Deluxe Taxi / Taxi Driver 모범택시 [ S1- 2021] [S2 - 2023] [S3 -TBD]

abs-oluteM

On 3/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, Dhakra said:

Edit: He has a very unsual amount of interest in Do Ki, he really is suspicious. Yeah, I tag him as evil :pandabonk:

I don't think that SJH was the sniper? Though, there is someone who is really interested in DK and they were going to find out more about him, so I kept thinking that SJH was there to find out about DK and possibly the rest of the group.

Anyway, I was disappointed that there was only 1 episode this week which left the little girl's case hanging. I have a bad feeling about the children. This show does like to go dark.

The newlywed couple thing was cute, especially when they kept trying to cover up for their differing answers.

I think the bad real estate guy claiming that they aren't really married is going to be a fakeout of some kind. The bad guy seems really full of himself, and is probably going to pitch them an even worse scam of some kind. Not sure what his scam is though.

Anyway, 1 more week until the punching.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

I had a good chat with @40somethingahjumma for her podcast on her blog, and she told me the more obvious things are ( with regards to Shin Jae Ha's character) , the more likely he isn't the bad person. Which I agree. Perhaps, he's an undercover cop? Anyway I am quite happy that SJH is taking on such roles. As I have mentioned in the other drama thread - Crash Course on Romance, he's always played rather one-dimensional or blander characters despite being a good actor. So taking on something like that would hopefully benefit his career.

@stroppyse I am wondering how the children are linked to this real estate scam. I am guessing that the real estate talk is just a cover for some sort of human trafficking. In the preview , does it seem like that Mr Kang  forces these desperate couples to have children and Kang takes them in? And I wonder why Kang keeps these kids. 

Preview ep 6

Spoiler

Had a good laugh at the mechanic duo's idea of how a married couple's home would look like :laugh:

Film making with subs. Anyway one of the things I like very much this season is that Doki is not the only who gets a slice of the action. The rest have their time in the sun too :D. I was actually abit worried for Mr Jang jumping off the cliff in ep 4. 

Spoiler

@Dhakra @goemul  I believe that SBS heard you...they even have a special MV just for GoEun-Doki shippers

Anyhow as per @mademoiselle's suggestion, @Tofu is gonna make a Go Eun badge :D

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Set my alarm clock to the Taxi Driver theme now, also plan to play it as first song when I leave the house. My days are going to start epic from today. 

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think that SJH was the sniper? Though, there is someone who is really interested in DK and they were going to find out more about him, so I kept thinking that SJH was there to find out about DK and possibly the rest of the group.

No, I don't think he is linked to the sniper aswell. Undercover copis a great idea, maybe he is throwing small bits talking about his bad past to lure them in and get him into the inner circle. Undercover Cop sounds really plausible.

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, 1 more week until the punching.

Yaaaaay! Punchiiiiing :pandaxmas:

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I had a good chat with @40somethingahjumma for her podcast on her blog, and she told me the more obvious things are ( with regards to Shin Jae Ha's character) , the more likely he isn't the bad person. 

Oh I will listen to it, sounds nice. Will also be the first time I hear your voice. I hope he is not a bad person, because if he is, a lot of the second half of the drama will be spent less on cases and more about deceiving, hiding and similiar stuff. 

And I honestly don't want to watch the last episode worrying about if everyone is going to jail or not.

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyhow as per @mademoiselle's suggestion, @Tofu is gonna make a Go Eun badge :D

Yaaaaaaaaay! :pandaxmas: Go Eun Baaaadge. Thank you @Tofu:pandahappyspoon: 
Punching & Go Eun Badges. That is all I need to be a happy panda. I guess with one episode this week and next week I have enough time to spare to watch the drama you recommended.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

omo. an elderly grandma who finds herself the victim of a scam conducted by a trio of 3 men that visit her village. as easy targets, they won't even know they are being defrauded. is the new guy connected to the bully kid on Season 1? despite this, I still liked the episode 5 just as much. it was still fun to watch, the comedy and humor and wittiness was there. 

I'm gonna miss Do Gi and Go Eun. when will “Taxi Driver 2” episode 6 air instead?  :pandacool: 

who would not want to believe that way, they're so comfy with each other. it makes me go delulu about them. 😉

🥳

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

🚖 while he busies himself with picking up vengeful fares in “Taxi Driver 2”, he also played a newlywed couple | teaser images cut.

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-f40d32f68b5bf8f20c6e50873f48bd3c-

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I added the badges! Sorry, I took so long! Let me know if anyone needs the points to buy the badge. @SilverMoonTea will gladly donate. :lmao2: Just kidding. I'll buy it for you if you want one! 

wow @Tofu  🌹, that's lovely badges selection. thank you for offering a badge I needed. Do Gi  :SquirtleOK:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So annoying.. no episodes tonight due to baseball. But there will be one tomorrow. Sigh. 

