hit me too? On the subject of cowardly making fists because there is nothing to win against your brother in law. Do you think it is  because he is afraid? Do you think that a smart person would live without any evidence? Don't get me wrong. Your brother-in-law is stronger than you. He's not just full of greed like you, he's someone who wants to protect his son."

Then, Lee Hyung-ki said, "Why did Ho-su's father take his wife's boyfriend so seriously?" He presented evidence that the rental car was repaired in the name of Hyun-seong Ahn on the day of the Seo Woo-jae accident.

Hee-joo,  who was trying to steal the cell phone, threatened Lee Hyung-gi, saying, "I think it's scary that Hyun-seong Ahn collapses. Please tell me what evidence your mother has." While arguing, Lee Hyeong-gi bumped into a railing and fell down the stairs of the building.

Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young), who appeared just in time, reported it to the police instead, and went out as an accident witness. Woo-jae,  fabricated the case, Jeong Hee-joo said, "There was no reason to hide it. If brother in law wakes up anyway, he will know I was with you, so what are you lying about?"

Seo Woo-jae said, "The lawyer went up to the dangerous building being demolished. He was the one who stumbled and fell. Where is the lie here?"

When Jeong Hee-joo cried, "No, I could have caught him ," Seo Woo-jae said, "I would have pushed him anyway. I won't let anyone who touches you stand still."

Continuation of spoiler for eps 14

f82cd8da-c431-4e5f-930a-4fc8a6bba3ed.jpg

Goo Hae-won complained to Seo Woo-jae, who handed the divorce papers, "You're the one who did the wrong thing. Why are you bringing these things to me? Even if you break up with me, you and Hee-Joo Jeong (Hyun-Jung Go) can't be together."

When Seo Woo-jae replied, "This has nothing to do with that person. I'm not happy even if I'm with you, so I'm going to end it." Goo Hae-won said, "I thought it would look a little bit like that. You're just having an affair, this is not you," she scoffed.

Seo Woo-jae responded, "Sun-woo Jeong (Shin Dong-wook) likes you. You knew it, didn't you enjoy it while knowing that feeling? What's the difference between you and me?"

Goo Hae-won said, "It's stupid. I'm not saying that you can't like other people. You can like them. After all,  Hee-joo unnie is attractive. But because she was the person I liked -those kinds of lies that you guys told me. It's deceptive. It's driving me crazy," she shouted.

Seo Woo-jae said, "So let's stop doing that crazy thing," and left.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Continuation of spoiler eps 14

d0a737d6-8428-44bf-9fe3-9ffb70cdd53f.jpg

e3ce1880-f471-4ad2-88bb-37da10bda6aa.jpg

Even after recovering the evidence that Lee Hyung-gi had gathered, Woo Jae showed an obsessive attitude, saying, "I will destroy anyone who touches Jung Hee-joo." 

Hee-joo Jeong, who was afraid of Seo Woo-jae's madness, confirmed the existence of the black box of the car he was riding in and said, "You don't like me. Calm down." However, Seo Woo-jae forced  a kiss on the rebellious Jeong Hee-joo.

After securing the black box video, Jeong Hee-joo returned home and found Goo Hae-won with Ahn Hyun-seong, who had lost consciousness while intoxicated. Goo Hae-won sarcastically provoked Jeong Hee-joo, who became  angry.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

@Tofu AHS might not be the scariest of them all. After ep.14, I think WJ is going to be scarier than him. His obsession on HJ is getting out of hand, IMO. Then there is HJ too, who decided not to reach out and pull up the abusive BIL, then who decided to have WJ forcing a kiss on her be recorded. Earlier in ep.13, she also framed HW which cost the latter her job. The race is tight among these three to be the evilest of them all. 

At least for HW, we see some redeeming qualities. She gave good advice to Ho Su (from storybook) as well as to LJY about not living in hatred like her. 

@liddi I had wanted to ship HW with SW instead, but he is the brother of HJ after all. Don’t see how this combination will do her any good. 

Very interesting that the title of ep.14 -Did Not Love Anyone- appeared at the very end of the episode instead. Can’t believe it’s the finale week already next week.

