Youth of May 오월의 청춘 [2021]

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Pre-release episode 7 cut - have you seen this @abs-oluteM

Looks like they didn't believe she went missing or not 24 hours yet?

Seeing the stills already made me sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think standard procedure is one has to be missing for 48 hours before police will process the reporting.

But the law in SK is different when adult is missing. It’s considered a run away from home, isn’t it? Learned it only from watching kdramas of course. 

The police after knowing their relationship is a couple also said that she is probably just avoiding him. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

But the law in SK is different when adult is missing. It’s considered a run away from home, isn’t it? Learned it only from watching kdramas of course. 

The police after knowing their relationship is a couple also said that she is probably just avoiding him.

I'm having a brain fart - I can only remember if someone is kidnapped the golden time is 3 days xD

But yes the run away bit sounds familiar ~ though I vaguely remember that is IF no one report it as missing person...?

• Like 2

Oh gosh the cuts tonight are so depressing...really this couple cannot catch a break.

He came to the Boarding House feeling happy looking for her . But she was not there. Went to hospital she didn't come to work. Even called SR but Soo Chan hung up the call for her midway.

Spoiler

Even went to the police station but yes @ktcjdrama @mademoiselle they think it is a lovers tiff

He even went to look for MH in her home town . By chance he came across her senile grandma who got lost. He managed to take her back and then later after asking found out it was MH's house. He stayed to eat too. 

Spoiler

Then later she did return to her parents ...he went up to her. He didn't know of course what happened but she was very cold to him. She actually got tortured at the interrogation :cry:

Spoiler

Poor gal found out her passport was not approved ...see what Soo Chan told her..

Anyway she also found out some story about her dad. Think he was also involve with protests and had his legs broken by Hee Tae's father.

Spoiler

Whatever it is , Hee Tae's dad threatened her again & for everyone's safety , she had to give up on Hee Tae. She told him to go. 

Initially he was baffled to her sudden coldness but back in Gwangju, he finally found out why

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Lee siblings realising MHee was missing and how complicated this whole thing has become

Spoiler

So he begged the father to leave MH alone. He even said that I will marry straightaway. Dad was like do you think the marriage is all I want? ( This man - is he really his father ? So damn cruel

These scenes make cry . He returned her earring to her & felt so sorry to her. 

Spoiler

And this beautiful scene in earlier episode become so painful. He was hoping she turned around but she didn't . Both crying separately after that. 

• Sad 2

O gosh, I probably shouldn’t watch tonight before sleep? Seems like a cry fest tonight. Don’t want to go to bed with swollen eyes... It’s harder for the swelling to go down 😓

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Ya , sure cry fest ! 
Preview - he & SR move to Seoul but not sure if they are actually married but seems like they live together but not getting along. Is MH gonna marry SC or is he helping her with something. Last line....he said he shouldn't be there or something (or she shouldn't have come)  but he wants them to be together...:pandasadspoon:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

Is it said why her passport wasn’t approved? Soo Chan’s doing? Or Hee Tae’s father?

I have the raw full clip already. No subs yet. 

From whatever spoilers I saw , it is the father's doing. But I don't understand ...won't sending her off to Germany the easiest way to break them up?  While so far  Soo Chan isn't a bad person, I won't be surprised if he wants to keep her here. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:
5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

From whatever spoilers I saw , it is the father's doing. But I don't understand ...won't sending her off to Germany the easiest way to break them up?

That’s what I thought too. Which is why I suspected Soo Chan instead. 
But the father maybe was thinking not to let her “upgrade” herself. Make her remain the same, cut off all her opportunities. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

O man... that last scene of saying goodbye had me in sobbing mess... My face was literally awash in tears :cry: 

So, the father's reason of denying Myung Hee's passport and visa application is because her father has been branded as a rebel. He said that it is possible that from Germany, she will go to NK instead and join the forces there, something like that. Anyway, at the scene where Hee Tae was begging his father in their courtyard, it's the first time I feel that I can understand why some people would want to kill their parents. There isn't an ounce of love AT.ALL. from the father towards Hee Tae. Really, I feel so mad at the father. The things he said to Hee Tae does not reflect a father-son relationship at all... Not sure what the English subs said but one of the things he said, "The only thing you can block is my hand, but you're in the palm of my hand (meaning under his control)". "Don't kneel down easily, because when you really need to kneel down for something, it becomes meaningless" ~ I mean, this is a good advice, but to say it to your son in that manner? Urgh, I will not blame Hee Tae if he decides to kill his father. But of course, our protagonists are too kind a soul to do such things. 

Anyone knows what is the date now in the drama? The eventful demonstration that happened was on May 18th, right? I wonder how far away we are in the story from that date.

None of my source has the preview with translation. Although it doesn't really matter since we'll soon have the next episode.

OST#6 - Days In Memory (the one playing at goodbye scene)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

OST #7 Houdini - I Regret

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM Do you guys have any fave OST from this drama?

Edit: Woah, I'm a little reluctant to watch last night's episode based on the cover of the youtube clip. So much crying. I think I'll wait till tomorrow to watch it... hmm. I still have time to decide whether I want "melo" tonight xP

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Lee Do Hyun And Geum Sae Rok Encounter Complex Situation In “Youth Of May”

E2NqOhHVoAApAV4?format=jpg&name=large

Tense new stills have been released for “Youth of May”!

