Youth of May 오월의 청춘 [2021]

42 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

I’m halfway through watching Ep 3. Myunghee  is really just a very spoilt brat imo. She’s used to getting her own way and is extremely privileged without knowing it. Hee Tae is going to be that mirror in her face that she hates to see. I wonder what would be the moment of truth for her. 

You mean Soo Ryun? Myung hee is the nurse

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I always knew this drama was going to bring me grief and angst ...but it is coming faster than I expected.

Anyway I skimmed through some of the cuts. While she didn't say yes to one month dating immediately , she did agree at the end cause she likes him a lot too. The highlight scene for their sweet moments was when he followed her to an orphanage - think she volunteers there. There was sweet old school romance as they chat on the bus there ( he peeled her a hard boiled egg - I know it was a popular snack then).

Now the thing is this I am wondering now if Hee Tae's trauma / nightmares and his refusal to graduate to become a full fledge doc has to do with him not being able to save the girl that was in the Seoul hospital. He not only has this nightmares but for a doc to be he seemed so stunned what to when a young girl fell ill at the orphanage - like he was frozen just like how he was when the kid got knock down by the car last week

Spoiler

This was really sweet cause she knows he has a lot of hurts but he can't seem to bring himself to tell her

But I am super pissed off because of what Soo Ryun is doing , she needs to marry Hee Tae  (if I am not mistaken ) . HT was not happy and I believe he wants to end this.

Spoiler

However , I think they got to Myung Hee and she ask him to marry SR 

Crap la ...this preview is super breaking my heart....looks like they are no longer together and he has to marry SR...:nervous:

Spoiler

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Here comes the angst... A pair of lovers separated because of circumstances and people.

Not much to say about ep.4... I am just glad to see the friendship forming between the two young brothers. Hee Tae and his stepmother also taking a small step to bond. I'm wishing later on Jung Tae, his mother and Hee Tae will be the ones to join forces and go against the father. If possible just put him away in prison for whatever reason. 

Soo Ryeon, what can I say... This girl dreams big but does not have the guts to go all in and bear the consequences. If she cares so much about what will happen to her father, her family, she shouldn't even have bothered to start being an activist. Does she never consider how those things will get back at her? You have to be ready to lose everything once you start that sort of movement...

As for Hee Tae, well, he did promise his father that he will do whatever is asked of him in exchange for money. So in a way, he does have to fulfil his end of the deal. Just too bad that he fell in love with another person in the process of it.... LOL, I guess that's where the drama is. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama depressing ending & preview :cry:  ...have to correct my recaps...she hadn't even had a chance to say yes. I am so angry at the circumstances that they find themselves in. Clearly with no hindrances , they would make a lovely pair. I loved those moments they were on the bus together & when they were at the orphanage. 

Anyway in this episode , we can finally see why Hee Tae is reluctant to graduate. It is the trauma of not being able to save his friend's GF - so he blames himself and because of his friend he is doing all this to bring the girl to die in her hometown. I hope down the road , he will just graduate and become a doctor as he is clearly good at the job and has the right reasons for going into medicine. I can imagine him and Myung Hee having their own practice together - but of course I am completely ignoring the skeleton found in the 1st eps along with that homeless man.  LOL....this drama is set up to have sad ending , I think. 

I also like the sweet friendship between the boys. This is the wonderful thing about children - without interference from the parents and the prejudice that adults tend to pass on to them, they see things as they are and won't allow class differences to blind their judgment about things. Now I am wondering if Myung Hee's dad was also anti-government or some spy - Hee Tae dad knows him from before. 

BTS

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway in this episode , we can finally see why Hee Tae is reluctant to graduate. It is the trauma of not being able to save his friend's GF - so he blames himself and because of his friend he is doing all this to bring the girl to die in her hometown. I hope down the road , he will just graduate and become a doctor as he is clearly good at the job and has the right reasons for going into medicine. I can imagine him and Myung Hee having their own practice together - but of course I am completely ignoring the skeleton found in the 1st eps along with that homeless man.  LOL....this drama is set up to have sad ending , I think. 

I sincerely hope the GF of his friend who is in army will somehow miraculously recover. And they all reunited there. But seems like Hee Tae’s letter won’t get to him 😔

Well, it can still be a non-sad ending if the skeleton turned out to be Hee Tae’s father 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

OST 3 Kwak Jin Eon - My Spring Days

Episode 4

I don't have much to say about this episode too except Do Hyun in glasses was very swoon-worthy though and I'm glad we finally get more insights into the trauma that was haunting him. His dad would probably have disowned him if he knew what he was doing. However, it just shows he has a good heart and his skills was trustworthy. I did doubt him for a bit when he was all freaked out about the little girl falling sick and it could be because of his lacking of knowledge or skills that resulted her in dire condition. Glad to know that it isn't.

And same that I wish the skeleton remails is Myung Hee's dad not Myung Hee, lol.

• Heart Eyes 2

This feels like a full on melodrama. The characters are complex as are the situations they're in and the backstories grow in tandem with curiosities to know more.

Evil dad was a pro-communist before, wasn't he? That's how he knew Myunghee's dad? So what's evil dad's position in the government and why is his current wife rumoured to simply be a mistress when he didn't marry Hee Tae's mum? He's clearly powerful if Sooryeon's dad is beholden to him for business opportunities, but what will that partnership bring Evil dad if SR's family is losing money? Status? Of what sort?

And why does Myunghee hate her dad so much? Did she have to drop out of school because of him? 