Do you guys think Ahn Min Seo will save her abusive husband, or will she use the surgery as opportunity to do him in? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@liddi @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama To be honest, I was a little surprised they made the brother-in-law fall off the ledge like that. I was not surprised that HJ did not try to help him. She is selfish and has not shown to have any ounce of humanity in her. That said, I guess I can try to understand that when someone you dislike is in a bad situation, someone might struggle to want to help them. I don't know if his wife will "save" him. A part of me feel like she might because that's the father of her child, but a part of me also think that she won't. 

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think WJ is going to be scarier than him. His obsession on HJ is getting out of hand, IMO.

Yeah, I think it's quite the competition now to see who's the worst of the evils. Haha! WJ's obsession with HJ is beyond anything imaginable. How as he able to hide this side of him for so long? How did HJ even find his recklessness thrilling? It's just plain stupid. :laugh:

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

At least for HW, we see some redeeming qualities. She gave good advice to Ho Su (from storybook) as well as to LJY about not living in hatred like her. 

I'm glad she is aware enough to recognize her own behaviors and is letting others know not to make the same mistake. I know that Lisa is a brat, but I do hope that both girls (JY and Lisa) can continue to be friends or find someone they can confide in. It's too lonely to go through trauma by yourself. 

Sigh. What is going to happen to this girl? If only someone can save HW. WJ, HJ, and HS can continue to destroy each other without her. 

ROY-17v4.gif

• Clapping Hands 3

That was a nice gif you shared @Tofu I teared up at “Soon enough, the girl lost her love and curiosity for the world” That’s exactly the state she is in. And she knows it. So sad. 

I read elsewhere that the drama didn’t do justice to the background love story of WJ and HW, which makes her like an obsessive person to a man who doesn’t love her. In the novel, WJ adores HW, and HJ was jealous of their relationship because her marriage is devoid of the love and warmth she saw in WJ-HW’s relationship. That’s why HW felt that HJ took the only good thing she has when HJ already has so many good things in life. 

• Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama The drama made it seem like they were never in love, but I read the same thing about the novel too. WJ really liked HW so he pursued her first. 

From the preview, HW said that she had the opportunity to be a mother once. I guess that confirms that she had a miscarriage. Although, that's a little disturbing knowing WJ was sleeping around with both women at the same time. 

• Insightful 3

We still need to hear what HJ whispered into WJ’s ear inside the closet during the wedding shoot. During those scenes, I already have the feeling that HJ was more in an angry/upset state, instead of like what WJ claimed that she asked him to go ahead with the wedding. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Ep14 is satisfying because I see redemptive qualities, if not redemption after an endless cycle of self-destructive behaviour week after week.

JHJ's compassion compelling her to seek out the clearly antagonistic AMS because she discerns the signs of abuse, having been on the receiving end herself in her own life, goes a long way to show us the loving sister JSW knew and loved is not quite gone yet. At the time, LHG had not tried to coerce her cooperation yet, so she clearly had nothing to gain, and her actions are out of a sincere wish to see her sister-in-law break free from the cycle of abuse, which warmed me to her far more than anything else we have seen from her. I wonder though whether AMS would save her husband in keeping with her vows as a doctor, or take the opportunity to free herself from him for good.

What a relief to see LJY nipping her own malicious attacks on Li-sa in the bud, being receptive to GHW's advice, and I believe that she will be able to sidestep the path of bitterness and move towards a happy future. On the other hand, Li-sa's downward spiral now escalating to self-mutilation is a desperate cry for help, which I really hope someone, if not her own self-absorbed parents, will notice before it is too late. 

GHW's gradual steps out of the hell she had been determined to stay in, is such a welcome sight, the most telling of which is in the sound advice she gave LJY, which echoes so much of her own life, and which I pray she is finally taking for herself as well. I wish she would have more warm moments such as the quiet companionship with JSW over kimbap; enjoying popsicles with her mother and LJY; having a bittersweet cocktail at the bar. More and more, we are seeing the kind of person she once was before grief and anger blinded her - sensitive, warm and compassionate - and I truly root for her to finally rise up and reclaim the life that she deserves. Still, she continues to upload photos of SWJ and JHJ on a private Instagram account, but thus far, it is not shared to anyone so I have to wonder what the purpose of that account is. In addition, what was she doing with a clearly intoxicated AHS at the end of the episode? Please don't show us she has relapsed and gone down her vengeful path once more.

