Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

I've missed them so much! I can't believe it's been almost two years since the first one aired! I liked episode one -- seems like they will assemble the group again in the next episode. Can't wait to see more of this! 

Episode 2 Preview.

• Like 2

So happy they are back. 

Episode 1 Recap

• The intro :pandablush: It's the old theme song, goosebumps right from the start. It makes me so happy to just listen to it. I am SO excited. Season 2 Here we goooooooo!
  • God, just 5 minutes in and I love everything. Do Ki punishing evil guys, disguising himself in different roles, interesting cases. Some will make me very uncomfortable again, like last time, but oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, all will be so great.
  • 5 Police cars pass a random Taxi  in the middle of nowhere from the direction of the prison bus with three knocked out guys in the backseat and not any of them thinks this might be suspicous? :laugh:
  • God I am already so in love with the music. :pandasadspoon: They kept everything in from Season 1. When the prisoners were caught in the hideout, just listening to the same theme made me so nostalgic. Everything feels so familiar. I love it so much. 
    When they all stood on the roof, the music. :pandasadspoon: I could cry, it makes me so happy. I totally need the theme song in my playlist.
  • Go Eun :pandaxmas::pandalove: She is still so insanely pretty. :pandablush: So glad to see her back aswell. Ahhh, my hackergirl returned. So many episodes of swooning over her again. Yaaaay 
  • It doesn't surprise me at all to see them all being bored at their job or Go Eun feeling powerless and not be able to help anyone in need. 
  • The famous bridge :pandaxmas:
  • First case is already so interesting. I love this KDrama so, so much. 
  • I never would have thought that theme would make me so emotional. I can't wait to see every bad guy gets his punishment.
  • I almost fell from my chair during the garage scene :lmao2:
  • Go Eun checking about Do Ki's whereabouts :pandaxmas: That's my girl. She knows something is up. 

Fantastic first episode. I am totally hooked again. Preview looks promising. Seems like the team will be back and complete next episode already. Also seems like Do Ki can escape this hellhole quite fast and wrap up the case. 

Go Eun talking to Do Ki was already so emotional  

• Like 5

The Dogi Goeun earpiece reunion was the cutest thing ever, I almost died when he showed himself through the camera, god I love them also long Hair Goeun hits different :wow:

The feels when the whole team was back together ahhh, really curious what role the new guy is gonna play.

• Heart Eyes 1

Episode 2 Recap

• The desperate urge to call Go Eun, but then her calling was so cute. :pandaxmas: She is so smart, she knows if they were up to something he would be in her seat and might have trouble. 
  • Do Ki's smile when he heard Go Eun's voice :pandablush:  Such a cute scene. And finally someone operating the system knowing what to do. Everthing will be done again in lightning speed. :pandaxmas: DK also knows he can give more complicated tasks again. 
  • I really missed this KDrama. It feels so good to see all of them doing the stuff again they like and are good at. Go Eun operating the system, writing programs,  looking up bad dudes in an iffy. 
  • I am still so glad for Do KI no one invented guns so far. Phew! 
  • Shred a few tears at the end. First Dad meeting his son again and then seeing all of them together. Go Eun submitting her letter of resignation and telling her superior she goes back to where she belongs. :pandasadspoon: Old rituals being done again, taking the taxi out of service. 

First case wrapped up :pandaxmas: Many more to come. Looking forward to next week. Loved the first two episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM! Don't tell me Shin Jae Ha is a villain! I saw the opening theme and there's a scene where he's in a dark shadow and have an evil smile! I thought he's going to join the team, not destroy the team! :pandasadspoon:

The epilogue at the end, the sniper said he'll find out who Do Ki is and voila, On Han Joon appears. Suspicious much...?

Nice to see the team back together again (without the Prosecutor, ahahaha) :P

Also I was wondering if Go Eun hadn't come to the rescue of Do Ki, how is he going to swim his way out of producing a program in one day. Too lucky this time round. Madam Lim is hurt badddd and lol, I can't believe that short appearance of Wang Tao Zi was just to lure her. Tsk tsk. Look forward to see Wang Tao Zi and Madam Lim's story continues later in the episodes.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
On 2/18/2023 at 12:07 PM, Dhakra said:

Fantastic first episode. I am totally hooked again. Preview looks promising. Seems like the team will be back and complete next episode already

Agreed that the 1st episode didn't disappoint. They've been able to retain the same vibe from S1 - I grin each time they play the opening sound track. I can get why Director Jang wanted to keep the rest away since everything they do can be borderline criminal but without the team it isn't possible to pull off alot of the things they do. Plus for everyone who's already part of the operations, going back to a regular day job feels so uninspiring.