Last week, I didn't realized it was just one episode. I guess they are only airing one episode so the stories can be paired up again (since it's two episodes per story/case). 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Episode 6 Recap

• I can't think of any other drama-theme song that dragged me back into the right mood than this one. The moment the drama starts and the theme is playing, I am ready for punching. :pandabonk:
  • Mr.Kang knows more about the feelings of Go Eun than Do Ki. :laugh: She seemed a little surprised. 
  • Some scenes are really sad and hard to watch. I don't think any amount of punching would be sufficent enough to make up for what they did to the kids. :pandasadspoon:
  • This case is as hard to watch as the Marie case last season. Holy hell is this dark and cruel.
  • God that 180° turn to the save the pregnant woman. :pandahappy: But Do Ki's face when he dragged the guy out and throw him onto the front screen, he really was mad. 
  • Go Eun almost crying and totally worrying about Do Ki. :pandasad: We really need a little romance here. 
  • Do Ki after realizing the kids have been constantly hit on the head. Oh boy, punching of a lifetime. 
  • Mh, honestly.... I thought they would do worse things to Mr.Kang. I felt like he get away pretty easy compared to other baddies in the past. 
  • Spoiler

No undercover Cop, no 2nd Driver, just another rich bad guy. :scaredpanda2: 

Preview looks promising and concerning at the same time. Guess we have another big villain. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I agree @Dhakra, the baddies this time got away good compared to S1. I suppose they couldn't punish them the same way anymore without breaking the law themselves like they did before.

Now it gives the baddies another chance to join hands with a bigger Boss.

Spoiler

LOL, Shin Jae Ha is a chaebol villain (?) this time or just some gangster who works for a drug lord I reckon. Nice seeing him all dressed up. Let's see what his deal is. It will probably tie it back to the storyline in Vietnam.

That romance everyone hopes for between Go Eun and Do Ki seem to be non-existence with the girl asking for a divorce like a flash of light!

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

That romance everyone hopes for between Go Eun and Do Ki seem to be non-existence with the girl asking for a divorce like a flash of light!

SBS is so funny I can't

Edited by goemul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I agree @Dhakra, the baddies this time got away good compared to S1. I suppose they couldn't punish them the same way anymore without breaking the law themselves like they did before.

Now it gives the baddies another chance to join hands with a bigger Boss.

Last season they at least locked them away or put them in an unavoidable spot. Like putting them in barrels and let them freeze. 

I was really surprised when Do Ki just walked away and.....that's it. I thought he would grab him and put him into a trash press or something, but dropping some trash on him and that's it was a bit......unsatisfying. Especially since it totally goes against the teams usual route to deal with any loose ends. 

I also didn't feel like Mr.Kang was broken or lost all of his wealth. 

Yeah, the new rich chaebol villain makes me a little nervous. 

Nooo, I still have hope! :pandasadspoon: The way she wanted to help him when DK was trapped in the fire, which by the way, was a little weird, because why he was able to just jump through the window and the crossbar with the kid as his shield?

Anyway , the way Kang figured out instantly that Go Eun really seems to be in love, how she fell into pure joy when she realized he is fine. 
I still have hope! :pandacool: All it needs is a little spark. Maybe Go Eun must be in danger or, hear me out, new villain guy threatens or abducts Go Eun and Do Ki goes :pandaroar::pandarage2::pandarage:

• Haha 3

@goemul These two are killing their shippers. I thought one of them would display slight disappointed reaction but one is happy to divorce, the other is acting indifferently. Hiyaaaa.

@Dhakra If Shin Jae Ha is going to be bad, I hope he goes all the way and the show isn't half-ass with it. His other-just-finished-drama wasn't as satisfying as we had hoped for his storyline so fingers crossed, this one we get a more satisfying ending for his role –— be it good or bad.

With this case, I wonder what they did to his real estate? Can they sell it without the guy's consent? Should they give the apartments back to those "desperate" couples? Do these couples deserve the apartments because they broke the law too! I was thinking The Taxi team couldn't punish him by law because they don't have solid evidence, or they wanted to protect those couples who were scammed but these couples, too, broke the law. It's a debatable case but the writer didn't address all these very clearly which is a shame. We just see Do Ki visiting one couple because they abused Seo Yeon.

• Like 1

These two are killing their shippers. I thought one of them would display slight disappointed reaction but one is happy to divorce, the other is acting indifferently. Hiyaaaa.

Idk I found their talk very flirty, Dogi did say it's a shame  :cool: also the villain just straight out pointing out how perfect they are for each other lol. I mean that little glance between them when he said they look so much in love :smug:.