At last, someone recognises, acknowledges and validates the pain GHW had gone through instead of trivialising and mocking it, and I am so glad for her that there is one more person who truly cares for her. It is telling how JHJ balked when JSW urged her to sincerely apologise to GHW for how she wronged the younger woman. Her repeated apologies were never out of true contrition, but simply because she was forced to, or worse still, out of contempt that GHW could not move on. Yet, had she ever cared to know why GHW could not let go of her rage? I truly need to see her and SWJ finally confronted by what their selfish, thoughtless actions had cost those who love them.

There are hints that the bar owner's wife might have lost money from land recommended by GJY. If so, is he back for vengeance as well? Whatever his original intentions were, I don't believe he harbours any enmity towards them any more. Please let him remain one of the very few decent characters in the drama.

I was struck by what GHW said to LJY about removing the post because it was not true. I think therein lies the difference between her and JHJ. All her attacks against the older woman had always been based on facts even if they were timed for maximum effect, which contrasted starkly with JHJ's methods - always cloaked in deceit, whether it be covering up her affair, trying to pass Hosu off as AHS' when she herself wasn't sure of the boy's parentage, framing GHW for the shattered vase to get her fired, or deliberately getting SWJ caught on the dashcam forcing himself on her. She is now trying to ship her brother overseas, and I have to wonder what her reason is. Is it to distance him from GHW whom she knows approached him because of her, or to keep those she believes to be rightfully hers, as hers alone, since he is clearly concerned for the younger woman?

As for SWJ, I have nothing to say about this callous, obsessive man except everyone is better off without him. The preview finally helps to understand why GHW was as broken as she was, her relationship with SWJ being far more than just on paper, which made the betrayal that much more damaging (kudos to all who figured out earlier on that she was pregnant when he left!). Previews are often misleading, but I now am beginning to wonder if the one who ended up in a lake was not him after all. If so, good riddance to bad rubbish.

My hopes went up for a moment during this scene, when I thought we'll see SWJ get run over again and put us out of our collective misery :mad:

Edited by liddi
  • Clapping Hands 4

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

On 11/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, liddi said:

There are hints that the bar owner's wife might have lost money from land recommended by GJY. If so, is he back for vengeance as well? Whatever his original intentions were, I don't believe he harbours any enmity towards them any more. Please let him remain one of the very few decent characters in the drama.

I share the same thought when it comes to him too. There are barely any likeable characters and while his appearance was a bit odd at first, I appreciate his interactions with HW. He went through a dark period in his life too and does not want HW to give those superficial people that much power over her. 

It's the last week! I can't believe we made it this far -- how much sanity we have left after this drama is still yet to be determined. :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu I too hope for the sake of my hair and my screen that it leaves us with a satisfactory conclusion, or at least enough happy BTSes for us to dive into so that we can regain whatever sanity we have lost! :laugh:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

It's the last week! I can't believe we made it this far -- how much sanity we have left after this drama is still yet to be determined. 

I am drained tbh :laugh: That’s why I didn’t say much for last week’s episodes. Seeing how they become uglier and uglier made me speechless. :nervous:

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

BTSes that are supposed to cheer us up, including throwing nasty lawyer Lee off the railings. Poor fellow, being stuck halfway and having to put in more action than he anticipated :laugh:

• Haha 3

Well ladies , we survived till finale week. Though I curse every week , but I still didn't drop this show! :hug:

Hmmm what more stories will Hee Joo have to spin here.