14 hours ago, goemul said:

The Dogi Goeun earpiece reunion was the cutest thing ever, I almost died when he showed himself through the camera, god I love them also long Hair Goeun hits different :wow:

I do think it won't hurt for some romance in S2 :D 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM! Don't tell me Shin Jae Ha is a villain! I saw the opening theme and there's a scene where he's in a dark shadow and have an evil smile! I thought he's going to join the team, not destroy the team

Maybe there will be a twist. I was hoping too for him to be part of them. Perhaps SJH is looking to expand his repertoire or something. His previous roles had always had him playing some good/ gentle type characters. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I saw the opening theme and there's a scene where he's in a dark shadow and have an evil smile!

I honestly wonder if they really would make it so obvious but then maybe they thought we wouldn't recognize it's him or they just want to throw us off completely but it's interesting that he isn't included for example in the group shot where the team walks together but I guess he is just a driver for the comapny for now after all. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Nice to see the team back together again (without the Prosecutor, ahahaha) :P

That had me cackling a bit ngl lol but just proves my point that she didn't leave much of an impact in the first season I don't feel like she's missing at all. I'm glad we don't have a prosecutor storyline to deal with this season and can focus more on the team and revenge instead.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I do think it won't hurt for some romance in S2 :D

Yeah, like I don't need a full blown romance but if they keep up the subtlety from season one with some romance sprinkled in I'll be very happy, of course I still wouldn't mind a bit more lmao.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

After watching eps 2 ...okay maybe @mademoiselle you're right. SJH's character does feel rather suspicious especially with the ending showing that someone had intentionally killed that corrupt cop. So he could very well be the one holding the sniper. Will be great for the plot though to have a mysterious figure like that join them

Anyway I had a good laugh in the 2nd episode especially with the Madam Lim scenes. Ever since S1 , she's always been the scene stealer and I am so tickled that they managed to find a way to bring her back somehow :laugh: . 

3 hours ago, goemul said:

Yeah, like I don't need a full blown romance but if they keep up the subtlety from season one with some romance sprinkled in I'll be very happy, of course I still wouldn't mind a bit more lmao.

Yes...just small hints like that so that it doesn't overshadow the show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 2/18/2023 at 8:03 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hey @Dhakra, long time no see.

Hey ya :pandasipsip:

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Also I was wondering if Go Eun hadn't come to the rescue of Do Ki, how is he going to swim his way out of producing a program in one day. Too lucky this time round. Madam Lim is hurt badddd and lol, I can't believe that short appearance of Wang Tao Zi was just to lure her. Tsk tsk. Look forward to see Wang Tao Zi and Madam Lim's story continues later in the episodes.

Pretty sure Do Ki had more than one plan, he probably would have done something different. He just saw a sudden opportunity with the new option of Go Eun appearance. 

I hope we see Madam Lim again, her apperance was so funny and how she reacted to Wang Tao Zi war absolutely priceless.  

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Agreed that the 1st episode didn't disappoint. They've been able to retain the same vibe from S1 - I grin each time they play the opening sound track. I can get why Director Jang wanted to keep the rest away since everything they do can be borderline criminal but without the team it isn't possible to pull off alot of the things they do. Plus for everyone who's already part of the operations, going back to a regular day job feels so uninspiring.

It really felt like coming home. Everything had the same vibe as if the drama never stopped. I was hooked from the first second. They slightly introduced everything that was loved back then. The theme really made me emotional.

I was honestly surprised they kept the cave and everything was more or less untouched. Since they captured Director Jang, I thought they may have turned the place upside down and found the cave. It surprised me aswell that Director Jang was just released without charges. 
Also, didn't he lose an eye? I remember he was tortured in the final episode and wore an eye patch. 

It was honestly fun to watch how bored they all were at their regular jobs.

10 hours ago, goemul said:

Do Ki reaction to hearing Go Eun's voice and her always having a crush at him honestly gives me hope for a slight romance this season. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 1
2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

It really felt like coming home. Everything had the same vibe as if the drama never stopped. I was hooked from the first second. They slightly introduced everything that was loved back then. The theme really made me emotional.

Same, I was literally on cloud nine, still am.

Also, didn't he lose an eye? I remember he was tortured in the final episode and wore an eye patch. 

I mean did he? His eye was already fine at the end of season one but I always see people confused about it, maybe it was just injured.

It was honestly fun to watch how bored they all were at their regular jobs.