The KBS romance drama is about medical student Hwang Hee Tae (Lee Do Hyun) and nurse Kim Myung Hee (Go Min Si), who fall in love amidst the whirlwind of events that take place in May 1980 – a historically significant time period in South Korea. Geum Sae Rok plays Lee Soo Ryun, Kim Myung Hee’s close friend in an arranged engagement with Hwang Hee Tae.

Spoilers

E2NqOhHVgAIIwsT?format=jpg&name=large

In the previous episode, Hwang Hee Tae’s father Hwang Ki Nam (Oh Man Seok) blocked Kim Myung Hee from being able to study abroad, causing Hee Tae to beg on his knees for his father to leave her alone. In response, his father ordered him to go live in Seoul with Lee Soo Ryun.

New stills show the two standing in the street with very little of their belongings packed. Hwang Hee Tae walks through the crowd of protesters, while Lee Soo Ryun follows close behind. It is apparent from their facial expressions that they have a lot going through their minds with the difficult situation they are stuck in.

E2NqOhGVgAAg9mr?format=jpg&name=large

In this upcoming episode, Lee Soo Ryun will surprise Hwang Hee Tae with her unexpected actions as she attempts to make up for the awful series of events that resulted from her initially sending Myung Hee in her place on a blind date with Hee Tae.

Episode 8 of “Youth of May” will air on May 24 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM Do you guys have any fave OST from this drama?

Funnily , no OST has really stuck on. It wasn't like Do You Like Brahms or Hello Again where the OSTs there just moved me immediately. I must listen again 

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

n this upcoming episode, Lee Soo Ryun will surprise Hwang Hee Tae with her unexpected actions as she attempts to make up for the awful series of events that resulted from her initially sending Myung Hee in her place on a blind date with Hee Tae.

Let's hope she doesn't make things worse

@ktcjdrama I think we're almost at 18 May. According to this twitter , the protests started 14 May ( I supposed smaller scale)

• Insightful 2

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Funnily , no OST has really stuck on. It wasn't like Do You Like Brahms or Hello Again where the OSTs there just moved me immediately. I must listen again 

Same. None of it I listened to stick for me too. Unlike both OSTs from Doom, which at first try, I already like it.

---

I haven't watched the latest episode yet (dreading it) but I thought why instead of blocking Myung Hee's passport let her have it earlier so she can leave early? Isn't that a much effective way of separating the lovebirds?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Same. None of it I listened to stick for me too. Unlike both OSTs from Doom, which at first try, I already like it.

---

I haven't watched the latest episode yet (dreading it) but I thought why instead of blocking Myung Hee's passport let her have it earlier so she can leave early? Isn't that a much effective way of separating the lovebirds?

I like two of the songs. The ones I’ve shared. 

About the passport, I mentioned it already in one of the posts above. Maybe you haven’t read it to avoid spoilers, but I personally think it’s just Hee Tae’s father hobby to oppress people 🙄 She is still useful to him so to speak because she can be used to manipulate Hee Tae into his bidding. He needs her around so he can use her If she is gone, he has nothing on Hee Tae anymore. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

About the passport, I mentioned it already in one of the posts above. Maybe you haven’t read it to avoid spoilers, but I personally think it’s just Hee Tae’s father hobby to oppress people 🙄 She is still useful to him so to speak because she can be used to manipulate Hee Tae into his bidding. He needs her around so he can use her If she is gone, he has nothing on Hee Tae anymore. 

Yes. Agreed. Seriously the father is a monster. Really what kind of father is he. 

After watching with subs, I realise it wasn't so much that MH leaves HT because she feared for herself but because Hwang Ki Nam said she would ruin Hee Tae's life if she did. So it was for Hee Tae's sake she let go. :nervous:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I realise it wasn't so much that MH leaves HT because she feared for herself but because Hwang Ki Nam said she would ruin Hee Tae's life if she did.

Yeah, and he even challenged her to stick around Hee Tae and see how far he would go. A monster indeed. A heartless monster. 

I didn’t get this while watching but I read a comment that said he got promoted because of capturing Myung Hee’s father. We also saw that they used to be friends. MH’s father confided in him about his father and brother, but he seemed to have twisted the fact to nail it on him instead.  

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Eps 8

Hee Tae & SR's families came to send them off. Awkward but I think both try to be civil as they take the train to Seoul 

Spoiler

So they stay in his place...ooo at least we get some LDH fan service here :MewWave: They try to live together but it is void of any warmth. He went out . A phone call came from his friend in the army but when he asked her where he went & who she was to him, she said she didn't know...which really reflects  the sort of forced situation they both are in.

Spoiler

The hateful Hwang Ki Nam came to flex his power at Soo Chan's office. Can tell Soo Chan really dislikes him 

Spoiler

Soo Chan tries his best to look for ways to help MH to go abroad. I am okay with him TBH. In fact if not for Hee Tae, I wouldn't have minded MH be with him . At least we know he always tries to do the right thing.

The brothers feel sad for their siblings. These two are so cute.

MH's bro even wishing for them to get married'

Spoiler

• Like 1