Youth of May 오월의 청춘 [2021]

Our poor boy ...miss her like crazy when he hears Annie's Song

The strain is taking a toll on the two as they start arguing. SR feels bad that she is the reason that MH and him end up like that. But he is a nice guy. He told her he never once blamed her

Spoiler

SR flashback to when she met MH before she left for Seoul. Aiyoooo our poor MH looks like a ghost. She actually tell Hee Tae to go back to Gwangju for MH. HT thinks MH is afraid of him but she knows when she met MH , MH was only worried for HT's future . SR felt very bad seeing how selfless MH is . In the present , she "scolded" HT saying how he & MH are both the same. She wishes him well , she is leaving him

Spoiler

Our boy goes back to Gwangju and they reunite . He told her he knows he should not be there but he just wants them to be together 

Some translations here

Spoiler

I am sure they did more than kiss :wow:

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

From what I read , this is already May 17 & that is the night before the d-day of the big showdown. All the army has been deployed to Gwangju. 

I read that our couple had plan to leave for Seoul but didn't realise how big this thing will blow up

In the preview , with lots of people getting hurt MH could not bring herself to leave and HT ends up helping too...I hope he will overcome his trauma

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdramahats off to GMS, she really didn't put too much make up. Like no rouge , lipstick etc. She really look the role

Yeah... the part where she was near her home already and met Hee Tae at the bridge. Can really see that she's been through a tough night/day. Great make-up team and for GMS to portray the despair state Myung Hee is in.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Okay, this episode gave me hope that the show might not end tragically. Myung Hee visited the priest in her church who informed her of the scholarship. As she shared her difficulties, the priest told her that when God closes one door, He will open another door. It makes me think our OTP have hope yet. Having said that, we still have 4 episodes. A lot could still happen in those episodes :nervous:

Anyway, ep.8 ends with the start of the seizing of all protesters nationwide. Mr Heartless Monster is happy to be able to show off his fangs to everyone. Hee Tae's friend who is in army got dispatched to GwangJu. Not looking good. I worry for him, but I hope he gets to go to the hospital and see his girlfriend. 

Preview is quite intense because there are many casualties, and then one of them in critical condition is JinA :nervous:

This OTP, give me a teary farewell, and then give me a teary reunion too:yayaya:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

New stills

FfXTI1y.jpg

Spoiler

SjmorA9.jpg
2x2ETTm.jpg
9JrYTkP.jpg
9MTgqeq.jpg
bPtVfKS.jpg
pX2t0mb.jpg

I finally completed this week's episodes. I was procrastinating the whole week. These 2 episodes somewhat reminded me of the Qiong Yao's series I watched with my family eons ago. The melo, lovebirds being forced apart because of an evil parent and also the time/era that they were in which wouldn't allow them to be together. Really can't say I enjoy this kind of set-up.

That said I'm looking forward to see Hee Tae embracing his doctor's skills next episode.

• Heart Eyes 2
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The melo, lovebirds being forced apart because of an evil parent and also the time/era that they were in which wouldn't allow them to be together. Really can't say I enjoy this kind of set-up.

This reminds me of all the tragic HK melodramas I watch growing up. Coming to think of it I still like all this angsty melodramas over pure rom-coms. ahahahaha My taste like the domestic viewers? :heiboi:

New stills

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210530_0001458124&cID=10601&pID=10600

NISI20210530_0000756315_web.jpg?rnd=2021

Spoiler

More background to the history 

Spoiler

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, Hee Tae was hit in the back of the head. I hope this doesn't become something bad later!

I think he got the all clear for this because MH insisted they do a CT scan. Since it was late they stayed back in the ward...she got him a room to rest. He asked her here to sleep with him ( like rest) but she was like are you crazy. Then he brought up the night before :Ghastlel:

Spoiler

It seems the next day, with patients pouring in , MH could not bring herself to leave even though he wanted to . Hee Tae ended up helping too.

Spoiler

Jinah got caught in the middle of the chaos in the city and was injured

Spoiler

Jinah was actually okay when brought in but then later along the hospital corridor , she fainted. Hee Tae managed to over come his trauma by giving CPR.  And she was able to be operated on time and MH said Hee Tae was the one who saved her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even in the midst of all the chaos, there are some short moments of sweetness

Spoiler

Omg the preview is worrying ...Myung Soo is in danger. And Soo Chan got hit in the head. Not sure if he died

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Omg the preview is worrying ...Myung Soo is in danger. And Soo Chan got hit in the head. Not sure if he died

He's already badly injured it seems. I hope he's alright. 

As for the shoes, well, it could also be Jung Tae actually. Remembered they have similar shoes. Maybe, may~~~be... that will slap the father awake for once??

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for the shoes, well, it could also be Jung Tae actually. Remembered they have similar shoes. Maybe, may~~~be... that will slap the father awake for once??

That is a good point. The two brothers looked like they came to the city to visit and got caught in the middle of all the fighting.  

Apparently the time line now is 21st May

The police who caught SR before died ...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

54 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Hee Tae definitely lives lol! Is it far-fetched now to want to believe that man at the train station is not Hee Tae?

Ya la ...he's the man. Should be . His voice over at the end of last night's had me worried. He said that as long as they together that it was enough to go through this but it seems that whatever is to come is big storm. :cry:....

I was so sad when the cop ahjussi died. He was so kind letting everybody off but clearly he was made to pay for doing that. The soldiers' brutality was awful . They just randomly beat anyone up including school children. And this is based on real events. No wonder the Gwangju uprising was such a black mark in SK's history. Gosh , poor Soo Chan...got beaten up to for defending the young girl. So horrible.

• Like 2