Sooryeon is reactive and that's what makes her difficult to like. She has the passionate energy of youth but does not think through the consequences of her actions. That lack of forethought is what makes her so different from Myunghee. 

As regards Soo Chan, I'm not sure what I think of him yet. I reckon he has the burden of being the elder son on his shoulders and all the expectations that come with that. There's just something about him that seems very vanilla though. He's almost passionless. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Watch: Cast Of “Youth Of May” Celebrate Go Min Si’s Birthday On Set

KBS has released behind-the-scenes footage for “Youth of May” episodes three and four!

https://youtu.be/DxlWYpAuu9E

“Youth of May” is a drama about the romance between Hwang Hee Tae (Lee Do Hyun) and Kim Myung Hee (Go Min Si) set against the turbulent background of May 1980, a historically significant time period in South Korea. Lee Sang Yi and Geum Sae Rok co-star as Lee Soo Chan and Lee Soo Ryun, siblings from a wealthy family background who have different goals in life.

The video begins as Go Min Si first notices the camera and points it out to Lee Do Hyun, immediately making him bow. As they’re joined by Geum Sae Rok, the three all eagerly wave. Later, Geum Sae Rok is busily taking pictures of staff members, who adorably have stickers with her face from a coffee truck plastered on their clothes.

As they film a scene at the dinner table, Lee Sang Yi looks after Go Min Si by putting a piece of galbi in her bowl. When the cameras stop rolling, she surprises him by commenting, “Did you know you gave me a carrot?”

Later, Go Min Si catches sight of Park Se Hyun’s extravagant transformation and struggles to keep in her laughter while filming. The director comments to Lee Do Hyun, “I think it’s okay to flinch. Seeing her today, I think you would flinch.” Go Min Si also pulls out her polaroid camera, showing Lee Do Hyun how it works and taking photos of her cast members.

During a break for their hospital scene, Lee Do Hyun states to Go Min Si, “Now that I look at it, your height is the same as mine sitting down.” Geum Sae Rok adds, “Right, she’s so small! She’s so cute, I’m going to die.”

Geum Sae Rok then tells Go Min Si and Lee Do Hyun how much she’s enjoying the drama “Sweet Home,” which the two appear in as siblings. She explains that she’s on episode three and Go Min Si comments that she’s really cherishing the experience. Lee Do Hyun jokingly responds, “That just means she’s lazy.”

On February 16, the cast and crew help celebrate Go Min Si’s birthday, which was the day before. After a brief moment posing with her cake and saying thank you, she then immediately transforms back into Myung Hee as she says, “Should we do rehearsals now?”

Lastly, Go Min Si and Lee Do Hyun film a scene with Park Se Hyun and her on-screen father Heo Jung Do. Lee Do Hyun and Heo Jung Do showcase their incredible chemistry and hilarious antics, causing Go Min Si to struggle to contain her laughter.

source

• Heart Eyes 2

I saw this depressing theory on a YT video ...it kind of makes sense but I don't want it to come through. :nervous:. It says that in the 1st eps the skeleton had a pocket watch next to it  which belongs to Myung Hee's dad. So there's a possibility that this watch will be given to MH as a reminder of her father. Hee Tae's father may end up killing MH's dad quite early on in the drama due to their differences. And later on ,Hee Tae's dad will kill MH too as HT will give up everything for MH which will anger the father - that's why the skeleton is hers . hmmmmm

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Bahahahaha. I hope you are not the kind that gets affected by dramas stories. Otherwise, don't look into it anymore. Let the show unravel it.

aahaha...it helps that I watch many dramas at a time so I don't dwell on it too long. But if I like a drama alot especially if I enjoy the pairing like I do here, I tend to think/ speculate more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I already saw that theory somewhere. Am just going to think that the watch is just a red herring for us to think of the worst. Although I don’t have high hopes for a happy ending, but killing the FL is a bit far from the plot I can imagine. And I still cannot guess why the drama has to show the present time. Are we going to have a time jump? 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Am still waiting for them to release , but there was this pre-released cut. Dang ...they are going ahead with the wedding seeing how dressed up SR is. Her friends are not happy with her when they congratulated her

This was dedicated to LDH

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

From the raw cuts , she pretty much sacrificed her own feelings & happiness for SR's. Cause SR came crying to her just before she was going to tell Hee Tae her feelings. SR mentioned something about what will happen to her family. Actually Myung Hee was just about to tell SR her feelings for Hee Tae. Poor Hee Tae was of course upset he got rejected . He even said the flowers was for his dad (when it was for her),

So I supposed given her rejection , he agreed to marry SR and they started preparing for the engagement / wedding. MH followed Soo Chan for day trip to Seoul but she keeps thinking of Hee Tae. Then this scene - he was still teaching the young girl. But he asked MH on two separate occasions if she was truly okay with it - what does her heart really say. She just denied her truly feelings.   :nervous:

This one , he was so mad after he found out she seems so ok going with Soo Chan to Seoul , when he was hurting so bad. MHee please find some courage...

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

So depressing seeing the person you like engaged to another. Actually SR knows MH's feelings - you can see the expression. Urghhh

Omg this can't be the wedding ( think it is engagement?) ...I wanna cry...how can MH be so calm & appear unaffected?

Spoiler

Okay I was wrong - she was . He asked her here if she was fine or not and that is when she broke down. And that was all he needed for him to grab her hand and run. Think he will break off the engagement. I guess he wanted her to be honest with her own feelings for once and chose this route to push her into admitting it

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1