BF.28205898.1.jpg

Oh this is interesting. They did fly to Ireland to film some scenes

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2021/11/1103196/

Director Lim Hyun-wook, who was in charge of directing, said, “The thing I paid the most attention to to realize Ireland was not the technical part, but to bring the image and emotion of the country of Ireland into the screen.” As it was a difficult time for overseas filming due to COVID-19, only a small number of the production crew traveled all over Ireland with the Irish production team. Also, in Korea, they searched all over the country for the terrain most similar to Ireland in Korea. The final scene in the drama is the result of the technology that synthesized the local filming in Ireland with the domestic filming through this process.

photo ㅣJTBC

• Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Shocked 1

I was wondering why they were able to capture Ireland so well, turns out they really did go! 

Today is the day! We spent eight weeks on this, although, at times it felt much longer. No idea what awaits us but I'm so glad I went through this with all of you. :laugh:

• Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteM @Tofu Yay! We survived! Whether we (or our hair and monitors) would still be in one piece by the end of tomorrow remains to be seen :nervous:

BTS of KJY filming for the Ireland scenes domestically. I was wondering previously why there was a blue screen during the filming, so now that mystery is solved. Glad to see that they took safety measures with the harness attached to him while he stood at the edge of the cliff.

Another BTS with little Hosu during the book reading with GHW...

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

6 hours ago, liddi said:

BTS of KJY filming for the Ireland scenes domestically. I was wondering previously why there was a blue screen during the filming, so now that mystery is solved. Glad to see that they took safety measures with the harness attached to him while he stood at the edge of the cliff.

Does that mean the crew went to film all the aerial shots in Ireland but the scenes with the cast were filmed in Korea? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Recaps for eps 15 (Part 1)
Continuing from the car scene last week:

On this day, Jung Hee-joo found Ahn Hyun-seong with Goo Hae-won late at night. Hyunseong Ahn was asleep in the car as if drunk.

Jung Hee-joo shouted to Goo Hae-won, "What did you do to this person?" Goo Hae-won said, "Comfort. Consolation. It was because the director looked like he was having a difficult time. It was so sad to see him like that "

Goo Hae-won said, "Why did you do that? (cheat on Ahn Hyun-seong) You had a good relationship with the director, and you didn't really care about him. What was the problem? Is it because of your mother-in-law? No matter how scary  your mother-in-law is, didn't you say that your husband was on my side? Why did you do that?" she taunted.

Jeong Hee-joo suppressed her emotions and said, "Shut up and go." Goo Hae-won did not back down and said, "In the end, the problem was my older sister. It was my sister's greed. You couldn't give up my stable life, but yet  wanted to satisfy the lack of desire. If I had been prepared to lose everything, I wouldn't have hated it this much."

At the same time, Goo Hae-won scoffed at Jung Hee-joo's abandoning Seo Woo-jae (Kim Jae-young), saying, "Was it enough to enjoy and throw it away? How happy were you when your senior told you that you lost your memory?"

Jeong Hee-joo said calmly, "Do one thing. It's not your share of resentment. It's Woo-jae's responsibility. It's a problem that he and I have to solve." Goo Hae-won said, "I don't know why it's so terrible. It's that I'm constantly suspicious of the person I love the most.

Part 2

On this day, Seo Woo-jae visited Ahn Hyun-sung, the husband of Jung Hee-joo (Ko Hyun-jung), and said, "I remember that gaze now. Weren't you worried that Hee-joo would find me again in the past? At that time, I pretended to be okay but I wasn't."

He then said, "I will break up with the Hae Won. I can give up everything I have. Can you still say it is lust? You must be more anxious t then. Jung Hee-joo is no longer a woman who needs the stability you give he"  he added.

Goo Hae-won, who was listening to this, said to Woo Jae, "Don't play with words. You are the one who has me insurance  knowing that  you will be abandoned by Hee-joo. "You are selfish and cowardly," she accused him. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Part 3

Hyung Ki ( the brother-in-law)  completed the operation safely, but failed to regain his language skills.

In response, Hee-joo confessed the whole story to the sis in law , Min-seo (Jang Hye-jin), and Min-seo said, "I suspected you had an affair and you called to threaten me?  My husband is such a terrible human being.  Is that what you want me to say it with my own mouth?"

When Heejoo cried, "I  would have been  able to catch him....",  Mi Seo said , "If you caught it? Can you guess you two would have fallen down together? I can't even take responsibility for you. I need a safety diagnosis of the building. I'm sure you know something unpleasant happened while you were going to take care of it. I have nothing more to hear from you," she said coldly.