16 hours ago, Dhakra said:

I was really surprised when Do Ki just walked away and.....that's it. I thought he would grab him and put him into a trash press or something, but dropping some trash on him and that's it was a bit......unsatisfying.

Trash press lmao, I think due to the events from last season it makes sense they are a little less brutal. It's better this way to not get attention from the police I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Dhakra @goemul I think there's still hope in the romance department :GrowDerp:...not so much based on what Kang said but mainly GoEun's reaction when DoKi was trapped in that fiery place...I know she was quick to "divorce" but that's cause she doesn't want to be fake-married to him. Hahahah..

Anyhow....I think they cannot do what they did last season with these baddies. That could easily become criminal and Director Jang already got in trouble for that. I agree that  Kang deserved way harsher punishment for sure but the drama will need to find a way to bring these cases back to the legal system. This is something I feel is lacking this season - without a prosecutor on board, there's no ultimate punishment for these criminals. Eps 5 & 6 case was the most painful case of the lot so far. While all the cases revolved around people getting scammed, it didn't feel as bad because to an extent the victims desperation and greed ( in some cases) had a part to play in them getting into trouble. Here , these kids are completely innocent and didn't deserve to become victims.

@mademoiselle I still don't get how Kang made money from these folks. I know the kids were used so that they could score higher points . But higher points to do what? Apply for government housing scheme  (like in Singapore , I know there's something similar) ? Anyhow, I am assuming they took his seal and could use that to return the homes to these couples. But do these couples even deserve to own such a place considering they agreed to lie about having kids etc.

I was low-key hoping SJH would be driver #2 but I don't mind that he's some evil rich chaebol. Like you said it would be awesome if he could be bad-ass all the way. I am assuming that the sniping incident in Vietnam is somehow linked to his organisation. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I can't say I 100% understood how it works but it seem that he acted like an agent, helping them meet the criteria in getting the houses but if there's some loophole in their contract which allow him to scam and take the houses. In turn these couples become indebted to him. They can't report him so have to suck it up and keep paying him. That's how he earn money. Plus he owns those houses/apartments so he can resell or rent them out and earn more money.

I kinda don't think Taxi Team returned the houses to the couples. Like you said, they broke the law and turned a blind eye to the children.

• Insightful 1
4 hours ago, goemul said:

Trash press lmao, I think due to the events from last season it makes sense they are a little less brutal. It's better this way to not get attention from the police I guess.

What? :pandasipsip: They hit innocent children on the head, abused them, lied to them, forced them into a cage and put them into a suitcase. Maybe not Trash press, okay, but grabbing a leg with the crane thingy and let him hang for a few days. 

@Dhakra @goemul I think there's still hope in the romance department :GrowDerp:...not so much based on what Kang said but mainly GoEun's reaction when DoKi was trapped in that fiery place...I know she was quick to "divorce" but that's cause she doesn't want to be fake-married to him. Hahahah..

Exactly, she wants to quickly turn a fake marriage into a real dating-real marriage. :pandacool:

Eps 5 & 6 case was the most painful case of the lot so far.

You mean both seasons combined?

Go Eun's sister's case last season almost broke me, with all the things happening back then, Go Eun locking herself up, poor girls forced into rape, and then she even got abducted with another girl and was almost forced to do a follow-up video. It was so horrible, I was so happy when Do Ki saved her and beat the crap out of the baddies. 
Marie's case was also very, very brutal. 

But you know how I work, these kind of cases always get me very hard. I will still never forget the scene from the drama Signal.

• Like 3

:pandawhat: for giggles, every time someone recognizes Do Gi in his taxi driver outfit. like with the elevator scene I was hope for Mr. Jang to completely make it disappear or turn it to just an ordinary cabinet so he would second guess himself but I guess making it stuck mid air will play out some how.

I miss the graphic nature of the fights as well. and of course “say. you. surrender”. I'm still clinging to the hope that he just really likes what the Rainbow Taxi is doing.

• Like 1

configuration in identity of character have raised questions; “Taxi Driver 2” • video footage  •  teaser images

Edited by wink_

Episode 7 Recap

• So Kang is dead and SJH seems to be a cold-hearted killer who killed his partner off and stepped on him. Oh boy, that will be one intense case. 
  • Seriously how did they manage to put the stickers down on a police car? If these cars will ever go through inspection, they will get a different kind of call. :scaredpanda2:
  • Ahh, the current case remembers me a lot about the drama "Save Me" a few years ago. I get the same uncomfortable feeling. 
  • Humming Go Eun is so cute :pandablush: 
  • Totally want that Taxi Driver Blu Ray Cover.
  • Cult Leader Do Ki will be so much fun aswell. :laugh: Do Ki who defeats death

About the preview :pandarage2:

Spoiler

Someone DARES TO ATTACK Go Eun?? :pandarage::pandarage2: 

Edited by Dhakra
  • Like 1