And so cute how our engineer duo got so excited when they found out they were operating again, the way they were running through the cave :heart:

Do Ki reaction to hearing Go Eun's voice and her always having a crush at him honestly gives me hope for a slight romance this season.

No cause I actually have some hope too this season they've been teasing it so much, the struggle was real when sbs kept captioning their scenes with hearts and making compilations, I haven't forgotten their caption where they asked for romance in season 2 so better make it happen, I need it at this point :laugh: 

also this bit here 

Edited by goemul
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, goemul said:

I mean did he? His eye was already fine at the end of season one but I always see people confused about it, maybe it was just injured.

Mmmm, time to watch the last two episodes of Season 1 again :pandaxmas: Yaaaaay!

2 hours ago, goemul said:

also this bit here 

Uh, thanks for sharing. Ye Jin is so cute :pandasad: Such a lovely human being. Can't wait for all Go Eun scenes. Last season here character already made me so happy. Can't wait to swoon over her again each week. :pandablush:

Edit: Okay, seems he really managed to recover and it was just an injury. Didn't they put some liquid in it to cause him to go blind? Well, our team was almost more or less invincible throughout the first season. Do Ki was beaten half to death quite often and one of our engineering duo also survived the truck of doom. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Star Struck 1
38 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

Well, our team was almost more or less invincible throughout the first season. Do Ki was beaten half to death quite often and one of our engineering duo also survived the truck of doom. 

I watched the special episode and they said that Jineon was originally actually supposed to die but Kim Euisung called the director and told him it wasn't a good idea and something about what if we have a second season lol he has all my respect and thanks for that :pandaangel:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
19 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I was honestly surprised they kept the cave and everything was more or less untouched. Since they captured Director Jang, I thought they may have turned the place upside down and found the cave. It surprised me aswell that Director Jang was just released without charges.

There definitely has to be some suspension of belief here. What Jang did last season ( since he is taking all the responsibility on himself ) had plenty of criminal elements. You remember where he was locking up all the prisoners right? I too am surprised that they released him this easily. Maybe Prosecutor Kang ( was nice of them to still acknowledge Esom's character) helped in some way. 

18 hours ago, goemul said:

And so cute how our engineer duo got so excited when they found out they were operating again, the way they were running through the cave 

I laughed hard at the scene when they were stranded in Vietnam. So fortunate that Doki saw & saved them ...so much for trying to save Doki :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I laughed hard at the scene when they were stranded in Vietnam. So fortunate that Doki saw & saved them ...so much for trying to save Doki :laugh:

Reminds me of the U-data case where they wanted to help Dogi and got captured, I still don't know if that razorblade helped Dogi or not cause it didn't seem like he used it lol.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

There definitely has to be some suspension of belief here. What Jang did last season ( since he is taking all the responsibility on himself ) had plenty of criminal elements. You remember where he was locking up all the prisoners right? I too am surprised that they released him this easily. Maybe Prosecutor Kang ( was nice of them to still acknowledge Esom's character) helped in some way.

Yes, I remember his prison cells and what stuff he also injected to his foes. And since Baek ran the place, was captured and most likely would love to save her own skin aswell, she could talk and give every single detail about Jang AND his accomplices. You remember her, she also sang one of the OST, fantastic performance as a strong female villain. 

Prosecutor Kang must have had a lot of power and influence to clear Kang's name and made everything just disappear into thin air. 
And if they really just let him go, because they lack evidence or something, which I doubt if they had just looked through the place or his office, he should be at least under constant surveillance.

I mean, I love the cave, the head quarter and overall vibe, it was like coming home. But they doing the same thing like last time from the exact same spot, with the same car somehow feels a bit odd. 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

always stick around. showcasing their special chemistry as the engineering duo who never leaves each other’s sides in 'Taxi Driver 2'  | video footage • recap episode 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Fp-Prd-HEa-QAAn-Zo.jpg

[SBS]

With a light and cheerful vibe, singer Ha Hyun Woo's husky voice tackles the midst of a surge of emotions – OST No. 1 , Fighter from “Taxi Driver 2” 

check out the video below:

• Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

🚖'Taxi Driver 2', there is no doubt that the mysterious villain has already taken the secret steps • teaser trailer | images cuts | video footage.

[episode 3] english subbed credit to:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 4

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It looks like Doki still gets panic attacks 

I like that they are still adressing this and didn't have his trauma magically cured just because he gave up on his own revenge. I already liked them showing that he was reading a book about trauma.

Edited by goemul
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1