-------------------------

Part 4 

In the meantime, when Hee Ju's mother in law , Young-sun (played by Kim Bo-yeon) plans to accompany Ho Su to  study abroad.  Hee-joo complained, "I don't even get to hold the Ho Su  in my arms as the  mother because I keep going through such a hard time."

Only then did Hyeonseong say about the past when they were in the bar in Ireland , "Seo Woojae came. I happened to be with Ho Su," he said, "I can't monitor you every time, and we can go and see see him often. I made a mistake  during Lisa's time, so I won't make a mistake this time," he said.

Part 5

Meanwhile, Hee-joo, who wanted to erase the data on Hyung-ki's cell phone, was startled by Woo-jae's visit. Woojae said, “The person who made me lie down like this (in a coma)  for three years is your husband. Noona, you live side by side with such a person.”

Despite Hee-ju's anxiety that Hyeon-seong will come soon, he said, "I think it would be good to talk about how I will be compensated for the time I lost. I wouldn't have left if I had known it would be taken away like that. I had to endure it somehow.”

Hee-joo said, "What have you lost? I left you on my own feet,” she said with tears, but Woo Jae said, “Then come back. together with Ho Su. Just like back then, the three of us can start together again. I'm different then. Now, I'm in charge & I'll be fine. We will succeed.”

However, Hee-joo has already prepared a black box video to frame & get rid of  Woo-jae.

------------------------------

Hae Won met Woo Jae and said, "Hee-joo came to visit me. She wants you to stop harassing her . I guess that's how terrible you are you? You still don't know? You're abandoned." She trampled on Woo-jae's pride.

Hae Won added , "I feel bad for you now. It's not that I hate you, but I feel bad for you. It's painful, right? It's hard, right? There must be a god" she said with a smile.

At the end of the play, Woo-jae, who lost his reason and strangled Hee-ju, and Hee-ju, who counterattacks Woo-jae, raised questions about the ending of "Someone Like You."

784995b2-9e11-49f2-835a-add82f265f59.jpg

4a46c2c3-21a1-45a2-8baf-4388244a2cf8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep.15 was great. It seems to be slower in pace, but things are settling for most of our characters. There are so many great lines. I laughed at WJ's confidence and obsession of HJ when he asked her to return to him with Ho Su, bring along Lisa if HJ wants to, that he's a different person now from then, and that he would become more successful than HS.

And at the end of the episode, we've finally reached the scene of the opening at ep.1. It seems like the drama will end quite differently from the novel...

Spoiler

WJ tried to strangle HJ after HW made him realised that he's been completely abandoned by HJ. It's not clear yet who delivered the blood splattering blow to WJ, because 2 people were following them into HJ's studio. One was Lisa, the other was HW. However, it's clear for me that HW was the one helping to clean out the blood, judging from the navy long sleeve, since HJ was wearing a light cream coat, and Lisa too. HJ was seen trying to reach for the fire pit poker while WJ was choking her.  

My guess is that HW was the one who hit WJ. And she helped HJ to clean up the blood. That person was wearing a wedding ring, but I can't check whether HW still wears her ring or not. 

And no preview!! I am almost tempted to watch the finale live on JTBC now, lol...

There are also many scenes of HW and SW together, and yes, they're still so shippable. And if my guess about what happened in the studio was correct, there might be hope to see them together after all? Quite a stretch, but seems possible. SW is surely a good person who has reflected upon what he experienced. Really love seeing how furious and fierce he was towards WJ regarding HW. One of the lines I like was by SW, when he told WJ that at one point of his life, two amazing women both loved him, yet how did he turn into such a loser. For SW's sake, I almost want to try to like his sister, lol... 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:59 AM, liddi said:

You're right on about this. I do think he has no enmity towards them anymore. Even in this penultimate episode, he's still trying to reach out to HW and made her turn back from her destructive path. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

She signed the divorce papers! That is the pinnacle of the entire episode for me, when at last, she makes the conscious decision to walk away from the toxicity that she has allowed herself to drown in for far too long. I was afraid she would never bring herself to do it, especially after her last words to SWJ about divorce, and her subsequently ending up in ER. However, the hints were already peppered throughout the episode... her noting to AHS that choosing to forgive is to free oneself which both of them have not yet done; her insightful words to the mother of JSW's friend that her son would not have wanted him to suffer forever; seeing LJY thrive in school and clearly leading a happy life with them; her own assurances to JSW that the incident with the sleeping pills was not intentional. How apt that the scene when she prepares to move out of the apartment is well lit, perfectly matched by her light-coloured attire, symbolising the darkness that has lifted from her life. What was the turning point? I think it is a cumulation of factors - the wise counsel from the bar owner, taking over responsibility for LJY even before it was ever made legal, JSW's compassion and empathy, the dawning realisation that she matters in the eyes of so many others, regardless of how unworthy JHJ and SWJ had made her feel through their betrayal. And her decision not to alight the bus is a hint that perhaps there might be some hope of a future together for them, at least as close friends if not more, though I do not know if it will still be possible after all that is going down with JHJ. 

How the tables have turned. Where GHW was once treated with contempt as a wreck and hurtling towards self-destruction in her obsession to make them understand what they did to her, it is ironic that when she decides to let go, they are the ones who are finally getting a taste of their own medicine, with JHJ's fears that her husband might have cheated on her with GHW, and SWJ pathetically clinging to a woman who no longer wants anything to do with him. Not too long ago, SWJ was callously telling GHW that it was better to be lonely by oneself than to be miserable together - sound advice that he should be taking himself now as he spirals out of control. As for JHJ, the perfect life she has built for herself is crumbling down around her, and her lies are at risk of being exposed. She clearly has not changed yet, manipulating the dashcam footage to get rid of the inconvenience that is now SWJ. Will she finally come to her senses only when everything she deems important is destroyed, including her daughter who is herself clearly in need of help, and whom I really hope will get it before it is too late.

When it comes down to it, I am glad AMS did not forget her oath as a physician despite how despicable her husband is. I too love the way she is finally standing up to her mother, throwing back at her the hurtful words the older woman once berated her with. The older woman's bewilderment is telling, having long forgotten what she had said in the past without caring how it affects the other party. In that moment, did JHJ herself come to realise the reason GHW found it so difficult to move on, because her pain forced her to remember their betrayal clearly, long after they themselves have pushed it to the back of their minds?

@ktcjdrama I don't think it was GHW who cleaned up the blood. That person was wearing a wedding ring similar to JHJ's, and wore a dark coat over a white dress. GHW was wearing a black blouse under her coat. Another scene showed the same person wearing the same wedding ring burning the beige coat that JHJ had been wearing in the portable fireplace. So it has to be JHJ. The question is who killed SWJ. Could it have been Li-sa? She was desperate for her father not to know about her mother's affair. I don't think GHW was anywhere near the studio - she was outside the gated area at the time. 

2 satisfying episodes in a row. Please let this trend continue all the way to the end.

Edited by liddi
  • Clapping Hands 4

Love reading what you’ve written for the last 2 episodes @liddi You’re always able to discuss and sum up so many things eloquently.

I forgot to mention too that I’m glad AMS did the right thing. Although I have to admit I am suspicious whether or not she compromised the actual damage to the brain or not... This show make me doubt everyone 😅 And yes, I too love that she spoke up to her mother. I detest her mother so. What made her think that failures with her two children will make her be successful in rearing her grandson to be a “better” person? 🤣

Who cleaned up the blood? I doubt it is AHS though, because then he would be helping to dispose of the body instead of JHJ dragging the suitcase by herself. The white blouse had rather big flowing cuffs, so could be a lady. Maybe AMS? JHJ’s BFF? Or, Lisa hit SWJ, AHS came to clean up and took care of her because JHJ insisted he stayed back? GHW was already inside the gate, looking at Lisa walking towards the studio. My guess is she stopped her. But would Lisa obey GHW and go back into the house?  It’s good that we don’t have to wait a week for the answer. Else I will probably be unproductive, busy speculating the ending 😆 

• Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif